Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 36-43
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don’t think I’ve ever been able to wear a drugstore foundation. In all my glorious ghostiness, they’ve all been a bust. But with the enhanced range of the Fit Me M&P line, I found a match in 102. I’m thrilled.
The formula is a bit drying for me, but I’m so happy to have a light foundation to slap on that’s reasonably priced, easy to find, and doesn’t break me out that I’m just doing a happy dance. Whoohoo!
Hooray for Maybelline! I wasn’t a rabid fan in the past, but I am now!

I am a late bloomer when it comes to this foundation. I have purposely ignored it for so long because in a way I am a foundation snob and I have quite a bit in my collection. However, I am impressed with the way this foundation held up on my oily combination skin.

A bit of background, I suffer from old acne scars (pit scars, box scars etch) and I try my best to minimize their appearance by using primers. In this case, I used a combo of Hourglass Mineral Veil and L'Oreal Magic Base (dupe for timeless primer from Tarte) on the center of my face.

Application: The blendability of this foundation is amazing. It blended right away with my beauty sponge.

Shade: I wear shade 120 Classic Ivory. For reference, I am MAC NC 25 (Light Medium with Golden/Olive Undertones).

Coverage: Light to Medium Coverage. If you have any active acne or intense redness on your skin, you will need a concealer.

Longevity: I am using this during the winter time so the weather will help to sustain the longevity of it.

Price: So darn cheap!

Packaging: No pump ugh!

Overall, a decent foundation and could rival my HG Revlon Colorstay. If you are looking for a decent, affordable foundation this is a must try.

I hope this helps!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation works very well with my skin type. My Maybelline shade is Sun Beige and I'm NC40 in MAC. I do like this foundation for a few reasons. The first being that this is pretty full coverage in my opinion. I like the finish with a beauty blender over a brush. I would say this is a true matte foundation. I'm someone with very oily skin and I can get away with using this foundation without a primer. I'm not really a flat matte finish foundation person so I always top this foundation off with a luminous type setting powder. Another great feature with this foundation is that it doesn't cause clogged pores or break me out! This foundation also doesn't transfer or collect in fine lines so it's great for people with mature skin (fine lines around the mouth and eyes) but still oily as well. I'm happy and will repurchase this one!

This foundation looks nice when first applied. It has medium coverage and is fairly lightweight on the skin. However, it doesn't have much staying power. I have normal skin for the most part and when I get home from work I look like I have no makeup on.

on 7/15/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I just recently purchased this foundation. I have only used it about 5 times. Everytime so far that I have used this product including when I was broken out I found it covered my skin pretty good without making me feel like I had a pound of foundation on, It is very hot and humid here right now and I found even after work my face is still pretty concealed a little shiny though. Overall I would repurchase this for the summer time. When you dont want heavy makeup and still want to be concealed.

on 3/31/2016 11:17:00 AM

I love the Smooth and Dewy version, especially in the winter, so I thought I'd try the Matte & Poreless version for my oilier summers. It accentuates every dry patch and makes me look like I have sandpaper for a face. Not a good look.

Ironically, the Matte & Poreless powder is better than the original powder over the Smooth & Dewy foundation. Go figure.

How about a pump, Maybelline??

on 12/27/2015 12:22:00 AM

This is a great foundation. Just not for me. Sadly, I need more coverage. I use RetinA for acne and it makes my face super red. This foundation didn't cover the red enough. On the positive side, this foundation is great for dry skin like mine. Love the way it feels during winter. Just wish my face wasn't so darn red. It almost reminds me of Armani Luminous Silk but with less coverage and worse staying power. A good substitute if you have a more even skin tone. I guess I'll keep using my HG Estée Lauder double wear and GA Luminous Silk when I'm more dry. I'm NC 30-35 and I got shade 220 natural beige for winter and 238 rich tan for summer. I have very yellow undertones and these shades worked great.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good drugstore foundation. My favorite foundations, for reference, are this one, Revlon Colorstay Whipped and KVD Lock It (fullll coverage baby). I've been using this over my beloved Colorstay which I've been wearing for years. **My HG now NARS Sheer Glow for the past month or so.

I do have oily dehydrated skin. Am not breakout prone and have some broken capillaries on my cheeks (stay away from that darn St Ives scrub on your face!!).

This is about a medium coverage and looks very natural. It's also one of the few foundations I can just apply with my fingers with no primer at all! It smooths on soooo easily. Dries to a matte satin finish. Doesn't look like your obviously wearing makeup (like KVD lock it, which I do love for absolute full coverage).

My oil breakthrough is minimum/expected. I normally have to blot once a day, sometimes twice depending on the day. Doesn't settle into my med/large pores much.

My nose isn't sensitive to smells so I can't comment on that. I haven't noticed any smell with it, just your typical foundation smell? Idk.

Hasn't oxidized on my skin. God, isn't that the freakin' worse thing?! Walking around thinking your looking all fly, until you look in a mirror and want to go into hiding for life because ppl notice that stuff!!

It doesn't have a pump. I'm not tooooo picky about that so it's no deal breaker for me. I stick my clean fingers in my Colorstay Whipped after all. I'm no germ phobe. I firmly believe in the 5 second rule :) But it's always nice to have a pump. That's the only reason I gave it 4/5 lippies

Edit: I threw this stuff out. It just started looking gross on my skin. My skincare routine got better and my skin is now more normal/slightly oily since it's no longer dehydrated oily - that could be a factor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty decent foundation. It is sheerer than I expected but can be built up by applying layers (which I don't love to do, but it works). It does provide good coverage for blemishes this way. I am unsure if it caused me to break-out a little, but I suspect that it may have. It feels good on the skin and wears rather well. I do like to powder over my foundations, and while it looked ok alone, I found it looked cakey once I powdered... Not so badly, but it aged my the look of my skin. It may have also highlighted my flakies or dried them out more...? For the price, I do think this is a good foundation though. My prefered foundation (Dior Forever) is $50-ish, so this is a good alternative. I really hate that it does not have a pump - why do any foundations not have a pump now?!?! I am a neutral fair skin and I wear this in shade 112/Natural Ivory. I had initially purchased the lightest shade (110/Porcelain?), but it was far too light (& quite pink-leaning?). On the plus side, for someone who is extremely pale (I'm usually the palest), they do offer a very light shade.