W7 In the nude

3.5

on 10/12/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I agree I have to build this product up +++ for a slither of a sheen from the highliter and the bronza don't even go down that road.i would not buy again but maybe because it's called in the nude -it's in the nude ..lol

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Pros:
+packaging
+best price
+shades are sunning

Cons:
-not pigmented
-hard to blend
-LOTS of fallout
-hard to work with
-useless brush
-scrambles on the flat brush (why??????)
-fade away during the day

Heard on the Internet a lot of positive reviews on this palette and girls like to claim it to be a good dupe of Naked 3 (Urban Decay), then I decided to by this palette Online.
I really liked the packaging of this palette and colors are amazing but it's really hard to work with: when you attempt to put the eyeshadow on your eyelid it falls out under your eye and make you look like a zombie. To avoid this issue you should shake your brush to remove the extras of eyeshadow before to apply it and this really increases the time of making your makeup - layering the same color many times to get the needed pigmentation.
Personally I demand 3 things from each eyeshadow palette: 1 - pigmentation, 2 - blendability, 3 - good color combination. This palette satisfies only last item and it really frustrates me when I have beautiful set of colors but I cannot work with them.
I have played with the makeup using this "In the NUDE palette" only twice: today and yesterday and I've managed to create 2 looks: "intensive" violet-bronze smoky eyes and pink natural eye look. What can I say: this could be really good if the quality was little bit better - without eyeliner, kajal and mascara eyemakeup with this palette looks like muddy.
I will try more working with this eyeshadows to get used to using it. Won't buy it again because this purchase was really frustrating.
Thank you for the attention!

on 6/30/2016 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I'd like to preface this by saying that I also have the Naked 3, which this is an obvious dupe of, both in packaging and in color. I WILL be comparing this to the Naked 3 throughout the review, but I bought both with my own money.

The packaging will stand up to a fair bit of wear and tear. Unfortunately the lid came off mine the first day I had it, but was easily reattached and I've kept it in my handbag for quite a while and it hasn't broken again. Not as sturdy as the Naked 3 and doesn't have a mirror, but for the price it's not a big deal whatsoever.

I only kept the brush because I like to keep my makeup sets complete. It has a foam applicator on one end and the other has some type of cheapie packing brush. Honestly I don't use it whatsoever, I personally hate it.

The colors are NOT labeled on the inside of the packaging, but rather on the back. From right to left, those are: Latte, Angel, Venice, Marilyn, Copper Pot, Sun Kissed, Alice, Bad Manners, Coffee Cup, Mud Slide, Tokyo, Fashionista.

I've worn these for 8+ hours with no primer and no issues. They will get a bit muddy after 5 or so hours but they're definitely more long wearing than other drugstore brands I've tried. I'd suggest using the good old napkin trick under the eye, otherwise you'll end up with quite a bit of fallout.

Shades like Angel (a dupe of Dust) are quite chunky. I personally think Dust is a little chunky anyway but the dupe in In The Nude is much more so. All the shades are very blendable and quite pigmented for the price.

Even when using the Naked 3 palette I find myself reaching for the In The Nude palette, using W7's "Alice" instead of the Urban Decay's "Nooner". They're extremely comparable palettes and if you're on a budget or just looking to save money, I'd definitely recommend the In The Nude palette.

Naked 3 is $80 AU, and In The Nude is only $10 AU! I LOVE it and will buy it again if I ever hit pan on all my favorite colors. A wonderful palette for the price and if you're looking at buying the Naked 3 but don't like the price, I'd definitely recommend buying this palette instead.

on 4/3/2017 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

No. Poor quality palette that you shouldn't waste your time on in my opinion. I find that the shades are not very unique, and even if you wanted a very basic, neutral palette, the quality is not nice enough. The only shade that I really like is the darkest shade, a black with a beautiful purple undertone, which I find stunning and original. This also was the most pigmented and creamy shade in my opinion. A lot of the other ones were superchalky and had a lot of kick up, even ball up.

Pro:
- one stunning shade which was creamy
- cruelty free
- affordable
- nice packaging

Con:
- not many unique shades
- chalky consistency that shows up very powdery on the skin
- not pigmented

on 10/3/2016 7:33:00 PM

I love this palette. I know it's a dupe for the Naked 3 palette, and some people say the colours aren't as pigmented, but at this price (I paid $10 on Amazon Canada), I'm not going to complain about that. I have very fair skin, so even the pale colours are very visible on me. If I use a primer (Mary Kay; a surprisingly useful gift from my MIL), the colour is more intense and lasts all day. I have hooded eyes, and a lot of shadows crease or smudge on me. This stuff doesn't.

I have a few much more expensive palettes, and only used one or two shades; never touched the rest. I've had this palette for a couple of months, and I've used all the colours except two. They're all so pretty and everyday-wearable. The brush is kind of useless, so I've been using the brush from my Smashbox Double Exposure. (That's one of the palettes I regret buying as I've only used two of the colours; it's an excellent brush, though.)

Best $10 makeup purchase ever.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product had very poor pigmentation. I have fair skin and the colors barely showed up on my skin even with an eye primer. The palette also irritated my eyes. Overall I was not very impressed by the product.

on 4/8/2016 9:35:00 AM

I saw this in Marshall's and for the price, it was a very nice little treat. I'm familiar with this British brand from magazines, etc. so it was cool to see it here. This is a rose gold-toned neutral palette with lovely shades. I don't own any of the Urban Decay ones so I can't compare, but this stands on its own merits. The quality is on a par with most of our drugstore brands and considerably better than some (like Maybelline's palette of the same rose gold tones). There's a nice brush enclosed. The container reminds me of the watercolor tins I had as a child!

on 5/1/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this as I kept hearing that its the perfect dupe for naked 3. I swatched all the light shades at the back of my hand and honestly, it all came out exactly the same washed out colour. There are plenty of better palettes out there at the same price so spend elsewhere.

on 5/6/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I wanted this forever, and found it last week at tjmaxx. I don't typically like pink, but this pink-y toned pallette has been haunting me. The shadows are beautiful, fairly pigmented, and work well together.

on 5/30/2016 2:38:00 PM

This palette really reminds me of the naked palettes. The only difference is the pigmentation. You don't really see it, unless you use a lot of eyeshadow. It fades really quick.