Organix Sea Mineral Moisture

Organix Sea Mineral Moisture

Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Deep Sea Minerals, Green Algae, Sea Kelp, Albumen, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Tetrasodium Edta, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

on 10/6/2017 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have naturally wavy-curly, fine-medium textured, color treated hair that is to the middle of my back. In my quest to find the perfect shampoo/conditioner combination (I use silicone containing styling products, so shampoo is a must), I decided to purchase this and the matching conditioner after reading reviews both here and on Amazon.

The texture is thick, and spreads more evenly if mixed with a little bit of water or if your hair is thoroughly soaking wet. It reminds me of the old St. Ives shampoo from back in the 80's, if you are old enough to get that reference. It is fine as far as not stripping my hair and not leaving it feeling dry, but it doesn't leave it feeling exactly clean, either. Not a big deal when you rotate shampoos like I do, but there was one big drawback that made this shampoo/conditioner combo a will-not-repurchase for me, and that was *the smell*.

It smells like my grandmother's bathroom, and not in a good way. It smells musty and like old Shower to Shower body powder or something. It doesn't smell nice or perfume-y or floral or anything GOOD. It just smells old and stale. No, I didn't get a bad batch or an expired bottle. Honest to goodness, this stuff just smells horrible to me.

For a drugstore shampoo, it's pretty pricey, so if it's not working miracles on my hair (it's not), and the smell doesn't make me swoon with joy (absolutely not), then it makes no sense for me to repurchase. It's a decent enough shampoo, I suppose, just nothing special or wonderful, and the smell (for me, anyway) is an absolute deal breaker.

YMMV, and all noses are different.

on 7/31/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the shampoo and conditioner and really enjoy using both.
They both have a strong ocean scent which for some may be much but for me I find quite pleasant. The shampoo is very thick and needs to be rinsed out well or it can leave residual on the scalp.
I have frizzy, thick, straight hair that is stubborn to keep into a wavy or curled style. After using this shampoo with the conditioner, it gave my hair some texture that helped my hair keep a wavy style and add body. Not only that, but my hair has improved after using a high end shampoo (Redkin Extreme) that completely sucked the life out of it. My hair is now less frizzy, stronger, and fuller thanks to this line. I definately will be repurchasing again once the bottle is empty and recommend it to gals with stubborn straight hair like mine that won't hold a style.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Just repurchased my third bottle of this. If you have baby-fine hair like me, don't write this one off because of the name: it won't flatten your hair. In fact, this gets my hair super-clean & full of body the days I use it. The smell I can take it leave - I just like the performance.

on 8/1/2016 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very thick for a shampoo, seems like more of a conditioner consistency to me. This is a little difficult to rinse out but it does clean my hair without drying it out and leaves it soft and shiny. I love the scent but it is strong and doesn't fade that much so I recommend smelling it before you buy to make sure you like it. Would repurchase.

on 7/19/2016 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My hg I try others but always come back. My hair loves this stuff. I love the smell and Tiffany colored packaging. Getting last bit out is always tough for me.

on 1/22/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

So far this is my favorite of the many organix shampoos I have tried. I LOVE the scent, and it makes my hair feel fabulous without weighing it down - although I condition first then shampoo because my hair gets unbelievably greasy no matter what I use. Hope that this settles my scalp down.

on 2/14/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have tried a few of the Organix shampoos but by far this is my favourite one. My hair is on the finer side and usually gets greasy towards the roots more quickly but using this along with the matching conditioner has improved the quality of my hair so much. When I first started using it I didn't notice any difference, it was an okay shampoo but I didn't see anything special, but with continual use (I have used up the bottle), I noticed that my hair was becoming more hydrated and much more balanced then it had ever been, and the lengths in particular did not feel or look dry. The formula also does not irritate my scalp and overall I feel that this has truly nourished my hair in a stealthy way without weighing it down. Seriously impressed!

I actually really like the shampoo but hated the smell. I have very thick coarse dry hair that feels rough and tangled oh did I mention my hair is straight and really long. You can imagine the tangles and snags I get but with this shampoo and conditioner my hair didn't really give me problems I actually liked this a lot that I want to try the cherry blossom next. My hair felt soft it was shiney and more manageable of course. It cleanses well it didn't dry my scalp out either I'm currently using living proof right now and it's a huge difference but if I ever need a drug store alternative this will be my go to

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am OBSESSED with this product and the matching conditioner. I have fairly thin hair. (it's starting to thicken oddly enough, but I don't think it's the shampoo.) and it gets greasy after a day. With this shampoo, I get two days of wear out of my hair which is fabulous! (and amazing for my hair.) I adore the smell. My girlfriend hates it but she will survive.

on 6/16/2016 4:01:00 PM

I have seborrheic dermatitis and have had such an itchy and irritated scalp for years. I don't have dandruff with it, and the dandruff shampoos did nothing for the dermatitis. I finally found that putting dead sea salt brine on my face really cleared up the seborrheic dermatitis in my eyebrows. So I found this shampoo that had sea minerals in it and it's really helped, the itchiness is not nearly as bad. It's not a cure but definitely helps.

Popular Shampoos