Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 9/17/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Sadly, this no longer works for me. I used to like this back in the day because it was creamy and the packaging is so convenient, but the updated formula doesn't cut it. It started drying out my skin and highlighting lines and texture. The only way this looks good is to use so little that there's no coverage whatsoever, but then it's drying. If I need coverage, it looks like a mess.

I always ask for advice when buying make up and this was no exception. I have combination skin, dry cheeks and quite oily T zone. As I was recommended this for my skin type I was very disappointed it not only went shiny on my Tzone but also brought me out in quite alot of spots. I tried it a number of times and each time this happened. When I next went to look at some BB product I mentioned this to the lady who said it was strange as it didn't contain some ingredient (which I forget now). Also the shade was to dark (I find this happens each time I go to BB). Colour aside, I personally wouldnt recommend if you're oily at all. It also seemed to gather in creases and just looked a bit patchy, probably made worse by it being to dark for my skin. This just made me feel quite greasy and grimey and glowing in all the wrong ways.

I love the idea of the stick for convenience but that was the only good thing about it for me.

on 7/7/2018 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Alright. My skin: dehydrated combination skin with hormonal acne, now mostly under control, but it does pop up every now and then. Oily T-zone, a bit of flaking on my nose (seborrheic dermatitis perhaps? Not sure), large pores on the nose and cheeks, the occasional dry patch. I have a rich and varied flora of texture, is what I'm saying. No lines to speak of yet, but that's the only kind I haven't got and it's just a matter of time, anyway.

If you have textured skin, I would not recommend this foundation. It does not look good on any kind of texture. It looks especially bad on enlarged pores, particularly if you, like me, have some redness in the same area. It pools in them, creating nice little foundation-coloured dots on my nose, which has that lovely and, I think, not uncommon combination of large pores and redness. Shows up every bit of flakiness and dryness on my face, doesn't cover acne well at all, especially not if it's raised spots. Doesn't adhere well to my nose either, which is common, to be fair. Lots of foundations don't. Even Estée Lauder Double Wear doesn't.

I can see how this could be nice on smooth, perfect, plump and hydrated skin with no pores and no flakiness, though. I have managed to make the Skin Foundation Stick look nice on me, once or twice, by applying a good pore-filling primer on scrupulously exfoliated and massively hydrated skin, then dousing my face with MAC Fix+, then applying the foundation onto my still moist skin, ever so carefully, with a damp beauty blender. Set with a light dusting of powder, then more Fix+. It can look beautiful that way, on a particularly good skin day, when the stars are aligned, the moon is ascending and everything is done just so. Not very longlasting, but beautiful and yes, very skin-like and natural-looking.

I just don't see why I would go to all that trouble to make a foundation look nice if I had great skin like that. This foundation definitely has it's fans, clearly it works for some people. But it takes too much work to make this look decent on my textured skin, and it's just not worth the hassle.

on 6/21/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Since my skin has become mature, foundations can look quite mask like. Also, the past couple of years my skin has become sensitive to a few ingredients, along with sunscreen.

This foundation goes on smoothly, really does look skin-like, and has not triggered a rash. I always use setting powder, so I don’t have a problem with it disappearing. I do have normal skin, though. It does settle in pores, unfortunately, but I don’t have a big problem with large pores. If you do, you might want to skip this one.

It comes in many shades; that said, there is not a perfect match for my nc20-ish skin. In the previous formulation of this, warm sand was a perfect match. In this version, I’d say it is one shade darker. Sand is at least one shade lighter than warm sand in this, and a little too light and yellow for me, but it settles into a decent match. Beige is also a shade lighter than warm sand, but it is peachier than Sand. Way too peachy for me. In sum, it’s a great, versatile foundation for mature skin. I’d say it provides light to medium coverage, depending on how much you use. The price is absurd.

on 6/20/2018 11:33:00 PM

I bought into the hype sadly and got this in shade 4 for my NC30 areas of my face (outer rim). Fortunately it's only my T-zone that gets oily throughout the day...nothing overboard.

This foundation did go on smoothly, was easy to spread, and color match was excellent. Unfortunately, it started to look greasy after 4 hours and this was on the outer rim of my face where I never get oily except maybe for forehead. But the foundation faded after it got greasy looking so it's definitely not long lasting.

I think this may work well for people with dry skin. But I don't know if this clings to dry patches as I had none to test it on. Honestly really disappointed as the color range is great. Sorry but this just doesn't cut it for what I was looking for, which was a long wear, satin finish.

on 5/22/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this foundation stick in Honey, but I only bought it as Bobbi Brown have discontinued the touch-up concealer stick in the same colour which I've used for years. I'm not sure the SA was correct in telling me that this is an identical product as the touch-up stick but I couldn't see a viable alternative if I wanted to continue using the same colour!

The foundation stick formula is (fortunately for all the ladies who are using this product as a foundation) thinner and less creamy compared to the touch-up concealer stick, but it can be layered to achieve a similar effect.

As a foundation, I can't help but think the formula feels very similar to the drugstore Max Factor foundation sticks that I'd used as a student. If Max Factor had a similar colour (which they don't) then I would certainly switch brands and pay 2/3rds of the price instead.

Ugh. I would like to express my disappointment over this product. I got this shade in Sand. Its a darker foundation for me but thats okay coz sometimes i dont wanna look extra pale. Oh goodness me! I hate to use this so much! It settles into my dry patches, accentuates my pores and the blendability of this product is not the best. $46 is totally not worth it. Worst!!!!

I needed a new foundation because the one I was using was discontinued. I bought this in the color warm sand good color match looks natural and has a yellow undertone which I like . It's a medium coverage no problems so far .

on 4/24/2018 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this stick partly because of the legendary status and partly because I needed something to carry in my bag for touch ups in the middle of the work day or if heading for drinks afterwards. In this department it's an absolute winner; spreads easily, doesn't cake layered over other foundations, got a great color match and overall the finish mimics natural skin perfectly. Also the packaging couldn't be more convenient.

On to the not so positive though, I'm not sure if it would stand alone as foundation. If you have normal skin and need minimal coverage I imagine this being amazing. Alas I need some oil control and have to build it up which is a bit bothersome. Also the price... ouch!

Still I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The shades range is perfect. I was able to find my shade, that is warm natural. However, it is somehow thick, not easily blended, fades away quickly, and looks very cakey and unnatural. A drawback of foundation sticks is that dirt (hair, etc.) from your face gets stuck on the stick even if you wash your face.