CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
Eye Repair Cream

3.3

Purified Water, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Jojoba Esters, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc Citrate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Tocopherol, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum.

on 4/5/2018 11:49:00 AM

Love it! I had a nasty dry patch on my eye lid. I don’t know how I got it or why. This stuff got rid of it fast. I’m 36 and my eyes really need a little love. The problem is that every eye cream I have tried aside from the tarte one has burned SO bad. I could use about any oil but who wants that under makeup? Plus oil clumps up my long eye lashes and I hate the feeling of that. I’m always tired. I’m yet to find a make up to cover that up, or an eye cream. Five stars for me bc it doesn’t burn and cleared up a dime sized dry patch after only a couple days use. I actually ordered another tube last night bc they’re but one get one 50% off at Ulta!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had a dry, itchy, scaly patch of skin under my eye which made it difficult to apply makeup, plus it was noticeable under makeup and flaky. I wanted to get an eye cream from Sephora but that would've set me back $40-100. I bought this about 2 weeks ago from Walgreens for $17 (NYC prices might be higher than other places). Within 4 days, the dry patch was noticeably better. It's easier to apply under eye concealer and it looks much smoother.

I don't know if any product can make under eye circles go away completely so that's why I gave it 4/5 instead of 5. It does a good job of moisturizing and is definitely a good product for the price point.

I use a couple other Cerave products like the night cream and have had no problems. I saw their eye cream and the price was right, so I thought I'd try it. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Certainly not enough to repurchase.

Tube packaging is nice. Odourless white cream that sinks in okay. Doesn't cause me irritation, but although the ingredients have been well reviewed by Paula and it gets 5 stars from her, I do agree with her review that it's not really necessary unless you truly want a separate eye cream. BUT, I don't think there is enough special about this cream to warrant repurchase, even at the low-ish price point. It's not particularly elegant in feel, seems a bit thick to me, and doesn't seem to moisturise much more than just using a nice facial moisturiser. If I want a dedicated eye cream I will spend the money for Clinique Even Better or Pepstart.

on 2/7/2018 12:33:00 AM

Used for six weeks. Light moisturizing effect to the applied area but little to no other impact. Did nothing to reduce the darkness around my eyes. Minor irritation to the eye area after continued daily use. Fine price, practical packaging. Didn’t finish, would not use again.

on 12/30/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty sure this was the cause of some milia I developed and it eventually caused some stinging with my contacts. Initially I blamed it on my mascara so I kept switching mascaras until I realized it might be my eyecream. DOH! It seems bland but there is something in this that aggravates my skin.

on 12/30/2017 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I use this eye cream at bedtime, I wake up and my eyes look worse ?????
Dark circles, paper thin dry skin, puffiness worse than before I started using it. Again, ?????
This stuff got pretty good reviews and I have heard good things about CeraVe, but this product for me was like ?????
The tube itself is pretty nice and the product doesn't burn/sting my eye area.
I will finish the tube up because I am a cheap ass, but am still looking for a good eye cream to help with the beginning stages of my crows feet and my puffy peepers.

on 12/11/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

:( has great ingredients so in theory it should work but my undereyes really did not like this cream. It’s only the third time I apply it (I was doing it twice a day) and I got small red bumps all over my undereye. I even have really small pimples from it in that area! I was waiting to see if it went away but it’s staying so I will stop uskng. Not sure if it’s an ingredient or if maybe it’s outdated? it seems like it works for some people but if you have sensitive skin you may not agree with this product either.

I do not like to leave reviews that are negative, but I thought I may as well put this out there as a precautionary measure. I am over 50, have very good skin, and nothing major happening. The only actives I use around my eyes on a regular basis are Timeless VitC, and the Cerave PM (niacinamide-maybe not considered an active, but some are sensitive).

I also use the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, and the Cerave SA Cleanser (AM only), and the Cerave AM Spf30-which had a free mini of this eye cream. I wasn't looking to buy one, but figured why not, I like (love, even) everything else from Cerave.

This is not particularly moisturizing, but I didn't mind, just added the PM lotion, and went on my merry way. By day 3 I was at work, and noticing my eyes were stinging, and watering so much that my mascara was traveling under my eyes. It was a feeling of dryness on my actual eyeballs, and a burning sensation that was forcing me to want to rub my eyes, and I struggled to get through the day, as my vision was a bit blurred from the irritation. The skin in that area looks dry and stressed... little argument on my face!

Here are some suspect ingredients:Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract.

I would not recommend this. If you are already using it and tolerating it, that's cool, but there isn't a redeeming quality I can think of to even bother trying this out. I hope they come out with a alternative eye cream, but if not I'm happy to stick with the PM as my eye moisturizer. However, with all that said, I LOVE Cerave products. They have saved my skin barrier, and allowed me to use Retin-a .01% every night. Highly recommend the cleansers, AM/PM moisturizers, Skin Renewing gel-oil, and Healing ointment.

I wanted to like this eye cream. I had looked all over for something that was affordable and effective but couldn't find anything that really appealed to me. I checked reviews for the brand and it seemed like a solid bet to try the product. I expected something gentle and effective based on how highly rated the brand is.
The consistency seemed fine in the tube I purchased. Small and easy to use packaging. I gently dabbed some under my eyes and wasn't thinking it would cause a miracle, but I did think that it was at least moisturize the delicate skin.
Actually, it burned. It didn't feel nice, it was itchy and felt unpleasant. It left my under eye area looking dry and more tired than before I used the product. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't think it's necessarily me. I wouldn't recommend this product. Go with something natural or spend more money for a better product. The price was appealing but the result was not.

I had been looking for a good eye cream for a long time and after searching around I stumbled across this one, the CeraVe Eye Repair Cream. After some research I saw that it was highly rated by a dermatologist and that it was only $10 at my local Walmart. I was also surprised to find great ingredients in it such as: Niacinamide, Ceramides, and Hyaluronic Acid. So I decided to try it out.

Day 1 - The evening following my purchase I followed the instructions on the box and applied small dots of the cream underneath my eyes and gently patted it into my skin. I really liked the creamy lotion-like consistency it had and it left my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy.

Day 2 - I noticed when I woke up the next morning that I had a few tiny bumps under my eye, they weren't red or itchy and I didn't think anything of it at the time, so I applied the eye cream that morning and night same way I did the day before.
Note: After I squeezed the product out of the bottle I noticed the cream was separating, I tried to shake the bottle to mix the products together again but it didn't help.

Day 3 - I woke, looked in the mirror, and saw that my under-eyes were swollen, itchy, and bumpy. I hadn't even thought to test the product on my neck for irritation or an allergic reaction. I was very disappointed. I wanted to like this product so much, but instead my skin didn't like it.

Conclusion - Long story short, I think this eye cream would have been very good if it hadn't of irritated my skin. It had a great price, great ingredients, good moisturization. I'm still unsure as to what ingredient caused my skin to act this may.

Product Pros - Affordable price, Moisturizing without being greasy, Fragrance free, Squeeze tube packaging to keep the ingredients stable, Lots of great ingredients (Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaloronic Acid, etc.).

Product Cons - Irritated my skin, Cream separated.

Please understand that my experience with this product may be different from other people's experience. If you plan on buying this product I highly suggest that you first test it out on your neck to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin or cause an allergic reaction.

My YT review of this product: