Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/4/2017 2:26:00 AM

I never planned on buying this product because I wanted to get the hourglass stick foundation. Since hourglass isn't available in my country, I gave it a thought that I should give this a try as to see whether stick foundation works on me or not. To be honest I was a little bit scared after reading some reviews about how this foundation kind of gives a cakey feeling and even cause breakouts in some cases. Add to that was the fact that I had to buy one shade lighter because they ran out of stock for my shade.

The foundation is in stick (for an obvious reason). I believe it comes in 15 shades which is quite a lot, so there is something for everyone. I apply directly out of the bullet into my face. I did half face with beauty blender and half face with buffing brush. I personally feel that buffing brush creates more universal look. I did not see how this foundation gives you a full coverage. I applied the foundation generously and felt that it gives me a sheer towards medium coverage. I tried to build it up and it gives an extra coverage but not as much as I would hope for. It is not hydrating but definitely light weight. I like how I am able to squeeze 6 hours of this foundation. I never had to do touch up or blot my face and after 6 hours the foundation is still intact and true to color.

It really paid of trying out this one.

on 6/25/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I generally have normal to dry skin, and I did not have problems with this stick foundation. My morning make up routine is so easy with this product- a streak here, here and there, and blend. I've tried other products since and I've returned to BB. Although, I have never found any Bobbi Brown representatives helpful in color matching.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stick foundation is a good one, but it isn't for me.
The coverage is way heavier than I like it to be. I'm not a full coverage foundation gal and I can't blend it enough to achieve the sheer level I like.
It also transfers everywhere even if I set it with powder. It gets all over my phone. If I somehow touch my face and touch a keyboard or my desk afterward there would be a dirty makeup traces all over. I find it quite embarrassing to have my desk in makeup finger prints. Won't repurchase, won't recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this stick. Like a lot of women with darker skin my forehead is naturally darker then my cheeks and face. I use this in shade 4.0 natural on my face and 4.75 blended on the forehead area. Easy to use, long lasting and i can build the coverage how I like. I always travel with these love Bobbi!

on 5/26/2017 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stick. I have fine, dry skin and this suited me perfectly. The colour selection as always is great. I am NC30/35 and wear natural 4.

on 3/31/2017 4:35:00 AM

When the sales person tried this stick on my face, I thought it looked really good as it gave me full coverage. For the first few weeks that I used it, I was happy with it. However, now I find it a bit hard to use on my dry skin as I don't want to irritate my skin further by dragging this stick across it. It's also not that easy to blend. Furthermore, because I have acne, I need to use quite a bit to cover my blemishes, which ends up making my face look quite cakey :/

I don't find myself reaching for it very often anymore which is unfortunate given its hefty price tag. Maybe I should just stay away from stick foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the way this product makes my skin look. I have oily skin. I can see how this wont work for dry skin because you do have to drag it over your skin (which goes easier with a bit of natural oil). Sadly, this made me break out really bad. Its probably the Shea butter in it but now I can throw it away... (my shops dont accept returns..)

This is one of those products I can't quite make sense of. It seems to get good reviews from others but it just doesn't work on me. It is pretty much the same consistency and texture as the Bobbi Brown concealer and it only ever looks patchy on me no matter what I do. It sticks to every pore and imperfection and highlights them rather than hides them. I use mine as a concealer now because no matter what combination of other products I try to use with this it's starts out looking bad and only gets worse. It's a shame because it would be a handy products if it didn't and the packaging is nice and sleek.

on 3/1/2017 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stick. If you apply too much it comes out cakey but for a light day use it works really well for me

on 2/16/2017 10:53:00 AM

It doesn't work for me. I've tried all possible form of applications. Gets into my pores, looks patchy, heavy and shows flaking skin even if it is not visible without the foundation.
My biggest problem with this product that my skin looks lifeless and matte, very artificial, and I MUST apply bronzer + blush + highlight to look alive again. Also, it is enough to wipe my nose once and all the foundation transfers to the tissue. :)
The only way it works slightly better is to smear it on a buffing brush. This way I can apply it more lightly. This is enough to tone down my redness a bit but doesn't cover it perfectly and it disappears in patches from my skin after 2-3 hours. I've been struggling with this foundation about a year now and decided to get rid of it.

(I'm 47, have ok skin, not so tight anymore, have some redness, some pores around my nose. I get a bit oily around my nose in warm weather otherwise I have normal, slightly dehydrated skin.)

Update: I discovered it can work as a tinted moisturiser: I smudge the foundation on the back of my hand and mix it with my moisturiser. I apply it on my face with my fingers. It looks quite smooth on my skin and doesn't sit in my pores. Still no staying power on my nose and it is too sheer to cover my redness but hey-ho, at least I can use it up this way, but definitely won't repurchase it! Ever!