Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, RegularSkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favourite Micellar water that I've tried.
It is well priced, lasts a long time, doesn't leave a residue, cleans effectively and the smell isn't too overwhelming.
It does a great job and is a great price for what you get.
Very happy with this and will keep using this for a long time.
I have combination skin, olive/medium/Asian skin, occasional break out, occasional rosacea.

on 5/16/2017 5:44:00 PM

This product is my HOLY GRAIL! Love it!

on 5/16/2017 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Good but I still prefer bioderma! But close enough for the price!

on 5/12/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this Micellar water. It's not a miracle worker and I don't expect it to be a replacement for heavy eye and face makeup removal. I use it to sweep off the majority of my face makeup and then follow up with regular cleansing for a deeper clean. The nicest part is that it hasn't caused any blemishes or my skin to suddenly break out over prolonged use, which was my experience with Bioderma Sensibo, sadly. For $7 the large bottle lasts quite awhile, too. I agree with another reviewer that I wish the spout on the cap was a bit narrower or something because it does tend to pour out a fair quantity and if not careful can easily be wasted. This stuff makes me quite happy and is now a staple in my cabinet for the foreseeable future.

on 5/12/2017 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I don't really use this to remove my makeup. Even though people rave about micellar water with respect to removing makeup, I don't find any of them very effective. However, I use this as a gentle cleanser in the morning as I need something to remove the oil etc on my face after sleeping. Anything else in the morning dries out my skin for the day. This product is good value for money, is often on sale, comes in a decent size and doesn't have irritating fragrances. Not terribly exciting, but I won't be without it.

I wear a lot of make up, and also have sensitive skin. None of my make up is waterproof.

This stuff gets it off but it takes slightly longer than if I just used tap water. It also does a worse job than tap water at removing mascara/eyeliner, and stings the hell out of my eyes if I get it in them. Try as I might, I can never get rid of the smudged black line that appears under my eyes when I use this to remove eye make up - unless I use tap water.

As far as I noticed this didn't do much in terms of skincare. It didn't prevent any break outs, but they didn't get worse either.

This product literally underperforms compared to tap water. Sure, it does what it claims, but that's a pretty damn low bar. Sadly I still have half a litre of this and I'm thinking of pouring it down the drain because it would just slow me down if I used this instead of tap water.

on 5/11/2017 5:49:00 PM

Does a good job removing makeup, doesnt feel sticky or irritating on skin and does not cause me to break out or aggravate ongoing breakouts Its also reasonably cheap, so if it doesnt work as intended for you its not such a big deal

on 5/10/2017 12:43:00 PM

This is an excellent product for removing makeup pre-cleansing, particularly for sensitive skin. It cleans gently and effectively with no need for harsh rubbing. I soak a large oval cotton wool pad and wipe it all over my face to remove foundation and then cleanse with my usual face cleanser. It is also great for cleaning makeup brushes and sponges. I would highly recommend this for any skin type, including very sensitive.

on 5/10/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have the CVS beauty 360 dupe of the Garnier pink cap micellar water depicted above. Same ingredient list as the Garnier, and I wrote a more complete review under CVS micellar. IMO works better than Simple at taking off makeup. (I personally hated Simple micellar because it didn't take off my light makeup and there was a stronger scent). There is a slight scent (musty meadow) in the two new CVS bottles that I purchased. Since the scent is also present in Simple, I think it must be one of the top three ingredients that the brands share. Here, the scent dissipates and won't prevent me from using this. My milia and hive prone mature combination skin doesn't react adversely, but I do not have particularly sensitive or dry skin. I do get a slight taut feeling after use, but nothing a moisturizer won't remedy. I do rinse off. EDIT: I alternate separate usage of BHA, AHA, retinol and a few other products at night. In the AM, I use this to clean it off. It dries quickly and enables me to apply daytime products faster.

I should add that I don't wear waterproof or long lasting makeup; nor, would I expect micellar water to remove either without additional cleanser. This micellar does remove eyeshadow and eye primer and covergirl lash blast (orange) but it stings. For eye makeup, I use oil free Bliss lid and lash. If you let it sit for a minute, it removes everything without tugging. I have not tried the blue capped Garnier for waterproof makeup (bi phase).

If this doesn't work for your skin, this product is decent at cleaning brushes and excellent at cleaning fallout from your face or sink. The Garnier pink bottle has same or similar ingredients to the L'Oréal, but not the same ones as Bioderma.

I have bought this cleansing water more than 3 times already. I rarely use this to remove all of my makeup, but I like to have a bottle of this around, in case I want to correct or change my makeup more than once on the same day. It removes everything but you have to give it time to work, especially on the eye area, but the good thing is it doesn't sting your eyes. It's definitely a good and affordable product to keep in your bathroom counter! I would love if it came with a reversed pump, like the bioderma does.