Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron
image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.6

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I got mine at Nordstrom Rack ($24) and it is AMAZING. In fact, I decided to return the $60 Babyliss curling wand I had previously purchased because this Conair one is so much better. It heats up super fast and stays really hot, although it does have different temperature settings. The glove is kind of useless to me, I find that it just gets in the way. This curling wand is great for the price, it's definitely a high quality tool.

on 2/17/2016 12:22:00 PM

Holy grail hair curler. This tool is amazing, I've had so many problems in finding the right curling wand but this is it! What I love the most about it is that the curls last for days.. After 4 days my hair is still wavy. I love the way it leaves my hair and believe me or not it hasn't damaged it! This is around 30 $ I believe, I got mine long time ago so I don't remember. But i think the quality of this tool is very great and it's a good bargain..

To Read all 137 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My stick straight hair can't hold a curl, it'll go back to its natural straightness after a couple hours of curling with most wands. I usually aim for waves/soft curls, and I picked it up after I had a lob haircut. Initially this gives me tight ringlets on the second heat setting, a look I wasn't going for. But these curls did last two days on my hair (including showering with my hair up) getting more relaxed as time went on. It kinda got frizzy but I combat that with a little styling creme or hair oil on the ends. I found that curling my hair the night before, I would wake up with those relaxed curls, perfect for rushed mornings. The one downfall of this wand, is how easy it is to accidentally hit the off button while curling. It is not a huge issue since the wand heats up super quickly, but still, between not burning yourself, getting the curl right, the last thing I need is to know that come away with an uncurled strand. I didn't purchase this (perks of living with two sisters) but I'm sure this wand was from the drugstore and wasn't more than 40$ CAD.

How I curl: section off from ear to ear, clip up top layer. Start with bottom section, take 1-1.5 in sections, alternating direction of curls, twisting the hair before coming into contact with the wand, leaving out the ends. Hold for 10-15 secs. Twisting the hair creates a less perfect wave.I always make sure that the front pieces would curl away from the face. Repeat on whole head. Once the curls cooled, run hands through to break them up. I find that since these curls hold so well, I don't need hair spray but I like a small bit of hair oil in the ends.

on 2/12/2015 10:28:00 AM

This review is for the classic one, the .5-1inch barrel with the red handle. Just got this from my local target for $25, and it is SO worth it. I have very fine hair which just hits my shoulders, and I haven't curled my hair in years as the one I had was a crappy conair one from 7 or so years ago, and it has a clamp. Didn't work at ALL and I always had trouble trying to curl my left side... Anyways, this curling wand is magic, works SO well and is so easy to use!! I can curl all my hair in 10 minutes or so, which is a miracle. Don't spend anymore than you need to, other brands are overpriced and do the same thing!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm guessing it looks different on everyone. I bought this due to the reviews on MUA but it did not work for me. It has made my hair look straight and fried towards the ends. My hair looked dry and incomplete, maybe because I have long hair? And it's a slippery barrel to get a good grip or something? But then again, my whole hair piece would cover the entire barrel so I do not know the exact cause for that. It just didn't work well for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to try a curling wand and I think I picked a good one! Heats up fast, inexpensive, and the curls last all day long. My only real issue is that sometimes the curls get frizzy after awhile, while that normally isn't a big problem for me... It takes me about 15-20 minutes to curl my long hair since it curls the hair super quickly! It does seem to bunch up at the end a lot, so my curls end up being little tight ringlets that gradually loosen up. It's hard to get the very ends curly like the rest of the hair but I'll normally go back and recurl some tough ends. I don't use the glove that came with it, but I love that there's no clamp! Not really a tool to make loose beach waves, but I've used it for piano recitals and to get professional photographs done. I like how I don't have to use as much hairspray with this, since normally I want the curls to loosen more.

on 8/4/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Cosmetology student here, and I must say this product is definitely worth it! I use it on myself and clients daily.

PROS
- Affordable
- Heats up fast
- 5 adjustable temperatures
- Since it's a Tourmaline wand, it leaves your hair silky and smoother than before you used it

CONS
- The glove it comes with doesn't really stay on, but after the 2nd or 3rd time using the wand you won't even need it

TIPS
- Always always always use a heat protectant! Your curls will last longer and you'll minimize heat damage to your hair.
- Use a spritz of lightweight/brushable hairspray after you've finished with the wand. Your hair will look fab for hours and not be crunchy/hard to that touch.
- Allow curls to cool! Once you release your hair from the wand, hold it in your palm for a few seconds and let it cool off. This technique will also result in longer lasting curls.
- Don't mess with your curls! This is a mistake I see all too often. Running your fingers through your curls should wait until they have completely cooled.

If you're looking for big beachy waves then this is NOT the correct wand size for you! Since this wand is cone shaped you can create tons of different styled curls. The width of sections and where you place them on the curler will result in a variation of curl sizes. I love this wand so much and recommend it to all of my clients and classmates! :D

on 5/28/2014 9:17:00 PM

This curling wand is pretty teeny tiny. Skinny and on the short side. I have a long bob and I felt this was still too small on my hair. No idea how long haired people are using this. I tried it on someone else and it just made them look like a mermaid!! Don't know that this would give you the most natural "beachy" type of curl unless you alternated section thickness and direction of curl. It also made my hair feel really dry. Didn't care for it too much.

on 3/31/2014 3:23:00 AM

My old curling irons suck compared to this! I have thick black asian hair, and this is my HG. The pros are that it heats up suuuper fast, unlike my old one. The heat settings are great for different hair types and different kinds of curls, the hottest one makes my hair really curly like a Lolita doll? but i usually use the second to highest setting and it makes them look like wavy/curly like what most people wear to prom and stuff. This curls your hair instantly! I hold it for 3-5 seconds, and its perfect. Andd it's affordable, i got it for 40 dollars here in Canada, so price may vary. I heard it lasts all day long and it does make my hair shiny and healthy looking. Now cons, when I'm curling my hair i tend to miss the bottom or the very top so i have to recurl that part, so the i feel like it's the wand's shape fault, also i feel like i'm gonna turn it off because my hands are placed where the buttons are. And that's about it! Definetly reccomend it.

on 3/29/2014 5:29:00 PM

Nice product to use for prom or graduation! I got so many reviews on the curls I made with it! I definitely would recommend you guys buying this :)

Popular Hair Styling Tools