4.1

$19.50 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

3 months ago

I love this tinted lip balm. My lips are always dry so this feels great without adding too much colour with one swipe, or a beautiful sheer red with a few swipes. Friends who have big lips and feel self conscious in make up love this one too as its beautiful but easy to wear. Great on any complexion.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

6 months ago

I am in love with this shade, I think I like this even more than the Pink Honey shade. This is easy staple for a no makeup makeup look. Black Honey is much more opaque than what I expected it to be. It glides on super smooth and balmy. My lips naturally have a bit of color to them and this enhanced it to a pretty berry/red color. This was also surprisingly hydrating, I didn't feel like the Pink Honey shade was very hydrating. Would definitely recommend to everyone, especially the gals like aren't into heavy makeup and just want a bit of color to look done up.

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

a year ago

Omfg where has this been all my life. This is my HG! I'm 49 & have been looking for something like this forever. Bought it because someone on here said Arwen in Lord of the Rings wore it & it looked gorgeous on her. Beautiful perfect mlbb colour that never looks garish & doesn't turn pink on me. Can apply without a mirror in the street & not look like I'm trying to tart myself up cause the packaging is not "in your face" - I got the travel size, £5 on eBay in uk & you get 1.2g while the full size is 1.9g so I got three. I'm stocking up on this :) I find it lasts for hours on me and doesn't dry out my lips which is what I was afraid of. I had it on last night, put some hydromol cream over the top and still had it on this morning. The great thing with this is you can moisturise your lips on top of you want & the colour doesn't slide off. I've never known a lip colour like it. And it brightens my whole face, brings out my blue eyes & makes me look younger :) I hate the heavy feel of lipstick & this is perfect. moisturising without the greasy feel of a balm or gloss & my hair doesn't stick to it in the wind. Burt's bees red dahlia is a fantastic dupe but the colour doesn't last five minutes - I love it though & have stocked up on these as well in case it's discontinued or they change the colour...sigh. Try the black honey, it's not dark at all just a beautiful natural looking flush of colour :) love love LOVE IT!! Edit I'm adding to this review because I'm sick of seeing people downvote this because "it doesn't last long". What do you expect from something called "almost lipstick". To me it deserves a lippie - it's doing what it's supposed to do. Secondly I'm fed up with seeing "it clings to my dry patches". Well why don't you sort out your dry lips properly with a proper moisturising lip care regime instead of trying to cover it up with more chemical laden "lipstick" which will only make matters worse? Look at the ingredients you use on your lips for starters. I don't care if people hate me for this or I get downvotes either...sigh.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

wow, love it

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Medium

HairBlack

a year ago

I don't know why i haven't heard of it. It's obviously not a lipstick, it just like a tinted lip balm and also the best tinted lip balm that i have ever used. The color is not shown at first but it's getting brighter over time as it mixed with you natural lip color. My lips feel soft and it does plump your lips a little bit.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

2.0

a year ago

The colour is nice for fall/winter though too dark otherwise (on my fair skin), but my main problem with it is that the formula dries out my already-dehydrated lips. Also, there's a slight crayon-like smell which I wouldn't expect from a higher-end brand like Clinique (I want my lip products to be completely unscented).

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I was excited to try because I heard some many great reviews about this almost-lipstick. I really like the color. It's like a black cherry color, when applied it goes on sheer. One of the things I did notice is that it settles in the lines of my lips, it looks terrible when my lips are dry. I have to exfoliate before wearing this. One good thing is that it's not drying, it seems to be emollient (think that's the idea being from Clinique). I do feel it to be a little to waxy. I may try it on again when my lips are nice and smooth and see how it is. I do not like it smell of this lipstick, it reminds me of those cheap wax crayons.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

I have been buying this for about 20 years! It is a beautiful, sheer plummy-berry-raisin lip tint and I always think it looks good no matter what I am wearing. I am crazy about lipstick and have a million, but this is definitely in my top five of all time. I always have one in my makeup bag. The only drawbacks are that it doesn't have great staying power and it costs about $20. But so pretty!

About reviewer (168 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I received a sample of this, never bought the full size. Really I just tried it just to see what all of the commotion was about it. The jury is still out. First of all, the sample packaging is more attractive to me than the full size. Lipstick is fun and the packaging should be too. I enjoy Clinique's style, very minimal but luxurious. The full size tube looks like a pen or a laser pointer and would be constantly lost in my purse. Frankly, it's boring. The sample tube is colored, perfect size, looks fresh and not boring. As for it's performance, I was pleasantly surprised by the color and the way it made my lips look beautiful and healthy. It looks completely natural and great with makeup or bare face. No obnoxious fragrance. The disappointments start after that. It wasn't very long lasting. I had to constantly reapply, and no moisturizing properties at all. I had the impression that it was a balm of sorts, but it's not. It's transparent lipstick. After an hour, it faded away and left pigment in my lip lines and the corners of my mouth. It clung to any dry skin on my lips. Dry skin I didn't know I had. For over $19 with tax, it truly isn't worth it. I understand it is a "Cult Classic " but there are better out there. Maybe if it was longer lasting and better moisturizing, I'd consider spending the money.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I love this lipstick so much! I am about 30 years late trying this, but better late than never! I received a mini in my Sephora PlayBox and went through it quickly and purchased the full size immediately after. When I first saw this, I didn't think I would like it. It looks a lot darker in the tube than it does on the lips. It's a sheer, but very buildable berry red with a hint of brown. I can't decide if this is a warm shade or cool. My skin is neutral, but leaning more on the cooler side and this looks amazing on me. It has pretty good lasting power and it fades evenly, which I really appreciate. It is pretty moisturizing and goes on like a balm. Very easy to apply and I rarely even need a mirror. It has quickly became my everyday "go to" lip color. It provides that effortless French vibe that I absolutely love! I can see why this is a cult favorite and I hope they never discontinue this. It's my HG lip product.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43