Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar

3.9

Active Ingredients: Triclosan Inactive Ingredients: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG 20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May Contain: Sodium Palm Kernelate

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Life..changing...product, for me that is. I stopped using the pill last year and suffered really bad acne across my whole face: big cystic ones along my chin and neck. Even on my forehead too. I even started breaking out with pustules across my cheek :-(

Anyway after trying and failing miserably with other products (I even tried washing my face with manuka honey and that didn't work) and reading so many good reviews about this soap, I decided to give it a shot. I tried the original first and didn't notice much difference in my acne. It was a nice soap to use for removing makeup though. I didn't mind the scent either. It's a very mild medicated scent. I switched to the antibacterial version after using up the other. Within a month's time, my skin started to clear up. I get the odd spot here and there, but it's helped my skin so much! Like the others said, it can be drying so make sure to moisturize after (i just use QV). I also use this day and night, just with luke warm water. The soap lathers nicely too so you only need a bit for cleansing, but more for removing makeup.

Love how cheap this product is! So affordable. Last time i was paying $100 AUD for Exposed Skin Care but not anymore. I hope they never stop making this product.

Packaging wise I gave it a 3. Wish it was in a bottle. I get funny about soaps because I worry about how much nasty things grow on them. I would keep this product dry by taking it out of the shower and airing it out on an aerated soap dish. Even using tissues to wipe excess moisture.

Overall super happy with this product and really wanted to share with y'all. Hope it continues to work. It's only been 2 months but i am seeing amazing results.

Please note: I've used this with a combination of things like taking probiotics to help with digestion (to help with gut flora) and vitex (to regulate my hormones) for further help on my acne. I wouldn't recommend doing the same thing unless you've done your research/are comfortable with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have acne-prone super sensitive skin. I was consistently visiting my dermatologist last year. I was prescribed oral isotretinoin with topical cleansers and moisturizer which i finished my last round in august 2015. I then tried using dove bar (blue & white packaging, which we already have available at home) on my face and aloe vera plant as moisturizer as a cheap alternative, it was fine at first but then i started to have rashes (pimple-like-clumps) on my face which was very itchy and red. I decided to look for something milder and i came across cetaphil.

I had myself checked at cetaphil's free consult at the mall and they suggested the antibacterial soap for the rashes and redness plus their gentle cleanser as a moisturizer.

Process of use:
1. Cutoff a small part of the bar soap and place it in a facial cleanser bottle
2. Dilute it in mineral water and shake
3. 2-3 pumps from the bottle, Form foam and place it on my face (for long lasting use and less direct application on my super sensitive face; and for hygene purposes)
4. Cetaphil gentle cleanser (used as a moisturizer)

Less than a month of use, all the rashes and redness had subsided and disappeared and i've been using it continuously to present with no negative reactions. I am now back to using aloe vera plant as a moisturizer along with it and i do not have any new breakouts, redness nor rashes!! So happy with it and definitely continuing on using both this bar soap as cleanser and the gentle cleanser as moisturizer ;)

To Read all 125 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/21/2015 9:48:00 PM

Simple cleanser. Does the job and seems to fight off breakouts. Somewhat drying , so use a moisturizer after

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, rosacea, and occasionally break out. I cannot use salcylic acid, I have to use face wash with benzoyl peroxide, tea tree, sulfur, or vitamin c.

I kept getting a rash on my face from prescription retinol, I went to the dermatologist twice, each time she prescribed a different ointment. The first didn't work, the second worked on the rash, but made me break out. In the meantime my skin was a flakey from using the ointment from the rash, my usual face wash, panoxyl. So I needed something gentler. My deem recommended cetaphil, which I hate, but I tried again. I hate the consistency, smell, and the fact it doesn't lather. I checked cetaphil on here, I saw this bar and decided to try it. The antibacterial cetaphil bar cleared up my break out, dryness, it also cleared up the retinol rash, and it did not flare up my rosacea. I now use this nightly with my olay face brush, in the morning I use the cetaphil oil control foam wash with my face brush.

on 7/11/2015 4:38:00 AM

Your Product is really good

on 7/10/2015 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My dermatologist reccomended i buy this as i have horrible bad eczema and sensitive skin and during a horrible "one of the worst he'd seen." Episode he recd i buy this soap and bathe twice a day, the lotion and use as often as i could but lather on amd let dry and use my script Elidel. Twice a day. What i'd been battleing for over a month with the episode progressing worse he cleared up in two and was gone by the next. Def helped keep my skin healthy and bac free during the worse part.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This soap is supposed to be non-comedogenic and is listed as an anti-bacterial bar. Do not let this fool you. After only one use, my forehead broke out all over.

on 3/25/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I buy this product for my acne, this is the 7 day that i used this product and my skin is normal but i fell my skin better

on 3/15/2015 5:10:00 PM

After going through multiple face washes and soaps I've finally settled on this one. I have minor breakouts on my nose and chin every once in a while and this dramatically reduces them without ravaging my skin. It's very inexpensive and it last quite a while, too. My only complaint is that it comes in a bar rather than in a bottle, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

on 1/8/2015 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have a sensitive, dry and acne prone skin. I tried alot of products like physiogel, dove for sensitive skin, pimple soap, dr kaufmann, human nature hydrating cream, safeguard-acne prone but all of those just caused break out. At first I was a bit hesitant to try cetaphil but I took the risk and Im glad I did. Finally! It was a bit pricey but worth it. The next day aftr using it I already noticed that my face is not that red anymore and my pimple bumps got flat and dry :) It didnt also give me break outs and made my pores smaller. Excited for the coming days. Hoping to have a clear skin!