Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/31/2017 4:35:00 AM

When the sales person tried this stick on my face, I thought it looked really good as it gave me full coverage. For the first few weeks that I used it, I was happy with it. However, now I find it a bit hard to use on my dry skin as I don't want to irritate my skin further by dragging this stick across it. It's also not that easy to blend. Furthermore, because I have acne, I need to use quite a bit to cover my blemishes, which ends up making my face look quite cakey :/

I don't find myself reaching for it very often anymore which is unfortunate given its hefty price tag. Maybe I should just stay away from stick foundations.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love the way this product makes my skin look. I have oily skin. I can see how this wont work for dry skin because you do have to drag it over your skin (which goes easier with a bit of natural oil). Sadly, this made me break out really bad. Its probably the Shea butter in it but now I can throw it away... (my shops dont accept returns..)

This is one of those products I can't quite make sense of. It seems to get good reviews from others but it just doesn't work on me. It is pretty much the same consistency and texture as the Bobbi Brown concealer and it only ever looks patchy on me no matter what I do. It sticks to every pore and imperfection and highlights them rather than hides them. I use mine as a concealer now because no matter what combination of other products I try to use with this it's starts out looking bad and only gets worse. It's a shame because it would be a handy products if it didn't and the packaging is nice and sleek.

on 3/1/2017 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Love this stick. If you apply too much it comes out cakey but for a light day use it works really well for me

on 2/16/2017 10:53:00 AM

It doesn't work for me. I've tried all possible form of applications. Gets into my pores, looks patchy, heavy and shows flaking skin even if it is not visible without the foundation.
My biggest problem with this product that my skin looks lifeless and matte, very artificial, and I MUST apply bronzer + blush + highlight to look alive again. Also, it is enough to wipe my nose once and all the foundation transfers to the tissue. :)
The only way it works slightly better is to smear it on a buffing brush. This way I can apply it more lightly. This is enough to tone down my redness a bit but doesn't cover it perfectly and it disappears in patches from my skin after 2-3 hours. I've been struggling with this foundation about a year now and decided to get rid of it.

(I'm 47, have ok skin, not so tight anymore, have some redness, some pores around my nose. I get a bit oily around my nose in warm weather otherwise I have normal, slightly dehydrated skin.)

Update: I discovered it can work as a tinted moisturiser: I smudge the foundation on the back of my hand and mix it with my moisturiser. I apply it on my face with my fingers. It looks quite smooth on my skin and doesn't sit in my pores. Still no staying power on my nose and it is too sheer to cover my redness but hey-ho, at least I can use it up this way, but definitely won't repurchase it! Ever!

on 1/23/2017 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

no from me- from a girl with oily skin this sets into your pores and feels extremely icky, unfo i wanted to like this product

on 1/21/2017 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Alone or with my regular moisturizer, this product looks oily and slides right off my face. However, combined with one of her face creams, it looks great. Nearly perfect, in fact. I took off one lippie because I must spend an extra 58 dollars on one of her face creams in order to make this work. For reference, the ones that work on my skin type are the Hydrating Face Cream and the Vitamin Enriched Face Base. My skin is acne-prone and fluctuates between oily and dry, depending on the time of the year. It's worth mentioning that the color selection on this product is excellent as well. I wear Warm Beige 3.5 in this formula, which is equivalent to MAC NC30/35 and Chanel Beige 30. This foundation is perfect for people who, like me, want to look polished but don't have a lot of time or patience in the morning. Good stuff!

on 1/13/2017 3:46:00 PM

I finally found out what happened to Cool Beige 3.25! Apparently, the Beige designation made people think it was darker than it really is, so they changed the name to Cool Ivory 1.25 and shifted it down. Same shade, though! And it's perfect for me, as an approximate NW20 who has struggled with Bobbi Brown Sand variations.

Not sure how it's going to work out, texture-wise. I had tried it (in the wrong shade) last summer, and unlike the previous version, it was greasy and never seemed to set. But now in January I'm hoping for better results.

UPDATE: Alas, this didn't work for me. It's weird how the older formula didn't seem to cause breakouts but this one does. I'm sad to see they're discontinuing the Face Touch-Up Stick as well. That's another "creamy" formula that never caused a problem for me.

on 1/9/2017 1:37:00 AM

I really wanted to like this because I've seen so many positive reviews but I was disappointed. I found it to be greasy looking on my combination skin, the color oxidized, and the coverage was patchy and heavy looking.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I have oily/combo skin and I've been using her foundation stick prior to the reformulation and after. The new formula is much more oily skin friendly than the old formula which would turn me into an oil slick. I can wear it year round and not look a hot mess. The two shades I rotate between based on summer/winter is always spot on matches and I never have issues with it breaking me out. I've lost count on how many times I've bought this foundation stick but I certainly hope it's not discontinued.