Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

on 12/29/2017 1:03:00 AM

Great packaging. The thing that drew me into this product the most was the smell. It smells very similar to the Fresh Soy Face cleanser. It smells faintly of roses and is aromatherapeutic for me. This doesn't foam up which is incredible for dry skin. However I would recommend this to anyone regardless of skin type because it is so gentle. Finding a gentle cleanser is so extremely important not only for people with sensitive skin. I would highly recommend this for people with acne prone skin or skin with any type of inflammation. It cleanses your skin without stripping it. I use around one pump each time in the evening as a second cleanse after an oil and half a pump in the morning.
I have tried my fair share of non -foaming cleansers and this is my favourite. This is better than the Cerave hydrating cleanser!
Feel free to use my code for 10% off:

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

1. If you're a double cleanse-r you will love this
2. PH balanced makes my skin happy
3. My husband loves this as well
4. Pump packing for the win!
5. Keeps skin feeling hydrated

on 12/22/2017 1:52:00 AM

I bought this product because of all the marketing surrounding the brand. However, upon using it I was greatly disappointed. It takes at least 3 uses to remove my (non-waterproof) mascara, and didn't seem to leave my face clean the way other less expansive cleansers do. The price is ridiculous considering it doesn't successfully remove makeup, doesn't fight aging or acne, and doesn't seem to do much for you skin at all. You're much better off purchasing a drug store cream cleanser for sensitive skin which will do a better job removing makeup and oil from your face without stripping it of moisture. This product is 100% branding and will not benefit your skin whatsoever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This didn't work for me. It didn't remove makeup very well and on me it felt a bit drying. I was left with a touch of that squeaky clean thight feeling. I have oily but very dehydrated skin.

on 12/20/2017 12:43:00 AM

I hate to admit that I like this cleanser a lot. I resisted buying it for ages, but then they did a 20% off promo during black Friday so I finally caved. I'm used to using Cetaphil, so this is a lot thicker in comparison. It spreads easily over the skin and I use it with my Foreo Luna mini - the two in conjuction work well together to clean my skin without stripping it. I use about two and a half pumps and it covers my whole face.

It's a gorgeous texture and honestly such a luxe product to use, the bottle is super chic and the pump works great and doesn't dispense too much product. The only thing I can't get over is the price, because the fact that it's $22 for 177ml and I can get a 1L bottle of Cetaphil from costco for even less is a little hard to swallow. I would buy again if there was a great deal, but for now it's going to have to be an occasional treat. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good cleanser.

on 12/12/2017 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Resisted trying this for ages, then a 20% off sale came up... and I love it. I have dry, sensitive skin and this is a super gentle, non-foaming cleanser. I like to double cleanse as I'm prone to break outs, so I remove my make up with micellar water then use the Milky Jelly cleanser, and so far my skin has stayed clear and soft and non-flaky, even in the freezing depths of winter. I've taken off a lippy for the smell, because to me it smells like wax crayons, and only very faintly of roses (due to the rosewater), but that might be because it only contains gentle ingredients, no perfumes.

on 12/5/2017 4:03:00 AM

I only write reviews on makeupalley for perfumes or colognes. Never any for skin care products or any other type of beauty product but i am going to make an exception for Milky Jelly. I have always used regular soap to wash my face until i developed eczema on my face. The skin on my face would flake off like dandruff. I would run my hand through my beatrd and it was like the snow storm of 1978.....lol. I went to a dermatologist and got some prescription cream to put on my face and it worked. Then i came across an advertisement for Milky Jelly. I excitedly ordered it and have been using it for a couple of months now. I absolutely love it!!! While it has not cured the eczema it has gotten it under control by 100% I squirt out 5 squirts of this into the palm of my hand while in the shower and slather it all over my face. It feels soooooo good. It feels like a true pampering. I actually look forward to washing my face with this stuff. It leaves my face and beard so so soft. I can use it around my eyes and it doesnt sting or anything. It really does have the consistency of jelly. It does have a kind of chemically scent to it but it is by no means offensive and it does not linger. It read some reviews that say it smells like 🌹 I dont see where they are getting that from cuz this in no way smells anything remotely like 🌹 I will always buy this product. Its nice to come across something that actually does what it says it will do. The bottle is cute too. Very minimalist.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is definitely part of my holy grail skincare routine now.
Couldn’t be more excited that Glossier is now sold in the UK!
I rarely use the same cleanser morning and night, but with this one, I’ve just had to.
I love that it’s safe to use on your eyes, this is pretty rare with other cleansers I have which I’ve always found strange if you’re going to be using it on your face.
I cant attest to how much it removes your make up, due to using it as my 2nd cleanser, but my face has never felt so soft and smooth. I was suffering from a terrible break-out before this arrived at my front door, and it’s cleared right up! It’s a dream to use with my Clinique sonic brush.
I have also never had a product that I feel really cleans out my pores until now, I’ve tried everything to no avail, but this works perfectly.
If you’re anything like me and struggling to get the clear, soft skin that you desire, this is definitely worth giving a go.
I bought mine as part of the Phase One set, which I highly recommend as the balm & primer are amazing products too!

on 11/17/2017 12:14:00 AM

I am sadly one of the few people this didn’t work for. I’m a big Into The Gloss fan, so had high hopes for the product. I was after a simple daily cleanser to add into rotation with my others.
Unfortunately it made my skin feel like it was burning, left me with little angry bumps along my jawline and bright hot red blotches on my cheeks.
I will not be using this again.

*UPDATE*
And then there’s the customer service.. I emailed Glossier to tell them of my experience with this product and couldn’t be happier with how they responded. I had heard back from them within 24 hours and their response was comprehensive, apologetic, personable and educational. The product still doesn’t work for me, but the company sure does.
Thanks Glossier

on 11/15/2017 8:03:00 PM

Smells great, doesn’t foam at all, it’s really ideal for somebody who find foam cleanser too stripping.
Texture wise, it is goopy gel like that’s sits and won’t move on your palm.
It’s a little pricey but it last very long for me so it’s worth paying that money to get it.
And like others said, it doesn’t take off makeup; that’s true. It didn’t remove my lip tint either. The formula is too gentle so you’ll probably need to double cleanse if you have to take off makeup and use this product as a 2nd step cleanser. I will repurchase if I don’t find any better products than this.