Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick (All Colors)

Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick (All Colors)
Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick (All Colors)

4.3

on 11/4/2018 4:56:00 PM

I'm surprised how well this is rated. I actually got mine free on national lipstick day so I can't complain. But I'm going to. (lol) Admittedly I got an ugly shade, I think it was called stay neutral but I've just thrown it away and can't fish it out of the bin. It's a brown nude which is very 90s. Not unuseable as far as shade, but like all liquid lipsticks I've ever tried, it gives that (ahem, excuse the analogy but nothing else comes close) "puckered butthole" look to the lips and looks very ageing. I put some mac tinted lip balm on top which made a lovely rosewood shade and I thought Oh good! But then I looked in the mirror later that day and saw lipstick on my teeth. So this doesn't like being layered. That was the death knell for this. I like the idea of a long lasting lip stain, and I like the applicator ok, but until I find something that gives a plumping satin effect, I'll stick to my guerlain rouge Gs which last well and never make my lips look anything less than plump and juicy. I wouldn't recommend this - but maybe the people who like this are more used to the pitfalls of long lasting stains and don't object as I do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought Fair Game and Babe in this lipstick line. I prefer long wearing lipsticks and have both L’Oréal Pro Matte and Revlon Superstay. I was hoping this lipstick would last as long as those brands but unfortunately the Fair Game wore off noticeably today while eating pizza. Maybe it was caused by the grease from the pizza and the same thing would happen to Pro Matte and Superstay. I will have to test pizza out on those, but I do know they’ve never worn off like that from eating any other food.

Other than wearing off from eating, I don’t notice any difference in quality between this lipstick and the drugstore brands.

Edit: I have no problem fully removing this lipstick with Studio Beauty Micellar facial wipes from Walgreens. So not hard to take off with the right tools.

on 8/9/2018 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My daughter who is 9, dances in eisteddfods and was in need of a red lipstick. It needed to be something that would be easy for her to apply, didn't smear and was long lasting. After watching many youtube videos, this looked impressive. I purchased the colour Bawse.
The lipstick colour is really beautiful. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much more going for it. I thought this would be easier for her to apply given the wand is much shorter, but the pointed shape actually made it harder for her to apply. It fades after eating, but it doesn't smear which is good. My biggest gripe about it is that is has already dried up! I've got liquid lipsticks from The Balm meet matte hughes range which are still going strong!

on 7/28/2018 5:25:00 AM

I have the colour spoiler alert

It’s a gorgeous cool purple leaning mauve that I love .

It’s very comfortable to wear , lasts a long while and doesn’t make your lips look like a crusty asshole

FEels soft and looks soft on the lips while still being matte

Can easily put gloss over top and still lasts pretty well

on 5/15/2018 11:12:00 AM

Product - Got shade Stepping Out as part of the 2018 Smashbox Fully Nude Lip Set. Stepping Out is a mauvey nude that looks a wee greyish against my AAB/NC25 coloring. Matte finish with excellent pigmentation. Easy to work with and apply, and feels non-drying on my lips. Good staying power. Stepping Out is not my favorite nude shade on its own; it's ok as a workday shade (fall season nude) or base under something else.

Packaging - Short with square cross section; bottom half is clear and top half with wand is black and screws onto the bottom. Wand has a teardrop shaped and angled and flocked face that has a hole in the center of it which holds plenty of product. I have to wipe the tip on the lip of the tube to get just the little amount needed for coverage.

Overall - The formula for this kind of matte liquid lipstick gets a high rating - but Stepping Out isn't the right shade for me. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cruelty-free lipstick uses advanced polymer technology, which makes the lipstick last up to 8 hours of wear. Despite, having a matte finish the lipstick is infused with primer oil complex to condition the lips. When choosing my lipsticks, I usually go for a bright red tone, as I love a bold red lip. However, I wanted to be bold with my colour choice and chose True Grit- a deep mahogany brown lip colour. When putting on the lipstick I was fascinated with the lip applicator, shaped like actual lips, the applicator makes it easy to apply the lipstick, without a liner. I wore this lipstick during dinner and was surprised as it did not smudge or fade, which is impressive, as this lipstick does what it advertises.

on 1/29/2018 2:18:00 PM

I love the formula. I have shockaholic and bawse. Bawse is an amazing red I think for everyone!!! It is matte and 99% transfer proof. It says through the day more than the most liquid lipsticks but it dries your lips and after hours and eating or drinking you have to reapply or remove it, but this is normal. Maybe a lip liner or primer will help. Unfortunately I thing the amount of product is not enough for its cost but ok... I recommend especially if you find it in discount!!!

on 1/7/2018 12:15:00 PM

I really really love the formula on these. Long wearing and light on the lips. I have a couple of these and really love them. I think the added primer oil in them makes them super easy to wear. Honestly hate most liquid lipsticks other than these. Will continue to repurchase.

on 12/18/2017 11:43:00 AM

I have 'Out loud' which is the best shade of all time and ut goes with every skin color. i would definitely buy again and recommend everyone.

I got the shade Maneater, a gorgeous holiday red with a metallic sheen. I have over 15 red lipsticks from different brands, and none are as unique and pretty as this . Decent applicator size for easy application. There is only a slightly dry feeling on my lips , but nothing major. Lasts even while drinking, and wears many hours without a touch up. I get many compliments from family and friends when I wear it . Will repurchase again .