Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
Bourjois CC123 Perfect CC Cream

4.1

AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PROPANEDIOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PANTHENOL, SILICA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LYSOLECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, AMYL CINNAMAL, BHT, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PANTOLACTONE, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE.[ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS)].

on 5/30/2018 8:37:00 AM

I wouldn't really call this a CC cream, it's more like a sheer to light coverage foundation.
The lightest shade is a little too yellow and slightly too dark on me but blends in well enough that it looks very natural on, it's great for a no-makeup makeup look. It isn't drying, has a semi-matte/soft dewy finish, is very lightweight and is great for humid summer days when heavier stuff melts off my skin. As it is very light coverage I still need concealer on spots, bruises, undereyes etc but overall it is very flattering and evens out minor pigmentation and tonal issues. It is slightly too dark for me, but with brightening reflective concealers used judiciously to highlight the higher parts of my face and a light white or translucent powder on top, it gives me a summery and natural-appearing healthy glow without looking noticeably dark or orange.

Price-wise it's in line with Bourjois' other base products, so it's pretty affordable. Says it lasts 12 hours on the bottle but that's a stretch - I'd say around 5-6hours on me and my oily skin. The slim design of the bottle with a screw cap means I can throw it in my bag to carry around for touch-ups and provided I've screwed the cap on properly, it doesn't leak at all.

on 5/20/2018 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Pros: Light weight n matching my skin tone
Cons: Does not minimise any of my facial flaw!

Inorder not to throw it away, you need to follow with a good concealer & careful dusting with a finishing powder to get a passable finish look.

An overstated n overpriced product! Will not repurchase it unless with a 20% discount! I might as well get myself a Wet n wild foundation with half the $$$.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the PERFECT mediator between
Healthy Mix Serum gel-
(runny, light,breathable texture) and the
Healthy Mix Foundation- (medium coverage)
It’s easy to apply, blend like a dream & almost undetectable on the skin! Doesn’t cling to dry patches/sink into fine lines.
Natural finish - not dewy or overly matth,
And works well with any type of application I’ve tried. A+++ to that!
My only gripe is the POOR SHADE RANGE
Only Four to choose from, really?!
Shade “light beige” have distinctive yellow undertone (on the range of NC 20-22)
Shade “rose beige” have pinkish beige undertone (on the range of NW22-25)
and basically nothing in between.
I have a soft spot for Bourjois, great quality of products, but they need to step up their game & consider multi skin tones/undertone.
The formula is fabulous so I’ll repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

First application today for 7 hours and I am rather fond of this I was looking for something that is less heavy than foundation with decent coverage and moisture for my dry skin.

I applied this with my fingers and upon my first application, I could feel it just sitting on my skin (too much silicones, maybe?) and needed to properly blend this so that it looks even. One lippie off for the uncomfortable initial feeling. I tried patting it in and had to wait for a couple of minutes to let it set before dusting on some loose powder. I felt fine after the loose powder..

The coverage was great - the redness on my cheeks and around my nose, dark circles and little acne scars were evened out nicely - not 100% but 50 to 60% covered. 31 matched my skin colour and warm skin tone, which is somewhere between NC25 and 30.

The staying power was impressive, after 7 hours in a hot and humid environment, there was still some product on my face! I wasn't expecting that to happen, my skin still looked decently covered and albeit little more dewy than I first started the day - which I did not mind either.

I'll definitely use this as a daily cc cream/foundation and repurchase. I was deciding between IT and Bourjois but this won me over with the more reasonable price point. I only sampled IT on my hand and the difference is that the application was smoother, it dried quicker, I'm not cool with snail secretion on my face, and also more than twice the price of this one.

UPDATE: My skin somehow reacted badly to this product and patches of dry skin kept popping out at random parts of my face when I tried again after a week of "detox". I really wanted to like this and it was such a bummer ):

on 11/23/2017 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Just love this. I switched from loreal true match as it was looking very dry on my skin coming up to the winter. Been using this for about 2 months and this is honestly amazing from normal/drier skin In the winter. Definitely looks very smooth. Not sure it looks luminous but just looks like a very smooth natural skin. Feels so lightweight on the face and lasts all day when setting it with a bit of translucent powder. Just wish there were more shade options. I have ivory and this is a tiny bit light in the winter but with a tan would be ok.

on 10/11/2017 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin and have a few blemishes on the t-zone of my face. I live in a hot and humid country. This is my first cc cream so I can't compare it with other cc creams. I love cc cream because it has color correctors and it has spf so I don't have to spend extra time layering sunscreen underneath it especially when I'm rushing to work. The coverage is medium, and it has a natural finish. However, I notice that after 8 hour, it does oxidise. Plus my t-zone is shiny after about 4 hours of using it. And it transfers! Plus I hate the strong chemical smell! Still thinking whether to repurchase considering that it's much cheaper than the IT cc cream!

on 9/29/2017 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love this! I don't even know what a CC cream is supposed to be like so as with other reviewers, I'm just treating it like a liquid foundation.

Let's get the drawback out of the way - the shade range is terrible. I'm NW15 which luckily is the perfect shade for 31 Ivory. It's nice and pink based, if that's your thing.

It goes on very light and you can build it up. It doesn't oxidise, stick to dry patches or go oily. You can even wear without powder for light make up days. Love!

on 9/8/2017 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

GOOD:
Coverage - better than HM.
Matt more than HM.

BAD:
Too noticeable.
Accentuates dry areas and wrinkles, makes pores look bigger.

on 9/6/2017 10:10:00 AM

Good coverage, quite often I use it instead of regular foundation. It's hard for me to pick the right shade since ivory is too light (too pink?) for me and light beige is perfect for summer when I get some tan but too dark when the tan fades.

on 8/25/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a first impression review, but I was so moved by this CC cream that I must write a review now! Plus, as an avid user of foundations/BB creams/tinter moisturisers, sometimes it's easy to tell for me from a first impression how a product will fare in the long run.

I used my fingers to apply the CC cream, thinking it'll have the consistency and coverage of a BB cream or tinted moisturiser and not wanting to sheer out any coverage by using a sponge or brush. Boy, I was wrong. It was A LOT more coverage that I expected, much like a foundation pretty much. Despite that, it still applied nicely with fingers and didn't look cakey even hours after application. Stayed on all day. It felt lightweight on the face as well. It has a slightly matte finish which, again, I didn't expect from a CC cream. For reference, it's definitely more matte than Bourjois' healthy mix foundations. In fact, I feel like this CC cream even has higher coverage than the healthy mix foundations, which has a light to buildable medium coverage. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation from old acne and a little bit of redness from current spots, and this covers them up pretty well before I even apply concealer too.

I guess the only gripes I have with this CC cream is the limited shade range and packaging. I believe there are only 4 shades. I'm an NC25-30 in MAC and the second shade fits me well. If you're much lighter or darker than NC25-30, idk. The packaging is a bit messy as well. I ordered the CC cream online and since the tube's opening isn't sealed with a sticker or anything, a lot of the product leaked in the cap because of the air pressure etc. That kinda sucks, but it's okay now. Price is alright, a bit pricey in Australia but I purchased it during Priceline's 40% off cosmetics sale, so that's okay too!

Overall, I think this is a great CC cream if you wanna venture out of foundations onto BB creams or tinted moisturisers but concerned about the lower coverage. This is really good.