3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

Far from adding fullness to my fine, thin hair, this just made it wet, sticky, and scented with eau de Dimetapp. I kept trying to make it work with disastrous results every time, so it was a relief when the nozzle got gummed up with this goo and stopped dispensing. Good riddance. I'm glad it worked for some others here, but I hated it!

About reviewer (449 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

This spray is really powerful. If I spray it too closely it can really be strong. I noticed someone commented below that it is like a "wet hairspray" and that is exactly how I feel. It leaves a wet look to my roots :( I have very fine thin hair that gets greasy easily at the roots so this doesn't help....

About reviewer (1040 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

4 years ago

This is my favorite hairspray. Admittedly, there are probably much better hairsprays out there, but this one is nostalgic for me. I bought this for the first time in high school, when my boyfriend and I first started dating. He LOVED the scent of this, and would always comment on it, which made me want to wear it all the time. So I did, and along with doing that, I realized just how good this hairspray was for my hair type. It has a stiffer hold if you apply it directly, which works really well for my fine hair and keeping flyaways in place. But if you apply it more lightly and comb through afterwards, this calms frizz and styles as well. Using it in both ways (to hold heat-styled hair or to tame frizz) is really what makes this a winning product for me. I enjoy the smell as well (albeit not as much as the BF), but I have repurchased this and will continue to. Bonus - it has a great price and is sold almost anywhere.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

This product is HG for me. I've re-bought plenty of times. I have thick hair and usually any time I teased, it wouldn't hold. I also have very straight, soft hair (I know I sound like a jerk bc it may sound perfect), but it can be too soft to do anything with. I spray this into my gem air in sections and it ads SO much volume that holds! I also give my hair a quick spritz it all over to get it some texture. I use this spray practically daily, and I will keep rebuying! My only issue is that sometimes the nozzle gets stuck, even if you run it under hot water. CVS was kind enough to let me exchange the bottle even without the receipt. Regardless, in my eyes, great product and I absolutely love it.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

This would be absolutely perfect for what I needed except for the smell! It is so strong and never goes away. It actually left me feeling nauseous. Smells more like a Right Guard spray deodorant than a hair care product. It works great, but I just can't use it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

Best hair spray/teasing spray ever. Delivers the finest mist of any I've tried. I've spent over $30 on hairsprays, and they do not stack up to this $5 can. Love it.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

5 years ago

i just didn't like this at alllll for my fine short hair :( this is just a very sticky mess for me and looks awful in my hair, no matter how little I use. I fell like i might as well be spraying a wet hairspray in for all the good it does me. I much prefer the Garnier Texture Tease to this!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

Total waste of money. It weighed down my hair and did not give it any texture. I tried it twice. Once closer to my head and more spray and the next time farther away and lighter coverage. Two thumbs down and two bad hair days. This stuff sucks.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

This product was horrible. It was too wet and weighed down my hair. (I tried to spray less of it at different distances from my head, but still no luck) It also smelled HORRIBLE and the smell stayed. It smelled like bad old lady perfume. I heard from multiple people that it was really good. Perhaps my hair is too fine for this. I did use a coupon and it was on sale, it was such a good deal I knew it was too good to be true. I would not repurchase. Wet and heavy and smelly hairspray. TERRIBLE

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

This product was a huge fail in two areas. First, the product didn't work for me. I have fine to medium texture hair and it didn't lift it any more than a hairspray would. Maybe it's best for those with course texture because I actually saw YouTube video demos where the women had course hair and it actually worked for them. Not for me...at all! The second fail was the overwhelming scent. It basically smells like bug spray and it lingers throughout the day. I couldn't wait to get home to wash it out of my hair. I can't imagine anyone finding this scent pleasant. If you care about how your hair smells, this is not for you. Even if this worked well, I couldn't get past the odor...ugh. The product is very inexpensive, about $4.99 but is not worth even that - I tossed it.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

Age25-29