Zoeva 102 Silk Finish

102 Silk Finish

4.7

on 1/19/2018 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Excellent brush. I use this for applying sunscreen or powder foundation.
Very soft & densely packed so it's a little challenging to wash & dry.
Weight & length of the handle is good, and is well balanced.
I have had this brush for over 5 years and it's holding up very well. The embossing is still in tact.
Well worth the investment ^.^

80% brushes in my collection are from Zoeva. I adore them- have two Rose Golden sets, this brush was included in one of them. While I enjoy using Face Shape brush which has the exact same shape but is smaller, this one isn't my favorite. Maybe because if I use a foundation brush I usually pick flat top/ stippling ones. But also, this brush leaves legit stripes on my face. I'm left handed but can do makeup with both, been into makeup for over 10 years so I don't think it's the lack of skill. No matter how long I blend, I don't achieve seamless finish, the brush seems to take foundation off my face and decreases the coverage. I tried it with 10+ foundations and always with the same result.

HOWEVER- I've found a good use for it- it works great with powder / mineral foundation- you can build up the coverage, and the finish is beautiful. But I don't use powder foundations often so it's my least used of all Zoeva face brushes.
My brush is 5 years old and still as great quality as it was when I bought it. It didn't and doesn't shed at all, still in perfect shape. Just as the rest of Zoeva brushes- amazing quality.

on 6/1/2017 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This brush is truly the cream of the crop when it comes down to applying and blending foundation! It's magical. Normally I prefer to use a damp Beauty Blender to apply my foundation since I have dry skin, but somehow this brush has never microexfoliated to undesirable skin texture at all. If I had to pick just one brush to apply foundation with for the rest of my life, this is it.

I love this brush so much because not only does it give my skin a very polished look, but it also applies foundation like a dream. I love how this brush works across a wide range of different viscosities, while some brushes tend to only work best within a certain range. This spreads the foundation like butter with zero streaking and it blends in very quickly too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this brush! I got it as part of the Vegan face set, which proves to be better value for money than buying brushes separately.
I use it daily to buff in my foundation.
The bristles are densely packed but still feel very soft on the face. As I said, I got this in the vegan set, which means it's obviously cruelty free too. Its always nice to consider our little furry friends! :)
It blends in cream, liquid and powder foundations flawlessly, leaving a lovely almost airbrushed finish.
(I'm a liquid foundation user personally, but this brush works with all foundation types)
For the high quality, the price point is amazing and it works out even better value buying it as part of one of the sets like I did!

It's also relatively easy to clean. Being densely packed, and because I use it every day, it is the brush that gets the grubbiest out of all of them, but it cleans up well with baby shampoo, brush cleanser and a good rinse.

Overall I'd highly recommend it!

on 3/20/2016 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought it to use with my mmu and my cc cream sunscreen. hair is so soft and dense (but less density compared with Real Techniques Expert Face brush) It is quite hard to wash off but I love using it with my cc cream. I tap in short strokes and the result is pretty good. Its handle is strong and firm. I recommend this brush for you. Totally love it!!!

on 10/1/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It is a well made brush, It blends the liquid foundation beautifully just like the Real Techniques Buffing brush but I have to wash with brush soap at least 2-3 times before I could completely remove the stain, The Real techniques buffing brush is easily to wash in this aspect, once is enough.

on 5/24/2015 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I really love this. It's probably the best buffing brush I've used. Applies liquid foundation seamlessly. And it's much more affordable than many brushes out there!

on 4/24/2015 7:42:00 AM

a perfect brush for applying liquid foundation,it reminds me the bobbi brown one which called....sorry,i forgot..but they look almost the same shape,and i think the zoeva brush is more softer than bobbi brown and cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

By far my favorite buffing style found action brush (and I have tried many from different brands - shiseido, sigma, hakuhodo, esprique, models prefer etc).

It's soft and not at all scratchy (unlike many other brands) when I use it to buff in liquid or cream foundations. It's also sufficiently dense to get a smooth, even finish but has enough give that it moves easily across the face.

My go-to used to be the sigma F82 (the rounded buffing brush which is similar in shape but a little more dense). That is a great brush but a little more expensive and doesn't feel as nice on the skin

I've already bought two backups to have in rotation and am planning on getting rid of/giving away my other buffing brushes!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this brush from the classic face set and its one of my favourite brushes. In fact the whole brush set is very worth the price I paid which is about 38 Euros due to a discount and a few of the brushes are my HG brushes.

I love using this to apply my shiseido sun protection foundation which is very watery and hard to blend as it sets quickly. This brush blends the foundation seamlessly into my skin to perfection. Hey who needs the beauty blender when you have this! This brush is a very good investment!

Popular Makeup Brushes