3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

My findings: These do NOT slide out of my hair as expected; these seem to stay put very nicely, which I appreciate, as many hair ties and hair products want to slip/slide out of my hair (my hair is smooth and quite silky). However.....I find that this bugger wants to tangle my hair easily and crazily. (My hair texture is fine, but I have a lot of it. Not thick hair, but I have a good amount of hair/not thin. Per strand is fine, though. And I have a few professional foil highlights on the top of my head.) So, I think the hair texture likely factors in. My hair length is just a little bit past my shoulders. So while I do think they are not as stressful while in the hair as some other hair ties, I do think certain hair textures might find these create a tangled mess when removing or putting in. So.....I guess these are a pass for me. Now, someone with different hair texture might not have their hair want to tangle with these, but that has been my experience. Not a terrible product, just not for all hair textures...imho. I have not had these long enough that these stretch out and I need to let these sit in some hot water to 'spring them back', but..I am wondering if these were to stretch out, if possibly these would not tangle my hair..? In short, I like some aspects of these, but I just find that these want to tangle my hair too easily. So, I am kind of on the fence with these. They are okay, I do not dislike these, but not sure I would repurchase.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

3 years ago

Thus far I'm loving these telephone cord lookin' hair ties. I think people need to sample different brands before coming to a verdict because I do notice a difference in quality. My favorite actually comes from the Dollar Tree. I have very long, thick hair. It's also bleached to hell and back. So despite using olaplex and keeping it in relatively very healthy condition, I still try to baby it. These ties seem to cause less (if any) breakage vs hair clips. I think that may be due to the weight being distributed through out the loops. When I put my hair up now it doesn't feel as heavy, so there's less pressure on the strands surrounding the tie. If they stretch out try to bunch it up and "force" it back into shape. I was able to do that with a couple. If that doesn't work, move onto a different brand. I feel like having to try more than one is sort of ridiculous so I can see why some are giving these poor ratings. But the hunt has been worth it to me.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

For me, these are just another internet inspired fad which will eventually be phased out in favour of something else (most likely the 'old fashioned' hair elastics and/or scrunchies of my '90s era youth). Do they work? To a point. Are they practical? Only as much as any other hair tie/elastic is. Are they worth the money? In my opinion, no. Yes, they're designed to cause less damage and stress to the hair, but this is completely negated if you're having to re-tie your hair every other hour. Which has definitely been the case for me. I don't have particularly thick hair - I would say it's of medium density - but with a regular hair elastic, I can tie my hair up in the morning and that's pretty much it. I may have to re-tie it later in the day, but we're talking 5-6 hours later. No so with the Invisibobble. I'm not joking when I say I pretty much had to re-tie my hair every other hour when I used one of these. It never felt like it was holding my hair in place very well and any kind of activity - be it walking, swimming, climbing the stairs, light housework - left it barely able to cope. You're reasonably okay if you're sitting still and not doing much, but any kind of movement has this thing very swiftly trying to make an escape. The other downside is just how quickly these get stretched out of shape, to the point where they're pretty much unusable. I've seen a trick online where people have put their stretched out ones in hot water to 'shrink' them back into shape, but why would I bother with the hassle of doing this when I can just as easily reach for a hair elastic that keeps it's shape and elasticity and does the job it was designed to do?! I'm glad I tried them, if only to see what all the hype is about, but as far as me and my hair are concerned, we'll be going back to the traditional hair elastics. They may (allegedly) cause more damage to my hair in the long-run but at least I can move about, safe in the knowledge that my hair will stay in place.

About reviewer (652 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

3 years ago

I have really thick hair, yes, it's trace less after long wear but it doesn't hold up my ponytail as I want it to. It gets so loose and it really does stretch out after use. I wouldn't repurchase. 10 bucks for 3 hair ties? Lol

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

I got a bunch of these RIS from Germany off brand (& invisibobbles are made in Germany! Hmmmm...). The strong hold ones are deffo better. I feel like my pony on my hair thin hair is secure & ive not got much hair. I would actually feel OK using these in sports if I played them. I got Strong-Clear which the strong hold 1s are a buck $1 more than the regular 1s which are $9 vs. $8 for 3 hair binders. I'm taking very great care not to lose them. Which I lose hair ties/clips a lot even lost a Ficcare clip dunno how I was able to manage that!! You can always hit them with a hairdryer if they over stretch or very hot water. Who knew all this time I had been rocking euro chic hair! I have a short pony & honestly it looks kinda cute. I will deffo have to get the black strong hold 1s & try a pack of the reg 1s. YEPPA GONNA REBUY!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

Let me start with this: I've not been using a regular hair tie since I bought my first pack of these! I have thick, curly and medium coarse hair, and I think that's one of the hair types that this product works the best with. It leaves barely any trace on my hair - though I don't doubt that it will on other hair types and on straight hair. Since I have a lot of hair, and almost always wear it in a high, messy bun when I tie it up, I've always struggled with the tugging pain and the headaches. That's more or less a problem of the past now. It's one of the things that makes me love these, along with the noticeably less damaged hair. I always have one on my wrist, and it's so easy to just tie my hair up in a few seconds. I don't like my hair to be slicked back, and it always used to be such a pain to "loosen" some strands and create some volume, but not anymore. The cons are that they stretch out pretty quickly. It might not be a problem for everyone, but since my bun is fairly heavy placed on the top of my head, I need it to be tight or it'll fall down. Also, the price. In Sweden they retail for around 59 SEK per set of 3. With how often I lose things, it's a little steep.

About reviewer (419 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

4 years ago

USELESS! Supposedly traceless yet after wearing at work for an hour it left the dreaded bump in my hair, and it was in as loosely as it would go. Uncomfortable and not very pretty, these are awful. I have fine long hair and when trying to take the invisibobble out of my hair it caused snags and really hurt. Probably works better in thick hair.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Yes another gimmicky hair product/tool that I got sucked into and I am happy to have tried this. I bought this at Urban Outfitters, 1 pack consists of 3 bobbles for 8 dollars plus tax. That is a lot for plastic hair ties, but they really are snag free, don't leave a kink in the hair and they stretch. Yes, they stretch but go back into shape if left on the counter for a while. They stay put and don't feel any pulling or tugging. Before trying the Invisibobble, used to own a beauty supply version of this but they stretch and slip. Never had that issue with this bobble. Money well spent. *** Taken for their website*** The stretching or loss of elasticity of the invisibobble does not reflect our quality standard, but is simply a security measure in cases of over-stretching. The stretching of the invisibobble is also a characteristic of the material, which is also reversible. If you wish to shrink your invisibobble again, you can put it out in the sun, on top of a heater (on a towel) or in hot water- the heat will cause the material to contract.

About reviewer (413 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I got three of these in a monthly sample subscription box. It holds my hair firmly but doesn't pull too hard or give me a headache, and as long as I'm careful putting it in and taking it out it doesn't damage my hair at all. My daughter's hair is very long and fine and it didn't hold her ponytail in place, so it doesn't work for everyone. The one I've been using has started to stretch out so I don't know how long I can expect it to last.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Marketed as the "Invisibobble Traceless Hair Ring", this item is actually just a coiled piece of plastic, not unlike those coil wrist key rings that were popular several years ago, and are still available in dollar stores. What this claims to do for hair is to tie your hair up without leaving any dents after you remove it, and by it's nature, makes certain hair styles and updos easier than with regular elastics or hair ties. They come in a box of 3 for around $10, which seems steep considering what they're made of and where they're made (China). I was lured in by the ads I saw on the "BehindTheChair" website and found some online. When I received them, they were TINY, but they stretch easily to accommodate a lot of hair. My usual use for them is to hold my pony tail when I'm at the gym. My usual elastics always left dents when I removed them so I figured these would save me from having to flat iron out the dents. Are they an improvement over regular elastics? Yes and no. They leave less of a dent, but my hair still dents even with these, just not as much. They do stay in place though and for my hair they hold quite well and don't slip out but my pony tail isn't super tight. If you have heavy hair, they won't hold a tight pony through a rigorous workout but they'd be fine for every day. They also aren't as tidy looking as a regular tie. By its nature, the Invisibobble is kind of bulky so it kind of spreads out. It doesn't double up on itself very well so it spreads out along the ponytail. It's very easy to remove and doesn't pull the hair, so that's a plus. It won't snag your hair like some elastics can.... There are plenty of YouTube tutorials on how to achieve different hair styles with these, and they come in lots of different colours. They make black and brown but no blonde or auburn/red, so I went with Crystal Clear (which actually has tiny silver glitters in it but you can barely see them). Also red, blue, pink, etc... There are cheaper "dupes" now being sold but they're thicker and apparently not as good. These DO stretch out but strangely I don't need to wrap them around my hair more times than when I first got them. I've been using the same one for a few months and I still wrap it 4x around for my side pony. When I remove it, I make sure to untangle it (it can get hung up on itself like phone cords - remember those?) and it usually shrinks down a bit, though never to it's original size but it's still completely usable, unlike regular elastic which once they've lost their stretch are completely useless. These also are pretty hardy and the one I've been using is still going strong... which has me thinking that I need to get some of these for my daughter because she goes through mounds of elastics as they're always breaking on her. So this review has gone on longer than expected. Sorry about that. These are kind of nifty. They aren't completely "traceless" (on me anyways) but they hold well enough and are strong enough that I would certainly buy more of them, if not just because they last longer than regular elastics and they don't pull my hair out when I remove them.

About reviewer (800 reviews)

Age44-55