Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing WaterSkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I don't hate it enough to not finish it, but I doubt I'd repurchase it. It removes makeup, including mascara, yet I don't feel like it's all gone afterwards. Granted, I follow up with a second cleanser anyway. If I'm being lazy or plum tired and just removing my makeup with this to go to bed, however, then I don't feel as "safe" as I would be with an oil cleanser or a makeup wipe.

The amount of waste this produces every use is staggering. I often need a minimum of three cotton balls or rounds to remove makeup. That adds up quick. I use fewer cotton balls removing my nail polish with pure acetone most of the time. It's also super easy to squirt way too much product on a cotton ball. That not only wastes product but also makes it super easy to get it in your eye (and believe me, it hurts like hell).

As I said, I'll keep using this until it's gone. I intend to use it more for refreshing my skin on a hot day or for eye makeup. I'd rather go with another method for my face makeup. I have more effective methods for that, both lazy and "proper" cleanup.

on 7/13/2018 11:22:00 PM

Works great at removing foundation and eye makeup. I use it on a cotton pad, wipe one side on the eyes; the other on my face. I follow up with washing my face with Dove sensitive skin bar. No irritation to my sensitive skin but can cause my eyes to get sore if I am not careful when wiping my lashes.

on 7/13/2018 1:56:00 PM

It’s not my first option to remove my makeup (Ponds cold cream and a good face wash is) micellar water it’s a fast way to take everything off at the end of the day if I’m feeling super lazy, it doesn’t has any scent nor irritated my sensitive skin and it seems to be safe to use near my nose piercings and eyes + it havent made me break out, the only part that I don’t like it’s the weird film it leaves on my skin idk if it’s just me but i feel it leaves a weird feel after I use it. Would recommend if you just want something that’s affordable and works to take off your makeup on a blink.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although not my all time favorite for removing make-up (mascara was a big no-no) as that accolade would go to Lancôme Bi Facil, still not too far behind either. It is unfragranced and gentle enough for me to use without causing breakouts or leaving a thin film on my face as some other products have done in the past. Depending upon how much m/u I've applied this can be a bit of a hit and miss sometimes but after a night out when I don't want to be splashing around in the bathroom and waking up the other occupants of the house, this is handy enough to remove what's needed, even though it might take more than a couple of cotton rounds to do the trick.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/12/2018 10:05:00 AM

I don't usually use wipe-off makeup remover as it gives more stress to the skin so I prefer to do a proper cleansing whenever I can. I bought this for one of those days that I cannot bother doing a proper cleansing. I had another product in my mind but as that was not available at the shop, I got this but smaller bottle to try it out. It is quite gentle to the skin & doesn't sting my eyes, but may be a touch too gentle for the makeup I wear, as I need to use at least 4-5 cotton pads per use & still some eye makeups stays on.

This is so good at taking of makeup or just cleansing in general. Makeup wipes are apparently to harsh on skin🤷🏽‍♀️ so have been using this for the past month

on 7/10/2018 10:33:00 PM

It’s great for a refresh when I get home from a long day of work, or after the gym. Leaves my sensitive skin soft and comfortable, and does not break me out.

on 7/5/2018 12:12:00 PM

Broke me out! I much prefer Bioderma.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome at removing makeup and even water-resistant sunscreen. It takes a bit to remove any waterproof eye make-up, but if I really saturate a cotton pad and hold it over my eye for a bit before gently wiping, everything comes off without having to rub too hard.

I use this as a first step in double-cleansing. If I’m lazy/tired/etc. at night, I’ll use this alone, but I at least splash with water after, because it feels like there’s some residue from it.

The real miracle is that it doesn’t irritate my rosacea in even the slightest. This is absolutely a staple for me.

What i love about this is, it doesnt leave my skin really dry like other cleansers but it completely cleanses and gives glow! Only thing id fault it on is the cap mine has broken many a time. My favorite cleanser.