Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.7

on 10/11/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation and I receive a lot of compliments when I wear it. It reminds me of Chanel's Velvet Lumiere. It wears better on my skin than Chanel's Velvet and doesn't have the strong fragrance of Chanel. It doesn't feel like foundation and has a light to medium-ish finish. I have an extremely oily Tzone and this still looks good at the end of the day. For the price point, it can't be beat. The color I use is 128. For reference, I am NC25 Mac Pro longwear... B20 Chanel Velvet Lumiere.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good
Affordable sleek looking packaging, I found at Target for around $5.99.
There are a lot of shades to choose from. A little disappointed because I thought when the Fit Me line came out they were labeled warm, cool, neutral but maybe that was just L'oreal.
It was not heavy and or uncomfortable on the skin. It was buildable without looking cakey.
The bad
Nice bottle but no pump.
It was a little hard to find the best shade for me especially since there were no testers.
For my skin tone, I tried the shade Sun Beige.
The color blended so nicely when swatched on my chest, neck, and face but when I applied it all over it looked a bit off. My daughter thought it was just the slightest bit too light, my sons said it was perfect, and to me, it looked a little too yellow or maybe even a little olive.
I felt my chest and arms looked a lot pinker/red-toned compared to my face.(weird because so many beauty reps tell me I am warm or olive). It might match better in the fall and winter.
I can see where the "fit me" part comes in because I could technically make this shade work I just rather not.
The worst part is that it did not work for my oily skin.
After only an hour or two, my face was pretty shiny and it was not long before it turned into a complete greasy mess. I could blot or powder and that would refresh the makeup without looking cakey which was really nice but I would need to touch up nearly every hour after that.
Personally, I do not think this is a great foundation for someone with very oily skin or who is on the go and needs a formula that will last a good while before needing to touch up. Paired with the matching powder was a complete fail so I did not use them together but I did find a way to make it work, and that was using my Coty airspun powder and I would have to bake with it under the eyes and anywhere I tend to get really shiny. This really helped to control the shine longer. Even though this did prolong the wear for me, I rather just find a foundation that performs well from the beginning with my oily skin I will have to touch up once or twice already with a good foundation and I rather not touch up more than that.
I think it would work better for combination skin or normal skin who prefers a more matte satin type finish.

on 9/17/2017 1:16:00 PM

This is a great bargain buy. I started using this when I was in between jobs and couldn't afford expensive make up at the time. With a good moisturizer/primer, this does give you great buildable coverage. I did feel like the wear wasn't as long as I would've liked it to be, I felt after about 4 hours it would start to move around on my face and crease pretty badly under my eyes and my dimples. I did like that I could easily mix this with another foundation if my skin happened to be more or less tan that week. Overall a good bargain and pretty versatile, but not something I'd go out of my way to purchase again.

on 7/21/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is by far, the best drugstore foundation that I've ever tried. At first I was skeptical because this was so raved around youtube, but now I understand why. It does everything it claims to be. It keeps me away from looking greasy by the end of the day. The coverage is buildable, but I keep it at one layer for a natural everyday finish. 10/10 would by this again in a heartbeat.

on 6/30/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Very nice foundation! Stays forever and even is as good as the too faced born this way foundation. lots of shades too.

on 6/27/2017 7:18:00 AM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have bought this foundation again because I really liked the shade 220, it fit for me perfect and looked natural. I love how it applies and feels on my skin. I think the quality of this foundation is really good looking at such low price. However, it doesn't last at all on my face. It wears off after a few hours, I hate setting foundation with powder so I do it with a spray but still the same. It doesn't cover pimples - it better suits for day use when you want to look natural. I am a full coverage foundation lover, so I apply a few layers of it and when it wears of I fix it with a brush.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have combination skin and this works pretty good for me. I do prime my face before and set my foundation with powder as well as setting spray because I know how oily my face can get. The initial application is matte, through-out the day it does get oily but its just the normal amount, and it doesn't look cakey or runny. By the end of the day it is still on my face and hasn't slipped off which i appreciate. The packaging could be better with a pump.

on 6/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok os pros & cons wiht this foundation.

Pros:
Price point
Great shade selection

Cons:
Is not matte
Doesn't stay on (extremely oily by end of the day)
Oxidizes a bit
Doesn't offer good coverage

My overall view of this foundation is that it didn't live up to the hype.
It's a great low cost option but I believe you get what you pay for. I bought two different shades to get my exact match. Although there were quite a bit of shades to choose from which was nice. It did not last more than a few ours before turning into an oily mess on my face. I would say I have normal skin with an oily t-zone. I felt like the coverage was just okay. Anywhere from light-medium coverage. Somewhat buildable. For all the hype for being a great durgstore foundation I expected more. This was not matte and it was extremely runny to me. Not good for summer. Might work better if you want a dewy look in the winter and have normal to dry skin.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER MADE.. I LOVE IT...

on 6/6/2017 1:53:00 PM

I use this foundation daily and it feel like it's the best drugstore foundation you can get. Lightweight, full coverage and great price