Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, RegularSkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, Regular

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

on 10/20/2017 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I'm reviewing the All-in-1, all skin types, even sensitive version. Pink cap. No mention of removing waterproof m/u.

This breaks me out every single time. Sigh. It only takes about an hour after using this with a cotton pad, and I have at least 5 zits on my face. The deep kind that are painful.

I love Micellar type cleansers, so this is very disappointing.

My Simple brand one doesn't do this, so will stick with that.

on 10/12/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great product.. I have sensitive skin, so I can't use harsh products. This product works well at removing my makeup, even my waterproof eyeliner. This is a mild cleanser that removes my makeup without drying out my skin. It takes off mascara,foundation and everything else with ease and leaves my skin very clean and soft.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this to remove face and eye makeup prior to cleansing and it does the job and doesn't leave my dry, mature skin feeling tight. Great on a qtip if you make a mistake with eye m/u application too. Have repurchased many times.

on 9/21/2017 3:19:00 AM

Its a newbie to cleanser range but apart from the fancy name its just simple alkaline water.

Pros
cheap

Cons
u need plenty of product to remove makeup. Forget this if you use heavy make up
u still need to rinse
u taste the alkaline when removing lipstick... yuck

Repurchase
Nop! Nvr again

I'd stick to sephora makeup remover/wipes

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So surprised at all the negative comments! I really love this product. It does what it says it will do (or maybe it's because I am a micellar virgin thats why I am so amazed with this?) I have never really tried any other ones except for this just for crap and giggles. It took my make up off effortlessly. And I mean EVERYTHING... It's fantastic! I probably wouldn't buy again though after this bottle as another user said it has something in it that is carcinogenic... Better be safe than sorry!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I find this mediocre. Have to do a ton of wipes - bad for the skin - before it satisfactorily removes not even my entire makeup.

on 9/15/2017 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This would be 4 stars if it took all of my mascara off. It gets about 75% of it, and I don't wear waterproof, just regular.

It dries my skin as well. I tried it for five nights and while it certainly is convenient, I wouldn't want to use it on a regular basis. I bought a travel-size bottle of it and will likely keep it for that purpose only.

It's also good for wetting a q-tip to erase stray mascara or eyeliner marks.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my least favorite micellar water out of the 2 or 3 different brands I've tried. While it DID clean my skin (seriously, I'm always SHOCKED at how gross my cotton pads are after cleaning my face with MW in general), I feel like I have to rub a little more to get mascara off, which is something I've never had to do with other brands--and even then, it doesn't get it all. Thankfully, this doesn't have Garnier's signature sticky-sweet fruity scent, which I honestly expected--but it's fragrance free!

Overall not a bad product, I'd definitely repurchase if it were on a really good sale, but there are many other micellar waters at this price point that might do a better job.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My experience of using Garnier Micellar Water, regular. YMMV

Pros:
- budget friendly a.k.a cheap
- non irritating when I have sensitive day skin
- not stinging to the eyes
- fragrance free
- easily accessible (my minimart near home carried it)

Cons:
- more drying than bioderma
- not remove mascara completely (even non waterproof mascara)
- cannot remove SPF perfectly
- leaving sticky/filmsy residue (IDK whyy.. so I rinse off with lukewarm water again)

Great for:
- removing light makeup (without SPF underneath)
- quick pick me up morning (5.00am) cleanser (when I have to bath late at 10.00am)
- eye & lip remover (I had to use separate remover for bioderma)

Repurchase: Yes!

on 9/5/2017 7:27:00 AM

This is very good at taking make-up off. It's easy to use, it's inexpensive and it gets the job done. This was my go to eye make-up remover for a long time and it worked very well. I would not recommend using this as your stand alone cleanser, as I find that you still need something to properly cleanse the skin. This is a make-up remover, not a cleanser.

However, I have stopped using it because of the ingredients used in it. Or, rather, a specific ingredient: polyaminopropyl biguanide. I have read a couple articles now that stated that this is a carcinogenic and has therefore been banned by the EU because it is unsafe. Companies still continue to use it in cosmetic products anyway. Honestly, it put me off using this product. I don't know if the percentage used in this product renders it safe to use, but I'd rather not risk it as I use this close to my eyes and mouth. Because of this, I don't use micellar cleansing waters anymore as I have yet to find one that doesn't have this ingredient in it. It's a shame.