69%
package quality

price range

Reviews

6 days ago

I use this under my eye area and also to conceal redness around the sides of my nose. In both areas I dab this on with a small concealer brush, rather than the oversized doe foot applicator that it comes with. Not only do I get much more controlled application exactly where needed, it also means I end up using less product - which can never be a bad thing! Once dotted on I use my damp beauty blender to blend this out and then follow with LM Translucent setting powder (or any other very fine-milled setting powder). It does dry quickly which is something to be aware of, so when applying be sure to blend as soon as it's dabbed on. When using under my eyes I always use an eye cream first of all to get the best possible canvas and reduce dehydration lines which otherwise tend to show through later in the day after around 8 hours of wear or so. This is fragranced (I can still detect it after 2 hours which gives an idea just how much is in here!) and that may cause problems for people with very sensitive eyes, as it did for one of my friends who tried to use this. Apart from that this is a fantastic concealer that hides redness/under-eye shadows exceptionally well and lasts the whole day. Worth all the hype surrounding it. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

1.0

a month ago

Not sure why this is rated so high. It doesnt cover well and the color is a little too yellow for me...disappointed

About reviewer (981 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

3.0

2 months ago

I've seen and heard the hype over this concealer and i've been really really wanting to try it. Sephora in my place didnt have the trial version so i got the full sized one. The pros and cons kinda are the same and they're sort of related so i hope you guys get what im trying to say. ok, Pros: - very pigmented so u only need a very small portion of it, like few pats of brush is enough - quite high staying power Cons - hugeeee wand so dont pat in directly - Expensive (Malaysian ringgit) but its very creamy and pigmented so you'll be able to use this for a long time - it's not as easy to blend, dragging it with sponge/brush will ruin it, so please PAT Overall, 1. Is it better than the drugstore brands ive tried?Yes 2. Is it really worth the hype? No. For me it is not a holy grail, it does it job good, but it's definitely leaving me some dissatisfaction (im paying that much for a product so it better be really really good, in the end its just good) 3. Is it going to be my go-to concealer? Yes, cs i paid that much and it seems to be enough until next year even if i wear it everyday Setting powders affect the concealer too. My fenty powder definitely did me more justice than my coty airspun did. This is my first non-drugstore concealer, so i'll try out the famous Nars next.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

This is seriously the BEST concealer I have used and I have used quite a few. Perfect for my oily complexion since the formula tends to be on the drier side. The coverage is FULL, last all day and doesn't cake, smudge, settle or fade. Also....a little goes a loooong way so use sparingly. My skin color ranges from NC35-37 (winter) to NC42 (summer). I prefer my concealer to match my skin tone rather than highlight it as I use it mainly to cover occasional dark under eye circles or blemishes. When I'm pale (nc35), the shade "Medium" is a near match to my skin color. When I'm tan (nc42), the color "Tan" is a real good match. I own both these shades and sometimes I mix these two up to get an even more perfect shade match. The product applicator is a doe foot which is medium sized. I use this to dab the product on and blend with a beauty blender rather than my finger to sheer it out. As I said before, the product is full coverage but can be made as sheer or as opaque as you want. I do find it oxides a bit throughout the day but only a bit. When I blend two shades together, this oxidization is effectively negated. Not a very cheap product but so worth it in my opinion. Definitely a repurchase for me.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 months ago

This stuff is amazing! It is the perfect concealer, and I won't ever use another brand.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair

HairRed

2 months ago

Love this concealer... It might as well be a foundation. It covers undereye if you're just rushing in the morning and gives a shiny, finished look if you're wanting to get all done up. It smells a bit weird (like most Tarte products) and looks less clean, in a way, but good stuff. Just a tip: A lot goes a long way. It's reallllyy creamy and thick. So, don't overdo it and swipe off the excess before you start applying.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Medium

3 months ago

I usually use the Urban Decay Naked Skin Peach color corrector as my foundation, it was the best I had found so far. I also have textured, sensitive, mature skin. One day, I decided to just, try something new. This was that something new. I really can't understand how the shade 27B fits me, but it does. The coverage is FULL, but you can bring it down by applying it and blending with a sponge instead of the fingers. Urban Decay's was much thinner, never fully dried down and tended to settle into the lines under my eye, and showed my skin texture. This dries down quite quickly and never settles and has a strange airbrush effect. It never looses it's opacity, and is almost waterproof if set with powder. I feel the shade is as close as the line has to offer for me, but I feel it is still a tad bit yellow, but it is a concealer and not a foundation after all. I've received many compliments since using it, where as I didn't while using the Urban Decay. I also receive much more product for the price, compared to Urban Decay. It has never caused any reactions or acne. Never clogged my pores either, which is unusual for a long wear product. It's definitely better than regular Shape Tape concealer, many more shade choices. I might have a rival for the Urban Decay.

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

4 months ago

I had an open mind when trying this product. I’ve been using Rodan+Fields and wanted to get a comparison of another product vs RF. I was shocked with how dry and claylike the Tarte Concealer was vs Rodan and Fields Radiant Defense. The Tarte was so thick going on that I felt like it never fully rubbed into my skin. I was going to leave the Tarte product on one side and the Radiant Defense on the other to see how they both lasted throughout the day. However, after 30 minutes I felt like the side with the Tarte Concealor was so drying that I had to wash it off and apply the Rodan+Fields Radiant Defense. I definitely will NOT ever be trying this product again and am VERY thankful that my Radiant Defense is easy to apply lasts all day and certainly is not drying on my skin.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

4 months ago

I agree with most reviews and can say that this is a great concealer! It comes with alot of product and a huge (maybe too large) dough foot applicator. It sets great with some setting powder under my eyes, last FOREVER and never settles into my fine lines. The coverage is great! You only need a small amount, it's very pigmented. Comes in a great selection of shades. I recently switched to this from Naked Skin concealer from Urban Decay.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 months ago

Just echoing what others have said: outstanding product, terrible packaging! This concealer packs a punch - you only need a tiny bit because it covers so well. For dark circles or blemishes, it's better than most concealers out there. I'm not a concealer snob...I'll try anything to avoid looking like a Walking Dead extra. I'm not a sucker for fancy packaging or names - it just has to work. This stuff works!! That being said, I simply can't give it 5 stars because the tube is a disgusting mess to use. No matter how carefully and slowly I put the wand back into the tube, tons of product gets on the rim and oozes out once I tighten the cap. It's totally annoying!! I have to wipe the exterior with a tissue every single time I use it (and no, it's not brand new).

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age44-55