Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing

Holika Holika Petit BB Cream - Clearing
Petit BB Cream - ClearingPetit BB Cream - Clearing

4.2

Water,Cyclopentasiloxane,Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide,Methicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone,Butyelene Glycol,Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone,Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides(CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer,Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate,Glyceryl Behenate,Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate,Silica,Iron Oxides(CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone,Iron Oxides(CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone,Phonoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance,Xanthan Gum

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this on recommendation by another MUAer, and OMG, I think this may be the best base product I've ever used. I'm super oily, and this controls oil like nothing else I've ever tried. I do blot and use a little translucent powder mid-day, but I could probably get away without it. This keeps me matte for hours!! It's medium coverage and goes on very very easily, I buff it in with a flat top brush. It blends in beautifully and doesn't highlight any dry spots. It has a very pretty matte finish. This $7 product is better than any of my (much) more expensive foundations. I've already bought a backup! If your skin is oily, I highly recommend this.

on 11/15/2016 3:53:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago as my first Asian beauty product ever and I definitely do not regret a thing. The coverage is great and the SPF protection is a plus. My skin usually looks amazing after just one layer; I've never had the need to put on more. It's not as good when my skin gets dry during times I accidentally overcleanse and ends up looking powdery/flakey once it sets, so if your skin tends towards the dry side make sure to moisturize before using this BB cream.

It first goes on a little pale but it adjusts as it sets in. It looks matte and natural, and I've gotten multiple compliments on my complexion when no one could tell that I was wearing make up. It feels light on my face, which is great because I super don't like having my face feel heavy, or my nails, or anything. I don't even like putting on nail polish because it feels like it weighs down my fingertips.

I usually use the e.l.f. HD powder after putting it on. But in the beginning I've gone half a year without that, wearing solely only this makeup product everyday, so it's great on its own too. Also, even though it looks small, usually a tube of this lasts me AT LEAST 4 months with every day use.

My skin definitely is clearer than before, but I can't say it's because of this or because of the multiple other products I've tried over the course of time wearing this.

Overall, this is definitely a steal for being $3-$8, and I'd definitely recommend it! (As of right now, I think you can get it from Amazon for about $7 bucks and Jolse for about $6 but I'd recommend waiting for the very common 20% off sales on Jolse.)

EDIT: I saw that some reviewers didn't know the ingredients because it was all in Korean, so here is a list of the ingredients that I found on the Holika Holika Canadian website for those who hadn't seen it before.

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Titanium Dioxide, Methicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethicone, Butyelene Glycol, Disteardimonium hectorite, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77492) & Mica & Methicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Triethyl Citrate, Glyceryl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-6 Octastearate, Silica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491) & Mica & Methicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77499) & Mica & Methicone, Phonoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Fragrance, Xanthan Gum

on 12/28/2015 10:42:00 PM

I love it. I'm mixed race but very very pale..but without the pink undertones. This BB cream matches my skin tone extremely well and DOESNT break me out. I'm amazed. I've had multiple people in my family say I look great, even after a long day.
I can't say for certain, but I have had a decrease in the amount of acne I've had since I started using it, which I'm attributing partially to the BB cream and partially to my Benton SnailBee essence (which I also love).

The only con for me, and it's so minor I'm not going to knock off a star, is I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's not a bad scent, I'm just not a big fan of scented facial products in general.

(It does contain tea tree oil, so if you're at all sensitive to salicylic acid, it might break you out or cause further irritation.)

on 7/7/2015 1:55:00 AM

I wanted to love this SO MUCH.... but I didn't.

On the plus side, it gives good coverage (more than most BB creams), has good SPF, applies nicely and lasts for a fairly long time (although I still powder) BUT it breaks me out like nothing else.

I don't know if it's an allergic reaction or something else but I wouldn't buy it again, even though it's really good with everything else.

I really like this stuff. I am Caucasian with light-medium, combination, acne-prone skin. I don't like the look/feel of liquid foundation, so I wanted something a little lighter and more natural. I bought this in the winter and it was perfect!

By itself it is a little thick and hard to spread, but I combine it with a silicone primer before putting it on and it smoothes over my skin like a dream! Coverage is light-medium, but it builds really nicely over any imperfections. It certainly didn't clear my skin up, but I don't think it caused me to break out either. Kept me pretty matte throughout the day. BE WARNED: a little goes a LONG way! The first time I put it on I WAY over did it and looked like a freakish, pale clown.

The color is pretty light. It was okay for me in the winter, but now in June I'm finding it to be too light for my tanning skin--hence the 4 stars. It is definitely made for ladies with fair to light/medium skin, anything darker and you will look ashy. I wish it came in more color options!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB Cream is one of the worst possible for dry to very dry skin. It settles in every line you may have, even the subtle ones (Im 25 so there are not many deep lines to settle in). It feels and looks like a mask which is more than dissapointing for a BB Cream.
The texture is fine and so is the smell. I would not repurchase since it does nothing for my dry skin even though I bought the purple.

This is my first Korean BB cream and I like it, though I don't have anything else to compare it to. The first time I used it, I sprayed a little bit of my UD De-slick setting spray and then buffed out the BB cream on my face--it stayed and didn't make me oily (probably because of the setting spray), and stayed matte on my face (the Clearing version is supposed to have a matte finish). It does leave a bit of a white cast on your face but I'm sure most Korean BB creams do this for a "brightening" effect. Today, I opted out of using my setting spray because I assumed that the BB cream sort of loses its purpose if it's sitting on top of another product like the spray; it still had the matte finish for the most part of the day, but I noticed when I got home (after a 6-hour shift inside an air-conditioned building), my face has gotten a little bit oily-looking but mostly in my t-zone (where I am normally the oiliest). It also has a very pleasant, kinda "rosy" smell to it that I don't mind, I am not super sensitive to fragrances and it does go away after a while. All in all it's not a bad product and I may repurchase once I am out--I bought it on Ebay for about $10 and I've read that the "original" packaging had a little picture of a cat on it, so I don't know if it's been remade or (and I hope not) I have a fake :(

I've just started using this BB cream and I love it! So far, all the other BB creams/foundations/primers all just sink into my huge pores and I end up an oily mess... This BB cream covers beautifully! Definitely wait 10-15 minutes for it to set because it is quite pale when you first apply it. I have medium tone skin so I also set it with a foundation powder and it looks great! This also lasts all day on my oily, oily skin!! I only had to blot once! I usually blot several times a day. Like I said, I've only just started using this so I can't say whether it clears acne or at least keeps it at bay, so I'll have to update...but I love it so far! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the third BB cream I have from the Holika Holika Petit line. I also own the Essential version and the Moisture version. This is my favorite line of BB creams by far; amazing coverage and very affordable price ($6).
This Clearing BB cream has the thickest consistency compared to the other ones I own from the line. I also noticed it is also beige toned when comparing the range of colors. Essential is the palest light ivory shade, Clearing is beige (just a tad more orange than Essential) and Moisture is the darkest of them all; a medium light with very pink undertones.

Coverage of this BB cream is great; very much on par with the other ones from the line. I love good coverage on my face products and this didn't dissapoint. So far, I haven't been able to testify its ability to help with acne, because I haven't had significant breakouts lately. But it has not provoked any adverse reaction to my sensitive oily skin. It has good wear time and has a matte finish. It matches my neck the best out of the three BB's I have.

The smell of this BB cream is the same as the other ones from the line. Flowery fresh, not too strong and it dissapears when blended into the skin. The fragrance does not offend me, it is actually familiar and very pleasant for my nose.

So far, I am loving this BB cream. And the Petit line has the most solid BB creams I have ever used, so far my favorites in the entire world. I hope this helps if you're considering purchasing this product. I promise you won't be dissapointed by its performance.

PS: The Holika Holika website does not state in their product listing that this BB cream has whitening agents. However, when I removed this BB cream from my face I noticed my complexion was a lot paler than my neck. Definitely got me thinking. Could it be because of the tea tree oil?

I have oily/acne prone skin and many BB Creams are too shiny/greasy/orange by the end of the day. This product is matte on my skin, so I would NOT suggest it for someone with dry skin. I usually layer a moisturizer underneath it to keep my skin hydrated and by the end of the day my skin does feel a bit too dry, but as far as products go this has been the most successful at staying put and not breaking me out. I have started using less and less of it, even mixing it with a little bit of my moisturizer so it lasts a long time for me even though the container is pretty small. At about $8, it is cheap and it almost annoys me the amount of money I have spent on more expensive products that made me breakout or had orangey tints, etc. I've reordered it once already, which I rarely do with any products so that is a big vote of confidence from me!

(It is a little on the greyish side, but I have some redness in my skin that it helps tone down).