Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I got this on the recommendation of Liah Yoo (if you are interested in diving into the world of K-beauty, check her out on YouTube). I previously used Cetaphil and acne washes but they were all so drying...especially since even just water makes my skin feel tight and dry. I was very impressed by the thoughtful packaging, the minamalist design, the light, clean scent...it was very simple and elegant. It doesn’t foam and I do admit, I missed that at first but the results speak for itself. I think we’ve been programmed with commercials to imagine that scrubbing and bubbles will remove the little dirt particles and flush out pores clean (insert little side cartoon animation of water sloshing out of a pore).
I immediately noticed that my skin wasn’t parched and tight...it felt normal. I also noticed that it began to help my skin regulate its sebum production better, probably because it didn’t strip it and cause it to go into an oil-production frenzy.
I am still curious if there are other cleaners that may have other indulgent properties that this one doesn’t offer...foaming would still be fun...maybe some properties to help with fading or exfoliating...but if nothing else works, I am definitely coming back to this one.

on 9/28/2017 11:17:00 PM

I was so excited to try this cleanser! I love the Cetaphil cleanser, and even more, my beloved Cerave cleanser. I thought this was going to be very similar, since they're milky-gel-non foaming cleanser types, but I was very wrong. I have combination skin but I don't like to strip my skin of its oils, and this doesn't FEEL like its doing it, but it is. I was so confused at how dry and tight my skin felt after using this. I was honestly shocked. The packaging is minimalistic and this bottle looks super cute next to my sink, but I honestly might just dump this out and refill the bottle up with Cerave.

on 9/18/2017 4:57:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this, and I suppose I should admit by now that it's a keeper. I have occasionally been convinced to stray by the allure of this or that bell or whistle, but in the end Milky Jelly wins out. For me, it really gets the job done: cleans up after a day of makeup or a night of sweating, never breaks me out (a very common failure state for my skin) or over-dries, and as a nice bonus it doesn't trouble my eyes at all when I inevitably get some in there. I see from other reviews that this is not a universal experience, but for my skin, Milky Jelly is just as advertised--gentle, effective, pleasant, and dependable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have huge pores and very oily skin which makes it acne prone. It is like the name implies: a jelly cleanser and I absolutely love it. I could wash my face all day with this. It is so hydrating and doesn't strip my face from my natural oils. I have been using a variety of different products to control my acne but this has been steady in my routine and by being so gentle it doesn't irritate my skin by combining it with the other products. If you are using it to remove makeup, I suggest to wash around the eyes twice to remove all the mascara. I am so surprised at people complaining about the smell. It smells divine and it is very mild, not overbearing at all. The only con? I would say the price. It is $18 bucks. I feel like a face cleanser should not be higher than $14 bucks especially the market that Glossier targets.

Well, I love this. It smells so good and feels so nice that I actually look forward to washing my face. I love the smell so much, and don't find it too intense. Although I do find it reminds me exactly of a particular middle eastern dessert I once had (maybe it was syrian?), a sort of rosewater jelly pudding. So it does feel a bit like I am putting dessert on my face when I use this - but in a good way! In terms of cleansing, I don't think it has any particular magical effects, but it doesn't seem to do me any harm either. I have sensitive skin and rosacea, and it doesn't flare me up. I was using a very mild milk cleanser before switching to this. It's possible if you're used to a more heavy-duty stripping-type cleanser, this would feel too mild, but to me, it feels good. I would say my skin sometimes feels a bit tight and dry after using it in comparison to after I used the milk cleanser (weleda almond milk mild), but not in a problematic way. Overall, I really like this and it makes me happy, and I'll buy it again.

on 8/29/2017 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

this doesn't break me out or leave my skin feeling dry, which is a huge problem for me after using most cleansers. this is NOT for people who hate things with a chemical flowery scent to them, which this definitely has -- however, i personally don't mind it. the only reason it didn't get 5 lippies is the price point. $22 is a bit much.

on 8/13/2017 11:23:00 PM

Not for sensitive skin! First is the fairly strong scent of rose which is not a great idea. Even worse is the isopropyl myristate in the formulation, which is strongly comedogenic. So much for the assertion that Asian Beauty is superior. (I do wish fewer formulations had those dastardly silicone oils, Milky Jelly doesn't have them, but it's not good for me.)

on 8/6/2017 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

If i could give this a zero rating I would. What is this? a skin sensitizing night mare. Is it over priced? To get it to Canada Yessss. 35 buck to get this goop which honestly looks like spectro gel but with the most annoying, headache inducing rose scent ever.
Comfrey is not for sensitive skins and it not to be used around the eyes. This is what happens when a bunch of vanity magazine editors get crowdfunding to "create" a cleanser. I used it twice. First time, I got little red bumps...rosacea flare. Second time, my eyes puffed up because I could not get it out of my eye lashes ( i have long ones)
Its a cash-grabbing, hyped up ploy "The only cleanser you need". Well I guess my garbage can needs it more.
**UPDATE** I just want to add a little something here. The customer service at glossier is excellent. They were interested in my feedback and gave me a full refund. This cleanser has potential if they ever decide to remove the isopropyl mystirate and comfrey. It's certainly a better formula than spectro gel and yes, it does remove light makeup. I wear Kat Von D lockit concealer and also pretty heavy duty Japanese sunscreen and it removed it well. The texture is pleasant , the pH is on point and it's cleansing power is very good when used properly, the fact that glossier he is willing to except more feedback and improve the product means that this cleanser has serious potential to be the best there is out there. I really appreciate that there are no fatty alcohols, I may give it another try and update again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's a no-frills cleanser with a lovely smell. I haven't tried using it to remove makeup, but it works well as an AM cleanser. It doesn't leave the skin feeling tight and has a pretty calming effect on the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for almost 2 weeks now morning and night, and I have to say I'm in love! I've been having such a hard time finding a cleanser that won't dry me out, cause break outs, and not make my sensitive skin bright red. What I love about this is after washing my face feels so clean and soft, never tight or dry. This cleanser is perfect if you are using topical acne medications that can dry out your skin. So far no breakouts or irritation and everything makes me break out! Some people have compared this to being an overpriced version of cetaphil, but let me tell you, this is no cetaphil! The ingredients are less harmful and I don't know about you but cetaphil clogged my pores and made me breakout! This wonderful product will not do that!