Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Micellar Cleansing WaterMicellar Cleansing WaterMicellar Cleansing WaterMicellar Cleansing Water

*PINK BOTTLE:AQUA/WATER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLOXAMER 184, BIGUANIDE

Amazing. Works like a magnet, even on waterproof makeup. I would recommend not using it as a cleansing water on its own however - use this and clean your face as you usually would afterwards.

on 2/20/2017 6:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst micelar water I have ever tried.

Let me start by saying that my skin is definitely not sensitive and I have never had an allergic reaction to any other skincare product - as with everybody, some things don't work for me, some things have an underwhelming performance, but nothing has ever physically hurt when I put it on my face. This product not only did not remove my makeup as well as it claimed to, but within 30 seconds from swiping a soaked cotton pad across my skin it started burning like acid (and I'll have you know I used to use a whole lot of different chemical exfoliators, so if anything was wrong with my face I'd know it from those).
I thought maybe my skin is somehow irritated, so I tried this on a couple of separate occasions, in combination with several products (including with and without exfoliators) - each and every time I felt like somebody splashed my face with acid (and this is not an exaggerration, it felt EXACTLY like acid). On top of that each and every time my face was left irritated, dry and red (for hours! even despite aloe gel applied immediatelly after this, which always helped my skin) - not to mention horrible acne outbursts on the 2nd day after each use.
To be completly fair, I have to say that after I tried this product I discovered that Garnier skincare somehow doesn't agree with my skin (meaning their products fail to perform as well as I'd like them to), but nothing has ever left me with these "results".

Yes, it is cheap and widly available, but I'd much rather spend some extra money on the original Bioderma (which this is claimed to be a dupe for - it is not) than suffer every time I use it and dread taking off my makeup each evening.

on 2/20/2017 7:01:00 AM

New products take a lot to impress me and I am fickle about repurchasing. I have to say this is really an amazing product! I wear a lot of makeup (mostly eye) and with two cotton pads both sides it takes off everything and best of all, no stinging! How do they do that? When I can't even buy a cleanser that I can use all over my face including eyes? I thought the whole "micellar" thing was a little gimmicky, but I have normal skin (used to be oily) and it just feels clean afterward. Of course I do a regular light wash afterward, but if you really didn't have the energy, you could use this alone before bed.

A repurchase for me!

on 2/20/2017 4:31:00 AM

Good but i need to use a ridiculous amount of it to take my entire face off, so in the end i guess it doesnt work out that cheap.

Good for a pinch, can be found practically anywhere and i know its good so i just buy a new bottle whenever i'm in a new area.

I've used up a whole bottle recently and my skin greatly improved after I stopped using it. After each use, my skin was irritated and dry. I was telling myself that my breakeouts are probably not related to it because I throughtfully washed my face after each use, so it can't be it, right? Wrong. It did a good job at removing full face makeup, though. But at what cost?

on 2/16/2017 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I totally love this product from Garnier. First, I have to say that I am not a ''GARNIER FANCLUB''. I used this micellar cleansing water because I ran out of my usual cleansing water. So I don't have much choice in 7-11 store. BUT it did surprisingly clean my makeup. How I found out this? I used it with cotton pads to wipe my make-up off at the end of a very tired day, and then I fell as sleep (no shower, no facial cleanser). I did this about 3 days in the same week. No acne on my face in the next morning!
Ps. did not mean not to take a shower but I was too busy and tired that week LOL

The blue one is good too.

I love this. I used to use the pink Bioderma one and that's also ok, but with the Bioderma, if I didn't double cleanse and wash after removing my makeup with it, I would break out a little. With the Garnier, it doesn't happen. I still double cleanse most of the time, but if I'm super tired, with the Garnier I can skip washing my face from time to time and it's all good.

on 2/15/2017 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i don't dislike this product but my reasoning for not wanting to repurchase is that after a wile of use it causes me to slightly break out,I know this for sure as was using it then stopped due to break out and when I tried it again same thing occurred. I am a oily/combination skin type that usually gets only slight hormonal breakout around my monthlys,that it that,I am not usually sensitive to products. On the positive scale,this product did remove all my makeup/foundation with the exception of my gel liner/benefit mascara which I don't mind as I use separated eye makeup remover for those anyway. I wanted to love the convenience of this product which is what I would call it but it doesn't make my skin feel freshly cleansed & refined. As a quick fix but not as my everyday routine,I imagine your skin would not be getting a thorough cleanse

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have the blue version, which is for waterproof makeup. It does the job adequately, although it doesn't top my HG, which is Clinique's Take the Day Off Makeup Remover. For me, nothing seems to break down makeup as efficiently and effectively as oils. The Garnier one does have some oil in it, seeing as it's a biphase sort of formula, but it's still not enough.

For eyeshadow and less resilient makeup, this micellar water strips them off with ease, but for the more difficult things - waterproof mascara and thicker foundations, particularly - it persisted even after going through multiple soaked cotton pads. Sure, you get a generous amount of product for the price, but some days you might end up having to pour out a lot to ensure a thorough cleanse.