CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

CeraVe  Eye Repair Cream
Eye Repair Cream

3.3

Purified Water, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Jojoba Esters, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc Citrate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Tocopherol, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/25/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have just started with anti aging and I have to say this one really impressed me. It is not a miracle cure but it really blurs my crows feet. I have oily to combination skin and all the harsh acne treatments have led to premature aging ( probably from drying too much and me not knowing how to deal with dry skin) , but that's not the only one to blame some of it is from enjoying life too much, doing activities like laughing all the time , drinking and such.
To come again to the product I do think this would have been more helpful if I started using it in my early 20's. Right now I have too much damage and I don't really think there's a cream that could help repair that completely but this one Is very good for maintenance and preventing more damage. I love that it keeps my eye area really moisturized and soft. I love the very good packaging which helps with keeping the cream fresh and the application clean. I love the very good afordable price. I would gladly repurchase if it was easier to find in Europe, I have to go on a hunt to find this gem.

on 4/22/2017 4:49:00 PM

I liked consistency of this product- not too runny, not too greasy... which meant that it didn't cause my concealer to crease or slide around. It didn't burn or sting like other folks have mentioned, but after a while I realized that it was causing my eyes to water all day long! I thought I had late onset allergies until I realized that my eyes were only watery after I applied this product.
I'm gonna keep it for major dry spots in other areas of my face because I think the balmy texture could be great for when my nose gets a little chapped in the winter, but it's definitely not something I want near my eyes anymore. :(

on 4/9/2017 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin..very discolored. This cream is a waste. Like the Cerave line but not this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE CeraVe. I have the lotion, the cream, the cleanser, the sunscreen. Adore CeraVe. This eye cream was a HUGE fail. I am still stunned. First, it wasn't as hydrating as I thought an eye cream would be. And the biggest fail was this STUNG. I do not consider myself to have sensitive skin and it is rare that I cannot use a product due to irritation. This really bothered me though.

on 4/6/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this eye cream. A basic moisturizer from the drugstore that does a great job. A lot of eye creams cause me to break out or irritation. I've been using this one for a few months with no problems. Great buy.

on 1/16/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm all about skincare, but for whatever reason I often neglect to use eye cream. I currently have a half used jar of something I bought at the mall and spent way to much money on. I have some fine lines under my eyes and some texture issue that let's face it wont be resolved with anything. This is a nice inexpensive eye cream, it's pretty lightweight so it's probably best suited for someone without heavy lines or wrinkles. It does plump the skin a bit after application. My skin is sensitive and prone to eczema and this didn't cause me any irritation. It's under $15USD a tube, soa bit less than Olay, and fraction of high end brands.

I'm very torn about how to review this product.

On the one hand, I don't think it is particularly impressive as an 'eye repair cream' - it is moisturizing, but I didn't notice a change in the appearance / feel of my under eye area (though I also didn't have the issues with burning, stinging, or other irritation other reviewers are reporting).

I also was a bit frustrated to see that this has very similar ingredients to CeraVe's regular moisturizing lotion, which is at a much more reasonable price point. https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=70344/Moisturizing-Lotion/CeraVe-/Moisturizers

BUT! I love this product - as a moisturizer, specifically as a spot moisturizer for very dry skin in the winter time. I love the cream texture much more than the 'runny' consistency of the regular moisturizer, and it has seriously saved my skin this winter - when I was ending up with a 'peeling' nose from blowing it too much during a cold, a nightly application of the eye cream completely destroyed the flakes and left my nose looking like the picture of health.

Overall, not impressed with this product as an eye cream, but love it for moisturizing very dry trouble spots. Leaves no flakiness behind!

on 12/31/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This eye cream is awesome. I've tried so many, and they all caused burning and stinging. This one is so soothing and moisturizing with absolutely zero irritation. I think I paid around $20.00 dollars for a tube of this cream, which isn't bad compared to other eye products on the market. Very high quality, I'll definitely repurchase.

on 11/12/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used everything from super high end eye creams to no avail. My derm suggested I try this, and I'm so glad he did. You only need a very small amount of product. Glides on nice and smooth and keeps my eyes very well hydrated. I'm a hairstylist so I have access to a lot of pricey products. Wish I found this earlier, I'd be rich from all the $$ I've spent through the years. Hope this helps.

on 11/3/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What the heck, Cerave? This eye cream is an abomination!
Never in my life have I had DRY skin under my eyes--dry, crepey, irritated, puffy, red!
I feel duped. Cerave makes great products, the ingredients were appealing, the price was fabulous. It even glides on smoothly. I read the reviews here, but thought "Eh, that can't happen to me."
After the first use, I noticed my eyes didn't look pleasant, and were a little red, but I chalked it up to allergies and/or dehydration. So I made the mistake of using the cream 3 or 4 more times.
Now I'm drinking tons of water, and smearing petroleum jelly under my eyes hoping they begin to look normal soon.
Thankfully I saved the box and receipt so I can return it.
Such a disappointment. An ugly, irritated, disappointment.