Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's a no-frills cleanser with a lovely smell. I haven't tried using it to remove makeup, but it works well as an AM cleanser. It doesn't leave the skin feeling tight and has a pretty calming effect on the skin.

on 8/13/2017 11:23:00 PM

Not for sensitive skin! First is the fairly strong scent of rose which is not a great idea. Even worse is the isopropyl myristate in the formulation, which is strongly comedogenic. So much for the assertion that Asian Beauty is superior. (I do wish fewer formulations had those dastardly silicone oils, Milky Jelly doesn't have them, but it's not good for me.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for almost 2 weeks now morning and night, and I have to say I'm in love! I've been having such a hard time finding a cleanser that won't dry me out, cause break outs, and not make my sensitive skin bright red. What I love about this is after washing my face feels so clean and soft, never tight or dry. This cleanser is perfect if you are using topical acne medications that can dry out your skin. So far no breakouts or irritation and everything makes me break out! Some people have compared this to being an overpriced version of cetaphil, but let me tell you, this is no cetaphil! The ingredients are less harmful and I don't know about you but cetaphil clogged my pores and made me breakout! This wonderful product will not do that!

on 8/6/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If i could give this a zero rating I would. What is this? a skin sensitizing night mare. Is it over priced? To get it to Canada Yessss. 35 buck to get this goop which honestly looks like spectro gel but with the most annoying, headache inducing rose scent ever.
Comfrey is not for sensitive skins and it not to be used around the eyes. This is what happens when a bunch of vanity magazine editors get crowdfunding to "create" a cleanser. I used it twice. First time, I got little red bumps...rosacea flare. Second time, my eyes puffed up because I could not get it out of my eye lashes ( i have long ones)
Its a cash-grabbing, hyped up ploy "The only cleanser you need". Well I guess my garbage can needs it more.
**UPDATE** I just want to add a little something here. The customer service at glossier is excellent. They were interested in my feedback and gave me a full refund. This cleanser has potential if they ever decide to remove the isopropyl mystirate and comfrey. It's certainly a better formula than spectro gel and yes, it does remove light makeup. I wear Kat Von D lockit concealer and also pretty heavy duty Japanese sunscreen and it removed it well. The texture is pleasant , the pH is on point and it's cleansing power is very good when used properly, the fact that glossier he is willing to except more feedback and improve the product means that this cleanser has serious potential to be the best there is out there. I really appreciate that there are no fatty alcohols, I may give it another try and update again.

on 7/25/2017 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Disclaimer: bought a 5ml sample of this from a lovely lady on Reddit via /r/asianbeautyexchange and my review is based off one week's usage.

Pros:
- Doesn't leave my skin tight and dry after rinsing!! Most water-based cleansers do, and they dehydrate the crap out of my skin. This is one of the 3 or so water-based cleansers that I know do not.
- Smells nice. Like actual roses and not the artificial rose smell you usually get from products. Personally I don't care for scents in my skincare because I prefer to use something that works regardless of smell, but if smell matters to you, this one smells nice.
- Texture on the skin is nice. It doesn't foam up at all but I still felt like my face was being cleansed. Didn't leave a film after rinsing at all.
- The full size seems like a lot of product (6 fl ounces = almost 200ml whoa)

Cons:
- Glossier's marketing made me skeptical about the efficacy of the cleanser. Yes, their marketing game is spot on but sometimes you just can't help but think "is their stuff too good to be true?" Idk about their other products because this is the only thing I've tried of theirs, but their cleanser exceeded my pretty low expectations.
- Includes a personal trigger ingredient for me (isopropyl myristate). Fortunately, it didn't give me any bad reactions... probably because the ingredient is one of the last on the INCI list.
- Personally not sure how well it removes makeup. Tbh I don't expect this to be a sole makeup remover anyway because I prefer to double cleanse when I'm wearing makeup anyway. I only used it in the mornings. I'm keen to see how it fares as a second cleanser but since I only had a 5ml sample, I didn't really wanna try doing that because I tend to be generous with my cleanser application when I'm removing makeup!
- Doesn't ship to very many countries, including where I am. Unless I decide to use a third party shipping system to order from Glossier, I don't see myself repurchasing this until they start shipping to where I am. Sadly.

TLDR: good cleanser in the mornings, MAY work as a second cleanser if you double cleanse your makeup away, just wished it was more available internationally.

on 7/24/2017 4:22:00 AM

I love this cleanser and have been using it for almost a year. It's gentle on the skin and perfect for morning cleansing and evening's double cleansing. It helps to keep my skin moisturized after double or triple cleansing to take my make-up off. I use Muji's oil cleanser to remove make up, then glossier milky jelly cleanser to ensure my face is clean.

The price is also very reasonable and packaging ensures no leakages.

on 7/16/2017 1:15:00 PM

I love this cleanser. It's so perfect for morning cleansing or as part of a double-cleanse. It works for makeup removal as well, even mascara. This is supremely gentle, no irritation to the skin or the eyes.

It can be applied to dry or wet skin. No foaming or lather. Just thorough, gentle cleansing that leaves my skin feeling soft and pampered.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I will definitely buy this again. Recommended!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had been dying to try out Glossier for a while, and this cleanser is a good place to start with the brand. It has a wonderful jelly consistency and is extremely gentle on the skin and eyes (the cleansing agents are the same as in contact solution!). It has a light rose scent, not too obtrusive, and it didn't break out my hypersensitive, acne-prone skin. I wouldn't use it as a makeup remover alone, but it does a good job of cleansing the skin and taking off traces of makeup leftover.
That being said, I'm not sure if I would repurchase it again because it's a bit pricey, and it left my skin feeling a little tight. Nothing some moisturizer couldn't fix, but at that price point I would prefer if it didn't leave me feeling dry. I love the look of the packaging and the fact that the dispenser clicks shut (good for travel), but I did have a lot of trouble getting product out once I got to the bottom of the bottle. Again, for the price, I'd like to be able to use every last drop.

Recommended for normal-oily-combination skin, acne prone, sensitive.
Repurchase: Maybe

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a sample of this with my cloud paint, so this is only based off of four uses, but I wanted to chime in on the (imo unfair) comparisons to Cetaphil, and confirm that this isn't for all skin types. I used milky jelly dry to spot-remove some of my makeup, and wet while washing my entire face.

I have acne-prone, combination skin, so I had a feeling this wouldn't work out, but my curiosity got the best of me. I had one small pimple after the first two uses, and three by the time I finished my sample. I think it's worth noting that this wasn't a bad breakout by any means, so it's entirely possible that someone with skin that doesn't freak out at the first sign of change may actually see good results with this cleanser.

Now, about the Cetaphil comparisons: They are similar in texture and appearance, but I think that's where the similarity ends. The (natural) fragrance comes from the rosewater, and it's *very* pretty if you love florals. After reading all the comparisons to Cetaphil, I wasn't expecting the milky jelly to feel so refreshing, or my face to feel as good as it did. My skin felt VERY clean. While there wasn't any tightness or noticeable dryness, I did feel a slight tingling sensation.

tl;dr felt awesome, smelled awesome, had no positive effect on my skin.

on 6/18/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is amazing!! I used to never wear mascara because I couldn't find anything that would remove it without burning my eyes and without having to scrub my lashes so hard they'd fall out, but this removes it with ease. I love the way it smells too - so fresh, not sweet, basically perfect for a cleanser. It's a silky and soft gel that doesn't really lather, but still makes you feel clean (I used to only feel clean if my cleanser bubbled, but this is good).

Yes, it's great at removing makeup, but it also manages to keep my breakouts at bay. I don't have terrible skin, just a couple tiny spots when my period comes around.

The only problem is that it's kind of pricey for how long it lasts (3 months, for me) but I get that's the price tag for glossier's image ;)