COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

4.2

Mineral Water, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Lactate, Glycolic Acid, Water, Betaine Salicylate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethyl Hexanediol. pH is 3.90

on 10/14/2018 10:50:00 PM

I'm a bit of a product junkie, always looking for something better than what I already use, but this is one of the few things I buy well before I run out of it. It's made a huge difference in my oily, mixed acneic skin (whiteheads, cystic acne, you name it, which I finally figured out was both fungal AND bacterial after a bunch of derm consults and trying various things to address both. Oh, and 35 years of acne experience, sadly!). I've also found it to be good at addressing folliculitis on my back which none of the derms could figure out.

Pros:
Very few ingredients, but highly effective
Alcohol free
Just drying enough on my oily skin
Comes in a spray bottle so I don't waste product and can reach my back
Widely available online
Bottle is a good size and decent price

Cons:
None that I've found after 4 bottles!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combination skin and now that it's summer I noticed that especially around my T-zone I get very oily and get stubborn blackheads and whiteheads. I have been using scrubs to keep them at bay, but since I also have fairly sensitive skin I can only use scrubs once a week.

So I decided to give the COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner a go, after seeing so many amazing reviews.
I use it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening, and after a week I have noticed a visible difference. This product has helped to drastically reduce the blackheads and whiteheads and my skin is a lot smoother and less bumpy since using it.

I can highly recommend this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have started using this since 18 February 2018 working up from once a day to test it and now 2x a day after face wash. It feels like water, absorbed quickly, quite good even mist. Now the effectiveness, it's quite hard to tell if it's working... It seems keeping my pores cleaner for longer... But I still need to get facial with extraction, not as often I suppose...

on 2/23/2018 12:31:00 PM

COSRX Korean Skin Care has been a cult favorite for a long time, and thankfully more of us can be exposed to this brand since it has recently come to Ulta Beauty. The AHA and BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner is a great product to add to your skincare routine as long as your skin has been exposed to these acids in the past. If not, I suggest you start out very slowly because there are instances where these can cause redness and sensitivity. If you are new to using these exfoliating acids start out slowly- like once a week- and build up your skin's tolerance. This is a great option for someone looking to incorporate alpha and beta hydroxy acids into their skin care routine; I especially appreciate the fragrance free formula. My more detailed review can be seen here:

on 2/2/2018 12:21:00 PM

I think this is a pretty mild aha/bha product. Because my skin can take chemical peeling without feeling much, so once every three days I use a cotton pad with this for that extra exfoliation.

I'm using this with the cosrx whitehead power liquid and blackhead liquid. Spritz this, massage it in, apply whitehead power liquid, wait 20 minutes, apply blackhead liquid. At times I use this on its own before my lotion and gel moisturizer.

Anyway I've heard a lot of people comparing this with Mizon AHA & BHA Daily Clean Toner, and reviews seems to be good so I really can't wait to finish this bottle.

I’ve had my acne prone skin under control for 3 years but i still dealt with stubborn clogged pores and acne scars. After trying numerous AHA products that usually left my skin irritated i decided to try this toner. This product has been working wonders for me. I’ve seen a decrease in acne scars and clogged pores since i started using this. I’ve noticed glowing skin, less skin flakes and reduced oil. New HG toner for sure. Would recommend to anyone with acne prone skin! for reference i use Acne.org Gentle Cleanser and Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment with the Boscia Black Hydration Gel.

This is a nice toner, it's alcohol free so it's not drying, and it's also fragrance free for those of us allergic to fragrance, so it hasn't caused me any breakouts or other skin issues.

I like how light it feels, and that it's not too exfoliating so I can combine it with my other acids, and it gets a long well with the other products in my skin care regiment. It restores my PH pretty well, and I like the spray bottle option, so when I'm feeling lazy I can just spritz it onto my face instead of using a cotton round.

I don't know if I like this enough to repurchase it when it finishes, but we'll see if once it's run out.

on 10/14/2017 2:00:00 PM

This toner is the best toner I've found so far for lowering the ph of the skin after cleansing.

It is, at least for my skin, not strong enough to exfoliate that much on its own, so for exfoliating I am using different acid toners such as P50, Ordinary's Glycolic Toner, Salicylic & Lactic Acid.

However, prepping my skin for these exfoliating toners was the sole reason for buying this, and it happens to be a great prepper as the ph is ca. 4 which makes the acidic actives / treatments following just SO effective!

I need to use this because my facial cleanser has a ph of ca. 5,5, and together with the limey water here it leaves the skin way too alcalic for ANY acid active to do its job! Hence the Cosrx AHA/AHB Clarifying Toner.

(My normal toner is Missha Time Revolution TONER and I am using this every time I will not follow with any acids in my regimen. It's ph 5 and better for retinol (wait 10-15 minutes after it anyway, so the skin ph will go up to ca. 5,5 ph) - so the retinol can do its job properly).

Would definitely buy again, the ingredient list is pretty good, and also it doesn't contain Niaciminde, which would prevent me from using anything Vit C-ish afterwards. This little bottle is perfect!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After having such speedy results using the Cosrx Blackhead Power Liquid I wanted to try this toner. It's one of the very few products by Cosrx that are readily available in select stores in Canada. I've never seen a toner in a spray bottle before but I like the option of spraying it directly onto my skin or a cotton round. It is a good spray mist, very light and even, but there will be overspray if you choose to go direct to the face with it. The best aspect about this (and other Cosrx) product(s) is has very few ingredients and absolutely no alcohol in it. I do not detect a scent and it feels like water on the skin. I have dry skin and find this to be hydrating, a nice balancing toner before using my vitamin C serum at night. You can use this twice a day but I typically only use this at night. I enjoy using this as an ongoing preventative step to keep my skin clear which helps minimize pore size.

I have skipped the "toner" step in my skin care for quite a while because I just didn't enjoy the feel of most I've tried, or because of the high alcohol content. This one surprised me, I'm very pleased with this toner and will continue to purchase.

I'm on the fence when it comes to this stuff.

It's okay and works but I didn't see much of a difference with it. I have since switched to Thayer's alcohol free rose toner as a temporary replacement for my two I usually buy (kikumasamune & Hatomugi).

This just doesn't live up to those two so I stopped using it once I used up the bottle of it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials