Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

In an ideal world, I would be able to get away with using this every day for every wash. I LOVE this product. I love the texture, the experience of using it, and how it makes my skin feel after. On the other hand, though, my lifestyle and skincare routine is a little too heavy, so I do need a stronger cleanser than Milky Jelly to thoroughly clean my skin after a long day.

First and foremost, the texture of MJ is quite unique. It makes no suds whatsoever (fantastic if you don't like foaming products or get dry skin if you use sudsy products), but emulsifies gently in contact with water so it kind of...melts away and washes away cleanly. It doesn't strip the skin but still cleanses well. Afterwards, my skin is left feeling clean but also moisturized -- after applying lotion and moisturizer, I can get that dewy, hydrated bounce.

One thing I love about MJ is that if I splash my face with a little bit of water and then rub a pump of this on my skin, it emulsifies well but also doesn't drip around, so I can stand up straight without making a mess and really take my time to gently massage the product around and get a good cleanse going. It smells lovely, too. The rose scent is definitely noticeable, but it's a gentle rose scent -- like soft rosewater mist rather than a bombardment of essential oil or added fragrance.

I (unfortunately) can't use MJ for my nightly cleanse because I need a stronger cleanser to strip away my SPF and other daytime products. For that, I use a double cleanse. However, I love MJ as a morning cleanser. I have used it alone and it does the job sufficiently at removing the previous night's skincare and sleep grime. My favorite method, though, is the following: 1) wipe gently with a cotton square soaked in micellar water; and 2) mix a squirt of MJ with a squirt of honey for a nourishing, yet effective cleanse.

Some other housekeeping:

Packaging - It's cute in the same way that Glossier packaging is. The pump dispenses product well. I have small hands and this product fits well in my hands and is grip-friendly. They've also recently released a smaller size that's TSA-friendly, though you can always just decant into a smaller container if necessary.

Price - This product is definitely on the pricier side for cleansers, considering that you can get utilitarian staples for way cheaper and in larger sizes. If I were to use this day-and-night and in larger quantities, I would probably look into a cheaper alternative because I don't necessarily believe in spending a ton of money on cleansers. But I only use one pump of this every morning and I like the overall experience of the product, so I personally choose to keep buying it :)

Pros
- Cleans well without stripping
- No sudsing/foaming = gentle on skin
- Emulsifies well with water
- Non-dripping
- Leaves skin

Cons
- Price is on the higher end of the spectrum
- Won't do the job if you need a deep cleanse
- Has some fragrance which can irritate sensitive skin types

on 8/26/2018 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There is nothing particularly earth shattering about this cleanser. It is gentle, which I appreciate, does a decent job getting off makeup (although I do use a micellar water beforehand, so this is really making sure that every last fleck of my mascara is g o n e), and is a nice aesthetic bottle for my medicine cabinet. I think, all things considered, it is probably mostly hype, and a product of similar quality could be found at a drugstore for less. That being said, I do really like the jelly consistency, the pleasant rosy scent, and the fact that my skin never feels squeaky or stripped after I wash it. You can get away with a small pump of product, and it doesn't have an incredibly soapy lather, which I prefer. I have somewhat finicky skin, that's pretty dry and often reacts angrily to seemingly innocuous products (Cetaphil, for example, was a bad decision on my part), and this has not caused any noticeable issues. I alternate between this and other cleansers, and so my bottle has lasted for quite a while. I did indicate that I would probably purchase it again, although I hesitate to commit 100% to that. It is a nice cleanser, but a millennial gimmick, and I'm well aware that I've played right into that.

on 8/12/2018 5:59:00 AM

They don't ship to my country so I had to ask a friend in UK to buy it for me. Now I'm sorry that I put her in that position because it was not worth it. The smell is weird, kind of like the gas bathroom soap. Now, ususally I don't have acne or something like that, just some small bumps. After using this product the bumps were petty much gone, but for me they were not a big deal so it didn't really matter. I can say that this product cleans your face and that's it. And for 9$ (I got the mini one) and 60 ml I would want more, especially because it is so hard for me to get it. So if they don't ship to your country, don't be upset.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This cleans decently. Has a very unique jelly thick consistency. Feels very gentle on the face. Doesnt cause irritation. But other than that, it is nothing amazing. I would say it's a basic gentle cleanser. Packaging makes product hard to squeeze out (nozzle is too tough), and towards the end it's hard to get the rest of the product out.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not too impressed with this cleanser. I intended to use this as a more hydrating second cleanse after my cleansing oil; however it left behind a film on my skin leaving it irritated and clogged.

on 6/23/2018 12:12:00 AM

I love this cleanser. The texture is so soft and smooth, and it does a great job in removing makeup. Wish I didn’t have to order online. It is a bit pricey, but I have repurchased several times.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Excellent cleanser, it saved my sensitive skin! I have always had red blotches all over my face from irritating cleansers - it's nearly impossible to find a cleanser that won't irritate me. However, my skin has never looked better since using this. My face is not only clearer but so much softer - my dry patches are totally gone. I don't know what I'd do without this product. It's so gentle, and so soothing, especially after a hot shower (showers can often dry out my skin, this returns it back to normal).

The price is a little steep; however, I have a link for 20% off your next purchase! You're welcome :) http://bff.glossier.com/hGeV4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Deducting one lippie for price; its not crazy expensive but it's not a great value, either. Cleans very well, and leaves my skin fresh and hydrated. I notice far less congestion in my skin after using this for 6 weeks, which is about as long as a bottle lasts. Lovely scent and great texture - this is full of glycerine and you can really feel it!
I've repurchased, and will again in the future.

on 5/14/2018 9:31:00 PM

Smells great, doesn’t foam at all, it’s really ideal for somebody who find foam cleanser too stripping.
Texture wise, it is goopy gel like that’s sits and won’t move on your palm.
It’s a little pricey but it last very long for me so it’s worth paying that money to get it.
And like others said, it doesn’t take off makeup; that’s true. It didn’t remove my lip tint either. The formula is too gentle so you’ll probably need to double cleanse if you have to take off makeup and use this product as a 2nd step cleanser. I will repurchase if I don’t find any better products than this. You can use this link for 10% off http://bff.glossier.com/hEMjJ

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My review will be very similar to MisstinaaR's. It's a nice cleanser but NOT good for sensitive skin and really misleading to call it such. It has a high amount of rose water. I only use rose water on my body and not face as it always causes pimple on the face. AND, this part actually kind of made me angry, the website says "safe for the eye area" and "ophthalmologist tested." I have dry eyes and blepharitis. I'm at an eye doctor's office at least couple times every year. Not once I heard one of them say rose water was safe for the eye area. (And note, I live in a country where rose water is very popular.) I've used many different eye shampoos/cleansers for sensitive eyes, none had any rose water. You know what? Because forget 'soothing', it's rather irritating.

I'm sure some people will have no problem using this cleanser, as it's applied to all products. But I would really not recommend for those with sensitive skin and x2 insist to not use on the eye area.