La Mer The Renewal Oil

La Mer The Renewal Oil

4.2

Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Dimethicone, Caprylic Triglyceride, Water, Trisiloxane, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Polydecene, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Glycerin, Algae Extract, Rapeseed Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesame Seed Powder, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Hydrolyzed Algin, Sea Salt, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, St. Pauls’ Wort Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Yeast Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Lime Peel Extract, Molasses Extract, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Acetyl Glucosamine, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alcohol Denat, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Citronellol, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (Cl 19140), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985)

on 9/30/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have never used an oil that worked as great as this one. I had purchased the La Mer moisturizer with a giftcard I had to Nordstrom and the little set came with a mini oil. The oil was such a luxury oil that it made a difference in my skin every time I used it. My skin never looked as good as when I was using this oil. It makes your skin bright and smooth and just over all gives it a nice glow. I can't justify buying any beauty product for $240 though. I will not purchase the full size because of that price which is why I only gave it 3 stars.

on 8/11/2018 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

La Mer is the only face cream I buy. The renewal oil is the perfect all purpose oil for face neck hands and hair. I bought my first bottle while on vacation when I forgot my creme and the only size available was the two ounce Crème.. the sales associate put two drops in my hand and I pat it ll over my face and and neck nd smoothed the remainder into my hands ..I bought two half ounce bottle size during the nordstom sale . I am on my month four of the original bottle I bought. I carry it in my purse along with my Chanel hand cream. I like how healing this oil is and how soft it leaves my skin. It has a slight citrus scent.

on 7/1/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used La Mer products for years, particularly the original CDLM for about 15 years and love it. I have sensitive skin that is sometimes dry, sometimes oily on my chin & nose, and is generally temperamental. I took a chance buying their new oil, and I'm so glad I did!This oil is very light and the dropper dispenses a perfect amount. I put about 5-6 drops in my palm and mix together with the soft cream before patting into my skin. HEAVENLY! The oil manages to be both light and hydrating with a lovely, subtle fragrance. My skin has been glowing and radiant! As warmer months approach I will likely mix the oil with the lotion or gel, or simply wear it by itself. While Sisley Black Rose Oil remains my HG oil because of its hydrating AND anti-aging properties, I love this oil during the day for hydration. A keeper!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I noticed there wasn't much reviews on this product when it comes to hair so here it goes: i suffer from frizzy hair like many people. I cannot ever let my hair air dry or I will look like a poodle. I've tried various "frizz control" products and none did the job. I happened to find this in my moms bathroom. Didn't know what it was but I tried it on my hair and my goodness it worked so well. It got my roots a little too oily so I recomend putting a very minimum amount there or none at all. A little goes a long way (I have lots of hair so maybe like half to a whole squirt. I just wish it wasn't so expensive! Also, i like to put my hair in braids for one day and the next day let it down. Putting this on dry hair, post-braids, makes your hair look super shiny and silky!

on 5/27/2018 1:06:00 AM

Like for all other LM I have tried, what’s the point to spend this much when you have so many other products for a fraction? Just mix any of The Ordinary organic face oils with their retinol and vit C! One spends something like 25 USD, lands on 90ml product (!!!!) and results are far more impressive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Earlier this year I came across a heavily-used bottle of La Mer's 'The Renewal Oil' perched nicely on my friends dressing table. I was intrigued...particularly as having tried a few La Mer samples in the past (some good, some not so good). Then I noticed the ingredients list which seemed somewhat similar to another product I use - Divine Herbal's 'Facial Treatment Serum'. My friend swore by La Mer (she's a LM addict!) and in particular this product. Intrigued I decided to give this a try, stopping by on the way back from hers at Sephora where I have a lovely friend who's very generous with her samples, and good job as ZERO chance of my LM-addict friend sharing her bottle with me!

The test

I used my DH serum on one side (the left) of my face and LM on the right, leaving a few mil gap buffer zone down the middle of my face so that no chance of the products crossing over. To be fair I hadn't used DH for a few months (been lazy!) so it was almost like starting anew. I was half-expecting to notice more of a difference on the right side, especially as LM''s oil has a lot more ingredients than DH (which despite being termed a 'serum' is actually more an oil and similar consistency to LM's). To my surprise though I discovered the left side looked more glowing and hydrated after 2 weeks in comparison to the right side. It wasn't a huge difference but it was noticeable.

Now being someone borderline-obsessed with 'ingredients', I had to learn more about what goes into this and the LM brand in general. This one, like their other products contains the 'miracle broth', namely: Sea kelp, calcium, magnesium, potassium, lecithin, iron, Vitamins, C, E and B12, plus oils of citrus, eucalyptus, wheat germ, alfalfa and sunflower (you can find this on the ingredients list of LM products). I don't have much to state about this combination other than Vitamin C and E are excellent antioxidants. I'm puzzled about the citrus and Eucalyptus oils are both are phototoxic and yet this is a product you are supposed to use during the day...makes me wonder what percentage of those they contain? And Vitamin C oxidizes when exposed to sunlight which is why it should never be in a transparent bottle such as this...but hey I digress.

Conclusion

There are plenty of people out there who swear by LM. Unfortunately I'm not one of them...well not yet anyway!
A 0.5 oz bottle of this product costs $130 compared to the DH serum at $33 for the same amount. I'm all for spending when it comes to good products but if I can get the same, if not better results with something that's one-quarter the price then I know what I'm choosing!

Not a bad product at all, but for that kind of price tag I expect a lot more.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 4/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm completely obsessed with this product! I've been a fan of La Mer products for years, (I'm 31) and some are better than others. I use La Prairie radiance cream for day and night, and usually prefer them to Creme de La Mer, but this oil is SPECTACULAR. It's so pricey, like all their products, but this one lasts a long time and you only need a couple drops mixed with your moisturizer. I just upped my Retin-A dosage from .05 to .1% and my skin is SO DRYYYYY. Like coming off in sheets dry! I have slathered Marula oil on for he last few weeks and it was still dry, but this oil has markedly improved my skin. I don't waste this on my hair or cuticles, although I'm sure it's fab, but I do slather it on my face and neck and it's WORTH THE COST.

I was sceptical about this and when I applied it on my hands at first it felt sublime. I asked if I could trial this at home and luckily was given a small sample. It's now my third bottle 30 ml and I absolutely love this . I would previously apply it after cleaninsing and toning but now I figure that I still cleanse and tone, apply SKII miracle essence and wait till it soaks it in. Thereafter I apply a serum " Radiant Serum" yes I know it's discontinued ( I still have a new 75 ml bottle awaiting to be utilised. After the the serum has soaked in I proceed to add 3-4 drops into my hand where I have the La Mer Gel mix it with my fingers and apply it. Omg I love the result. It boosts hydration levels and gives you a dewy look all day without that greasy shine. 100% recommended.

on 10/17/2016 10:53:00 PM

Even though I have been using La Mer products for 4 years now, I was pretty much skeptical at first when they released this product. I mean, another oil? Others have done it too. Then my friends raved about it, my la mer sa raved about it. But still there are negative reviews about this product as well. I don't want to waste US$ 280 for an okay product. Then the sa gave me a sample. She told me how this product can also be used for cuticles on your nails, your hair, your lips, and basically anywhere that needs instant and long lasting hydration. It intrigued me because a few other oil products can only be used on your face and neck.

I applied it and got hooked on. It really is amazing. It changed my skin care routine forever. The oil itself is easy to be absorbed and gives instant and long last hydration. I live in a tropical country where I need to stay indoor with AC on. And being inside a room with ac blasting sometimes really dry up my skin. I put 2 drops into the dry area and within hour I can see how my skin is still hydrated. It is not greasy at all. I brought this product when I did my pedicure and asked the lady to massage this oil into my cuticles as she finished up doing my nails. I notice how the oil prevented my cuticles from drying up. I tried it on my hair as well. I have a natural wavy hair which sometimes I find it difficult to manage without looking like someone running from zombies. So almost everyday I apply a wax into my hair to make it manageable. But the problem is I have a sensitive scalp. Sometimes the wax will drop into my scalp and the wax can dry up my hair. Now I apply 2 drops into the hair prior to applying the wax and overtime it prevents my hair from drying up. I have yet to apply it on my lips as I still not entertained by the idea of applying oil into my lips.

But what truly changed my skin care routine is how I notice this oil helps my skin to be more hydrated. I add 2 drops into my gel de la mer at night, and over time I can see how my skin is plumped up, more hydrated and looking radiant whenever I woke up. Now I am on my first full size bottle. It truly is a life changing product. Highly recommend this