Kryolan TV Paint Stick

Kryolan TV Paint Stick

4.3

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Paraffin, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Kaolin, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Tocopherol, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Oleth-10, Laneth-40, Polybutene, Lanolin Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Linalool, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 Lake CI 15850, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 22 Lake CI 45380, Red 28 Lake CI 45410, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Bronze or Copper Powder CI 77400, Aluminum Powder CI 77000, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Tin Oxide, Mica] (EU seulement/only: CI 77266, CI 58000, CI 77120, CI 74160, CI 74260, CI 11680, CI 73015) May contain carmine as a color additive.

I’ll start off by saying that I use this product for drag, and so what I want to get out of it is very different from what you will want if you desire a less made up look (at least I suspect so, I have never really tried to go for a natural look in drag, it requires a level of skill that I simply do not possess yet).

That being said, for my purposes, this product works amazingly well. As a foundation made for stage, the coverage is spectacular, and, when properly blended in and powdered, it photographs flawlessly, furthermore I find that it is more than able to last a full night for me, and resists being sweated off. I also know of people who, with setting powders and sprays, have been able to literally submerge themselves in water and not have this stuff budge. It means serious business.

Different shades of this product can blend together beautifully, making a number of shades perfect for contouring, and application of the product on the face is as smooth as you can expect from something which is essentially face paint.

As has been mentioned in previous reviews, the colour range of this product is incredible (their website boasts over 250 shades), I really do think that there is a shade out there for pretty much anybody, which is always a breath of fresh air when other lines might only offer four shades for their entire range.

In terms of the amount of product that you get, as I don’t use this product for my day to day makeup routine, it can be hard to say for sure, but for my use I really think I could be using this in at least a year from now. Even for drag you don’t need massive amounts due to its pigmentation, and the amount that you get is pretty generous.

I honestly don't really have an issue with the packaging. In no way is it a MAC product or some other high end brand in terms of how it is presented, but was it does give you is something completely practical. I also kind of like the fact that you can tell that the majority of the weight of a stick of this stuff is the actual product itself, meaning your not lugging around something that is 50% product and 50% packaging. But that is a matter of personal taste, and I understand those who have an issue with it.

The main issue that I have with the product is its price. In Australia, it sets you back almost $50 for a single stick (which gets really pricy when you add in extra shades for contour and highlight, a shade to block out the blue of beards - for drag, once again- and then the Kryolan translucent setting powder, which is the only powder I have found which is able to properly set this foundation). This financial blow is softened somewhat given just how long you could stretch this foundation out for, but regardless it is still a lot of money to be shelling out upfront (in my opinion at least).

Do be warned though that it can take its toll on the skin, so a very rigorous cleaning regime, along with a really good protective primer (I use a moisturiser as well underneath) is definitely recommended to avoid breakouts, or irritation for sensitive skin.

Overall however, for what I use it for, I could not sing enough praises for this product. Despite the cost to my wallet and my face (if I am not strict enough on cleaning and prepping), I find the pay off to be worth it and more so. This is pretty much an essential for anyone wanting to do drag in my opinion, and I do not know where I would be without it.

on 8/24/2015 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you want a thick foundation, this is it. It comes out very greasy. Your skin will remain under a thick, concealer like, mask. Reminds me very much of Ben Nye and Cinema Secret. Not my taste but could be fine for others.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation.
I walked into the store in Melbourne City actually and really was just checking out the products as I read about them before. When I asked the consultant to trya foundation I was sold as soon as he matched my skin colour- WHY you might ask because of the coverage. It still looked like skin and covered all blemishes. No sunscreen so I am guessing no grey casting in photography makeup. LOVE IT!

on 5/22/2015 6:07:00 PM

It is indeed a thick cream on the greasier side, but if you blend and buff it into the skin in reasonable amount and then lightly powder it, its great. Despite the thicker consistency it leaves a natural, non-cakey finish and feels relatively light on the skin. The shades? Heaven. The packaging is...how to say it, Retro? Gray, sturdy and actually very practical, it just looks like made 40 years ago :D

on 4/14/2015 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I just love this stick! I saw it for the first time at a beauty salon and after trying it out once, I decided to buy it. It lasts for a very long time and covers really well.
In all the foundations I've ever used, this one is my favorite - but it's not suitable for everyday use. I have combination skin so some parts of my face got dry due to my obsession to this product. But still I use it for special occasions and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Whenever I use this, my friends ask me if I put that cashmere-looking foundation on my face, and it really gives your skin that look.

And since Kryolan is cruelty-free, I will keep buying this stick (but seems impossible to finish it until its expiration date!).

on 4/2/2015 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Most heaviest foundation in the world. But I keep buying it because its a must have product for special days. I dont recommend it for daily use.

on 2/1/2015 3:10:00 AM

PEOPLE SUFFERING WITH ACNE SCARRING REJOICE!!!

This is my HG foundation!! I have ALOT to cover and this handles everything without me needing any kind of correcting concealer, the only exception being my under eyes. The packaging is a twist up tube and it is super easy to use with little to no wastage.
There is a bit of a trick to using this though so, if after your first few uses you haven't quite managed to get the type of coverage you're looking for, keep experimenting!! Yes, this foundation is more widely known for having complete full on coverage, and yes, it definitely has the ability to do that. What isn't so widely known is that it can also give what i would call a light coverage.
For a full coverage, you want to use that baby straight out of the tube. I like to rub a bit on the back of my hand to use with my Sigma F80 and then just apply it to my face in circular motions directly to my face. I NEVER set this foundation. In fact, the only places I set my base is under my eyes and on my forehead where I've applied concealer as a highlight. I do have an oily complexion though so I do touch up during the day. Firstly I remove the oil by blotting a tissue on my face where needed. I then use the Sigma F80 brush to kind of move my foundation around to freshen it up a bit. This method works quite well for me.

Now, every now and then, I'll wake up, check myself out in the mirror and say "Giiiirrrrl, you didn't do anything different in your night routine but dayyum your skin is looking on point!" and I'll only want a light or medium coverage. For a Medium coverage, I wet my brush, use a paper towel to soak up some of the water and continue to apply using my F80 as above. For a light coverage, I'll apply the foundation while my primer is still drying on my skin. now for this method, you need to work fast and you won't be able to use a mattifying primer. I use the primer from Australis (which by the way, I feel is super under rated!). I press it into my skin and immediately start to blend the TV stick into it with my F80. Works a treat!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Where has this product been all my life? Why am I barely discovering it? I have searched endlessly for a foundation that covers my acne and acne scarring (currently on Retin-A) and no luck! Until now. I received it yesterday and was anxious to try it for the first time today and boy am I impressed! I didn't want to use this product all over my face, so I used it as a concealer. It blended beautifully onto my skin and it concealed like no other. Seriously, like butter. After applying primer I concealed with this product, then added a touch of bb cream on top. I got the most natural, radiant, healthy looking skin ever. Ugh! Love!!!

I ordered shade FS26 from their website for $21.75
For reference I am:
MAC NC37-40
Urban Decay Naked 6-7
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream in No.27

P.S. In no way do I recommend using this foundation all over your face. Use it as a concealer prior to applying foundation to obtain the most flawless finish. I got a shade darker than my skin tone and it really helps concealing my scars. Xo

on 10/21/2014 5:42:00 PM

Have to update this after having worn it for over a month I can't stand this foundation. I really wanted to get used to it and have tried everything to try to like this product - primer, waterproof fixing powder on top, powder underneath, blotting, buffing it in, setting spray, hairspray! Everything! Nothing helps. It is way too heavy, I am constantly sticky and can feel it on me all day. It is always shiny and never sets even with powder, waterproof or otherwise, it even wets your mascara so that you get panda eyes during the day. It always feels like I've smeared thick grease on my face. Transfers everywhere. Such a shame because the coverage is great. As a brand, Kryolan is very disappointing.

I had been wanting to purchase this makeup for so long, I had to order it on the kryolan website & choosing the perfect shade is hard!!
After researching a great deal, I decided to go with 4W. It's a good shade for medium tone white skin, but for me it's too pink based. I can definitely get away with it, but my skin looks better with a yellow based foundation.
Today however, I received a different shade (FS45) & it is perfect for my skin! I use NC30 in Mac & look 3 in the napoleons perdis makeup stick, the FS45 tv paint stick is a near perfect match with both. I have fair skin, I get spray tans every week though (not overly dark) and my skin type is dry/normal. I have personally never broken out from wearing this foundation though I can see it happening with sensitive/oily/acne prone skin.
Coverage is buildable, and if applied directly after primer with a damp sponge, is super easy to apply/blend. I set mine with Mac mineralize powder in medium.

It has a beautiful creamy consistency, has great lasting power & I definitely recommend it if you want a full coverage foundation!!
For the price au $45, it's great value...a little goes a long way!