Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

on 11/12/2016 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product helps smooth my super frizzy curly, type 3a, hair. I'm on my second tube.

on 10/12/2016 9:11:00 AM

I received a deluxe sample of this in my September Ipsy bag. I didn't expect much from it, but this stuff is AMAZING on my hair! I have the kind of wavy hair that NEVER does what I want it to, no matter how hard I try to beat it into submission with products, blow drying, etc. Except it does EXACTLY what I want it to do when I apply Perfect Hair Day and my hair looks great! I will be sad when I run out of my deluxe sample because I am generally kind of thrifty when it comes to haircare products and hate to spend $24 for a styling treatment. In this case, however, I think it's totally worth the extra money.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/25/2016 11:45:00 AM

This is a holy Grail product for me, and a must have if you have fine and limp hair.

Since my hair is fine and thin most products either have too much build up, create a sticky mess in my hair, weigh it down, cause breakage or just do nothing at all.

I have been using this product for years and I don't even mess with trying out other products anymore.

I am really low maintenance with my hair. I keep it medium length, I don't use heat styling. I just want to wash it and be done with it.

I shower. I use about two pea sized amounts of living proof PHD when my hair is still damp but not dripping. I massage it in focusing on the scalp, then take whatever excess is on my hands and rub that down the strands. And that's it. My hair has volume and a bit of shape to it, fly aways are a bit tamed down. I can go every other day without washing or styling, whereas before I needed to wash daily.

This is just a perfect no fuss, no muss product. And my hair is so healthy bc im not using harsh mousses and hair sprays anymore.

Sometimes if im feeling extra fancy on weekends, I might blast my hair with the dryer for a few minutes just to give more shape and uniformity to my ends. It's nice that PHD also has a heat protectent in it. Just a great, essential all in one product. I feel like thicker hair ladies have so many more options for styling products. I love the living proof line for woman like myself, who have fine lifeless hair that needs all the help it can get...

on 7/31/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

My Holy Grail hair product.

My hair is naturally silvery white after stop coloring for 5 years, and somewhat wavy-frizzy.
I use this product before blowout and my hair turns into a perfect hair. It becomes smooth and frizz-free yet NOT flat, and glossy like crazy. Even my hairstylist notice the difference! And the somewhat chemical smell ( which never bothers me ) completely gone after the blowout.

This stuff is the real deal.

I have straight, fine textured, medium to thick hair that is highlighted (regular mousy blonde lightened to a warm level 8-9). I have been growing it for about a year from a pixie cut, and it is now a mid length bob with some layering.

I have tried many products throughout the different growing periods with my hair. In the beginning, it was volume and texture products. I mostly used volume powders and silicone shine sprays. As it got longer, I used volume mousse and texture creams.

A few months ago, I had a color mishap when I went to a stylist who was not my regular one. I had a bunch of breakage, and my ends started to feel fragile. I started using the aphogee protein treatment every 4-6 weeks to get my hair back in shape, since I was still trying to grow it out.

So, now my hair is in decent enough condition, but all the silicones, creams, powders, dry shampoos etc are just weighing it down. I don't like to wash it too often (for protection) and all the products that I had been using just make it look gross after a day or two.

Enter the LPPHD. This stuff is amazing. I use it with the matching shampoo and conditioner. On day three, I spray in the living proof dry shampoo, which is also wonderful. My hair is volumized, soft, shiny, and feels thick and strong. I use only this ONE product to blow dry. no more mousse to make crunchy areas and feel sticky. No more sliicones to make my hair feel sticky and dirty.

Today I took it with me to my stylist (back to my regular person) to use when she bow dried my hair, and she could not get over it. SHe has been doing my hair for over a decade, and said mid-blowdry, "I know what your hair usually feels like at this point, and it is so different!" She could not believe the volume and ease of styling that this product produced. I actually left it there with her to try on her other clients, and went home and ordered a new one from amazon. I'm not worried about being without it, because when it's used with my blow dry, my hair looks good for easily four days.

I cannot say enough good things about this stuff. It really is a breakthrough product.

on 7/2/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A friend of mine gave me the end of her bottle because it's her HG product. She use it in every way you can possibly imagine... on wet air, air dry, on dry hair to smooth, on wet air to blow dry and style, etc. etc. It's her HG and she told me about it again and again and again, so I was really looking forward to dry it, unfortunately it didn't really do anything for me.

It made my hair kind of greasy and heavy, and I felt like it really weighted my hair down. The smell is nice, soft and flowery, and I liked the fact that even the end of the bottle lasted a really long time, 6+ applications, but that's about it. I don't think it's working on me, at all. For reference, I have long hair that don't have color in it, they are heavy and full, and tend to get dry and tangly at the end, but greasy and heavy at the roots.

I would not purchase this product, but YMMV as it's my friend HG.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't decide between a 2 or 3 lippie rating! My hair is a little thin (thyroid issues) single process colored, somewhat oily scalp but normal/slightly dry hair. I only used a large pea size amount smoothed over middle to ends of damp hair before blow-drying.
Pros: Gives volume and body, smells fresh
Cons: Can't wash out. Seriously - it took 3 consecutive days of Redken Cleansing Cream to get this glue out of my hair. On the second day my hair felt dirty. Not worth it to me.

on 4/3/2016 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very nice product. I wasn't expecting to like it but my goodness I was very surprised to experience the smoothness of my hair after blowdrying. I generally forego flat ironing (only now and again) but I really felt that my hair didn't need it even if I had plans to do so.

I probably used too much for most but I don't suffer from greasy hair - dryness is my problem. I sectioned my hair into four and applied a dab to each quadrant; this was quickly absorbed.

I normally have to put something on my ends after blowdrying but not this time; I had zero frizz post drying. Okay, I thought we'll see how it holds up the next day, but it was much of the same thing my hair had zero frizz even in the drizzly weather and my style held up perfectly. My hair even feels slightly thicker and it has more volume; will definitely repurchase.

I've not tried the 5-in-1 to air dry as you are supposed to use this after blow drying, but I feel that I most definitely could, and I'll most certainly try this on dry hair.

I was apprehensive about getting into this brand because of the cost, so I got a coupon from Ulta and made the leap. I am so glad I did. This is by far my favorite! It has done wondering for my hair. It really makes all the difference. After I showered I apply to my damp hair. Focusing on my scalp and then ends working it through with a brush after. I then blow dry my hair and BAM beautiful shiny hair. Complete frizz control and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I'm so pleased with this product and will buy it again and again. Totally worth trying. Good luck

on 2/17/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is crap. I paid big bucks for it because I think I thought I'd get Jennifer Anniston hair.
After giving itb5 or 6 tries....it went immediately Into my product graveyard. What a waste of money. And, the smell is horrendous.