3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

9 months ago

caused lots of breakage, knots, and actually hurt when I finally pried it out of my hair. Throwing these things in the trash.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

I have thick hair and plenty of it, so I usually have it pulled away from my face especially when I'm working or in the long summer months. This is by far the best thing to hold all my hair in place without causing any damage whatsoever. I use it on wet hair (just washed) and on dry hair too. In fact when it's not around my ponytail it's around my writs in case I need to get my hair off my face. I'll never be without an Invisibobble.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

2 years ago

EDIT: after a while these stretch out and won’t go back to shape even with hot water, so just get the cheap versions. don’t waste your money on these

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I was skeptical but these really do work. I have a lot, A LOT of hair. It’s also long, thick, and very wavy. I don’t often wear my hair in a ponytail because the weight of my hair gives me headaches but I do put it up to wash my face, etc. and the invisibobble is easy to use, doesn’t leave kinks in my hair, and doesn’t get tangled as long as I remove it slowly otherwise it will inevitably get caught in the waves. This is one time where I’d say it’s important to buy the real thing and not a knock off dupe because those will coil up in my hair and never come out unless I cut them free. They are good but not a must have for me.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I really like Invisibobble hair ties - they don't pull my hair out, don't break it as easily as other types of hair ties, withstand water (which I really like, as I often use them right out of the shower) and look decent (unlike scrunchies i.e., IMO). The colored ones are more sturdy than the clear ones though, in that they keep their shape better and are slightly stiffer. I've still not had a single one of these break though (used them for 3+ years now), but I have repurchased several times because they get lost equally easily as other hair ties :P

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

from

2 years ago

i LOVE these little gems. I pretty much only wear them around them the house and when I'm going to sleep because they don't pull my hair and give me a headache, and they don't mess up/kink my hair style if i have previously straightened it. Because of these, I can honestly keep a hairstyle looking good for almost a week and not have to re-do anything in the morning. such a great investment because they are a little steep for a "ponytail" holder.

About reviewer (85 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I don’t know how people couldn’t love these. I definitely recommend buying the brand name rather than all the knock offs. They’re so perfect. I bought them for 14$ at my hairdressers, completely worth it for how much i’ve used them. Had them for over a year pretty much use them every single day and i’ve never had a problem with them getting stretched out or broken, they always return to form once they settle.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

I love these little dodads! I have been using these and another brand for years. I used to suffer from migraines, not as much so since I got my deviated septum repaired, and these little gems are wonderful to use when suffering from headaches. When my migraines hit, it is all I can do to keep anything in my stomach so keeping my hair out of the way is a necessity. These allow for a pony tail or messy bun with no pull to the scalp. Great when I am suffering from tension headaches too. My hair is fine, but dense, so I have to twist these about 3x to get a firm hold on a pony tail and 2x on a top knot or messy bun. Since I twist them tight, they do crease my hair just a little but since it is layered it also adds curl, so win/win! They do stretch out, since I abuse them pretty badly, but I just plop a cup in my Keirig and don't add coffee, and throw them in the cup of hot water and they shrink right back to their original size. I read where one reviewer hits them with hot air from her dryer, will have to try that and see how it works. Before the Invisibobble brand came out, I was using a couple of other brands that made the same thing but bigger and heavier. There was a brand I was getting at Target that would come in a 3-pack for $5, I liked those pretty well but they are no longer available. I will say don't ever use the fabric coated ones from any of the accessory stores like Charming Charlie's, those catch on your hair and knot up so badly they need to be cut in order to undo them, and they pull badly at my hair.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I was watching a youtube video (Karima Mckimmie), N/A, where she shared what's in her purse and out popped an invisibobble. She said it helped with her chronic headaches. I picked up some immediately after I heard that, as I have chronic headaches and the occasional migraine. I also constantly wear my hair up and in a ponytail most often. These definitely have helped a bit with the part of my headaches caused by tension on my hair and scalp. Also don't leave an indent and if they stretch out I just turn my hair dryer on them and they pop back to shape. Don't buy a knock off though, I did in some more fun colors and they are not nearly as good quality or effective.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I bought my first invisibobble pack in January as an impulse purchase at the hairdressers and the only one I haven't yet lost is still going strong nearly 10 months later! I have long, thick hair and have always struggled to find hair ties that keep my hair in place. These are perfect for the job, and I've definitely noticed a major difference between this brand and other knockoffs. While the knockoffs are cheaper, they also do a sub-par job in comparison. Do your hair a favour and buy some, you won't regret it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair