Kryolan TV Paint Stick

Kryolan TV Paint Stick
TV Paint StickTV Paint Stick

4.3

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Kaolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Tocopherol, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Laneth-40, Polybutene, Lanolin Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Linalool, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Bronze or Copper Powder CI 77400, Aluminum Powder CI 77000, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Tin Oxide, Mica] (EU seulement/only: CI 77266, CI 58000, CI 77120, CI 74160, CI 74260, CI 11680, CI 73015) May contain carmine as a color additive.

I use this daily, it is the most natural looking full coverage foundation I've ever tried. It gives me a perfected look, and looks amazing in photos.

It does take time to apply, with a brush and a sponge, it's not a slap it on kind of product. I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all, it does have an old lady fragrance to it but doesn't cause any bother as it fades quickly.

on 3/2/2017 8:44:00 PM

Thanks to a combination of rosacea and psoriasis, my skin it downright terrible. Dry, patchy, and red. I can't wear sheer foundations. I need my face beat to the gods to overcome the beet color of my cheeks. This foundation delivers.

Pros: This is very high coverage. This is basically theatre/beatyshow/dragqueen level of coverage. I love that they have so many different shades, and the price is fantastic. You use a small amount, so for this foundation you really get a lot of bang for your buck. It also photographs beautifully and since it's full coverage I don't need to use other concealers/foundations.

Cons: The effort it takes to blend this is intense. It doesn't set fast, but be prepared to be switching brushes and reaching for a sponge. This wears very well, but it tends to settle around the eyes and nostrils. I also found it applies patchy to drier skin. I absolutely do not even attempt to wear this if my skin is not hydrated.

This is definitely in my top ten foundations for high coverage. In person it looks less natural than Graftobian's Hi-Def creme, but in photos it's absolutely stunning. Looking at photos people would assume I have clear, even skin, but... NOPE! In person you can definitely tell you're wearing foundation, and if you don't blend it you can risk pancake face. With this foundation you have to blend, blend, blend.

For the price, the amount of product you get, the performance of the product, and it's coverage this is a definite winner for me.

on 9/25/2016 11:32:00 AM

This is holy grail status for me. Before I go on I must tell you, that you have to make sure you buy an authentic paint stick. A lot of fakes are being made of these. I bought mine from the kryolan website.

I love this! If you don't like to spend time blending this isn't for you, but the finish is very natural with a beauty blender. A little goes a long way. It's very thick but NOT greasy, as this foundation has a lot of talc in it. It looks like skin I always get compliments when I wear this ! If suggest a lotion like primer with this and setting it with RCMA no color powder.

Exfoliating and moisturizing will help avoid cake face ;)

I’ll start off by saying that I use this product for drag, and so what I want to get out of it is very different from what you will want if you desire a less made up look (at least I suspect so, I have never really tried to go for a natural look in drag, it requires a level of skill that I simply do not possess yet).

That being said, for my purposes, this product works amazingly well. As a foundation made for stage, the coverage is spectacular, and, when properly blended in and powdered, it photographs flawlessly, furthermore I find that it is more than able to last a full night for me, and resists being sweated off. I also know of people who, with setting powders and sprays, have been able to literally submerge themselves in water and not have this stuff budge. It means serious business.

Different shades of this product can blend together beautifully, making a number of shades perfect for contouring, and application of the product on the face is as smooth as you can expect from something which is essentially face paint.

As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the colour range of this product is incredible (their website boasts over 250 shades), I really do think that there is a shade out there for pretty much anybody, which is always a breath of fresh air when other lines might only offer four shades for their entire range.

In terms of the amount of product that you get, as I don’t use this product for my day to day makeup routine, it can be hard to say for sure, but for my use I really think I could be using this in at least a year from now. Even for drag you don’t need massive amounts due to its pigmentation, and the amount that you get is pretty generous.

I honestly don't really have an issue with the packaging. In no way is it a MAC product or some other high end brand in terms of how it is presented, but was it does give you is something completely practical. I also kind of like the fact that you can tell that the majority of the weight of a stick of this stuff is the actual product itself, meaning your not lugging around something that is 50% product and 50% packaging. But that is a matter of personal taste, and I understand those who have an issue with it.

The main issue that I have with the product is its price. In Australia, it sets you back almost $50 for a single stick (which gets really pricy when you add in extra shades for contour and highlight, a shade to block out the blue of beards - for drag, once again- and then the Kryolan translucent setting powder, which is the only powder I have found which is able to properly set this foundation). This financial blow is softened somewhat given just how long you could stretch this foundation out for, but regardless it is still a lot of money to be shelling out upfront (in my opinion at least).

Do be warned though that it can take its toll on the skin, so a very rigorous cleaning regime, along with a really good protective primer (I use a moisturiser as well underneath) is definitely recommended to avoid breakouts, or irritation for sensitive skin.

Overall however, for what I use it for, I could not sing enough praises for this product. Despite the cost to my wallet and my face (if I am not strict enough on cleaning and prepping), I find the pay off to be worth it and more so. This is pretty much an essential for anyone wanting to do drag in my opinion, and I do not know where I would be without it.

on 8/24/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you want a thick foundation, this is it. It comes out very greasy. Your skin will remain under a thick, concealer like, mask. Reminds me very much of Ben Nye and Cinema Secret. Not my taste but could be fine for others.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation.
I walked into the store in Melbourne City actually and really was just checking out the products as I read about them before. When I asked the consultant to trya foundation I was sold as soon as he matched my skin colour- WHY you might ask because of the coverage. It still looked like skin and covered all blemishes. No sunscreen so I am guessing no grey casting in photography makeup. LOVE IT!

on 5/22/2015 6:07:00 PM

It is indeed a thick cream on the greasier side, but if you blend and buff it into the skin in reasonable amount and then lightly powder it, its great. Despite the thicker consistency it leaves a natural, non-cakey finish and feels relatively light on the skin. The shades? Heaven. The packaging is...how to say it, Retro? Gray, sturdy and actually very practical, it just looks like made 40 years ago :D

on 4/14/2015 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just love this stick! I saw it for the first time at a beauty salon and after trying it out once, I decided to buy it. It lasts for a very long time and covers really well.
In all the foundations I've ever used, this one is my favorite - but it's not suitable for everyday use. I have combination skin so some parts of my face got dry due to my obsession to this product. But still I use it for special occasions and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Whenever I use this, my friends ask me if I put that cashmere-looking foundation on my face, and it really gives your skin that look.

And since Kryolan is cruelty-free, I will keep buying this stick (but seems impossible to finish it until its expiration date!).

on 4/2/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most heaviest foundation in the world. But I keep buying it because its a must have product for special days. I dont recommend it for daily use.

on 2/1/2015 3:10:00 AM

PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH ACNE SCARRING REJOICE!!!

This is my HG foundation!! I have ALOT to cover and this handles everything without me needing any kind of correcting concealer, the only exception being my under eyes. The packaging is a twist up tube and it is super easy to use with little to no wastage.
There is a bit of a trick to using this though so, if after your first few uses you haven't quite managed to get the type of coverage you're looking for, keep experimenting!! Yes, this foundation is more widely known for having complete full on coverage, and yes, it definitely has the ability to do that. What isn't so widely known is that it can also give what i would call a light coverage.
For a full coverage, you want to use that baby straight out of the tube. I like to rub a bit on the back of my hand to use with my Sigma F80 and then just apply it to my face in circular motions directly to my face. I NEVER set this foundation. In fact, the only places I set my base is under my eyes and on my forehead where I've applied concealer as a highlight. I do have an oily complexion though so I do touch up during the day. Firstly I remove the oil by blotting a tissue on my face where needed. I then use the Sigma F80 brush to kind of move my foundation around to freshen it up a bit. This method works quite well for me.

Now, every now and then, I'll wake up, check myself out in the mirror and say "Giiiirrrrl, you didn't do anything different in your night routine but dayyum your skin is looking on point!" and I'll only want a light or medium coverage. For a Medium coverage, I wet my brush, use a paper towel to soak up some of the water and continue to apply using my F80 as above. For a light coverage, I'll apply the foundation while my primer is still drying on my skin. now for this method, you need to work fast and you won't be able to use a mattifying primer. I use the primer from Australis (which by the way, I feel is super under rated!). I press it into my skin and immediately start to blend the TV stick into it with my F80. Works a treat!