Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I was looking for a concealer that could be used for under eye and blemishes, and decided to try this since it’s been so raves about. Sad to say, I’m completely disappointed.

I couldn’t get this to blend right, it looked patchy and clung to areas of skin, looked horribly around my nose, so I kept trying it out with different primers, foundations and brushes/fingers. Finally, I got a decent result with a Real Techniques sponge. I thought that was the end of it, but no.

Then I realized it looked awful at the end of the day. This product just does not wear nicely or naturally at all. It fades but doesn’t even have the decency to fade away completely, instead it breaks down in patches and leaves behind an awful texture. I do have very oily skin so I don’t expect my makeup to look immaculate all day, but normally it wears away naturally and this just looks terrible. Also, it creases on me very quickly.

I’ll continue to experiment to see if I can find the right combination for this concealer but I’m not hopeful.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Where do I begin...i am a person who NEEDS a concealer for my under eyes. My dark circles and puffiness could make a baby cry. Its that awful. Ive tried a bunch and so far, the winners for me are Estee Lauder double wear concealer snd sephora brightening gel serum concealer. Problem that I have as i get older is the crepiness and creases. It really ages the whole face if you dont use the right concealer for your under eyes.

I bought Tarte Shape Tape because of all the hype but man, i was disappointed. Luckily, i purchased the trial size for 10 bucks. I got the medium for my nc35 skin. That was a mistake. Im Asian and im not golden but instead more Neutral undertone. This concealer looked ashy and because of that, it looked bad. It was hard to spread and i typically use my fingers. I also moisturize beforehand. Throughout the day, this concealer creased and it looked cakey. I looked aged about 8 years. Ugh... This is probably good for blemishes because its so full coverage and thick but I would not recommend for under eyes. I am trying out Cover FX power play next....

on 3/10/2019 6:31:00 PM

Hi guys! I have recently started blogging about cosmetics reviews. I m 39 years old almost near forty . I have combo skin .I tried this concealer first time and it didnt dry my undereye area no creasing or drying . Its wonderful for mature skin. I blended it with my finger.It was blended like a dream .It didnt accentuate my fine lines.love this definitely.

on 3/3/2019 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin. This is my HG concealer. I don't know what else to say. The coverage is full, but the finish is not hideous or "old lady." What I might love best about mine is how well it matches my skin. I have fair skin with a yellow undertone. It blends like a dream and stays put. I use most often with my beauty blender, but also with my fingers if I'm in a hurry. I use it honestly as more of a foundation since I have a good amount of acne. I don't set it with powder (for a more youthful look) and it stays on.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The only reason why, I started buying this concealer in the first place is due to all the hype it gets. However, I was never 100% loyal towards just sticking with this concealer after buying it, because it's very pricey, and even though I like that it had full coverage, long-wearing, however, I don't think it's worth such a high price tag, also, it has a detectable chemical fragrance (parfum) to it. Which I did put up with due to the pros of this concealer, but, I no longer choose to use any complexion products on my face that have an added chemical fragrance to them. Something that you use on your face should not possess such a major skin irritant, within it. Parfum is meant to go on the body not the face.

Tarte boasts itself about providing products that are natural and that have skin care benefits included that are beneficial towards ones skin, but when I really started to take a good look at the ingredients in a lot of their products, they do have known skin irritants in them, and their makeup products aren't as natural and safe for the skin as they claim. Which is why, I don't choose to buy anything from Tarte anymore. For those that would like an affordable dupe to this concealer, definitely try the E.LF. Camo Concealer, which is fragrance free, btw.

on 2/21/2019 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

use this for my undereyes and it works really well in terms of coverage, it offers full coverage with little amount needed. however do note that it can be drying and patchy after a while if you don't prime beforehand, so make sure you apply eye cream & primer before putting on this concealer. it's best to layer the concealer bit by bit because putting it on thick can make your skin look really pale and cakey. also, because i apply with my fingers, i find that this concealer dries really fast - if i don't pat it in quickly, it can leave awkward patches. the packaging drives me insane because it leaks.

a summary of this product (after typing this, i think i have mixed feelings about it):

pros:
- AMAZING coverage
- makes non-dry skin look flawless with powdery finish

cons:
- can be drying for undereye areas
- concealer tends to leak from the cap when you close it after use

all in all, i'm still using this product because of how good the coverage is, which is something i really need.

on 2/18/2019 5:48:00 PM

I love the coverage this gives me but it is super drying. I think if you are thirty or older you might want to use something smoother as it looks a bit powdery after a few hours of applying it. I don't really like nor use it alot. I prefer drugstore ones like covergirl ask Maybelline fit me. Hope you find my review helpful. If so please hit the helpful button.

on 2/7/2019 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Oh my goodness! I am amazed with this wonderful product. The only concealer I've ever purchased and used was Amazing Concealer. I used to use concealer only occasionally, so it rarely caused cysts. But these days I find myself needing concealer more and more. Amazing Concealer, beautiful as it is, destroys my skin with regular use. Aging is bad enough without bringing on the cystic acne to join the wrinkles.

I didn't really think it was possible to find a "creaseless" concealer, or a concealer that did not need to be set with "dreaded" powder (not so good around the eyes anymore). Shape Tape makes so very very happy. It costs less than Amazing Concealer, it doesn't crease, it doesn't need powder, and it covers beautifully. 34S Medium Sand it the shade for me. It's lighter than my skin/foundation, but it "melts in" and brightens all day long. So far, so good in the breakout department. I can definitely use this a few days in a row without a problem. Hopefully this will continue. If so, I've found a staple for sure!

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer due to the numerous of good reviews on this concealer, however, I can't help but feel disappointed.

This concealer provides high coverage, it blends really easily, and a little goes a long way. Due to my dry skin, I did not feel the need to set it with any powder, and it still looked great at the end of the day. But what went wrong? After the first day of trying out this concealer, I noticed a few pimples in some areas of my face. Which is confusing because I never get these kind of pimples (very small white head pimples, and a few in the same area)... As I continued to use this product, I soon realised the pimples only showed up in the places where I applied the concealer. When I stopped using the concealer, my face cleared up.

I can't help but feel really sad about this product because I thought I finally found a product that was high enough in coverage to hide my under eyes, but it's definitely not worth using if it just continues to break out my skin.
For anyone who is considering this product, DEFINITELY try a sample first before purchasing!!!