Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer

3.6

INGREDIENTS: Dimethicone, Isododecane, Talc, Dimethicone Silylate, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Kaolin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethylhexanoin, Bisabolol, Silica, Alumina, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, PEG-40 Stearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 11/15/2017 9:35:00 AM

Good, but the product has such a thick consistency and comes out from the tube quite difficult. Αs a result, the seam of the package opened and all the product was wasted and ended up to the bin. I putted the cream in an empty MAC Paint Pot jar, but it dried up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My holy grail shadow primer.

I do my foundation, then apply a microscopic dab to the top of my lids. I wait 8 seconds until dry, and begin to apply my shadow. Offers creaseless, perfect application of shadow, and shadow stays all day! A little bit goes a LONG way, so be sure to not use too much.

The best primer I have used thus far! Highly suggest.

This has become my holy grail eye shadow primer, because I have yet to find anything else that holds up to my oily eyelids!
It goes on pretty smooth leaving a clear residue.
It holds my shadow very well throughout the day and does not crease on my eyes!
It does dry out a little bit near the end of the day, around 7+ hours, but not cakey. Hard to explain, it doesn't separate but goes more toward a matte/powder finish by then.

on 4/26/2017 11:34:00 AM

I purchased the 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer in a kit when it was first released. I have used 80% of this product and I have finally decided that I won't be finishing the tube. To preface, my lids are oily with fine lines and a hood. I have to wear primers or my eyeshadow won't stay on and I have tried a lot.

The GOOD: Initially I really loved this primer because of the consistency. I didn't really think it would be great for wear because of the creamy consistency and thick texture; however, I was particularly excited to notice my eyeshadow didn't wear badly.

The BAD: I really thought the creamy texture of this eyeshadow would have an effect on the texture of the skin on my eyes but I didn't notice any improvement or change.

The UGLY: I started to notice that this primer would settle and build up around even the finest of lines. The cream eyeshadow I use on my upper, least tragic part of my eye, even looks disgusting and veined out.

The Bottom Line: I think the Milani and Wet 'N Wild had similar effects but were worst on my eyes. I wish this had made my eyeshadow look better because I liked how it felt like it should be more beneficial then other products.

on 4/4/2017 3:41:00 PM

This is the best eye primer I have ever tried. My eyelids are usually very oily and eyeshadow will only last about an hour before it starts creasing, but this is amazing. I even went to sleep drunk and didn't take my makeup off and woke up and it was still perfect. Literally only need to use a tiny bit, let it set for about a minute then apply. Would deffo recommend to anyone with oily eyelids.

on 3/19/2017 10:39:00 PM

Meh. It's okay when you use a lot. When I use a small amount, my shadows crease and fade. Got this in a gift set, but fit the price - will not repurchase. Works well when I use a lot all over the lid but my HG is the NYX waterproof eye primer. That wells amazingly on my oily lids.

on 2/12/2017 11:47:00 AM

The quality of their primer is generally outstanding so i was kind of bummed with the other eye primer ,i think it's called the op something, but it all changed with this little love! it's like a very thick very light pink paste and it loses the color once applied to the lid. it even works beautifully with loose pigments.

on 2/4/2017 1:14:00 PM

If you have oily hooded lids, this is an outstanding primer. The key is application. Apply a very small amount and then let it dry. I apply mine before I blow dry my hair and give it a quick blast with the hairdryer. It is a bit sticky compared to other primers but it definitely makes the shadow last all day on my oily lids. I don't find it helps much with eyeliner.

on 12/27/2016 10:46:00 PM

Got this as a sample at Sephora for my birthday and I really like it! A little bit goes a long way! Helps shadows stay put longer.

on 12/27/2016 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily, hooded and watery sensitive eyes and bought this primer because of its claim of being water resistant. Not such thing and that is why I took one star and won't buy it again.

However, I must say that it performed wonderfully in the part of my eyes i applied it and didn't came in contact with water from my eyes. I was able to remove the eyeshadows only with waterproof makeup remover.

In the fold, eyeshadow was a mess 20 min after application.

It is a little sticky compared with NARS or The Balm ones, but i was able to use eyeshadows without any tugging after the 60 seconds period for the primer to dry. Didn't find any significant increase in color payoff with it.

Really sad it didn't work for me, maybe because of the friction in the area together with the water. If you don't have my watery eye problem I advise you going for it.

Obs.: This primer has almost he same ingredientes in the same order of MAC Prep+Primer.