CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

CeraVe  Eye Repair Cream
Eye Repair Cream

3.4

Purified Water, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Jojoba Esters, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc Citrate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Tocopherol, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/16/2017 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm all about skincare, but for whatever reason I often neglect to use eye cream. I currently have a half used jar of something I bought at the mall and spent way to much money on. I have some fine lines under my eyes and some texture issue that let's face it wont be resolved with anything. This is a nice inexpensive eye cream, it's pretty lightweight so it's probably best suited for someone without heavy lines or wrinkles. It does plump the skin a bit after application. My skin is sensitive and prone to eczema and this didn't cause me any irritation. It's under $15USD a tube, soa bit less than Olay, and fraction of high end brands.

I'm very torn about how to review this product.

On the one hand, I don't think it is particularly impressive as an 'eye repair cream' - it is moisturizing, but I didn't notice a change in the appearance / feel of my under eye area (though I also didn't have the issues with burning, stinging, or other irritation other reviewers are reporting).

I also was a bit frustrated to see that this has very similar ingredients to CeraVe's regular moisturizing lotion, which is at a much more reasonable price point. https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=70344/Moisturizing-Lotion/CeraVe-/Moisturizers

BUT! I love this product - as a moisturizer, specifically as a spot moisturizer for very dry skin in the winter time. I love the cream texture much more than the 'runny' consistency of the regular moisturizer, and it has seriously saved my skin this winter - when I was ending up with a 'peeling' nose from blowing it too much during a cold, a nightly application of the eye cream completely destroyed the flakes and left my nose looking like the picture of health.

Overall, not impressed with this product as an eye cream, but love it for moisturizing very dry trouble spots. Leaves no flakiness behind!

on 12/31/2016 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This eye cream is awesome. I've tried so many, and they all caused burning and stinging. This one is so soothing and moisturizing with absolutely zero irritation. I think I paid around $20.00 dollars for a tube of this cream, which isn't bad compared to other eye products on the market. Very high quality, I'll definitely repurchase.

on 11/12/2016 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used everything from super high end eye creams to no avail. My derm suggested I try this, and I'm so glad he did. You only need a very small amount of product. Glides on nice and smooth and keeps my eyes very well hydrated. I'm a hairstylist so I have access to a lot of pricey products. Wish I found this earlier, I'd be rich from all the $$ I've spent through the years. Hope this helps.

on 11/3/2016 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What the heck, Cerave? This eye cream is an abomination!
Never in my life have I had DRY skin under my eyes--dry, crepey, irritated, puffy, red!
I feel duped. Cerave makes great products, the ingredients were appealing, the price was fabulous. It even glides on smoothly. I read the reviews here, but thought "Eh, that can't happen to me."
After the first use, I noticed my eyes didn't look pleasant, and were a little red, but I chalked it up to allergies and/or dehydration. So I made the mistake of using the cream 3 or 4 more times.
Now I'm drinking tons of water, and smearing petroleum jelly under my eyes hoping they begin to look normal soon.
Thankfully I saved the box and receipt so I can return it.
Such a disappointment. An ugly, irritated, disappointment.

on 10/27/2016 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm 24, and I was always under the impression that I was too young for an eye cream. I dabbled with one or two, never consistently using them to see results, until my late college years after I realized that all my cramming for exams overnight and partying were beginning to show in my under eye area. I'm a really big fan CeraVe's moisturizing cream and foaming facial wash, so when I saw this I decided to give it a try. I've been using this for the past 2-3 months for my dark under-eye circles, but I haven't seen a significant change so far in regards to that. However, my eye area is extremely moisturized. When I wake up in the morning, after applying this the night before, my eyes look refreshed, and any makeup I apply glides on and blends well within the area.

I believe I paid $18-20 for this, which isn't bad. The packaging is efficient as well. I will be repurchasing.

on 10/3/2016 1:04:00 AM

Burn burn burned my eyes. The irritation caused blurred vision no matter how careful I was in my application.

Unscented and doesn't irritate my eyes but doesn't provide moisture. I'm finishing my tube for night time use but basically put another cream or oil on top so it's somewhat useless. Good if you don't need moisture under eyes and have sensitive skin.

on 8/22/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is soo thin and watery, it provided absolutely no moisturization. Horrible product/ yes I did mix it up..it's just too thin to do be absorbed and do anything, my under eye area was left dry as if I never applied this cream....which I wouldn't even call it a cream because creams moisturize.

on 7/9/2016 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this eye cream. I have had horrible eczema on my eyelids and this is the only cream that doesn't irritate but skin. It's fantastic for moisture and doesn't create any millia under my eyes. It soaks in quickly and great for my super heavy concealer days.