COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid

COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid

4.4

Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Water, Niacinamide, Sodium Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol

on 6/28/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Imagine putting on foundation and the texture is highlighted (in a bad way) because of your whiteheads. This had been my problem for many years. It's not that I had pimples or cystic acne... it's just that foundation didn't really improve the look of my skin because the tiny bumps under the skin wouldn't smooth out under makeup.

For people who struggle with comedonal acne - namely, whiteheads - this is probably the best thing you could try. I went from having clusters of whiteheads every week to essentially one or two a month.

I swipe a cotton pad across my face two to three nights a week and wake up to smooth, soft skin. For me, it's quite gentle but more importantly, it's effective! Because of this I also no longer struggle with battling my skin... which has been a seven year long dilemma. It's also way easier to extract whiteheads, because of the glycolic acid softening down the keratin that produces these pesky whiteheads.

A few folks have commented on the smell but I don't notice it, to be honest. All in all, it's definitely one of my ride or die beauty products that does what it says. The pump on the bottle is great, so no complaints there either...

A few notes:

My skin seems to really like glycolic acid the best out of all the AHA's - mandelic, lactic, ect.

In addition, my skin always benefits from a proper facial with extractions. My skin was at its best with a facial every two months, and using this product to maintain the condition. My skin is not perfect, no, but I really haven't been diligent with my skincare either plus I do live in a polluted city. I advice fellow ladies to get professional help from a licensed esthetician when possible.

on 4/26/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have normal to dry, somewhat sensitive skin. I typically get a few acne spots per month, especially hormonal acne around my mouth and chin. I've been using this for almost 2 months now and I think I'm finally starting to see it working effectively to help with acne and exfoliation. Yes, I definitely had a purging period that lasted about 3 weeks. When I first started using it, I actually had an increase in whiteheads and a few bigger red acne bumps that never came to head. My acne was pretty unpredictable during that purge period and my skin became somewhat dry and flaky. I moisturized as much as I could and pushed through. I'm glad I stuck with it because I've noticed the smaller hormonal acne around my mouth and chin has been reduced and it's almost gone. Even during that time of the month! My skin is no longer dry or flakey. It looks supple and more clear. The texture of my skin has improved as well. I started out using it every other day and I believe that was too much for my skin. I now use this every 3 days in the evenings right after cleansing. I think I've hit the magic number!. If you plan on using this, I would first make sure you have a solid sunscreen in your routine and then slowly introduce it into your routine. AHA can cause greater sun sensitivity. Don't jump into every other day like I did, especially if you have not used AHA before!!

on 3/12/2018 10:38:00 AM

I love this product! I'm a beginner with the AHA solutions and I was very skeptical, so I started to use this once a week, and then twice a week, and now i use it every day and I liked it very much. My skin is glowing and it doesn't burn at all. It doesn't help with my whiteheads but i feel that my skin is improving faster after i have a breakout. I have to mention that I apply every morning a moisturizing cream with SPF 30!

on 2/2/2018 11:53:00 AM

Doesn't really help with clearing or preventing whiteheads. I have the worst kind of whiteheads. At the start of the day, my skin is clear. But then at the end of the day, I can always see two, three or four tiny whiteheads having their little party. Venue: nose.

No matter what I do, they just keep coming back uninvited at the end of each day. I didn't expect a product that'll miraculously remove the existing ones, but I feel that prevention isn't too much to ask for.

I thought this could have kept them away. But not so much, whiteheads still do come back like a crazy ex-girlfriends albeit not that often.

I use this once every two days, after cosrx aha/bha clarifying toner and before cosrx blackhead liquid. I'll usually massage the toner into my skin, apply this, wait 20 minutes, then apply the blackhead liquid. Pretty sure I'm doing it correctly. Though I'd say it did lighten my pimple scars and even out my skin tone.

I'm 1/3 through, maybe results will be better when I'm halfway through.

P.S. I'm currently using a gel mask that works like practically Harry-Potter magic at removing my black and whiteheads. It's called Bonanza KUM Q10 mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

An excellent AHA for beginners which gets rid of closed comedones, whiteheads and textured skin and brightens post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH). This contains 7% glycolic acid, which is derived from sugar cane.

I struggled with closed comedones after a sudden breakout in February 2014 and my skin never got better. Even two years on, I was breaking out terribly and my skin was so full of closed comedones and whiteheads I hated my skin. Nothing I tried - benzoyl peroxide, clay masks, tips on Acne.org or skincare addiction on reddit etc - worked. Then in June 2016, I decided to take a chance on this AHA after hearing so many good things about AHAs and what they could do for closed comedones. I had never used any sort of chemical exfoliation before so I started out slowly, using this once a week. My skin was too sensitive for this to remain on my skin for 15-20 minutes and purged, getting even worse. Then, I read a tip on using acids for only 5-10 minutes before washing it off the skin if your skin was too sensitive or easily irritated by AHAs.

Surprisingly, this tip worked like magic for me. This was my tolerance level (yours may be different; you might be able to use it for 15-20 minutes on your skin before moving on to the next step of your skincare routine). I used AHA on a weekly basis and my skin slowly got better. I noticed that my skin was significantly smoother in September 2016 and it only continued to get smoother over the next few months. The whiteheads and closed comedones just melted away and disappeared. COSRX's AHA helped me to remove 80% of my stubborn whiteheads, which hadn't gone away for close to 2.5 years. There were still some textural issues which I could see if I looked closely in the mirror in direct sunlight. I used the AHA together with COSRX's BHA twice a week to remove the remaining clogs. Right now in April 2017, my skin is the clearest it's ever been. I only have very few tiny whiteheads on my cheeks left and my skin is even and glowy.

I didn't like the smell of this - it was very chemical and strong - but the smell dissipates after two minutes or so. This AHA definitely works and I believe the hype because it worked so well for me. It also helped in fading away my PIH and dark marks from picking my skin (but I also used sunscreen every day I went out). AHA does make your skin more photosensitive so please make sure to use sun protection when you are going to be outside. Just using it once can make your skin more photosensitive for a week. I found that my skin got a lot better as well because I used sunscreen on a daily basis. This is an affordable and effective AHA and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to remove their whiteheads and brighten up their skin.

on 4/12/2017 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. It burns like hell when I apply it but I'm at the point now where I like that feeling because I know that my disgusting sebaceous filaments will be less in the morning. This stuff is the only thing I have ever used that really seems to clear out my gross black filled pores. I've tried other AHAs and never had these results. My nose has never looked this good. Coworkers are asking what I am doing differently because my skin is so glowy and even! I ordered this off of amazon, I think the seller was Jolse for about 12.99cad. Completely worth it. Will keep buying this forever.

on 3/30/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best! I've been reading a lot of stuff about how important chemical exfoliation is for your skin, and decided to go along with it. Of course in the past I've used a lot of scrubs and whatnot with a myriad of different acids, but no success. Either the acid content was just way too low, or the particular acid used didn't have any effects on my skin.

Enter this. The first time I used this was from a sample given to me after buying some stuff from Wishtrend. I was having a pretty bad skin period - so many breakouts that was taking forever to go away. Used this every night immediately after cleansing my face for one week. It completely turned my skin around like nothing else I've ever tried before.

I continued to use this nightly after that week, but it ended up just overexfoliating my skin. Dry, irritated, red skin. Noooo. How can it be? But I refused to let go of this product. I stopped using it for another week, and decided to use it every other night instead of every night. This is what I do now.

I still use physical exfoliation with some gentle scrubs every now and again when I feel like my face feel sluggish and wants to FEEL the exfoliation. But this is my standby. I've tried the BHA version as well thinking that maybe that would be better for my skin because I'm acne-prone, but that didn't give me much results. I think AHA is the acid for me. It aids with my skin's cell turnover, which means two things for me - my pores get unclogged straight away without dead skin cells and oils sticking around to make me break out, and it's been slowly helping heal a lot of hyperpigmentation marks. So far, this is the only product to help keep break outs away, help fade my hyperpigmentation little by little AND it's not drying. In fact, it's quite moisturising (AHA should generally be moisturising though).

Although this product is not easily available for many (can't buy it in person unless you're in Korea - need to buy it online), it is quite cheap as well. $15-ish depending where you get it. I will repurchase until, God forbid, it gets discontinued!

on 2/2/2017 4:20:00 PM

Edit: Finished the bottle awhile ago and didn’t notice a difference when I stopped... so it doesnt do anything for my skin.... Good preventative toner for skin that clogs easily but it does not get rid of existing whiteheads or clogged pores; I used it alone (as a product to get rid of whiteheads/clogged pores) for two weeks and it didn't lessen the amount of whiteheads on my face but I noticed that the amount of clogged pores did not increase. However, combined with the centella dressing powder the amount of whiteheads did decrease. I mix a 1/2 to 3/4 dime sized amount of the powder on my hands and 3-4 half pumps of the whitehead powder liquid on my fingers and put it on after cleansing and waiting for my face to dry. Overall I would recommend it to try but don't expect miracles with this product alone. Also the smell is slightly fishy but I only notice it when the product is tacky on the skin (so when it's drying) but afterwards the smell dissipates.

on 12/22/2016 9:10:00 AM

This is a great aha product that I really am seeing results with. I like to use this over my bha or the blackhead power liquid. I apply the bha wait about 20-30 minutes then apply the aha power liquid. I alternate this with retin a and find that this helps cut back on the peeling of retinoids in general. My skin is so soft and smooth and I find this very powerful and I find I need to go up slowly with this.

I was also reading you should use it after toner or lotion or when your face is barest and to give it 30 minutes to absorb. Doing this allows the product to really be effective so you get the most out of your aha. Also if you use a bha before the aha it will work better because it takes advantage of the oil solubility. Acids need a low Ph to work there magic.

This product has helped my skin so much. It's smooth, even toned, my spots go away faster or if I feel one coming it stops it before it starts. One thing I noticed is this is very strong and I have been making sure I don't overuse this because it can irritate the skin barrier. And it's always smart to start slow with aha's. I always get a tiny bit of purging but nothing bad and it goes right away.

Now my skin is so clear and smooth, and like I said it doesn't peel and flake as much either. Overall this is a excellent product imo. It was reasonably priced too. I paid around 14$ with free shipping. I also own the blackhead clearing gel, snail mucin, and the bha with a sol. I love how instead of water they use Apple water in this. The ingredients themselves are stellar and I will only use Cosrx for my anti aging and acne care. Also I never forget sun screen with these types of products. This is one of my skin are HG's and I don't give many things that status but this totally earned it. Recommended!

on 11/12/2016 6:53:00 PM

Love this no frills AHA! Build up a tolerance, use it carefully and you will be rewarded with crystal clear glowing skin. Slather it on a compromised skin barrier every day and your face will be a disaster zone for a month. Using it once a week to start off controls the purge and helps ensure you don't fry your skin barrier.