3.7

on 11/30/2017 11:05:00 AM

i LOVE these little gems. I pretty much only wear them around them the house and when I'm going to sleep because they don't pull my hair and give me a headache, and they don't mess up/kink my hair style if i have previously straightened it.

Because of these, I can honestly keep a hairstyle looking good for almost a week and not have to re-do anything in the morning. such a great investment because they are a little steep for a "ponytail" holder.

on 11/30/2017 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I don’t know how people couldn’t love these. I definitely recommend buying the brand name rather than all the knock offs. They’re so perfect. I bought them for 14$ at my hairdressers, completely worth it for how much i’ve used them. Had them for over a year pretty much use them every single day and i’ve never had a problem with them getting stretched out or broken, they always return to form once they settle.

on 11/26/2017 4:19:00 PM

I love these little dodads! I have been using these and another brand for years. I used to suffer from migraines, not as much so since I got my deviated septum repaired, and these little gems are wonderful to use when suffering from headaches. When my migraines hit, it is all I can do to keep anything in my stomach so keeping my hair out of the way is a necessity. These allow for a pony tail or messy bun with no pull to the scalp. Great when I am suffering from tension headaches too.

My hair is fine, but dense, so I have to twist these about 3x to get a firm hold on a pony tail and 2x on a top knot or messy bun. Since I twist them tight, they do crease my hair just a little but since it is layered it also adds curl, so win/win!

They do stretch out, since I abuse them pretty badly, but I just plop a cup in my Keirig and don't add coffee, and throw them in the cup of hot water and they shrink right back to their original size. I read where one reviewer hits them with hot air from her dryer, will have to try that and see how it works.

Before the Invisibobble brand came out, I was using a couple of other brands that made the same thing but bigger and heavier. There was a brand I was getting at Target that would come in a 3-pack for $5, I liked those pretty well but they are no longer available. I will say don't ever use the fabric coated ones from any of the accessory stores like Charming Charlie's, those catch on your hair and knot up so badly they need to be cut in order to undo them, and they pull badly at my hair.

on 11/24/2017 11:50:00 PM

I was watching a youtube video (Karima Mckimmie), N/A, where she shared what's in her purse and out popped an invisibobble. She said it helped with her chronic headaches. I picked up some immediately after I heard that, as I have chronic headaches and the occasional migraine. I also constantly wear my hair up and in a ponytail most often. These definitely have helped a bit with the part of my headaches caused by tension on my hair and scalp. Also don't leave an indent and if they stretch out I just turn my hair dryer on them and they pop back to shape. Don't buy a knock off though, I did in some more fun colors and they are not nearly as good quality or effective.

I bought my first invisibobble pack in January as an impulse purchase at the hairdressers and the only one I haven't yet lost is still going strong nearly 10 months later! I have long, thick hair and have always struggled to find hair ties that keep my hair in place. These are perfect for the job, and I've definitely noticed a major difference between this brand and other knockoffs. While the knockoffs are cheaper, they also do a sub-par job in comparison. Do your hair a favour and buy some, you won't regret it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My findings: These do NOT slide out of my hair as expected; these seem to stay put very nicely, which I appreciate, as many hair ties and hair products want to slip/slide out of my hair (my hair is smooth and quite silky). However.....I find that this bugger wants to tangle my hair easily and crazily. (My hair texture is fine, but I have a lot of it. Not thick hair, but I have a good amount of hair/not thin. Per strand is fine, though. And I have a few professional foil highlights on the top of my head.) So, I think the hair texture likely factors in. My hair length is just a little bit past my shoulders.

So while I do think they are not as stressful while in the hair as some other hair ties, I do think certain hair textures might find these create a tangled mess when removing or putting in. So.....I guess these are a pass for me. Now, someone with different hair texture might not have their hair want to tangle with these, but that has been my experience. Not a terrible product, just not for all hair textures...imho.

I have not had these long enough that these stretch out and I need to let these sit in some hot water to 'spring them back', but..I am wondering if these were to stretch out, if possibly these would not tangle my hair..?

In short, I like some aspects of these, but I just find that these want to tangle my hair too easily. So, I am kind of on the fence with these. They are okay, I do not dislike these, but not sure I would repurchase.

on 3/15/2017 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Thus far I'm loving these telephone cord lookin' hair ties. I think people need to sample different brands before coming to a verdict because I do notice a difference in quality. My favorite actually comes from the Dollar Tree.

I have very long, thick hair. It's also bleached to hell and back. So despite using olaplex and keeping it in relatively very healthy condition, I still try to baby it. These ties seem to cause less (if any) breakage vs hair clips. I think that may be due to the weight being distributed through out the loops. When I put my hair up now it doesn't feel as heavy, so there's less pressure on the strands surrounding the tie.

If they stretch out try to bunch it up and "force" it back into shape. I was able to do that with a couple. If that doesn't work, move onto a different brand. I feel like having to try more than one is sort of ridiculous so I can see why some are giving these poor ratings. But the hunt has been worth it to me.

on 1/24/2017 12:53:00 PM

These Invisibobble things are expensive but they're not very well-made. I bought a little box of three and I used the first one for a few weeks. Then I moved on to the second one and it SNAPPED the 2nd or 3rd time I used it. I don't know if they have quality-control issues or what. But for how much these things cost, that's just unacceptable.

I can say that they do the job though. They'll stretch out over time, but they hold my hair up as well as traditional hair elastics do. And they don't leave a dent in my hair! I like that, I think it's great. But I'm going to stick with old-fashioned hair elastics from now on. They're cheaper and they don't break on you.

Won't buy this again.

on 11/25/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me, these are just another internet inspired fad which will eventually be phased out in favour of something else (most likely the 'old fashioned' hair elastics and/or scrunchies of my '90s era youth). Do they work? To a point. Are they practical? Only as much as any other hair tie/elastic is. Are they worth the money? In my opinion, no.

Yes, they're designed to cause less damage and stress to the hair, but this is completely negated if you're having to re-tie your hair every other hour. Which has definitely been the case for me.

I don't have particularly thick hair - I would say it's of medium density - but with a regular hair elastic, I can tie my hair up in the morning and that's pretty much it. I may have to re-tie it later in the day, but we're talking 5-6 hours later. No so with the Invisibobble.

I'm not joking when I say I pretty much had to re-tie my hair every other hour when I used one of these. It never felt like it was holding my hair in place very well and any kind of activity - be it walking, swimming, climbing the stairs, light housework - left it barely able to cope. You're reasonably okay if you're sitting still and not doing much, but any kind of movement has this thing very swiftly trying to make an escape.

The other downside is just how quickly these get stretched out of shape, to the point where they're pretty much unusable. I've seen a trick online where people have put their stretched out ones in hot water to 'shrink' them back into shape, but why would I bother with the hassle of doing this when I can just as easily reach for a hair elastic that keeps it's shape and elasticity and does the job it was designed to do?!

I'm glad I tried them, if only to see what all the hype is about, but as far as me and my hair are concerned, we'll be going back to the traditional hair elastics. They may (allegedly) cause more damage to my hair in the long-run but at least I can move about, safe in the knowledge that my hair will stay in place.

I have really thick hair, yes, it's trace less after long wear but it doesn't hold up my ponytail as I want it to. It gets so loose and it really does stretch out after use. I wouldn't repurchase. 10 bucks for 3 hair ties? Lol

Popular Hair Styling Tools