Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have tried A LOT of BB creams over the years, and there are only two that I have repurchased consistently, and this is one of them (the other being La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur).
I love Holika Holika's products and this was actually the first product I ever tried from their brand back in 2013. I've tried their Petit Jelly BB as well, but I like this one better.

As someone with acne prone combo skin with larger pores on and around my nose that are succeptable to blackheads and congestion, I appreciate products that don't cause breakouts or clog my pores such as this BB cream. I don't know if it actually "clears" my skin, but it certainly does not cause breakouts and it does do a pretty decent job at managing oil production.

When I first tried this I was concerned about the shade because it looked a little dark for my NC20 skin with neutral-yellow understones. Upon application I was surprised at how the shade seemed to just adjust to my skin tone and ended up looking perfect shade wise. I prefer to apply this BB cream with my fingers rather than a Beauty Blender or brush. A brush can make it a bit streaky and a Beauty Blender provides a rather sheer coverage. I feel it looks better and more natural applying with my fingers, and I also prefer it without silicone primers.

It's a rich, creamy consistency that initially feels thick, but it sheers out and blends beautifully.
For a BB cream, this has amazing coverage. We're talking foundation-like, higher spectrum medium coverage that covers redness, hyperpigmentation, and uneven tones. It's really incredible how much coverage this provides without looking heavy or cakey (my two arch nemeses).

It has a beautiful finish. It's not too matte and it's not too dewy. It's the perfect balance of the two.
I do have to set it with setting powder, especially in the heat and humidity, otherwise it can get a touch creasy around my eyes, forehead and nostrils after a few hours if I don't.
However, this BB cream maintains its coverage, and when set it doesn't patch, pool or separate and I never feel the need to reapply. I've worn this at times where I've been out all day from morning into the evening (I recall even wearing it during an all day trip to Disneyland...a real test if you ask me) and it never budged.

This BB cream also has 30 SPF which is awesome since I now live in TX and the sun and UV index here is monstrous. 30 SPF is pretty high for a BB or foundation which I don't mind, but I can't attest to any flashback since I'm generally not having having my picture taken in flash photography conditions. Given the amount of SPF I assume that it will have a flashback.

This BB cream also removes with ease. When I use this BB cream one makeup remover wipe removes it all unlike the 3 typically needed for my foundation.

It's generally affordable (as long as it's in stock on Amazon), easily transportable, and a tube can last me up to 9 months depending on how often I use it. It's performance for its price is incredible and imo works better than almost all of the high end brands I've tried (UD One And Done, I'm looking at you...) and has the most amazing coverage for a BB that I have ever encountered.

I'd definitely recommend it to those with sensitive skin that are prone to breakouts, clogged pores and blackheads who want great coverage without the heaviness and cakiness. I could see it working for dry skin (as long as you're exfoliated) to combo skin. Straight up oily skin might have a harder time with long time wear, but since it does pretty well at keeping oil production in check in my t-zone with setting powder it might still be workable (perhaps powdering before and after application could potentially prolong the wear. I've never tried it personally, but I just might to further prevent that creasing, now that I think of it).

All in all, I totally recommend giving it a shot and I will continue purchasing until it doesn't exist anymore.

on 5/1/2017 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I probably got one of the worst type of skin: very oily, acne prone and super sensitive skin. This will not prevent break out but if ure looking for a very good coverage non-aggravating bb cream then this is for u. I use a blender sponge and blend this all over the face and use johnson's loose powder and use my palm to spread it.I lasts for more than 8hrs for me. Goodbye to all expensive foundations and bb creams.:)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent BB/Foundation product for oilier skins at a great price point! I understand this is called "Petite BB" because the tube is not as big as some comparable products, but the coverage this provides (yes! creamy, real coverage!) makes that a non-issue, as a little goes a long way. The only real drawback I can see in this product is lack of shade range. I have light gold and neutral undertones and run abt NC20 in MAC, and the color suits me fine, but I would caution anyone much deeper in tone, as it could look pasty. I like to buff this in with a stippling brush and set lightly with powder. It lasts well on my oily skin and looks natural.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this on recommendation by another MUAer, and OMG, I think this may be the best base product I've ever used. I'm super oily, and this controls oil like nothing else I've ever tried. I do blot and use a little translucent powder mid-day, but I could probably get away without it. This keeps me matte for hours!! It's medium coverage and goes on very very easily, I buff it in with a flat top brush. It blends in beautifully and doesn't highlight any dry spots. It has a very pretty matte finish. This $7 product is better than any of my (much) more expensive foundations. I've already bought a backup! If your skin is oily, I highly recommend this.

on 11/15/2016 3:53:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago as my first Asian beauty product ever and I definitely do not regret a thing. The coverage is great and the SPF protection is a plus. My skin usually looks amazing after just one layer; I've never had the need to put on more. It's not as good when my skin gets dry during times I accidentally overcleanse and ends up looking powdery/flakey once it sets, so if your skin tends towards the dry side make sure to moisturize before using this BB cream.

It first goes on a little pale but it adjusts as it sets in. It looks matte and natural, and I've gotten multiple compliments on my complexion when no one could tell that I was wearing make up. It feels light on my face, which is great because I super don't like having my face feel heavy, or my nails, or anything. I don't even like putting on nail polish because it feels like it weighs down my fingertips.

I usually use the e.l.f. HD powder after putting it on. But in the beginning I've gone half a year without that, wearing solely only this makeup product everyday, so it's great on its own too. Also, even though it looks small, usually a tube of this lasts me AT LEAST 4 months with every day use.

My skin definitely is clearer than before, but I can't say it's because of this or because of the multiple other products I've tried over the course of time wearing this.

Overall, this is definitely a steal for being $3-$8, and I'd definitely recommend it! (As of right now, I think you can get it from Amazon for about $7 bucks and Jolse for about $6 but I'd recommend waiting for the very common 20% off sales on Jolse.)

EDIT: I saw that some reviewers didn't know the ingredients because it was all in Korean, so here is a list of the ingredients that I found on the Holika Holika Canadian website for those who hadn't seen it before.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Butyelene Glycol, Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate, Glyceryl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone, Phonoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum

on 12/28/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love it. I'm mixed race but very very pale..but without the pink undertones. This BB cream matches my skin tone extremely well and DOESNT break me out. I'm amazed. I've had multiple people in my family say I look great, even after a long day.
I can't say for certain, but I have had a decrease in the amount of acne I've had since I started using it, which I'm attributing partially to the BB cream and partially to my Benton SnailBee essence (which I also love).

The only con for me, and it's so minor I'm not going to knock off a star, is I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's not a bad scent, I'm just not a big fan of scented facial products in general.

(It does contain tea tree oil, so if you're at all sensitive to salicylic acid, it might break you out or cause further irritation.)

on 7/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

I wanted to love this SO MUCH.... but I didn't.

On the plus side, it gives good coverage (more than most BB creams), has good SPF, applies nicely and lasts for a fairly long time (although I still powder) BUT it breaks me out like nothing else.

I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or something else but I wouldn't buy it again, even though it's really good with everything else.

I really like this stuff. I am Caucasian with light-medium, combination, acne-prone skin. I don't like the look/feel of liquid foundation, so I wanted something a little lighter and more natural. I bought this in the winter and it was perfect!

By itself it is a little thick and hard to spread, but I combine it with a silicone primer before putting it on and it smoothes over my skin like a dream! Coverage is light-medium, but it builds really nicely over any imperfections. It certainly didn't clear my skin up, but I don't think it caused me to break out either. Kept me pretty matte throughout the day. BE WARNED: a little goes a LONG way! The first time I put it on I WAY over did it and looked like a freakish, pale clown.

The color is pretty light. It was okay for me in the winter, but now in June I'm finding it to be too light for my tanning skin--hence the 4 stars. It is definitely made for ladies with fair to light/medium skin, anything darker and you will look ashy. I wish it came in more color options!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB Cream is one of the worst possible for dry to very dry skin. It settles in every line you may have, even the subtle ones (Im 25 so there are not many deep lines to settle in). It feels and looks like a mask which is more than dissapointing for a BB Cream.
The texture is fine and so is the smell. I would not repurchase since it does nothing for my dry skin even though I bought the purple.

This is my first Korean BB cream and I like it, though I don't have anything else to compare it to. The first time I used it, I sprayed a little bit of my UD De-slick setting spray and then buffed out the BB cream on my face--it stayed and didn't make me oily (probably because of the setting spray), and stayed matte on my face (the Clearing version is supposed to have a matte finish). It does leave a bit of a white cast on your face but I'm sure most Korean BB creams do this for a "brightening" effect. Today, I opted out of using my setting spray because I assumed that the BB cream sort of loses its purpose if it's sitting on top of another product like the spray; it still had the matte finish for the most part of the day, but I noticed when I got home (after a 6-hour shift inside an air-conditioned building), my face has gotten a little bit oily-looking but mostly in my t-zone (where I am normally the oiliest). It also has a very pleasant, kinda "rosy" smell to it that I don't mind, I am not super sensitive to fragrances and it does go away after a while. All in all it's not a bad product and I may repurchase once I am out--I bought it on Ebay for about $10 and I've read that the "original" packaging had a little picture of a cat on it, so I don't know if it's been remade or (and I hope not) I have a fake :(