Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
image 1image 2image 3image 4

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

on 7/19/2016 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

After running out of Simple micellar cleansing water, I tried this for comparison's sake because the price point seemed pretty good. (Have not tried Bioderma yet.) As far as cleansing goes, it is equally effective. It stung my eyes just the slightest but bit sometimes, but I didn't pay it any mind. After months of having used this product, I noticed my eyes were perpetually red; I thought it was due to lack of sleep. Recently, I switched back to Simple and my eyes look much better. It turns out this was causing the irritation: DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE - a coconut oil based surfactant that is apparently too harsh for my eyes.

I could use this as a non-eye makeup remover, but the whole purpose of this product is that it be gentle enough to use as both.

This is not the first time I've had an unpleasant experience with Garnier's facial products, they just aren't tailored to those with sensitive skin, or eyes for this matter :(

on 7/18/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this very much. You get a huge bottle for a very reasonable price. I have the one with the pink cap/writing and would like to try the blue for comparison. I find it to be gentle, non-irritating and effective. It removes makeup, including eye makeup. I use it with the Swisspers Exfoliating Cotton Pads (highly recommend those, too). I don't detect any scent in this cleansing water. I have noticed that even after using regular facial cleansing wipes, if I follow up with this Micellar Cleansing Water, the pads show additional makeup/dirt residue. The Micellar seems to get whatever the wipes left behind, even after substantial rubbing with the wipes. Great product for me - give it a try!

To Read all 431 Reviews, Login or Join

I love to use the one with the blue cap as an eye makeup remover and the pink cap one as a toner, it really gets off every bit (blue). it says no rinsing necessary but I find that it is too oily not to. (blue) it feels very refreshing on the face (pink) and I like that it doesn't strip my skin of moisture. it is a pretty big bottle for around $10 but is frequently on sale. the pink one will not remove all your makeup, you will need an oil or a cream cleanser like ponds to get rid of everything, especially if you like to wear a full face every day

on 7/16/2016 11:01:00 AM

This is probably the best Garnier product I have ever used. I have sensitive skin which often gets very dry, especially my eye area. This cleanser is perfect for removing a full face of make-up without having to rub too much, unlike face wipes which sometimes leave my skin red and irritated. I usually wash my face afterwards, just to be certain it's clean. You definitely get your money's worth and I'll definitely repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first time I've used this today and I have to say I'm impressed. I don't really have anything to say about it except that for my skin (combination), it left kinda like an oily residue to it after I used it. I tested it to see if it removes make up (it's amazing at it) and after a couple minutes my face started to get a little oily so I would recommend using this for removing make up then taking a face wash and washing your face. Other than that I would most likely buy this again I'm very impressed.

on 7/14/2016 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

There is no way that I could not follow this with another - wash off - cleanser. My skin would freak out just from the silicones alone. Plus, no matter how many cottons I used I wouldn't ever feel like I was getting my skin clean. But that's a me thing, and obviously not about how the product performs. I have the blue cap "waterproof" variety. It works great for removing eye makeup, wp mascara, foundation, etc. I go through 4-6 cotton pads and then follow with my usual double cleanse (nars oil cleanser followed by cerave foaming face wash). Yes, I know that seems excessive, but it's what my skin needs to be happy and clog free.

on 7/14/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best makeup remover I have ever used. I used to predominantly use face wipes, which are not the most hygienic and do not remove all traces of makeup! I have also tried various other cream based makeup removers and they were just as messy and tough at removing makeup, but this was very ease to use, a little goes a long way and removed every bit of makeup on my face in seconds and is very gentle on the skin. It also gets rid of the toughest waterproof mascara easily. I will keep repurchasing this for as long as I can!

on 7/14/2016 9:31:00 AM

I bought this out of desperation while on vacation. I foolishly packed a tester size of a cleansing balm that I had been testing for a few short days before I left only to discover that my skin didn't like it. I ran to the local CVS and chose the waterproof (blue cap) because the ingredients looked slightly better for my finicky skin versus the regular (pink cap) version. I also thought that the waterproof version may be a bit better at removing the physical sunscreen that I wear daily and the sweat and grime that were an inevitable part of vacationing in a hot climate. My concern was whether this version would be more harsh and aggravate my sensitive skin and rosacea. I'm happy to report that it doesn't aggravate my skin at all!! In fact, my face is far less red after using this than when I use my DIY cleansing oil. I assume that it's because I tend rub my face less when using the micellar water versus the cleansing oil.

I shake the bottle and use a few soft Cosrx cotton pads moistened with this to successfully remove my sunscreen and any makeup that I'm wearing. I'll douse a pad in this and then hold it on each eye for about 30 seconds before gently swiping away my mascara. This works for either regular or the water resistant Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara that I wear. I feel a bit wasteful and guilty about using at least one cotton pad a night, but my skin seems to be happier. This hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation. Although it's not necessary, I rinse the micellar water before using my second cleanser. There's no residue, just soft, clean skin that doesn't feel tight or dry. I'm sure I could use just cleansing water if I was feeling especially lazy, but I'm a faithful double cleansing kind of girl. Knowing that I can use this midday to get the grime and sweat off after working outside without having to do a full routine is an added bonus.

The only other micellar water I used previously to which I can compare was Simple and I wasn't thrilled with it. I'm not sure what ingredient may have been the cause, but my skin didn't seem to like it. The price of the Garnier Micellar water is excellent, especially given the size of the bottle. I've been using it for over a month and feel like I've hardly made a dent in it! Plus, I like that I can find it easily in most any local store. I also appreciate that this product isn't fragranced and doesn't irritate my eyes. I have a bottle of Bioderma Sensibio to test, but if that doesn't perform far better, I'll definitely repurchase the Garnier Micellar water.

on 7/13/2016 11:22:00 PM

Love love love! Best, most gentle makeup remover in the makeup world. Dupes any other micellar or makeup remover. SO cheap and effective, really does take your makeup off in one swipe. Only thing is, it does have an extremely slight plastic-y scent? Or is it just me (It goes away quite quickly)?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This one does a really good job of taking off everything, including waterproof mascara. Plus, you get a huge bottle for a decent price. What made this product nice was that you didn't have to rub hard to remove it or use up a bunch of cotton pads in the process. A few gentle rubs on the eyes and the makeup came off. My preference is for the waterproof formula( the one with the blue cap) because the regular one (pink cap) irritated my eyes. The rest of my face was fine. The feeling afterwards was similar to swimming underwater in a pool with your eyes open. It can also make your eyes red too. So buyer beware! ;) I will not be repurchasing that one again. The other one however, will be a staple in my medicine cabinet because it did a good job and I did not have any reactions to it.