Kiko Cosmetics Eye Base

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like this eye primer. I use to use BareMinerals eye primers before but this is more affordable and I think it holds longer without creasing. It intensifies any colour that goes on top too! Or I like to just wear it on its own!

I rate this eye base as ok since it's not really what I expected: Pro: - keeps eyeshadow in place Con: - didn't see a vibrant effect on my applied eyeshadows over it So it's a good eye base but not the best. If it only could saturate the eyeshadow colours much more (like the UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion or Artdeco Eyeshadow Base; both awesome) it would be my HG.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have tried it for the first time this morning (I am already acquainted to Too Faced and Urban Decay eye primers so I have some experience with this sort of product) and what a disappointment. My eyelids are relatively fat and while with the former brands my makeup lasts all day with minor fading, with Kiko's eye primer almost everything has faded away within 4 hours. Not cool. Now I am testing the pearly version to see if it's worth the money or not...
EDIT: The pearly version does not work either. I gave both eye primers to a friend of mine before going back from my holidays. Again, total disappointment.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

OMG I LOOOOOVE THIS PRIMER! For the price, and the quality, this product is amazing! I'm really not overreacting when I say I have the oiliest eyelids ever! I've used countless primers and I have to say this is 100x better than urban decay Primer potion. It smooths on effortlessly and makes my eyemakeup last for hours and hours. I. LOVE. IT.

Just finished my first tube after a very long time and I've already bought another one. For me it works really well, even cheap eyeshadows don't crease with this, and when I use e.l.f. Baked eyeshadows or Naked Basics palette they stay on all day. Definitely a bargain!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

At the beginning was working pretty well but then it started after a few months (something like 6) to separate.. At the end it was so liquid that I couldn't use it anymore.. But that means I lost a lot of products!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this little gem for about a month now and I am very happy with this product. This is an eye primer, similar to most high-end eye primers on the market today. This comes in a squeeze tube, leans slightly on the lighter side of beige, and is creamy to apply. You just need a bead-sized amount per eyelid, because this applies easily and sets relatively quickly. I started using this as an eyeshadow primer as the product is intended. However, I found that it did not hold my powder eyeshadows in place quite as long as my current favorite by bareMinerals: Prime Time eyelid primer. So I started using this Kiko Eye Base on its own, on the days when I am in a hurry and don't have time to do a "full" eye. Basically, I am using this as more of a cream eyeshadow than an eye primer. I have very oily eyelids even into my fifties (age), and if I don't wear eyeshadow to absorb (or mattify) these oils, I wind up with blurry vision and burning eyes by the end of the day. In addition, any eyeliner or mascara that I apply winds up in my crease, giving me that not-so-pretty raccoon-look that every woman adores. But I have found that if I pat some Kiko eye base onto my clean lids; apply my pencil eyeliner; curl lashes and apply mascara; I have a quick, clean eye-look and am ready in a jiffy. Best part is, this Kiko Eye Base not only keeps my eyeliner & mascara in place all day; but it does not sting and irritate my eyes the way some long-wearing cream eyeshadows do by the end of the day. It also keeps my eyes from burning like they do when I have completely bare eyelids (make-up free) and the oil glands on my eyelids start over-producing. I love this gentle eye primer and will most definitely repurchase!