4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

Wow this is absolutely the best foundation stick that I have ever tried. It feels very natural and has a stunning coverage.I have sensitive skin and it didn't break me out and it lasts the whole day. Everything I need fantastic product.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

My everyday foundation. It took me years to find the right shade and consistency of foundation. This is perfect for someone like me who has active acne and acne scares/stains. The full coverage helps me out and as long as you blend it in well it won't look thick and textured. I recommend this foundation to all my friends ❤

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I use this daily, it is the most natural looking full coverage foundation I've ever tried. It gives me a perfected look, and looks amazing in photos. It does take time to apply, with a brush and a sponge, it's not a slap it on kind of product. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all, it does have an old lady fragrance to it but doesn't cause any bother as it fades quickly.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Thanks to a combination of rosacea and psoriasis, my skin it downright terrible. Dry, patchy, and red. I can't wear sheer foundations. I need my face beat to the gods to overcome the beet color of my cheeks. This foundation delivers. Pros: This is very high coverage. This is basically theatre/beatyshow/dragqueen level of coverage. I love that they have so many different shades, and the price is fantastic. You use a small amount, so for this foundation you really get a lot of bang for your buck. It also photographs beautifully and since it's full coverage I don't need to use other concealers/foundations. Cons: The effort it takes to blend this is intense. It doesn't set fast, but be prepared to be switching brushes and reaching for a sponge. This wears very well, but it tends to settle around the eyes and nostrils. I also found it applies patchy to drier skin. I absolutely do not even attempt to wear this if my skin is not hydrated. This is definitely in my top ten foundations for high coverage. In person it looks less natural than Graftobian's Hi-Def creme, but in photos it's absolutely stunning. Looking at photos people would assume I have clear, even skin, but... NOPE! In person you can definitely tell you're wearing foundation, and if you don't blend it you can risk pancake face. With this foundation you have to blend, blend, blend. For the price, the amount of product you get, the performance of the product, and it's coverage this is a definite winner for me.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is holy grail status for me. Before I go on I must tell you, that you have to make sure you buy an authentic paint stick. A lot of fakes are being made of these. I bought mine from the kryolan website. I love this! If you don't like to spend time blending this isn't for you, but the finish is very natural with a beauty blender. A little goes a long way. It's very thick but NOT greasy, as this foundation has a lot of talc in it. It looks like skin I always get compliments when I wear this ! If suggest a lotion like primer with this and setting it with RCMA no color powder. Exfoliating and moisturizing will help avoid cake face ;)

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I’ll start off by saying that I use this product for drag, and so what I want to get out of it is very different from what you will want if you desire a less made up look (at least I suspect so, I have never really tried to go for a natural look in drag, it requires a level of skill that I simply do not possess yet). That being said, for my purposes, this product works amazingly well. As a foundation made for stage, the coverage is spectacular, and, when properly blended in and powdered, it photographs flawlessly, furthermore I find that it is more than able to last a full night for me, and resists being sweated off. I also know of people who, with setting powders and sprays, have been able to literally submerge themselves in water and not have this stuff budge. It means serious business. Different shades of this product can blend together beautifully, making a number of shades perfect for contouring, and application of the product on the face is as smooth as you can expect from something which is essentially face paint. As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the colour range of this product is incredible (their website boasts over 250 shades), I really do think that there is a shade out there for pretty much anybody, which is always a breath of fresh air when other lines might only offer four shades for their entire range. In terms of the amount of product that you get, as I don’t use this product for my day to day makeup routine, it can be hard to say for sure, but for my use I really think I could be using this in at least a year from now. Even for drag you don’t need massive amounts due to its pigmentation, and the amount that you get is pretty generous. I honestly don't really have an issue with the packaging. In no way is it a MAC product or some other high end brand in terms of how it is presented, but was it does give you is something completely practical. I also kind of like the fact that you can tell that the majority of the weight of a stick of this stuff is the actual product itself, meaning your not lugging around something that is 50% product and 50% packaging. But that is a matter of personal taste, and I understand those who have an issue with it. The main issue that I have with the product is its price. In Australia, it sets you back almost $50 for a single stick (which gets really pricy when you add in extra shades for contour and highlight, a shade to block out the blue of beards - for drag, once again- and then the Kryolan translucent setting powder, which is the only powder I have found which is able to properly set this foundation). This financial blow is softened somewhat given just how long you could stretch this foundation out for, but regardless it is still a lot of money to be shelling out upfront (in my opinion at least). Do be warned though that it can take its toll on the skin, so a very rigorous cleaning regime, along with a really good protective primer (I use a moisturiser as well underneath) is definitely recommended to avoid breakouts, or irritation for sensitive skin. Overall however, for what I use it for, I could not sing enough praises for this product. Despite the cost to my wallet and my face (if I am not strict enough on cleaning and prepping), I find the pay off to be worth it and more so. This is pretty much an essential for anyone wanting to do drag in my opinion, and I do not know where I would be without it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

5 years ago

If you want a thick foundation, this is it. It comes out very greasy. Your skin will remain under a thick, concealer like, mask. Reminds me very much of Ben Nye and Cinema Secret. Not my taste but could be fine for others.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I love this foundation. I walked into the store in Melbourne City actually and really was just checking out the products as I read about them before. When I asked the consultant to trya foundation I was sold as soon as he matched my skin colour- WHY you might ask because of the coverage. It still looked like skin and covered all blemishes. No sunscreen so I am guessing no grey casting in photography makeup. LOVE IT!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBrunette

5 years ago

It is indeed a thick cream on the greasier side, but if you blend and buff it into the skin in reasonable amount and then lightly powder it, its great. Despite the thicker consistency it leaves a natural, non-cakey finish and feels relatively light on the skin. The shades? Heaven. The packaging is...how to say it, Retro? Gray, sturdy and actually very practical, it just looks like made 40 years ago :D

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I just love this stick! I saw it for the first time at a beauty salon and after trying it out once, I decided to buy it. It lasts for a very long time and covers really well. In all the foundations I've ever used, this one is my favorite - but it's not suitable for everyday use. I have combination skin so some parts of my face got dry due to my obsession to this product. But still I use it for special occasions and I'm quite satisfied with the result. Whenever I use this, my friends ask me if I put that cashmere-looking foundation on my face, and it really gives your skin that look. And since Kryolan is cruelty-free, I will keep buying this stick (but seems impossible to finish it until its expiration date!).

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral