Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser

Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
Milky Jelly CleanserMilky Jelly Cleanser

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Propanediol, Isohexadecane, Poloxamer 184, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Betaine, Allantoin, Glycerin, Panthenol, Symphytum Officinale Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Anhydroxylitol, Polysorbate 80, Xylitol, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Isopropyl Myristate, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide

on 7/16/2017 1:15:00 PM

I love this cleanser. It's so perfect for morning cleansing or as part of a double-cleanse. It works for makeup removal as well, even mascara. This is supremely gentle, no irritation to the skin or the eyes.

It can be applied to dry or wet skin. No foaming or lather. Just thorough, gentle cleansing that leaves my skin feeling soft and pampered.

For reference my skin is combo-oily, not sensitive.

I will definitely buy this again. Recommended!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had been dying to try out Glossier for a while, and this cleanser is a good place to start with the brand. It has a wonderful jelly consistency and is extremely gentle on the skin and eyes (the cleansing agents are the same as in contact solution!). It has a light rose scent, not too obtrusive, and it didn't break out my hypersensitive, acne-prone skin. I wouldn't use it as a makeup remover alone, but it does a good job of cleansing the skin and taking off traces of makeup leftover.
That being said, I'm not sure if I would repurchase it again because it's a bit pricey, and it left my skin feeling a little tight. Nothing some moisturizer couldn't fix, but at that price point I would prefer if it didn't leave me feeling dry. I love the look of the packaging and the fact that the dispenser clicks shut (good for travel), but I did have a lot of trouble getting product out once I got to the bottom of the bottle. Again, for the price, I'd like to be able to use every last drop.

Recommended for normal-oily-combination skin, acne prone, sensitive.
Repurchase: Maybe

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received a sample of this with my cloud paint, so this is only based off of four uses, but I wanted to chime in on the (imo unfair) comparisons to Cetaphil, and confirm that this isn't for all skin types. I used milky jelly dry to spot-remove some of my makeup, and wet while washing my entire face.

I have acne-prone, combination skin, so I had a feeling this wouldn't work out, but my curiosity got the best of me. I had one small pimple after the first two uses, and three by the time I finished my sample. I think it's worth noting that this wasn't a bad breakout by any means, so it's entirely possible that someone with skin that doesn't freak out at the first sign of change may actually see good results with this cleanser.

Now, about the Cetaphil comparisons: They are similar in texture and appearance, but I think that's where the similarity ends. The (natural) fragrance comes from the rosewater, and it's *very* pretty if you love florals. After reading all the comparisons to Cetaphil, I wasn't expecting the milky jelly to feel so refreshing, or my face to feel as good as it did. My skin felt VERY clean. While there wasn't any tightness or noticeable dryness, I did feel a slight tingling sensation.

tl;dr felt awesome, smelled awesome, had no positive effect on my skin.

on 6/18/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This product is amazing!! I used to never wear mascara because I couldn't find anything that would remove it without burning my eyes and without having to scrub my lashes so hard they'd fall out, but this removes it with ease. I love the way it smells too - so fresh, not sweet, basically perfect for a cleanser. It's a silky and soft gel that doesn't really lather, but still makes you feel clean (I used to only feel clean if my cleanser bubbled, but this is good).

Yes, it's great at removing makeup, but it also manages to keep my breakouts at bay. I don't have terrible skin, just a couple tiny spots when my period comes around.

The only problem is that it's kind of pricey for how long it lasts (3 months, for me) but I get that's the price tag for glossier's image ;)

on 6/10/2017 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Normal-dry and very sensitive skin prone to redness and rashes.

What I love: Pretty much everything about this product. It has a beautiful thick texture that feels lovely to massage into your skin - it starts out like a rich gel and turns to an oil when water is added. I generally love milk or cream cleansers and usually find any other cleanser type leaves my skin feeling tight and dry. This is perfect. It gets all of my makeup off (I sometimes follow up with a cream cleanser if I'm wearing heavy makeup) but doesn't leave my skin feeling dry nor does it leave a film - my skin just feels nice, soft and balanced. The packaging is very convenient, lightweight, easy to travel with and I like the minimalist aesthetic of the Glossier line. I also find it quite well priced for such a fabulous product - it's mid range but well worth it.

What I don't love: I hate that I need to use a mail forwarding service to get this product in Australia. It would be awesome if it was retailed here or they shipped here directly. I also don't like the subtle fragrance that this product has as I prefer fragrance free products BUT it's never irritated my skin (I believe it's from the rosewater that this product contains which is actually quite soothing) and it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes.

Highly recommend this cleanser for dry and sensitive skin types looking for an easy one step cleanser to remove moderate makeup.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love the light scent of this and how amazing it is at cleasing off makeup--I can get off foundation, mascara, eyeliner, the works with this! I will use this to remove my makeup and then sometimes I go in a second time with it, and it cleans my skin gently without drying it out. I am SUPER acne prone but this doesn't irritate or break me out at all, plus it keeps me from drying out too much. Love this stuff! The name is super cute as well! <3 Check out my FULL FACE GLOSSIER review/tutorial video here (I have SERIOUSLY flawed skin and it works for me!)

I really like this cleanser! I've been using it since the end of February and it works pretty well. It's very gentle, nourishing and it doesn't break me out. I use it as my second step on the double cleansing method, but it removes light makeup pretty well. The texture of it reminds me of Cetaphil (only a lot thicker) and also like Vaseline. The rose scent is also strong at first but you get used to it.

It's not the best cleanser I have ever tried, but also not the worst. It's a good basic facial wash. Not groundbreaking, you know what I mean? I probably would repurchase it if it wasn't pricey for a 6oz bottle.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Really good makeup remover. I love the scent. Like a clean rosewater. Super gentle. Price is OK. It's like a more natural version of the Neutrogena cleanser in the blue bottle. This takes off eye makeup really well and sometimes I use it just for that.

I really love this cleanser.

I have relatively clear, combo skin with an occasional breakout so this cleanser is perfect for me. It's non drying, smells great, and takes the makeup off left on my face my wipes couldn't get so it crosses everything off my list I want in a facial cleanser.

Some compare it to Cetaphil, but the Cetaphil cleanser has parabens (and also has alcohol and wax) and the glossier milky jelly doesn't and I prefer to use products not containing parabens and other controversial things so I use this cleanser.

If you want something that is cheaper and are comfortable using items that have parabens and other questionable ingredients then you could use Cetaphil, as it's pretty similar.

But I would still definitely recommend this cleanser. I love the moisturizer as well.

on 4/18/2017 2:41:00 PM

This is my HG face wash. It gets my makeup off and never dries out or irritates my sensitive dry skin. I even prefer this to washes that cost significantly more and I've been rebuying this for a year. For those of you who don't understand why you should by this vs less expensive Cetaphil, I'll share my personal reason. Glossier doesn't test on animals and Cetaphil does. I personally put my money where my mouth is and I'll happily pay more for something that isn't inflicting pain and suffering for no valid reason. FWIW, I actually even prefer it to Cetaphil (which I used decades ago).