Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 6/26/2016 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one of my favourite foundations. It's not the easiest to work with though, so don't be discouraged if it takes a while to learn how to use it. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and then build up the coverage. I don't typically set it with powder unless it is very hot, working under studio lights, or the person's skin this is applied on is oily, but if you want it to stay on longer, it does need to be set with powder. Has a dewy/natural finish and is moderate to full coverage. Very large shade range as well, which is nice, and you can buy it in a palette with all the foundations and concealers, which is AMAZING for any MUA's kit. Not very expensive with a pro discount applied, but a bit pricey otherwise. Very very good for sensitive skin types, not so great for oily skin types unless a mattifying primer is used. Oh and you really really need to moisturise before using this because if the skin is dry, it will look slightly horrific. Fair warning, it will rub off if you touch your face and have not set it.

on 6/23/2016 1:48:00 AM

I had high hopes for this foundation! I needed a stick foundation for the days I'm rushing to get ready for work. Hearing that this is good for either oily to dry skin, I immediately purchased through the bobbi brown website. Unfortunately, It did not work for my dry skin. It is very greasy, slides around and surprisingly stuck to my dry patches and accentuated them....eeeek! At the end of the day, I had no foundation on or around my nose. Just fyi...2 stars for a perfect match...I purchased 4.25 Natural tan for my NC40 complexion and its a good match!

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a fantastic foundation that you can also use as a concealer, if you don't want to cover your whole face.

It doesn't provide heavy coverage (but this is one reason why I like it so much) but it's enough to hide most imperfections and still lets your skin look natural. I use a MAC stippling brush to blend it, but I've used my fingers to blend before and it works quite well.

My skin is oily (with the occasional dry patch) but this foundation stays on all day, even in humid weather. It's actually the only foundation I've used that stays on my skin when it's humid outside without "melting" after a few hours. It's also very convenient to bring with you in your makeup bag for touch ups, if it's necessary!

on 5/30/2016 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I thought a stick foundation would be great for touch ups during the day. Since my liquid foundation is also from Bobbi Brown I wanted to try the stick from the same brand to get the closest colour match possible.

So...this will not stay on my face. It is greasy and slides everywhere. Ironically it also gives me the worst dry patches at the same time. So after using this one or two days, I see dead skin all over my face.

I tried using it as a concealer but since it's so greasy, that doesn't work either.

The coverage is great and the colour is an amazing match, but what am I supposed to do with a foundation like that? Probably give it to a friend and hope she likes it.

on 5/30/2016 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is my first foundation that is not liquid and therefore I wasn't impressed in the beginning. It felt like it was taking me much longer to blend it really well to get a desirable result. It has a texture of a concealer and gives medium to full coverage in my opinion. However, it does look quite natural once I blend it well. Small amount of product goes a long way.

I have normal skin, not really dry, but I noticed that I prefer to use a heavier/creamier moisturizer before applying Bobbi Brown foundation for it to glide more smoothly. I am suspecting this thick consistency foundation might be really hard to work with if you have dry patches or without using a good moisturizer/primer beforehand.

I am happy with its lasting results, do not need any touch-ups throughout the day, but I must say I rarely ever do with other foundations as well.

To summarize: I like Bobbi Brown foundation stick for the days when I want a bit more coverage (not everyday) and when I have time to work with it since it's still taking me longer to apply nicely than my liquid foundations or especially BB creams. Once it's done well, it does look really beautiful.

on 5/2/2016 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Update: I do use this a lot actually. The coverage is indeed not fantastic but okay and the foundation looks very natural. The choice of colors is great, you can find a perfect match. My skin gets oily quite quickly with it but it is so handy to take along and do touch ups. That is an important reason why I like this stick. it's so handy! I have said that I wouldn't buy again, but actually I already did buy a warmer color for the summer.

-----------------------------------------

It's quite sheer, doesn't cover well. The packaging is very handy though to travel and touch up a bit. I'll use it but wouldn't buy again.

on 4/15/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Bobbi Brown! Especially Bobbi Brown stick foundation is great for people who have normal, coöbination, dry or sensitive skin. It has full coverage and does not seem like you put a mask on your face. It provides natural look and does not get cakey during the day. It has natural finish and long lasting.
However, it is not ideal for summer because it may get heavy when it is warm outside. Plus, applying small amount is fine, if you apply more it is getting heavy and seems not smooth.
The package is great! Easy to carry in the bag and easy to apply anywhere. You can cover your pimples and any color differences easily. It can be applied by fingers easily if you do not have brush or sponge with you:)

on 4/13/2016 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This more a question than a review, I am a bit confused about the names, what is the difference between a Warm Natural and a Golden Natural for example? Natural and Natural Tan I am assuming are cool and neutral undertones? I am buying online and don't have access to a counter where I live, it will help me tremendously... BB, will be great to use some numbers to help us to find a better match easier :)

So depressed that they changed the formula to include dimethicine. This was one of the last remaining high quality semi-solid products to provide buildable coverage that did not contain silicones.

on 4/6/2016 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The Bobbi Brown foundation stick is a big improvement over the old version. It is much easier to apply and it does not sink into pores or fine lines. It also lasts several hours without fading or oxidizing. I bought this foundation stick because I travel a lot and need to reduce the number of liquid stuff I have (I don't check in my bag). It is a rather expensive product, though.

I wear the shade "Natural".