Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/24/2018 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this stick partly because of the legendary status and partly because I needed something to carry in my bag for touch ups in the middle of the work day or if heading for drinks afterwards. In this department it's an absolute winner; spreads easily, doesn't cake layered over other foundations, got a great color match and overall the finish mimics natural akin perfectly. Also the packaging couldn't be more convenient.

On to the not so positive though, I'm not sure if it would stand alone as foundation. If you have normal skin and need minimal coverage I imaging this being amazing. Alas I need some oil control and have to build it up which is a bit bothersome. Also the price... ouch!

Still I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The shades range is perfect. I was able to find my shade, that is warm natural. However, it is somehow thick, not easily blended, fades away quickly, and looks very cakey and unnatural. A drawback of foundation sticks is that dirt (hair, etc.) from your face gets stuck on the stick even if you wash your face.

This stick goes on nice and creamy, the coverage is buildable with a concealer brush on small areas if needed. The overall look after setting with powder is not a flat matte, it has a nice subtle glow to the skin. My trick for oily skin girls to keep their makeup looking fresh and oil-free looking is to set it with organic arrowroot flour. It goes on like a HD powder, super smooth and flawless, and never cakey. Use a big fluffy brush. The next step will be to set it again with a colored pressed powder or loose powder to bring back the natural shade of your complexion. This step allows all my foundation to stay fresh and oil-free the whole day in humid Singapore. The rest of my make up also stay nice and fresh. Overall, the stick foundation is easy to use, coverage is bulidable and not drying or oily.

on 3/8/2018 7:15:00 AM

Bobbi Brown is the only makeup that has a shade which matches me perfectly, I wear sand 02. I’ve tried both their old and new version of Long-Wear foundation, both were nice and very wearable but neither looked natural enough for my taste but this foundation stick is lovely. Buildable coverage, comfortable and natural looking. I use hourglass mineral primer underneath and bare minerals veil over the top and it looks great and lasts all day. Would definitely buy again.

on 1/13/2018 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Recently pulled this from the back of the makeup drawer. At my age coverage is to heavy caked this thick. I will use as spot concealer for the odd red bump. I tried a few different applications damp beauty blender, foundation brush not pretty. Very drying and shows eye lines nicely.

As a self-professed makeup connoisseur I felt slightly ashamed that I had never tried this before. Apparently its been around for a long time and was Bobbi Brown's first foray into foundations thus acquiring something of a cult status in the beauty community. Stick foundations aren't really my "thing" but I was attracted to the convenience factor for a quick makeup application. Swipe a stick over your face, blend it out and your foundation is done in 5 minutes? Sounds great. Not to mention the Sephora website boasting a skin-mimicking finish with versatile coverage and 30 perfectly calibrated skin-true shades. Seemed like a far cry from the Pan Stik formulas from back in the day. So I trundled down to the shop and purchased the Skin Foundation Stick and the new Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation in the shade Porcelain. So long story short I really wanted this to be a new staple for me and I put in due diligence to make it work i.e different moisturizers, primers, setting powders. Unfortunately no matter what I did this wore unattractively in the t-zone area every.single.time

PROS
- Sleek and classy packaging. Looks expensive (good because it is expensive)
- Can be carried around for touch-ups, good for travel etc
- Comprehensive shade range with realistic undertones
- Applies somewhat easily but still requires a fair amount of blending with a buffing brush
- Beautiful demi-matte finish that looks like natural skin. Not greasy or heavy looking
- Good for beginners

CONS
- EXPENSIVE AF
- Looks lovely when first applied but wears off in a strange way i.e loses coverage in the t-zone and goes patchy and cakey
- Can grab onto flakes even after exfoliation and moisturizer
- Wouldn't say its much quicker than applying liquid if you are someone who is used to applying foundation and can get in done in 5 mins

I didn’t like it whatsoever. I wanted to love it, I really did but I just couldn’t. It sat on my face like clay and maximized my pores. It wasn’t very blendable and sticky.

on 12/12/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation! I'm normally a devoted fan of liquid (specifically MUFE Water Blend) but I wanted something portable for travel. I tried the Hourglass Vanish stick, which is waaaaaay too yellow for my neutral/cool skin, and I almost bought MUFE HD Stick, but I couldn't get samples...I found samples of this BB stick on eBay and I was off to the races -- I picked up Cool Sand 2.5, which is an excellent match for my NW20 skin. To repeat, I love this foundation. It's SO easy to apply -- I just swipe it on and blend (I use my HG foundation brush, MAC 170), then I buff PF mineral powder on top and then use setting spray to soften the look. This foundation gives low-medium coverage which is perfect for me -- my freckles shine through and I feel like my skin looks really natural and pretty. Lasting power is above-average: it looks pretty good after 10 hours of wear, and it's easy to do a touch-up. I haven't had any skin issues from this product (but I'm not acne-prone), and did I mention how easy it was to use and travel with? It's also perfect for those times you just need to slap makeup on and be out the door...like when you hit snooze four times and it's 7:15 and oh sh*# I need to get ready for work! Hahaha. I will definitely repurchase this...although the stick seems huge and I don't use a lot so I hope it lasts a long time. Retails for $46 at Sephora, and is well worth it, IMHO.

I became a foundation wearer thanks to buying this for the first time last year. I was actually planning on buying another Bobbi Brown foundation but they only had the foundation stick in my shade, so I opted for the foundation stick. I really enjoyed the fact you can use it very sparingly, only on the areas you need (for me, the reddishness in the t-zone) and I found a shade that perfectly suited my skin tone (2.25), so it blends in nicely with the rest of my face.

I typically use it on my nose, chin and forehead just above my eyebrows, and blend it out with a Shiseido foundation brush (which is very similar to the Bobbi Brown foundation brush but significantly cheaper). It blends to a powdery, natural looking finish. I sometimes use a light powder over it since my combination skin does tend to get oily around the nose. It wears nicely throughout the day.

Because I only use it for the areas needed, and I don't have to go "full face" every time I use it, I find you can get a very long use out of it. The price is high, and I would love to find a cheaper dupe that matched perfectly in both tone, texture and finish, but right now this product it very much worth re-purchasing for me. Some days I still go without foundation, but the days when I want to even out my skin tone and look "perfected", this really is a great go to product.

on 11/27/2017 3:43:00 PM

I've been using this product for several years now and I really find it great, it goes on smoothly and it's easy to apply to the areas that need it without doing your whole face, especially if you just need a quick fix. Most of the time I dab or streak it on my face then use a damp beauty blender sponge and sometimes I just use my fingers, either way works well. It lasts a lot longer that you would expect and I like that it's not in a bottle which over time becomes contaminated. I just bought new one but did happen to notice on here other companies also have foundation sticks so would maybe like to try out another brand in the future.