Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was lucky to find this for $42 at Kohl's (which was mostly paid for with Kohl's cash ^^). I have tried other curling tools before. In my childhood I tried different old-school metal ones and what not, and the conclusion was: my hair does what it wants - which is being straight, after 6 h. While at university, I first discovered ceramic ionic curling wands, which finally gave me the opportunity to have curls for 2-3 days. However, I burnt my hands, my face, my neck and my scalp several times. Not very often, but enough to be quite annoyed every time I knew I would need to curl my hair. Also, while 1/2 inch curling wands worked well for curling my hair, the curls were too tight. I tried a 1 1/2 inch wand, and it was difficult to wind my (waist long) hair around and get good, loose curls.

I have waist-long hair, medum corseness, medium thickness, straight, in good condition (due to good conditioners: It's a 10 mask and leave-in, and Humectress from Nexxus)

When I saw this at Kohls, I remembered that one of my flatmates at uni had one like this, and really enjoyed it. She had used it both on herself, who has shoulder-length hair, and on her friend, who has butt-long hair - it worked for both! I was never very impressed with the look and feel of the infinity pro - it's a little heavy, it feels kinda cheap and rattles... however, it performs very well :) What I'm majorly happy about is... I haven't burned myself with this yet (it's not impossible, but way more difficult than a "naked" iron).

The iron is generally quite easy to use, but you have to do it correctly. First off: there is only ONE side that is OK to turn towards the head. At first, I got a little annoyed by that as it was easy to do one side of the head, but not the other, but I figured it out eventually. The "crab claw" of the wand makes it easier to curl your hair yourself - I just put the strand in there and guide the claw along it, to my scalp, so I can achieve curls along the whole length of my hair.

Second thing is: your hair MUST be well brushed. If there are rogue hairs that are tangled or stick out in some way, they might tangle inside the curler. I have never had issues getting the hairs out again, but still: it's not pleasant, might rip out a couple of hairs and give you a weird initial curl... or rather "chewed up mess" (can be re-curled fine). So, I usually hold onto the strand og hair I feed into the curler, so that it will be wound up nicely. It's not strictly necessary, but it helps my curling process.

Don't feed too much hair into the curler, as it is likely to jam that way, but as said: it will definitely let you know. The smaller the sections you use are, the tighter the curl will be. Also: the more perpendicular the curler is to the strand of hair, the tighter the curl; if you hold the iron slightly sideways, the curl will be looser.

It is possible to burn yourself on this if you rest it on your scalp for several seconds (after feeling it's hot), or if you clamp your finger inside it, but generally, this is a much safer option than regular curling wands. The curls you get look nice - the same as with a wand. The ceramic ionic plating makes this have the least amount of damage to the hair and good curl longevity. Generally, I'm very happy about this purchase! :)

The only thing I can see as a con with this is that there are some people with curly or wavy hair that too like to curl their hair (to a different pattern), and I might not recommend this to them, as such hair is more likely to get stuck in the curler.

I have naturally thick straight hair. I rarely ever curl my hair because it always just falls to a very loose wave within a couple hours unless I use a lot of product to the point where my hair feels nasty and it just isn't worth the hassle to have curly hair. I've had this gadget sitting around for a few years and decided to pull it out and try it again.
Wow.
It takes about 15-20mins to curl my whole head and my hair stays looking amazing until I wash it. I've used it on high for both 8 and 12 seconds. Both gave me the same curl result. I would like to get loose waves so next time I will try the lower heat setting.
You must follow the directions, otherwise you could rip your hair out or just have no idea of how to use this tool. The timer settings are very helpful, it allows each curl to come out looking more or less the same. Bc my hair is on the thicker side, I have to use smaller gatherings of hair, about half an inch per section.
I've never had to deal with my hair getting trapped or damaged, as the distinctive beeping sound let's me know that my hair has been released because it isn't winding up smoothly. I've had random hairs be pulled out while my hair is being fed into the chamber but not a whole lot or enough for the tool to release my hair.
I would highly recommend this to someone with hard to curl hair.
I don't find it too bulky or heavy. It's worth the price.
Curl secret also comes with a little cleaning tool. I definitely recommend cleaning it every so often so the chamber doesn't get dirty and affect performance.

It was worth every cent! I of course would have preferred to spend less on it and have seen it for less than what I paid so I gave it a 3 out of 5 on price. The only reason I have this an overall 4 and not a 5 is because you must know what you are doing! You must not have tangles or use a lot of hair in it. I have gotten my hair caught more than once and not understood why with as little hair as I have used and having it completely tangle free! Today I got it caught and it wouldn't come out! I almost started to freak out thinking I was going to lose a huge chunk of hair due to burning. I instantly turned it off and was able to yank my hair out of it but not without using a good amount of hair from my scalp. Other than that I love the curls and how easy it is to curl my hair!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This has changed my life. I have hair that's an inch past my shoulders. Natural hair- not color or permed, and it's always been hard to curl. With this tool I can curl my hair and style to a beach wave in less than 30 minutes. It holds all day after a light setting spray. The key is finding the right setting for your hair type and doing small sections. In the year that I've used it, I've only gotten my hair tangled in it once. The tool unwound itself instantly to let my hair out without damage. Yup, it was a little scary, but the tool rescued me. The other tip for success is using perfectly clean hair that's just washed and fully dry. I used to resort to pony tails and buns between washes, but I even use the curler to refresh the ends of dirty hair. Um, I know this contradicts the clean hair rule but we all know about those dirty hair mornings. Just use the tool on the ends of your hair and fluff. You're ready to go. Remember that if you already have lots of product in your hair, you don't need to use more. Wet your fingers, shake off the water, and finger style. This tool means that now I can have styled hair every day.

I love this product! Using it CORRECTLY, results in fabulous hair! My curls were smooth and so beautiful! I use highest heat setting and longest curl time . Tips: brush out every section! Use 1/2 inch sections Instead of 1.I didn't even need hairspray. Also individual results are based on hair type so If you have hair that is naturally wavy or will hold a curl this curling iron will work with you.

I loved the idea of this but overall, I'm not thrilled with it. Heavy and clunky to hold and use. As far as the results, ymmv, took a few tries to get pretty curls.

Make sure your hair is clean and proper ally brushed, don't put too much hair into the chamber or you will be paying for it in hair loss!

I found spritzing each section lightly after it came out of the chamber, helped set it.

I wish I had paid more and gotten the real deal instead of pro curl secret.

Overall, it's ok but I'm sure there's better out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm reviewing the Babyliss Curl Secret. From what I heard, it's the same company, same product's name, same packaging, different brands.

I had already give up on doing curls on my hair. I simply cannot work with flat irons and wands to curl my hair. I find it time consuming, hard to do, boring and the curls don't look very good. Maybe it's my technique, but I'm too lazy to try to work it out.

Anyway, I saw this product and immediately wanted to try it. And it met my expectations, because it does exactly what is shown on the commercial. I just have to put my hair on it, and it does all the work for you. It's really amazing, the results are always perfect, with no effort, and the curls last for days.

My hair is on the normal side (not thin, not thick) and I usually use the low temperature, and the results really last!

The downside to it, and the reason I gave it 4 stars and I wouldn't buy again, it's because it doesn't allow to choose the direction of the curl, it's automatic (it alternates between right and left). There are a few tricks that you can do to choose the direction, but it takes a little practice and it can be time consuming. It also restricts the styles you can achieve.

Because I wanted a more versatile tool, I switched to the Rowenta So Curls, but had to returned it. Because it doesn't open and close for you to put your hair, you have to be much more careful, and my hair got stuck numerous times. I decided to go for the pro version (Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl / Miracurl), It's much more expensive (around 170 euros), but it will last years, and it seems to be the only one that meet my expectations, so I think it's worth the investment.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This curler is not meant for fine hair. I received it as a gift, and on the day I got it I tried it out. I was able to curl my whole head of long, baby-fine mostly straight hair. Unfortunately, the curls weren't all that nice, and the machine seemed to do more twisting than curling most of the time. They also didn't last very long and this machine did not save me any time, actually taking longer than if I were to use my curling wand. The second time I tried to use it, it ate my hair. It pulled a piece all the way in, kept turning and then stopped and wouldn't let go. I had to unplug it and yell for my husband to come help me. Even with his help it took a few minutes to get my hair out of it. I was sure I was going to lose a large chunk of hair... now it's just frazzled but luckily not burned right off. I will be returning this machine and sticking with my curling wand!

Long story short: if you have long, very fine hair like I do, I would avoid this thing like the plague!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this product! It's the lazy girl way to curl hair lolů I have fine, straight hair (but a lot of it) so it's usually a pain in the butt to curl my hair & it takes foreverů not with this! I sectioned my hair and did a few pieces in the front and it was done within 10 minutes. I don't have to worry as much about burning myself, either. Takes some getting used to, but overall great product!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to use this amazing product. I'm so pleased with the results of my hair. It took me roughly 15 minutes to curl my thick head of hair, usually it takes me an hour! At first, my hair got tangled in it and let me tell you I was freaking out (I was using it incorrectly)!! Now I can finally curl my hair for school in no time! I definitely recommend this product to anyone and everyone!

Popular Hair Styling Tools