Physicians Formula SuperBB InstaReady Beauty Balm BB Cream

Physicians Formula SuperBB InstaReady Beauty Balm BB Cream
SuperBB InstaReady Beauty Balm BB Cream

3.0

Ingredients: Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, VP/VA Copolymer, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Amodimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Castor Oil Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydroxylpropyl Methylcellulose, Laureth-12, Mica, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysilicone-11, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Hated this, to be perfectly honest...why i tried this I have no idea!! my bf said it made my skin look wierd and was very noticeable I was wearing it! It also made my face look cakey. Uhg! And for it being for selfies or pictures I think I avoided the camera as much as possible when I wore this! It became my makeup I only wore when I was working around the yard, but after it was gone I was so relieved!!! I had started adding extra moisturizers to this whenever I wore it as well just so it looked alittle more natural. But I do not recommend.

Just bought this at my local (Kroger owned) store and it was marked down to 7.99
from 11.00 roughly. I wanted to try the PF BB or CC creams but didnt want to shell out the full price in case I hated it. Its okay nothing transforming-- just a very light tinted ss that tones down some redness or my case pinkness on my chin and is supposed to be SPF 30. Did a side by side comparison off BB cream on one side of my face and no foundation on the other and is so subtle no one would know you are wearing it. I purchased in Light shade as I also wanted to use this under my eyes and felt the medium may be too dark. It is good for covering minor discoloration otherwise you will have to nearly use twice as much as maybe a HE BB cream. I also purchased as a cheap alternative to my usual Tarte. Its matte as far as I can tell which is good. As long as it does not break me out and lasts more than a few hours may repurchase.

1.2 oz /35ml
Light coverage, can be built up
Matte
Very subtle so much as good for a no m/u look
Non oily feel

on 11/15/2016 3:24:00 PM

Coverage is OK, but this is the first product I ever used that broke me out. I was wondering why my skin looked awful. I stopped using it for a week or so because I had some events and needed a more polished look and the tiny red bumps went away. Tried it again a few days ago and the breakouts came back.

love the sparkly tube packaging the bb cream is a bit on the thicker/moussy side but it blends well, but work in sections or work quickly. dries to a nice matte finish, if u have dry skin, you won't need powder. I love that there is spf 30 in here so on your lazy days you can just put this on and head out the door. physicians formula products are generally very good in including a good amount of spf in their products, which is a part of the reason I live the brand so much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff was awful! It broke me out. The organic stuff was a little better. but honestly it's products like this that make me never want to wear makeup again, because now i have tiny bumps all over my face from wearing this product twice~!! AWFUL

i like this bb cream alright, it gives good coverage for a bb cream, it isnt that good for dry skin as it clung to and accentuated my dry patches around the corners of my lips and nose. so it caked a bit around those places it lasted well for about 5 hours without powder (my tzone is oily) i do suggest powder to set, even though i was lazy today, today was a cloudy day so mind you it didn't melt off my face or you can pat it down with a paper towel, it might take off a amidge of coverage but if u wanna avoid the cakey look, thats one way to do it

on 3/22/2016 10:41:00 AM

If you are looking for a very, very matte BB cream, this is it. However, if you want a dewy, moisturizing BB cream, this isn't for you.

Texture: this smoothes onto skin easily, with a slightly mousse-like texture. It dries quickly.

Finish: This doesn't seem to emphasize pores. The finish is very matte, so much so that dry-skinned people probably won't like this very much. You could apply a moisturizer under it, but that sort of defeats the purpose of an all-in-one BB cream. As for me, I will be putting this away until summer. It's too dry for my skin right now (at the end of the winter) but on a hot sweaty summer day I could see this being excellent.

Colour: I bought the lightest shade ("light"), which looks fine on me but might be too dark for those with very fair/alabaster skin.

Scent: none that I could detect. Which is very good!

Package: fine, but nothing exciting. The matte black tube is boring, and the screw-off cap (as opposed to a flip-top) is annoying. Compared to other PF creams, the packaging is kind of a let-down on an aesthetic level. But functionally, it's okay.

SPF: the US version of this indicates that it's SPF30, but the Canadian version makes no mention of SPF. I'm not sure if this is a drug labelling issue or if the products are actually different, but just wanted to note it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

About me: I have an olive medium skintone, oily-combination skin, my MAC shade is NC25 right now but usually a NC30. NC35 in the summer. I don't have that many blemishes but I have some discoloration around my cheekbones (a little melasma) and foundations settling into fine lines on my forehead (I have a new one) and under my eyes is a concern. Not to mention settling into my neck!
Physicians Formula Instaready. It comes in a 1.2fl oz tube and retails around $14.95. SPF30.
Comes in 2 shades: Light and Light/Medium.
Here are its claims: "InstantPerfection: Ultra-lightweight formula glides on effortlessly, instantly smoothing & rebalancing skin with dual-sphere particles that absorb oil but not moisture for perfectly balanced skin and a smooth semi-matte finish. Complexion is instantly selfie-ready! Multi-tasking BB cream neutralizes skin tone imbalances, minimizes shine and visibly reduces pores, instantly hiding imperfections and smoothing the appearance of fine lines while protecting with SPF 30. Featuring InstaFilter Technology, a proprietary blend of mattifying and pore balancing spherical beads, color filter pigments and high-tech polymers that work together to instantly optimize light reflection, blur imperfections and visibly retexturize skin, while protecting against UVA/UVB damage with SPF 30."
My experience: This is a thicker BB cream than most I've tried. It has a thick mousse-like consistency and it dries quickly which makes blending a challenge. I've had it pill up on my cheek when it dried too fast or when it was really humid. Not the greatest to blend. I read that PF BB's in general run dark so I got the Light/Medium. (Light would be too light for me.) The tone of this BB cream is fairly neutral with the typical peachy-beige tone but what I've noticed about it is that it seems to have a slightly grey cast to it, like some Korean BB creams do. That's not good for someone with already olive skin. It is also more matte than the description implies. It's matte. It's designed for people who don't want the dewy look, which I happen to like.
What I did like about it is the SPF 30 has protected my skin in 2 weekends of being out in the sun a lot during the day with no other protection on my face. The SPF works in this. No perfume in this formula. I haven't noticed any excessive oiliness with this BB cream, so the wear time is good, more than 8 hrs.
It has good coverage for a BB cream, as it is thicker.
Pros: good coverage, high SPF, good wear time, big tube (1.2 oz)
Cons: dries too fast/can be uneven; greyish cast; very matte, expensive for a drugstore product ($15), don't care for the tacky packaging.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Eek! Orange!

I love Physician's Formula for all their slightly hokey, hypoallergenic gluten-free goodness. As a forty-something PPP with rosacea, acne and celiac, this line is the only thing I can buy from the grocery store without feeling like I'm volunteering for bad things. I love their eyeliners, Va Va Voom and Cat Eye Mascara, and CC Cream. They don't irritate my hyperallergic eyes, and they're gluten free.

I love this for the Skin Cancer Foundation sticker; I love it for being sweatproof and hypoallergenic; I even love it for the high zinc oxide content (which irritates my eyes, but might not for someone else). This is an effective full coverage physical sunscreen in foundation form.

However, unlike my current Physician's Formula HG, Organic Wear CC in Light (which actually is light), this is orange not peach, or tan. It has a good finish, and it survives sweat--but on someone who is very fair, it's not even close to a skin match, so for that, I can't recommend it.

Someday, Physician's Formula will get bold and do one lighter shade, and at least one actual dark shade. Not yet, though

Edited to add: this has a Skin Cancer Foundation Sticker on it. It's good as a sunscreen, and a few days after using it in extreme heat, it seems to smooth out skin. (My forehead lines were smoother, as if I'd treated with AHA.) If you're doing something outside where your appearance isn't that important, this is a good sunscreen and treatment.

on 3/16/2016 6:06:00 PM

im kind of weary when trying physicians formula foundations/bb creams because they are either so good or so bad. this one is really good, (their super bb white packaging is so bad).

this cream is a light-medium coverage and its texture is a bit moussey, it blends into the skin easily and right now light matches my shade. i appreciate the spf 30 in this bb cream.

i like any product that comes in either a tube or pump bottle, and you also get 1.2 ounces of product, which is a little more than the standard 1 fluid oz. im looking forward to trying the whole line of #instaready products at the same time to see how it looks