Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
Skin Foundation Stick

3.5

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Talc, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tocopherol, Squalane, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 2/16/2017 10:53:00 AM

It doesn't work for me. I've tried all possible form of applications. Gets into my pores, looks patchy, heavy and shows flaking skin even if it is not visible without the foundation.
My biggest problem with this product that my skin looks lifeless and matte, very artificial, and I MUST apply bronzer + blush + highlight to look alive again. Also, it is enough to wipe my nose once and all the foundation transfers to the tissue. :)
The only way it works slightly better is to smear it on a buffing brush. This way I can apply it more lightly. This is enough to tone down my redness a bit but doesn't cover it perfectly and it disappears in patches from my skin after 2-3 hours. I've been struggling with this foundation about a year now and decided to get rid of it.

(I'm 47, have ok skin, not so tight anymore, have some redness, some pores around my nose. I get a bit oily around my nose in warm weather otherwise I have normal, slightly dehydrated skin.)

on 1/23/2017 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

no from me- from a girl with oily skin this sets into your pores and feels extremely icky, unfo i wanted to like this product

on 1/21/2017 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Alone or with my regular moisturizer, this product looks oily and slides right off my face. However, combined with one of her face creams, it looks great. Nearly perfect, in fact. I took off one lippie because I must spend an extra 58 dollars on one of her face creams in order to make this work. For reference, the ones that work on my skin type are the Hydrating Face Cream and the Vitamin Enriched Face Base. My skin is acne-prone and fluctuates between oily and dry, depending on the time of the year. It's worth mentioning that the color selection on this product is excellent as well. I wear Warm Beige 3.5 in this formula, which is equivalent to MAC NC30/35 and Chanel Beige 30. This foundation is perfect for people who, like me, want to look polished but don't have a lot of time or patience in the morning. Good stuff!

on 1/13/2017 3:46:00 PM

I finally found out what happened to Cool Beige 3.25! Apparently, the Beige designation made people think it was darker than it really is, so they changed the name to Cool Ivory 1.25 and shifted it down. Same shade, though! And it's perfect for me, as an approximate NW20 who has struggled with Bobbi Brown Sand variations.

Not sure how it's going to work out, texture-wise. I had tried it (in the wrong shade) last summer, and unlike the previous version, it was greasy and never seemed to set. But now in January I'm hoping for better results.

on 1/9/2017 1:37:00 AM

I really wanted to like this because I've seen so many positive reviews but I was disappointed. I found it to be greasy looking on my combination skin, the color oxidized, and the coverage was patchy and heavy looking.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

For reference I have oily/combo skin and I've been using her foundation stick prior to the reformulation and after. The new formula is much more oily skin friendly than the old formula which would turn me into an oil slick. I can wear it year round and not look a hot mess. The two shades I rotate between based on summer/winter is always spot on matches and I never have issues with it breaking me out. I've lost count on how many times I've bought this foundation stick but I certainly hope it's not discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I've come to the conclusion that stick foundations are not for me. So far I've tried BB, mufe, and hourglass sticks but they ALL ended up not agreeing with my skin type. My skin is combination, can get oily on my tzone throughout the day but the rest of my face is normal/dry. The color range is amazing in BB, no issues there. I tried blending this foundation three different ways, fingers, beauty blender, and flat kabuki which all blended fabulous. BUT after an hour or two, my tzone looked incredibly greasy as if I did some training at the gym with a face full of makeup. And this is even after setting it. Another huge issue is that it transfers easily. If your face slightly brushes against anything or if you carefully scratched an itch on your nose, the foundation completely comes off in those spots.
I believe stick foundations are for normal to dryer skin types.

on 12/2/2016 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation stick SO MUCH, but alas, as many have mentioned below, it's just not made for us oily folks. It went on beautifully, blended like a dream with my Bobbi Brown flat foundation brush, and then two hours later, total oil slick. I looked like I had actually rubbed baby oil all over my face, it was that oily. I played around with it, tried different primers, no primer, powder before, powder after, but no luck. I worked with it for a month. It's just too much for an oily beastwoman like me. It's too bad, too, because the color was absolute perfection (I am super pale and was using Alabaster) and it didn't break my sensitive skin out at all. If you're not oily, you'd probably have much better luck than me!

on 11/24/2016 2:57:00 AM

I'm giving this product the highest ratings even on price because it's worth it to me. A tube of this actually lasts quite a long time and with Bobbi Brown, I have my perfect shade, Alabaster. The foundation glides on and blends into the skin beautifully and leaves a terrific finish. I set it with a fine powder and it lasts all day.

I can't underestimate the importance of this shade. I have Bobbi Brown Alabaster and Nars Siberia and Nars Chantilly concealer, and not much else works on my pale skin. Most foundation companies, including almost all drugstore foundations, do not have a shade that is light enough. IF they do, their lightest shades are too pink. I have yellow-toned skin and anything pinkish (except blush and lipstick) makes me look horribly sick. It's completely wrong. So I appreciate Bobbi Brown and Nars for giving me what I need for foundation and concealer. Undying love.

on 10/31/2016 11:16:00 PM

I never normally write reviews but this foundation has been the best foundation I have tried in a long time! Perfect coverage which can be built to a full coverage or sheered out, its a bit expensive but worth it. Needs to be powdered if combination or oily though but overall the best bobbi brown foundation I have tried!