3.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

13 years ago

This is the first self-tanner I actually had TO WASH OFF!!! It stunk to high heavens. Like copper doorknobs or old dirty pennies or something. Whatever it was, it just stunk. I was left with a subtle tan after I washed it off but it was still quite streaky and orangey. The stench lingers throughout the house too .. ughhh. NEVER again!!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesGreen

13 years ago

I love Coppertone Endless Summer! I've used this product for about 5 years, and I [still] love it. My results have always been impressive and desirable. Seasons after seasons I have received tons of compliments, and converted many friends to the secret behind my 'tan'... Its only vice is that the smell is unpleasant. I take my time, and massage the product into my skin by dividing my limbs into invisible sections. I start with my ankles, blending up to mid-calf. From mid calf to knees; and so forth. Go easy around the elbows, and blend shallowly down to your feet. Keep in mind the way your skin naturally tans. You never are sunburnt on the bottom of your feet, for instance. Don't forget to wash your hands afterwards, and scrub in between your fingers! =)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

13 years ago

Endless Summer blows all the other self-tanners I have used away in the quality of the color. After I used it my brother asked me why my arm was sunburnt when I hadn't been in the sun. This product gives you a deep red/brown/golden glow that is so natural and gorgeous. The only problem is that some comes off in the first hour after your put it on, so be careful.

SkinVery Dry

HairBrown

14 years ago

I love the results of this product, but...... it takes sooooooo long to dry! I put it on in the evening after I shower and sit around in my old bikini bottoms and a tshirt waiting for it to dry properly. I sit on a beach towel draped over the recliner too. By letting it dry about 45 minutes, I haven't had any staining on my pjs or sheets. I use that time to read, do my nails etc. This would NOT be the product to use in the morning or if you are in a hurry. I love the fact that I can check the results after about 30 minutes and see if I messed up anywhere. I should note that I only use this on my legs. As for the smell, I don't notice it after it dries unlike other products I've tried - i.e Jergens. I buy this every summer and have always been pleased.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I gave this a 4 even though it STINKS because it's honestly the best self tanner I've used - and being as pale as pale gets, I've used alot. The color I get from this is the color of a true tan - not orange at all and not even "golden" really. It leaves me with more of a deep reddish beige tint that makes my skin look like it really did spend some time basking in the sun. I'm not even sure if I prefer mystic tan. Mystic tan is easier, quicker and doesn't smell nearly as rancid but I love the color that this product leaves my skin enough to put up with the drying time and horrid smell. If the smell wasn't so repulsive, I'd have given it a 5.

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

14 years ago

color wasn't so bad, BUT it stained my towels and my clothing. I don't think it works for warm weather since you sweat alot and chances are, you're going to end up with stained collars.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

from

15 years ago

Wow, I'm floored by how many people hate this stuff. Personally, I love it! I have used every self-tanner out there (Savage Bronze, St. Tropez, Banana Boat, Lancaster, Neutrogena, Estee Lauder, Clarins, Lancome, etc) and find this self tanner to be right up there at the top! (NOTE: I'm assuming that we're referring to the dual-chamber Endless Summer that comes in a bronze bottle.) I have already somewhat tanned skin so I used the Medium/Dark, thinking it wouldn't be dark enough. Wrong. It was plenty dark, lasted for days, and faded gradually. No streaking at all with me. Maybe the trick is to blend, blend, and blend some more. In any event, I wish I had bought a ton more of this stuff when I was in the States because you can't buy it where I live. Will definitely purchase again next year!

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

15 years ago

I've used several self-tanners & even gone and had myself 'airbrushed' (at the cost of almost $35/£25) but nothing I've used compares to this. I think this is the best sunless tanning product out there (well, when compared to the products I've used!). I use the light/medium shade (if you're fair, do not attempt to use dark in hopes of achieving a darker tan -- this is how people end up looking orange!) and I have a nice, even light to medium tan. My skin is already in better condition & it's great that it's oil free. Fades evenly, just like a natural tan. This product is like the real thing ! I used the endless summer lotion not foam.

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

3.0

15 years ago

Pros: nice dark color in 30 minutes. I wasn't overwhelmed by the scent, didn't really even notice it. Cons: streaky streaky streaky - even with careful application this stuff is treacherous. It tends to rub off on clothing even when I think it's dry. This is OK when you are desperate for some quick color and/or to prolong a natural tan because the streakiness doesn't show up when you already have a bit of color.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0
from

15 years ago

I've been a constant user of self tanners since i was 15 (i am 23) and this happends to be one of the stinkiest st's ever, it stained my pj's forever and i smelled weird for days!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm