3.8

price range

Reviews

3.0

5 months ago

Another disappointment. I bought this after seeing how great it looked on my friend but it failed me. Pros: Nice packaging Looks good for about 30 minutes Cons: Looks terrible after 30 minutes My skin is not super oily but I feel that this made it oilier It transfers like crazy Irritates me a bit

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGray

7 months ago

I've have owned this foundation for awhile and repurchased it once. This is a very elegant and beautiful foundation. I am also turning 40 soon and I noticed that this is really good for someone who's skin is showing signs of aging (i.e. fine lines and spots). It really blurs the skin beautifully and I could surmise that's the reason why Angie like this so much. I am also on Retin A and it doesn't accentuate my dry flaky skin. Unfortunately, it is not as long wearing as I want it to be as I find myself blotting around the 3 hour mark. However, with a bit of powder it looks fresh again. I also believe that they have reformulated this and came out with a newer long wearing version. I cannot wait to try that! For reference, I am between NC20 - 25 and shade 20 beige works for me. I hope this review helps!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

8 months ago

I'm 55 med olive with combo skin (a bit oily on the T zone area) Had to give this foundation a try after watching a hot and flashy video. I so wanted to love this foundation but found it wore off in a short few hours and left me a bit greasy. It applied well and left a great velvet finish and had nice coverage but left me with a redish looking nose and cheeks within three hours.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

9 months ago

I've been wearing this all week just to make sure to give it a fair shot. It's just too dry and matte for my skin. I prefer a "glowing" complexion. Pretty much anything with "glow" in the name catches my eye. This may be a better fit for oily skin

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

10 months ago

I have oily skin, large pores on my nose but no acne scars. I don't like full coverage, especially in the summer as my skin gets oilier. This is the perfect lightweight fluid that lasts me for hours during the day. Of course, I use primer, setting powder and sometimes setting spray and I need to blot after a 5-6 hours but the fluid itself is very good. I found out also that I like more the application with a beauty blender, rather than with a brush. It is pricey, but a little goes a long way.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I am going against the grain here. However, I can see why some people will LOVE this foundation. Due to hormonal changes and age, my skin went from combo oily to pretty dry. My somewhat HG foundation has been Shiesdo synchro skin but I have always had to add a little creaminess to the foundation with Borjouis because I started to notice that my skin was further being dried out by synchro skin alone. However, my last purchase of the Borjouis healthy mix was awful and I realized they changed their formula. Boo. I am obsessed with recommendations from Hot n'flashy and this is her go to foundation. She does mention that this may not be suitable for dry skin and she is right. I tried the color 30 for my NC 25 to 30 (on the neutral side) skin. At first, the match looked PERFECT. But by the time I got to work, it started to oxidize badly. This foundation is NOT for dry skin. While it looked like perfection from far away, up close you could see EVERY pore which normally is not noticeable on me. Another thing I don't like is the fact that you can't really conceal over this foundation. IT would let you blend and that has never been a problem for me. I tried to give it another shot by mixing it with my Shiesdo and it was definitively better but still not worth the price tag. If you have normal to combo to oily skin and need medium coverage and can find a shade that works, I would say go for it. But if you're like me where you need buildable coverage, have dry skin and need to conceal, I would steer clear. I may try the aqua in this but am afraid there won't be a color match as the 30 in that version seemed really orange-y.

About reviewer (160 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

a year ago

I love this foundation! I have to admit it took a long time to find a foundation I didn’t feel was “cakey” or “fakey” and have looooved this as well as the Aqua one. I am Beige 10. Like straight out of the bottle it’s my face. Few tips: Use a wet beauty blender. Do a LIGHT application- like half of what you would think and work it around. You may find you don’t need anymore. It’s not full coverage but some how it makes my face look like a face without make up. My husband thought I stopped wearing foundation! I like to mix this half with my SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SpF. I just put both on the back of my hand and dot to mix and apply. It goes on seamlessly, blends out beautifully and lasts all day. I don’t use a primer. I don’t use powder. I DO use the Chanel Concealer in Beige 10 and THAT is a trick to get the hang of. Use LESS. No joke. It’s not meant to be caked on. Use LESS concealer of Chanel and you may love it:) I rotate between this and the Aqua depending on my face. (if I have heavily exfoliated and my face will be more dewy- I use this). (if it’s a normal day I use the Aqua one) love both the same. Both mixed with my SpF. Love Love.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

I don’t like the fragrance but must say that the coverage is good and velvety. It isn’t oily so I good give it a 4.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

from

a year ago

I purchased this almost a year ago, and it went to the back of my foundation drawer for awhile. I pulled it out again a few weeks ago and finding I like this quite a lot. There is a bit of a learning curve with this...your face needs to be recently exfoliated and lightly moisturized. I find too little or too much moisture throws this off a bit...but, when I get that right, the finish is pretty spectacular. As I am getting older, foundations have become a real challenge. Most formulas feel too thick and sit in pores and lines. This feels like a dream! It's so soft and extremely lightweight...and gives a nice medium coverage without looking heavy. I also find it applies and wears better without a primer, which is ok as I really don't like primers. My skin wants to breath and the less layers I have on, the better. I find its best applied with the fingers...which is great for me...I really dislike brushes and sponges...I feel my clean hands are the way to go. It blends quickly, but it's very forgiving. I can get a solid 6 hours from this, without retouching. But, even with long wear foundations, a little touchup is needed at the 5-6 hour mark. Even when this wears off, it doesn't look awful...it just kind of fades. I simply blot and add a little more were needed. I love the packaging...it's so great to travel with. The only drawback is you can't see how much is left. The scent...it's pretty strong, and I sometimes wish it wasn't in there...but, so far, it hasn't irritated my skin. I find myself reaching for this everyday, pairing it with the Chanel Soleil Tan...it's very easy to apply and my look is so polished.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

a year ago

Got a free sample of this which was lovely, however the retail price is prohibitive for me. In any case shade #30 was also too dark. Smooth and easy to apply and a gorgeous finish that minimizes pores, fine lines and surface flaws. Retails for $50.

About reviewer (2453 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool