MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Honeylove

MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick - Honeylove

4.1

Honeylove is one of my favorite MAC lipsticks with Jubilee and Velvet Teddy.
It is a beautiful matte light rosy beige shade. I was afraid it was going to be too light on my coloring (NW 20) but it looks great even without a lipliner. A very classy nude color that pairs well with either a natural eye makeup or a sophisticated smokey eye. Works great with a Brigitte Bardot '60s look !
It's so gorgeous.
If I want a little bit more definition I pair it with the Subculture lipliner for a light contour.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

One of my favourites colour wise from mac. I like how it stands out on its own as a lighter nude when most nudes are a darker nude brown colour, i like that this is lighter and very original, slightly more on the yellowish side as opposedto a plain medium brown. I would suggest using a lip balm with any matte lipstick from mac, but, whether it may be slightly drying or not, nothing would stop me using these beautiful colours. Mac lipsticks may be known for being more expensive (hance why i gave it 4 stars value wise), especially here in Australia, but the extra few dollars sent is well worth the money for a very high quality lipstick.

It’s a gorgeous shade, to me it reminds me the sixties, I have medium skin tone, so little bit pale to me, but still wearable.

on 4/16/2018 3:56:00 PM

One of my favourite lipsticks from MAC and overall! It’s a pale nude colour ( slightly darker than having concealer lips haha!) but it’s flattering when on. Looks great with either spice or subculture lipliner and myth gloss on top ( all from MAC). With it being a matte finish it is drying bare that in mind! If there’s a dupe try it!! Seeing as MAC have increased their lipsticks from £15.50 to £17.50

I really wanted to like this color, but I don’t. I describe it as a caramel beige color. I’m a fan of MAC mattes, but this just applies unevenly and makes my fair skin look garish. It also yellows my teeth more. I honestly only use this to tone down a too dark color. I have no other use for it as I won’t be wearing it by itself. A fail for me.

It's too drying for my liking, wasn't able to make it work on my constantly chapped lips. Even with the balm underneath it looked all crunchy and made me hate myself for a moment. BUT several times I've actually received compliments on my lip color so if only the formula was a little softer.
Pros: nice smell; nice packaging; not very expensive; pretty color; very opaque; good staying power
Cons: dry as hell
If you can pull it off just go with it & I'll be secretly jealous )))

I love Honeylove. I am NC15 and on me, Honeylove is a lovely beige nude which is very flattering on my lips - toning them down a bit but not giving me the dreaded concealer lips or washing me out. It flatters my skin tone well. It is a very natural, but pretty colour. The formula is very comfortable to wear as well, long lasting and matte but not at all drying. It doesn’t sink into lip lines or bleed. It lasts well throughout the day, though will need to be retouched after a full meal. It lasts through a full shift at work easily though. It applies easily, without dragging. The formula is quite creamy for a matte - I consider it consistent with MAC’s other matte formulas. I reach for this a lot, it goes well with a smokey eye or a natural look. This lipstick is well worth a try if you have a fair and warm toned complexion. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am an nc30 gal with strong yellow undertones in my skin. My lips are pretty pigmented already. This shade goes on like a concealer nude. I am a fan of Mac’s matte lipsticks, just not this shade. I wouldn’t repurchase this shade. But if I were to use it up, I would use it to lighten up my darker lipsticks or use in the center of my lips for an ombré effect.

Fave Mac nude: velvet teddy, taupe

on 8/17/2017 7:27:00 PM

Wanted to love this, along with the Subculture lipliner. Hated both. They look orange on me. Awful. Many love this combo but it didn't look good on me at all. Sadly, I will be returning both.

This was one of my favorite lip colors when I was into wearing lighter nudes. On my light olive skin, this looks really beautiful with a dark/ defined eye and strong cheeks. The only problem I have with this is that it can be very drying by the end of the day, and this shade, being lighter, does not layer well.