Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 6/21/2018 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Since my skin has become mature, foundations can look quite mask like. Also, the past couple of years my skin has become sensitive to a few ingredients, along with sunscreen.

This foundation goes on smoothly, really does look skin-like, and has not triggered a rash. I always use setting powder, so I don’t have a problem with it disappearing. I do have normal skin, though. It does settle in pores, unfortunately, but I don’t have a big problem with large pores. If you do, you might want to skip this one.

It comes in many shades; that said, there is not a perfect match for my nc20-ish skin. In the previous formulation of this, warm sand was a perfect match. In this version, I’d say it is one shade darker. Sand is at least one shade lighter than warm sand in this, and a little too light and yellow for me, but it settles into a decent match. Beige is also a shade lighter than warm sand, but it is peachier than Sand. Way too peachy for me. In sum, it’s a great, versatile foundation for mature skin. I’d say it provides light to medium coverage, depending on how much you use. The price is absurd.

on 6/20/2018 11:33:00 PM

I bought into the hype sadly and got this in shade 4 for my NC30 areas of my face (outer rim). Fortunately it's only my T-zone that gets oily throughout the day...nothing overboard.

This foundation did go on smoothly, was easy to spread, and color match was excellent. Unfortunately, it started to look greasy after 4 hours and this was on the outer rim of my face where I never get oily except maybe for forehead. But the foundation faded after it got greasy looking so it's definitely not long lasting.

I think this may work well for people with dry skin. But I don't know if this clings to dry patches as I had none to test it on. Honestly really disappointed as the color range is great. Sorry but this just doesn't cut it for what I was looking for, which was a long wear, satin finish.

on 5/22/2018 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this foundation stick in Honey, but I only bought it as Bobbi Brown have discontinued the touch-up concealer stick in the same colour which I've used for years. I'm not sure the SA was correct in telling me that this is an identical product as the touch-up stick but I couldn't see a viable alternative if I wanted to continue using the same colour!

The foundation stick formula is (fortunately for all the ladies who are using this product as a foundation) thinner and less creamy compared to the touch-up concealer stick, but it can be layered to achieve a similar effect.

As a foundation, I can't help but think the formula feels very similar to the drugstore Max Factor foundation sticks that I'd used as a student. If Max Factor had a similar colour (which they don't) then I would certainly switch brands and pay 2/3rds of the price instead.

Ugh. I would like to express my disappointment over this product. I got this shade in Sand. Its a darker foundation for me but thats okay coz sometimes i dont wanna look extra pale. Oh goodness me! I hate to use this so much! It settles into my dry patches, accentuates my pores and the blendability of this product is not the best. $46 is totally not worth it. Worst!!!!

I needed a new foundation because the one I was using was discontinued. I bought this in the color warm sand good color match looks natural and has a yellow undertone which I like . It's a medium coverage no problems so far .

on 4/24/2018 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this stick partly because of the legendary status and partly because I needed something to carry in my bag for touch ups in the middle of the work day or if heading for drinks afterwards. In this department it's an absolute winner; spreads easily, doesn't cake layered over other foundations, got a great color match and overall the finish mimics natural akin perfectly. Also the packaging couldn't be more convenient.

On to the not so positive though, I'm not sure if it would stand alone as foundation. If you have normal skin and need minimal coverage I imaging this being amazing. Alas I need some oil control and have to build it up which is a bit bothersome. Also the price... ouch!

Still I'd repurchase in a heartbeat.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The shades range is perfect. I was able to find my shade, that is warm natural. However, it is somehow thick, not easily blended, fades away quickly, and looks very cakey and unnatural. A drawback of foundation sticks is that dirt (hair, etc.) from your face gets stuck on the stick even if you wash your face.

This stick goes on nice and creamy, the coverage is buildable with a concealer brush on small areas if needed. The overall look after setting with powder is not a flat matte, it has a nice subtle glow to the skin. My trick for oily skin girls to keep their makeup looking fresh and oil-free looking is to set it with organic arrowroot flour. It goes on like a HD powder, super smooth and flawless, and never cakey. Use a big fluffy brush. The next step will be to set it again with a colored pressed powder or loose powder to bring back the natural shade of your complexion. This step allows all my foundation to stay fresh and oil-free the whole day in humid Singapore. The rest of my make up also stay nice and fresh. Overall, the stick foundation is easy to use, coverage is bulidable and not drying or oily.

on 1/13/2018 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Recently pulled this from the back of the makeup drawer. At my age coverage is to heavy caked this thick. I will use as spot concealer for the odd red bump. I tried a few different applications damp beauty blender, foundation brush not pretty. Very drying and shows eye lines nicely.

on 3/8/2018 7:15:00 AM

Bobbi Brown is the only makeup that has a shade which matches me perfectly, I wear sand 02. I’ve tried both their old and new version of Long-Wear foundation, both were nice and very wearable but neither looked natural enough for my taste but this foundation stick is lovely. Buildable coverage, comfortable and natural looking. I use hourglass mineral primer underneath and bare minerals veil over the top and it looks great and lasts all day. Would definitely buy again.