4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

Gold standard! One of MAC's best brushes. Absolute fave to pack on shadow. Especially if I have a shadow that isnt very pigmented, or patchy...the 139 does a great job! And It lasted years.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Best eyeshadow brush ever! It's pricey, but is really the best in packing on the shadow on the eye lid and diffuse the edges. The new (synthetic) version is not comparable to this one, so don't be fooled and buy the wrong/new one. I have two back-ups and went on an online hunt to get a fourth one when I heard it was going to be discontinued, but no success unfortunately. If you discover a lonely survivor somewhere, don't hesitate and buy it! Or buy it and sell it to me! :-) Update: the Zoeva 234 brush is a good dupe!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Awesome brush worth every cent! The bristles are soft, yet firm and this brush preforms like no other brush I have ever used on the lid! Fantastic brush for packing on colour, minimizing fall out, and help shadows look rich and opaque. The 239 is sturdy, well made, washes easily, retains it's shape, and no shedding. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

This is a really good brush that does what it's supposed to do.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I love this brush!! it is absolutely amazing it packs on the color so you dont have to keep apply shadow to build up. unlike my other flat shadw brushes that wont pact on. plush if you put it at a slant/angle you can apply color to the crease and blend colors!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

2 years ago

I heard MAC is discontinuing all their natural hair brushes and replacing with synthetic hair. If it's true, it's a huge mistake in my opinion, because I have three "holy grail" MAC brushes, and 239 is one of them. I have a few backups, because I am so serious about this brush. I'm also a brush snob, most of mine are Hakuhodo, with a handful of Tom Ford, Koyudo, and Wayne Goss in the mix. The 239 is most similar to Hakuhodo J004, but it's a bit less wide and the bristles are a bit shorter, while the 239 handle is longer (there is a short handle version of the 239 if that's your preference. I have both and they perform the same). The bristle density is the same between the two, as is the softness. Neither brush sheds in my experience. I prefer the slightly more compact head of the 239. I have hooded eyelids, so not much lid space and the 239 is amazing for packing on color, wet or dry. If MAC is actually discontinuing this brush, do yourself a favor and grab one!

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

This is a really great brush, great for packing on eyeshadow. I suppose this could also be used for other makeup applications like applying concealer or eyebrow products. Soft, not shedding, washes up nicely. This is currently on sale at Nordstrom (perhaps other places, not sure!), so a nice time to pick this up. It is a bit pricey, so picking this up at the sale price is nice. But I do believe in investing in good brushes, ones that work well and are not just hyped up, and imho this deserves it's rave reviews. My only very small trivial 'complaint' is that this comes with no packaging. It would be nice to have some sort of secure protective wrapping on this. This was shipped in a loose cello-type of sleeve and it slipped right out of the sleeve. No worries, as I wash all brushes before using them for the first time. But still, some sort of protective packaging would be nice, even when purchasing in-store. But is a pleasure to use and makes makeup application easier. Would repurchase and would recommend.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

1.0

3 years ago

This is one of the worst brushes I've ever bought (my others are Bobbi Brown, Dior, Sisley). It's poorly made, it gets fluffy and can't hold it's shape. Disaster! Add a bit of money and by better brush, good brushes lasts for years, this one won't hold for more than several months.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

OMG the best brush ever. picks up good..goes on smooth..FORGET all your cheap brushes like ELF and W&W...you pay for what you get

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This one is amazing, it is so easy to pick products up, and the size of this is just good. it is soft. No more words, just buy it.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age25-29