Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this cleanser, non-irritating or drying, it doesn’t leave a film on the face, removes most of my face makeup. Just make sure you shake it well before using it.

on 3/22/2017 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't care for this cleanser too much. It is gentle and foams a bit, but something about the texture was unpleasant to me. It is more like a lotion then a cleansing foam. Also the fragrance is not my favorite. I wouldn't buy this again, there's better at lower prices. If the texture of this wasn't so liquid like, and more dense and foamy, I would probably rate it higher.

on 9/24/2016 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin and do a double cleanse at night. I needed a cleanser that effectively removed any residue and makeup left behind by my favorite cleansing oil. This cleanser fits the bill. It has a texture like lotion, but isn't sudsy or drying. In fact, it seems to add moisture to my skin. Plus, this cleanser smells pleasant--light, clean floral. I didn't give this cleanser 5 stars because it isn't the holy grail I seek: A cleanser that breaks down makeup like an oil/balm and rinses perfectly clean like a gel cleanser and leaves no trace of makeup/residue, but isn't drying.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh, Estee! You're redeeming yourself after the Kendall Jenner debacle! ANMCF is a great product. It comes in a twist-off (why? why? do you think I enjoy fumbling with a slippery cap with wet hands?) capped squeeze tube, which I prefer to a pump. So the packaging is a mixed bag, but the product is amazing.

A snowy white liquidy product flows out very easily and she you apply it to your face, there's a burst of Idealist fragrance! I loved that serum from the moment it debuted and would have worn the fragrance as a body spray. There's not so much perfume here that you want to gag, and it settles quickly into a castile soap non-smell (and I am pregnant, so my sensitive nose is up in dog territory). It foams enough to spread nicely around the face, removes my makeup well, doesn't sting my eyes, and doesn't leave me with a tight, pinched feeling. I do not wear heavy or long wearing makeup so I cannot speak to how well it would remove that.

The real joy is that my skin looks even and clear. I'm of the school of thought that says cleanser doesn't stay on long enough to do anything, but there is a noticeable difference in how much skin looks when I use this. I hope they fix the cap, but this is a definite buy and re-buy for me.

on 7/14/2016 2:55:00 AM

This cleanser reminds me of the Veritè Soft Foam Cleanser back in the 90s. (Which was an extremely effective -and mild- cleanser.) The fragrance, the mild surfactants are all the same. But the major difference is that the AN Micro Cleansing Foam is way too liquid and one will need a lot more product to be able to have any effect (if any) at all!
The packaging is just gorgeous with its simplicity in the opaque tube with EL-blue printing and the gold cap!
I love the lovely fragrance and that this cleanser is so mild that even truly sensitive skin can use it! But it unfortunately truly lacks the ability to remove make-up as it is today.
I hope EL reformulates the product to a somewhat thicker consistency and that it will contain more surfactants (foaming-agents) so it will be easier to handle and that it will foam properly and have a chance of doing its job, e.g.cleansing! It really would be a pity to see this product disappear too!

on 7/3/2016 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was almost perfect for my ultra sensitive, very dry skin. It does not leave my skin feeling dry at all. In fact, it adds moisture to my skin. It makes the skin look more refined and luminous. However, there is something in this cleanser that sloughs off dead skin cells...at times it can feel harsh. I could not figure out which ingredient sloughs off the skin cells which made me feel uneasy as its not something I want to do everyday. Also, my skin started to experience a burning sensation after I washed with this. It would also feel raw from the daily exfoliation. My skin also started to get a little red which it never does. For these reasons I have no choice but to discontinue use. I think it would be a great product for someone without sensitive skin. However, I am writing this with burning skin from this product. :(