69%

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 months ago

Smashbox Stepping Out - 100 pt sample from Sephora. This is a smooth, creamy formula - it feels similar to Sephora Cream Lip Stains but feels a bit plusher.  The applicator is soft and flexible.  Formula does transfer onto cups etc. but not onto teeth.  Holds up fairly well - typical reapplication after food.  I didn't find this drying. The color is so deadening on me, though.  A deep, greyed brown - looks much pinker in the tube than it does on me.  Destash due to shade incompatibility.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2.0

a year ago

Bought “Out Loud” as a longer wearing dupe of one of my favourite creme lipsticks, Iman “Paprika”. Was AMAZING when I first bought it, wore beautifully, removed easily with oil, convenient applicator. I tested every comparable liquid lipstick at Sephora, and this one had the best texture and perfect shade! Every time I wore it I felt like a million bucks. I wish I could give this shade a five star rating, but it dried up in the tube!! This has never happened to any of my other brands of liquid lipstick, which I have had in my collection way longer than this one, and were less expensive. I complained to customer service and they were not helpful at all. I won’t be buying from smashbox again, unless I’m suddenly a rich lady. Either the packaging or formula needs improvement.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

i have a mini in the shade Miss Conduct. i am glad i got this in a sample in ipsy. It is a very pretty deep red but it is so so so dry and worse wore off the middle of my lips leaving a ring..not attractive. i have a lot of liquid lippies so have experienced a lot of formulas and wear them to work when they work. i have kept his to give a shot with gloss on top but not certain it would wear any better. Wont buy this brand as i have other that work for me and arr comfortable. This is uncomfortable and wears terribly on me.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Fine

1.0

a year ago

I'm surprised how well this is rated. I actually got mine free on national lipstick day so I can't complain. But I'm going to. (lol) Admittedly I got an ugly shade, I think it was called stay neutral but I've just thrown it away and can't fish it out of the bin. It's a brown nude which is very 90s. Not unuseable as far as shade, but like all liquid lipsticks I've ever tried, it gives that (ahem, excuse the analogy but nothing else comes close) "puckered butthole" look to the lips and looks very ageing. I put some mac tinted lip balm on top which made a lovely rosewood shade and I thought Oh good! But then I looked in the mirror later that day and saw lipstick on my teeth. So this doesn't like being layered. That was the death knell for this. I like the idea of a long lasting lip stain, and I like the applicator ok, but until I find something that gives a plumping satin effect, I'll stick to my guerlain rouge Gs which last well and never make my lips look anything less than plump and juicy. I wouldn't recommend this - but maybe the people who like this are more used to the pitfalls of long lasting stains and don't object as I do.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

a year ago

I just bought Fair Game and Babe in this lipstick line. I prefer long wearing lipsticks and have both L’Oréal Pro Matte and Revlon Superstay. I was hoping this lipstick would last as long as those brands but unfortunately the Fair Game wore off noticeably today while eating pizza. Maybe it was caused by the grease from the pizza and the same thing would happen to Pro Matte and Superstay. I will have to test pizza out on those, but I do know they’ve never worn off like that from eating any other food. Other than wearing off from eating, I don’t notice any difference in quality between this lipstick and the drugstore brands. Edit: I have no problem fully removing this lipstick with Studio Beauty Micellar facial wipes from Walgreens. So not hard to take off with the right tools.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

3.0

a year ago

My daughter who is 9, dances in eisteddfods and was in need of a red lipstick. It needed to be something that would be easy for her to apply, didn't smear and was long lasting. After watching many youtube videos, this looked impressive. I purchased the colour Bawse. The lipstick colour is really beautiful. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much more going for it. I thought this would be easier for her to apply given the wand is much shorter, but the pointed shape actually made it harder for her to apply. It fades after eating, but it doesn't smear which is good. My biggest gripe about it is that is has already dried up! I've got liquid lipsticks from The Balm meet matte hughes range which are still going strong!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

from

2 years ago

I have the colour spoiler alert It’s a gorgeous cool purple leaning mauve that I love . It’s very comfortable to wear , lasts a long while and doesn’t make your lips look like a crusty asshole FEels soft and looks soft on the lips while still being matte Can easily put gloss over top and still lasts pretty well

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

2 years ago

<b><i>Product</i></b> - Got shade Stepping Out as part of the 2018 Smashbox Fully Nude Lip Set. Stepping Out is a medium brown nude that pulls a wee mauve and greyish against my AAB/NC25 coloring. Matte finish with excellent pigmentation. Easy to work with and apply, and feels non-drying on my lips. Good staying power. Stepping Out is not my favorite nude shade on its own; it's ok as a workday shade (fall season nude) or base under something else.<br> <b><i>Packaging</i></b> - Short with square cross section; bottom half is clear and top half with wand is black and screws onto the bottom. Wand has a teardrop shaped and angled and flocked face that has a hole in the center of it which holds plenty of product. I have to wipe the tip on the lip of the tube to get just the little amount needed for coverage.<br> <b><i>Overall</i></b> - The formula for this kind of matte liquid lipstick gets a high rating - but Stepping Out isn't the right nude for me.

About reviewer (939 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This cruelty-free lipstick uses advanced polymer technology, which makes the lipstick last up to 8 hours of wear. Despite, having a matte finish the lipstick is infused with primer oil complex to condition the lips. When choosing my lipsticks, I usually go for a bright red tone, as I love a bold red lip. However, I wanted to be bold with my colour choice and chose True Grit- a deep mahogany brown lip colour. When putting on the lipstick I was fascinated with the lip applicator, shaped like actual lips, the applicator makes it easy to apply the lipstick, without a liner. I wore this lipstick during dinner and was surprised as it did not smudge or fade, which is impressive, as this lipstick does what it advertises. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sU9vQw5SrgA"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sU9vQw5SrgA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBlack

from

2 years ago

I love the formula. I have shockaholic and bawse. Bawse is an amazing red I think for everyone!!! It is matte and 99% transfer proof. It says through the day more than the most liquid lipsticks but it dries your lips and after hours and eating or drinking you have to reapply or remove it, but this is normal. Maybe a lip liner or primer will help. Unfortunately I thing the amount of product is not enough for its cost but ok... I recommend especially if you find it in discount!!!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24