CeraVe Eye Repair Cream

CeraVe Eye Repair Cream
Eye Repair Cream

3.3

Purified Water, Niacinamide, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Propanediol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Jojoba Esters, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Zinc Citrate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Chrysanthellum Indicum Extract, Tocopherol, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sorbitol, Triethanolamine, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Phytosphingosine, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum.

on 12/30/2017 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm pretty sure this was the cause of some milia I developed and it eventually caused some stinging with my contacts. Initially I blamed it on my mascara so I kept switching mascaras until I realized it might be my eyecream. DOH! It seems bland but there is something in this that aggravates my skin.

on 12/30/2017 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I use this eye cream at bedtime, I wake up and my eyes look worse ?????
Dark circles, paper thin dry skin, puffiness worse than before I started using it. Again, ?????
This stuff got pretty good reviews and I have heard good things about CeraVe, but this product for me was like ?????
The tube itself is pretty nice and the product doesn't burn/sting my eye area.
I will finish the tube up because I am a cheap ass, but am still looking for a good eye cream to help with the beginning stages of my crows feet and my puffy peepers.

on 12/11/2017 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

:( has great ingredients so in theory it should work but my undereyes really did not like this cream. It’s only the third time I apply it (I was doing it twice a day) and I got small red bumps all over my undereye. I even have really small pimples from it in that area! I was waiting to see if it went away but it’s staying so I will stop uskng. Not sure if it’s an ingredient or if maybe it’s outdated? it seems like it works for some people but if you have sensitive skin you may not agree with this product either.

I do not like to leave reviews that are negative, but I thought I may as well put this out there as a precautionary measure. I am over 50, have very good skin, and nothing major happening. The only actives I use around my eyes on a regular basis are Timeless VitC, and the Cerave PM (niacinamide-maybe not considered an active, but some are sensitive).

I also use the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, and the Cerave SA Cleanser (AM only), and the Cerave AM Spf30-which had a free mini of this eye cream. I wasn't looking to buy one, but figured why not, I like (love, even) everything else from Cerave.

This is not particularly moisturizing, but I didn't mind, just added the PM lotion, and went on my merry way. By day 3 I was at work, and noticing my eyes were stinging, and watering so much that my mascara was traveling under my eyes. It was a feeling of dryness on my actual eyeballs, and a burning sensation that was forcing me to want to rub my eyes, and I struggled to get through the day, as my vision was a bit blurred from the irritation. The skin in that area looks dry and stressed... little argument on my face!

Here are some suspect ingredients:Equisetum Arvense Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract.

I would not recommend this. If you are already using it and tolerating it, that's cool, but there isn't a redeeming quality I can think of to even bother trying this out. I hope they come out with a alternative eye cream, but if not I'm happy to stick with the PM as my eye moisturizer. However, with all that said, I LOVE Cerave products. They have saved my skin barrier, and allowed me to use Retin-a .01% every night. Highly recommend the cleansers, AM/PM moisturizers, Skin Renewing gel-oil, and Healing ointment.

I wanted to like this eye cream. I had looked all over for something that was affordable and effective but couldn't find anything that really appealed to me. I checked reviews for the brand and it seemed like a solid bet to try the product. I expected something gentle and effective based on how highly rated the brand is.
The consistency seemed fine in the tube I purchased. Small and easy to use packaging. I gently dabbed some under my eyes and wasn't thinking it would cause a miracle, but I did think that it was at least moisturize the delicate skin.
Actually, it burned. It didn't feel nice, it was itchy and felt unpleasant. It left my under eye area looking dry and more tired than before I used the product. I don't have sensitive skin so I don't think it's necessarily me. I wouldn't recommend this product. Go with something natural or spend more money for a better product. The price was appealing but the result was not.

I had been looking for a good eye cream for a long time and after searching around I stumbled across this one, the CeraVe Eye Repair Cream. After some research I saw that it was highly rated by a dermatologist and that it was only $10 at my local Walmart. I was also surprised to find great ingredients in it such as: Niacinamide, Ceramides, and Hyaluronic Acid. So I decided to try it out.

Day 1 - The evening following my purchase I followed the instructions on the box and applied small dots of the cream underneath my eyes and gently patted it into my skin. I really liked the creamy lotion-like consistency it had and it left my skin feeling moisturized but not greasy.

Day 2 - I noticed when I woke up the next morning that I had a few tiny bumps under my eye, they weren't red or itchy and I didn't think anything of it at the time, so I applied the eye cream that morning and night same way I did the day before.
Note: After I squeezed the product out of the bottle I noticed the cream was separating, I tried to shake the bottle to mix the products together again but it didn't help.

Day 3 - I woke, looked in the mirror, and saw that my under-eyes were swollen, itchy, and bumpy. I hadn't even thought to test the product on my neck for irritation or an allergic reaction. I was very disappointed. I wanted to like this product so much, but instead my skin didn't like it.

Conclusion - Long story short, I think this eye cream would have been very good if it hadn't of irritated my skin. It had a great price, great ingredients, good moisturization. I'm still unsure as to what ingredient caused my skin to act this may.

Product Pros - Affordable price, Moisturizing without being greasy, Fragrance free, Squeeze tube packaging to keep the ingredients stable, Lots of great ingredients (Niacinamide, Ceramides, Hyaloronic Acid, etc.).

Product Cons - Irritated my skin, Cream separated.

Please understand that my experience with this product may be different from other people's experience. If you plan on buying this product I highly suggest that you first test it out on your neck to make sure it doesn't irritate your skin or cause an allergic reaction.

My YT review of this product:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great moisturizing lotion that keeps the eye are nicely hydrated. I apply this in the morning, after my shower, then after I've applied body lotion, combed my hair etc. I apply my sunscreen all over my face.

This keeps my eye area moist and my concealer goes on much better. At night I prefer to use Kiehl's eye cream because it's richer and keep this for the day.

on 8/20/2017 9:00:00 AM

I had used up two tubes of this eye cream and it is one of the best thing I've ever used. Firstly, I have a very sensitive skin around my eye area and had always been very careful what I use at my eye area. I've picked this up from the store and thinking it's just a basic eye cream to keep my skin hydrated. However, it turns out to be more than I expected. Firstly my eyes are less puffy on the day I used this, there was a few times where I didn't bring this with me to a week long holiday, immediately I've noticed the difference. Secondly, my dark circles is much less visible after using it. I had recently switched to something else and noticed my dark circles is much darker.

I'm really amazed by the results and would definitely buy it again.

on 4/25/2017 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have just started with anti aging and I have to say this one really impressed me. It is not a miracle cure but it really blurs my crows feet. I have oily to combination skin and all the harsh acne treatments have led to premature aging ( probably from drying too much and me not knowing how to deal with dry skin) , but that's not the only one to blame some of it is from enjoying life too much, doing activities like laughing all the time , drinking and such.
To come again to the product I do think this would have been more helpful if I started using it in my early 20's. Right now I have too much damage and I don't really think there's a cream that could help repair that completely but this one Is very good for maintenance and preventing more damage. I love that it keeps my eye area really moisturized and soft. I love the very good packaging which helps with keeping the cream fresh and the application clean. I love the very good afordable price. I would gladly repurchase if it was easier to find in Europe, I have to go on a hunt to find this gem.

on 4/22/2017 4:49:00 PM

I liked consistency of this product- not too runny, not too greasy... which meant that it didn't cause my concealer to crease or slide around. It didn't burn or sting like other folks have mentioned, but after a while I realized that it was causing my eyes to water all day long! I thought I had late onset allergies until I realized that my eyes were only watery after I applied this product.
I'm gonna keep it for major dry spots in other areas of my face because I think the balmy texture could be great for when my nose gets a little chapped in the winter, but it's definitely not something I want near my eyes anymore. :(