Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
123 Perfect CC Cream

4.2

AQUA (WATER), CAPRYLYL METHICONE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PROPANEDIOL, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PANTHENOL, SILICA, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, LYSOLECITHIN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE, AMYL CINNAMAL, BHT, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PANTOLACTONE, PHENETHYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE.[ /- (MAY CONTAIN): CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), MICA, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS)].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I can't believe it's taken me so long to review this product since it's one of the few makeup items I've actually repurchased. I don't know why it's marketed as a "CC cream", to me it's more like a good BB or a lightweight/medium coverage foundation.

This is just excellent all around. My shade is 31 Ivory, and it's a pretty good match for my fair/light skin. It's very liquidy and has a velvety feel to it. It spreads out very easily, just with fingers and gives a natural result that's neither matte nor dewy. I also find that it glides very effortlessly over any texture or flakiness. Coverage can range from light to medium depending what method of application you use and how much you build it up. It doesn't look cakey at all and it's perfect for daytime occasions. If I want more of a glowy, no-makeup makeup look I like to add a drop of face oil to it or even mix it with my sunscreen. It's not particularly longwearing -nothing on me is- but that can be adjusted with a primer and some powder on top.

My only problem is how leaky the bottle is, it can get messy and a bit wasteful but I'm overlooking it because the product itself is so great. Price is very reasonable for the quality.

on 6/5/2017 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this CC cream. I'm a foundation lover and have a considerable collection of both drugstore and high end foundations and this is one of my absolute favorites.
I have dry skin and redness and this cc cream does wonders to both. I does not cling to dry areas and it is the only foundation/cc cream that evens of the redness of my skin, without me having to go over with a concealer. It´s so easy and fast to apply and I have tried fingers, sponge and brushes. I personally prefer sponges - but that goes for all my foundations, as brushes tend to stir up dry skin.
I can't buy it where I live, but have found places to order it online. Will repurchase as soon as I run out and this time I will order the lightest and second lightest at the same time, so I can wear during fall and winter too.
I would say medium coverage. I looks beautiful when applied and blends in nicer than any other cc or foundation I own, it just melts into the skin, making it look flawless but not super made up.
Highly recommend. And the price is awesome.

on 5/12/2017 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've always liked the idea of bb/cc creams - a product that evens out the tan AND is good for your skin, but everything I tried was either too dark for my pale skin - even the lightest shades - or turned my face into an oily mess. Or both. (Looking at you, everyone's favorite Garnier BB cream!) Well, I finally found The One for me.
The finish is very natural, it's not matte nor dewy, it just gives you a healthy glow and it honestly looks and feels like you have nothing on your skin, it's pretty amazing. Also, it completely "erases" some stubborn redness that likes to appear in my nose area which I didn't expect considering it is not a foundation, after all. As for the application, I've only tried applying it with my fingers and I haven't had any problems - it blends super easily.
I've tried it both with and without some setting powder on top (I use Bourjois Healthy Mix powder, in case it matters), and without it, I tend to get a little oily by the afternoon, but it's not something blotting papers can't fix.
The only thing I dislike about this product is the scent - in the beginning, it's pretty strong and, like someone before me said, it reminds me of old ladies' perfume. But it disappears after about half an hour so I can live with it.
TL;DR: If you're a pale gal (or guy, why not) with oily skin, this is the CC cream for you.

I'm SO disappointed.

Having read so many great reviews on this CC Cream and waiting for my colour to come in to my local Priceline I was really excited to get it home and get playing with it.

I love the application, I love the look it gave me, I love the coverage, I love that it didn't settle into my fine lines , wrinkles or pores......tragically 2 days later my face hurts and I am a red mess :(

At least it didn't cost too much.

on 4/15/2017 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can't believe that I've only just found this!!
I am in my mid thirties and I have fine lines around my eyes and an uneven skin tone. Mainly redness on and around my nose and cheeks. I have a pale complexion and my skin is quite oily with some obvious pores on cheeks.
I have been using higher end products like Ester Lauder Double Wear, Lancôme concealer amongst others.
I have good skin apart from the redness and I wanted something that wasn't so heavy like a foundation but that evened out my skin tone.
I found this and I love it!! I have the concealer too which is just as good. It doesn't settle into fine lines, evens out my skin tone really well, doesn't settle in to pores and holds up to my oily skin. You wouldn't even know that I had it on as it doesn't have a powdery like finish. It doesn't oxidise either which is brilliant.
As I am quite pale I use the lightest shade and just sweep over some Nars Laguna bronzing powder. I think I am going to stock up on this. The price is brilliant and I like the packaging and consistency. It's easy to pop one in handbag and the consistency makes it easier to blend in easily. The only issue anyone would have with the packaging is if they were too heavy handed with it but that's the same with most things!
I really recommend this and the concealer.

on 3/17/2017 7:50:00 AM

I have tried many BB and CC Creams over the years (from Garnier and Maybelline to Bobby Brown and Estee Lauder) but this is my favourite considering quality and relative price. It is not perfect (hence 4 lipsticks not 5), but I don't think there is such a thing really!

I have combination/dehydrated skin which starts off the day quite dry and then ends up oily in the T Zone, I have found this CC cream doesn't adversely affect either my dry patches or my T Zone, it stays pretty even all day (at least 10 hours)

I have freckly skin which can look uneven, but this evens out my skin tone whilst not being too heavy & therefore looks nice and natural. I also suffer from the odd breakout (particularly hormonal breakouts) and find that this covers it really well (although sometimes I do have to go over it with concealer on the particularly annoying spots!).

The colours are relatively limited but I use Ivory generally on a daily basis (for work etc.), however, since I have repurchased I have bought in more than one shade (darker for when I have bothered to fake tan!)

Would recommend and I will continue to purchase - I think that is the meaning of HG??! :)

on 2/16/2017 8:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in the lightest shade Ivory and use it in the summer, when I'm most tan (haha).
Formula is very runny, application is ok, but it IS very siliconey. I apply it with my fingers and have to set it with a transluscent powder to get a satin finish.

Green pigment makes it look natural on me. It has surprisingly high coverage (i would say medium).

Packaging is tube with a thin nozzle, which is practical, considering how runny this product is.

TBH, I consider this a foundation.

on 1/27/2017 7:34:00 AM

I find this to be too oily, and doesn't blend very well. I mix it with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere one (in the little black plastic bottle) which is much drier and the result is alright, although I don't think I'll buy this product again. Also, if you are between two shades, better take the lighter one.

on 1/27/2017 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I purchased this CC cream in the shade 31 Ivory which is a decent match for my skin. It costs 25 AUD (17 AUD when it's on sale) for a 30mL tube and comes in the other shades - 32 Light Beige, 33 Rose Beige, and 34 Bronze.

The consistency is quite runny and has a tendency to spill out if I'm not careful. For that reason, I think it would be best suited to having a small pump on the end rather than the little nozzle but it's nothing worth refusing to repurchase over as I'm now on my fourth tube.
On application, it's quite obvious that there are some silicones present in the formulation and the fragrance is quite intense but that doesn't last very long at all. The thin "cream" glides on very smoothly with an almost velvety texture and although I associate that word with a matte finish it gives more of natural, skin-like appearance. It does a great job of correcting mild imperfections such as post-inflammatory pigmentation and redness, as well as giving a slightly blurred effect to the skin.
I'm really impressed with the lasting power of this CC cream too! it stays put all day on my normal/dry skin, even over the top of my rosehip oil in the middle of Summer.

Overall, it's a wonderful product and I'll continue to repurchase.

on 9/29/2016 11:27:00 AM

This really is a holy grail! It gives a decent amount of cover if you just want to hide some redness or spots but not look like you have anything on. No one ever notices that i have something on my face because you do not feel it and it blends in so beautiful and effortless with the skin. Great for everyday or beginners who just want to try wearing makeup. You won't feel a thing and will look flawless! Love it!!