Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

3.9

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 10/28/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have yet to meet a LP product that works for me. This made my thick hair a poofy mess. Maybe it's good for thin or fine hair.

My friend who went shorter than pixie gave me this.

on 10/24/2017 12:52:00 PM

I love these multi-tasking hair products like Redken One United, Revlon Uniq or Alterna CC Cream, so this was the main reason to get the PhD trial set as LP products in general seem to get great reviews. First time I used this one I used way too much, like walnut-sized blop and it weighted my hair down like nothing else and I couldn't blow-dry my hair as it took like 30 minute to get it dry. Next time I used a tiny amount and it really took care of frizz, along with the matching shampoo and conditioner. But it has similar fault with the PhD conditioner, they make my hair dull, not shiny and tends to grease up hair quite quickly. Granted I have rather fine hair, but I find the grease and build up from PhD products to be extreme, and I notice no actual improved in the way my hair looks or feels. It's just tangly, with sort of layer of tacky all over. I'm back to my normal Alterna hair routine and I have instantly good hair again, soft, shiny, managable. Living Proof is not right for my hair.

on 6/28/2017 8:06:00 AM

Okay, I've jumped on the bandwagon on this stuff, but it took me awhile to feel the love. I bought a full size a couple of years ago because of all the hype, but blow drying my hair with it produced mediocre results: My fine, thin, straight hair was left limp & shapeless. I returned it. In the past year, I've been trying a number of LP products with good results (although i have to be careful about what I combine because too many can sometimes lead to lack of body for me). With it being summer, I was looking for a way to air dry my hair without it being a limp, frizzy mess so decided to give this another try. I used about a pea-sized amount on damp hair, concentrating on the mid lengths and ends but really working it in. Then I used about four squirts of the LP Texturizing Mist (squirted in my hand to distribute better), working that through the roots and anything left over in a quick swipe or two down the length. I did use the dryer for about a minute because I have bangs & just to get the roots a little coaxing in the right direction since I have so many cowlicks, but otherwise just let it do its thing. My 95% straight hair dried in lovely waves which have held up for FOUR days! We're not talking styled like I spent an hour blow drying and curling my hair, but it's pretty darn close to sexy beach goddess hair. Looks effortless and - amazingly - it is!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I have a sample tube I got with a trial set that has lasted me quite some time. I don't use this product every day. I use it every 2-3 days and for me, it does what it says it does. I have medium thick straight hair with a fair amount of body in it. This just calms everything down nicely and I don't have static or fly aways, if I use this regularly.

It is a white cream and I only need a very small amount, about the size of a dime or little less, to get good control with my short haircut. I apply to damp hair and blow dry and style as usual and my hair looks good.

I did check on pricing for full size @ Target and saw that the full size is approx. $25-30, but considering that I only use it every few days and that I only use a very small amount, this full size product will probably last me a year or more, when I finally purchase one.

on 10/13/2017 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this product! My hair is picky and difficult. Oily scalp, tons of extra fine, wavy hair that gets frizzy but gets weighed down depending on the product. This truly believe this product lives up to its claims. A little is all that is needed. Very happy.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a deluxe sample so I took it on a trip. I have straight, thick, yet damaged hair. My ends were dry and my hair had no radiance at all. It did control frizzies but thats it...sucked.

on 10/12/2016 9:11:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample of this in my September Ipsy bag. I didn't expect much from it, but this stuff is AMAZING on my hair! I have the kind of wavy hair that NEVER does what I want it to, no matter how hard I try to beat it into submission with products, blow drying, etc. Except it does EXACTLY what I want it to do when I apply Perfect Hair Day and my hair looks great! I will be sad when I run out of my deluxe sample because I am generally kind of thrifty when it comes to haircare products and hate to spend $24 for a styling treatment. In this case, however, I think it's totally worth the extra money.

on 11/12/2016 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product helps smooth my super frizzy curly, type 3a, hair. I'm on my second tube.

on 12/17/2016 5:17:00 PM

What an amazing product! I have fine, straight hair that falls flat soon after blow drying. It's rare to find a product that doesn't weigh it down. Even "light" styling products that claim to be made specifically for fine hair usually work against me. This 5-in-1 styling treatment is actually different! I use it with the PHD shampoo and conditioner (although it works with other shampoos/conditioners) and it gives my hair some volume while keeping flyaway at bay. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all, and at the end of the day my hair actually feels cleaner than it does on days that I don't use it. It's not cheap, but you only use a tiny amount each day so it lasts a long time. Great stuff!

on 1/18/2017 12:43:00 AM

I got a sample of this a while ago but it has lasted a very long time. The simple elegant packaging really appeals to me. The scent is light and does not stay in my hair long but it is, to my nose, decidedly masculine. Doesn't really go well with any other scented products that I am using.

Between this, Bumble & bumble Straight Blow Dry, and Aveda Smooth Infusion, I would say this is about in the middle. It has a good smell and it works the best on air-dried hair. My hair is soft and silky and less frizzy. These results are only amplified when I blow-dry my hair. A little goes a long way and I do not feel weighed down or greasy using this. I like the Aveda better because it is a little cheaper and smells better. Because of that I probably would not pay for a full size of this product.

Popular Styling Products