CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

Filtered by age: 19-24
CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15
Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15Perfection Lumiere Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup SPF15

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5%, Titanium Dioxide 3.1% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Hydrogenated, Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Alcohol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Celluslose, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Stearakonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance, Talc, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lysine, Timethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, BHT, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydrated Silica (may contain) Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 5/27/2018 5:16:00 PM

SO GOOD. So SO good. I have nothing else to say but SUBLIME. And I have VERY finicky VERY cystic acne-prone skin.

on 8/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

I love that this foundation is lightweight, but me having acne i can build it up to be quite covering, looks like skin once on.. the only thing that my nose got oily :/ but thats after not touching up face for 9 hours or more... really a nice foundation

on 7/18/2017 3:59:00 PM

Absolute perfection in a bottle. Covers everything I need to, matches me perfectly, natural as hell. You can't see I'm wearing foundation but it still looks like I have perfect skin. Satin finish, light-medium coverage, worth the pricetag. Have tried a lot of high-end (along with mid-end and drug-store) in search for my HG but nothing comes close to this. Will forever repurchase

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love love love this foundation. my friend recommend it to me and I've been using it ever since. This is my first chanel product and it got me hooked to the brand.
I wear make up on daily bases and prefer natural looks. This foundation is lightweight -since it is water based and is what it claim to be with the velvety finish. I have combination/oily skin and this gives me a really healthy dewy look with glows without making me really oily. thou it is not high coverage- light to medium but with some concealer it's alright. Good for all ages me and my mom use it
Wish they'll change the packaging to something more fancy after all it is Chanel. but with the sqaure-ish packaging it is easy for travel light weight plastic bottle.
Highly recommend this

on 2/11/2017 9:00:00 AM

After experiencing an awful break out when using Estée Lauder Double Wear, and finally getting my skin under control with a prescribed cream, I treated myself to this as I was intrigued by the water-based formula and hoped it wouldn't cause another reaction due to the lack of silicones in the ingredients. I had never had any skin issues (not even teenage/hormonal skin) prior to using ELDW so was still slightly apprehensive about using this after spending months getting my skin better, but there was no cause for concern. The light weight formula and barely there finish is absolutely perfect for my skin and hasn't caused any breakouts.

It gives an immediate matte finish once applied (must do so quickly or else it will dry before being blended) and isn't heavy or cakey as some foundations can be. I find applying it with a foundation brush (or even my fingers) gives a wonderful finish. It does cling to any dry patches, so a good moisturising routine is required and I wouldn't recommend this to somebody with dry skin, but I have combination to oily skin so it's just right. If I have had it on all day, there will be some shine on my forehead but not like an oil slick; it's almost like a healthy sort of glow. Once on, it gives a wonderful, velvety smooth finish (hence the name, I imagine!) The foundation does have a scent to it; it isn't unpleasant and once the foundation is on, I find the scent dissipates quite quickly. I have never worn this and found myself being able to smell it on my face.

I have had many compliments on this foundation. I've been told I have 'mastered the no makeup-makeup look' as it is so light weight and 30 Beige is the perfect colour match for my skin tone.

Today I bought my second bottle (in 30 Beige again) and compared the colour between the fresh bottle and my old bottle (which had lasted me a year) and was pleased to find that the old foundation had not changed in colour at all from the time of purchase to the time of running out, a year later which I have found some foundations can do.

The bottle isn't the prettiest of Chanel's products but it still looks nice and sleek. I like that it is a light-weight plastic and so is easy to travel with. The tiny bottle doesn't look like much, considering it costs £34, but there is plenty of product in there and it lasted me a year with quite frequent use. I like how the bottle can be squeezed to control how much product is released, as bottles with no pump etc. (here's looking at you, double wear) can lead to wastage.

Overall, I would say this is good value for money as I have no issues with this foundation. I have given it 4/5 for packaging purely because some other Chanel foundations have a much nicer appearance than this. I have given it a 4/5 overall purely because it can cling to any dry patches but I find applying moisturiser prior to application can help prevent this.

I really do love this foundation. The colour range could be considered limited, but I found the perfect match for me, and the light weight, matte formula may not be suitable for all skin types. I would recommend this to people with combination to oily skin as it does mattify skin without making it look dull, but could make dry skin look overly dry.

on 11/20/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To bad it hasn't pump... sometimes i pour too much :( so far the foundation looks pretty, but since I've try dior forever and estee lauder double wear, i think both of them is better that chanel... it doesn't drying my skin even it's raining season in my city, the coverage is medium when I put it for the first time, can be buildable

on 10/19/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love this foundation! Gives great coverage, while remaining light. Has a good amount of SPF and makes for a quick and easy makeup routine. Could live without the scent - but thats to expect with Chanel.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have an oily skin and its hard for me to find a foundation that wouldn't break me off.
So I always nervous everytime I try a new foundation or make up lol.
But this foundation suits me.
I really do love this foundation and I love how it makes my skin look. It leaves a really nice matte slash satin finish.
It also softens the look texture on my skin and it dry very quickly.
And it fit my skin tone perfectly.
The packaging also so elegant with the black color.
I would recommend this to a must have fondation and I'll definitely will buy it again.
It totally worth the price!!

i have the perfection lumiere, but where I work under bright lights I wanted to give the matte version a try to see if it lasts longer with out having to touch up any shine.

The bottle isn't the usual Chanel standard you would expect as its black and plastic but great for traveling or putting in your bag and you don't have to worry about opening up and seeing the dreaded smashed bottle.

The smell of this foundation is amazing, it goes on so smooth and feels amazing on the skin. I did have to go lighter in this foundation, I got 20 where as in the perfection lumiere I get the 30 beige.
This last all day for me and give a good coverage and everything else sits nicely on top. This doesn't slide of my face either like I have found some foundation do, it stays in place all day.
Even though it's a different shade to the other it still is a perfect match.

I try a lot of foundations and this one is one of my favourites the other being Armani lasting silk.

on 4/16/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most beautiful foundation I have ever owned!
I have combination skin (oily t zone and dry everywhere else), so was recommended this at the chanel counter rather than the aqua lumiere which is more suited to all over dry skin. I was a little wary as I was told that this has a matte finish which I don't really like but I thought I would give it a go anyway.
It glides on to skin beautifully and you can barely even feel it, (it is suggested by chanel to use fingers to apply but I didn't like this so I used a real techniques brush which worked perfectly fine). I only used a tiny amount and was able to cover my entire face, despite feeling very lightweight, it has really good coverage. I don't have any scarring or acne so i'm not sure how good it would be at covering that, but I do have discolouration, red patches and dry flaky areas, all of which this covered beautifully without clinging to or accentuating any problem areas.
It lasted all day!! I've never found a lightweight foundation that hasn't slid off my face within a couple of hours, but this lasted all day outside which for me is just a bonus as I'm used to having to reapply foundation. It also didn't go even a tiny bit cakey, didn't settle into any fine lines and didn't oxidise at all - all the problems I usually have with other foundations.
I found that the finish wasn't matte at all, it was more satin like, not quite dewy but certainly not matte - which is perfect for me as I find matte finishes make my skin look very dry and dull.
The price point is high, but for something that will be on my face every day, I think it's worth every single penny and I hope it's never discontinued. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for their HG foundation.
Also - if you want to try it first - the chanel counters that I went to were all more than happy to give me multiple samples to try over a week to make sure that it worked for my skin before I bought it.