Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment

3.9

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

This stuff is the real deal.

I have straight, fine textured, medium to thick hair that is highlighted (regular mousy blonde lightened to a warm level 8-9). I have been growing it for about a year from a pixie cut, and it is now a mid length bob with some layering.

I have tried many products throughout the different growing periods with my hair. In the beginning, it was volume and texture products. I mostly used volume powders and silicone shine sprays. As it got longer, I used volume mousse and texture creams.

A few months ago, I had a color mishap when I went to a stylist who was not my regular one. I had a bunch of breakage, and my ends started to feel fragile. I started using the aphogee protein treatment every 4-6 weeks to get my hair back in shape, since I was still trying to grow it out.

So, now my hair is in decent enough condition, but all the silicones, creams, powders, dry shampoos etc are just weighing it down. I don't like to wash it too often (for protection) and all the products that I had been using just make it look gross after a day or two.

Enter the LPPHD. This stuff is amazing. I use it with the matching shampoo and conditioner. On day three, I spray in the living proof dry shampoo, which is also wonderful. My hair is volumized, soft, shiny, and feels thick and strong. I use only this ONE product to blow dry. no more mousse to make crunchy areas and feel sticky. No more sliicones to make my hair feel sticky and dirty.

Today I took it with me to my stylist (back to my regular person) to use when she bow dried my hair, and she could not get over it. SHe has been doing my hair for over a decade, and said mid-blowdry, "I know what your hair usually feels like at this point, and it is so different!" She could not believe the volume and ease of styling that this product produced. I actually left it there with her to try on her other clients, and went home and ordered a new one from amazon. I'm not worried about being without it, because when it's used with my blow dry, my hair looks good for easily four days.

I cannot say enough good things about this stuff. It really is a breakthrough product.

on 7/2/2016 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A friend of mine gave me the end of her bottle because it's her HG product. She use it in every way you can possibly imagine... on wet air, air dry, on dry hair to smooth, on wet air to blow dry and style, etc. etc. It's her HG and she told me about it again and again and again, so I was really looking forward to dry it, unfortunately it didn't really do anything for me.

It made my hair kind of greasy and heavy, and I felt like it really weighted my hair down. The smell is nice, soft and flowery, and I liked the fact that even the end of the bottle lasted a really long time, 6+ applications, but that's about it. I don't think it's working on me, at all. For reference, I have long hair that don't have color in it, they are heavy and full, and tend to get dry and tangly at the end, but greasy and heavy at the roots.

I would not purchase this product, but YMMV as it's my friend HG.

To Read all 52 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't decide between a 2 or 3 lippie rating! My hair is a little thin (thyroid issues) single process colored, somewhat oily scalp but normal/slightly dry hair. I only used a large pea size amount smoothed over middle to ends of damp hair before blow-drying.
Pros: Gives volume and body, smells fresh
Cons: Can't wash out. Seriously - it took 3 consecutive days of Redken Cleansing Cream to get this glue out of my hair. On the second day my hair felt dirty. Not worth it to me.

on 4/3/2016 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

This is a very nice product. I wasn't expecting to like it but my goodness I was very surprised to experience the smoothness of my hair after blowdrying. I generally forego flat ironing (only now and again) but I really felt that my hair didn't need it even if I had plans to do so.

I probably used too much for most but I don't suffer from greasy hair - dryness is my problem. I sectioned my hair into four and applied a dab to each quadrant; this was quickly absorbed.

I normally have to put something on my ends after blowdrying but not this time; I had zero frizz post drying. Okay, I thought we'll see how it holds up the next day, but it was much of the same thing my hair had zero frizz even in the drizzly weather and my style held up perfectly. My hair even feels slightly thicker and it has more volume; will definitely repurchase.

I've not tried the 5-in-1 to air dry as you are supposed to use this after blow drying, but I feel that I most definitely could, and I'll most certainly try this on dry hair.

I was apprehensive about getting into this brand because of the cost, so I got a coupon from Ulta and made the leap. I am so glad I did. This is by far my favorite! It has done wondering for my hair. It really makes all the difference. After I showered I apply to my damp hair. Focusing on my scalp and then ends working it through with a brush after. I then blow dry my hair and BAM beautiful shiny hair. Complete frizz control and doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I'm so pleased with this product and will buy it again and again. Totally worth trying. Good luck

on 2/17/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is crap. I paid big bucks for it because I think I thought I'd get Jennifer Anniston hair.
After giving itb5 or 6 tries....it went immediately Into my product graveyard. What a waste of money. And, the smell is horrendous.

on 2/13/2016 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

My hair is very fine, thin and dry, and super prone to frizzing. I live in a desert, which doesn't help much with the dryness, but if I go somewhere humid, it frizzes up like crazy.I bought this product to try and help me through a summer in NYC and Montreal, which are much more humid than home.

I originally used this on wet hair before styling and it did very little to smooth, just helped me get a comb through it wet. However, I saw a vlogger use it on dry hair and it was a game changer. you can pretty much keep smoothing it in indefinitely, and it just brings it back to nice and smooth! It never really makes it shiny though. My preferred method was to put some in dry hair, style it, and then add more to dry hair to smooth.

When I use this, I can style my hair once, sleep on it, and still look pretty decent. I've even gone to the gym for a light workout and come out with halfway tolerable bangs. This is VERY UNUSUAL for me, becuase I sweat like crazy. This product just seems to repel humidity and maintain shape.

I purchased the entire Restore line, and it was pretty great for a month or so. My hair did feel more dense, and you absolutely can go longer without a wash. I hated the smell, but the results were good, so I stuck with it. There are videos online about how the product fills hair and repels dirt and water. It's impressive but I don't know if it allows any oil or protein to penetrate the hair shaft. It doesn't build up and get ropey like cones, but it definitely has a cumulative effect.

I noticed after a month or two or use that my hair was starting to snag again, and I'd have to reapply the 5 in 1 several times a day to smooth it. I went in for a trim and my stylist commented how damaged my hair was. I was not very healthy while it was growing out, so that probably has a lot to do with it, but I just felt I wanted to go back to using something more natural, so I went back to Phyto products. Maybe after I go through a cycle with them, I'll try and finish the bottles of all my LP products. For now, I'm loving the Phyto line.

on 1/15/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This did absolutely zero for my hair. I used it on damp hair before blowdrying and my hair turned out rather fuzzy with no volume at all. The ends looked frayed and in no way smooth and my hair had very little body or shine. I'm a huge fan of the LP No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray, which is an HG product for me. I also love the PHD shampoo and conditioner as well as the Prime Style Extender, both of which allow me to skip several days between washes. But the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment was a complete bust for me. I'm returning it to Ulta. I have no idea what the fuss is about because I attempted a regular blowdry (I'm rather uncoordinated with a round brush, lol!) and my hair fell completely flat after 15 minutes. I also don't like the LP Amp texturizing cream, which didn't do a damn thing for volume. It's strange but I've gotten good results with Amp twice but on subsequent uses, it didn't do much of anything and I felt like it just dirtied up my hair for no reason. I'm somewhat disappointed that the 5 in 1 treatment didn't do anything because it's been much praised on the hair board for some time. I'm not even giving it a second chance because the results were so bad. I did get some of the new Blowout product today at Ulta and I"ll give it a fair hearing tomorrow. It's a brand new product that's made especially for blowdrying so maybe I'll get the volume and smoothness I"m after. I hope so. The directions on the 5 in 1 styling treatment say to blowdry for best results. I don't know what other people are seeing in this product because it absolutely zero for me. I usually air dry my hair, not only to save it from additional heat (I do use a curling iron) but also because I'm just not coordinated enough to give myself a professional looking blowout. So I need some help from whatever product I"m using. I also got some of the LP Root Lifting Spray today so I"m going to use that on the roots and then use Blowout on the rest of my hair and hopefully, I'll be able to manage the dryer and will get good results, otherwise both products are going right back to Ulta. So far the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment is not good for me (as if you couldn't tell) but I have high hopes for these two new products. My goal is a professional looking blowout with the kind of volume my stylist gets. I watched him carefully yesterday and hopefully I'll be able to recreate the look. I will post a review of Blowout and the Root Lifting Spray asap. I definitely don't recommend the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment for medium textured, somewhat wavy hair. I suppose it could work if you're really talented with a blowdryer, but for me it was a complete waste of $$.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have had some hits and misses from this line but I like this. I only need a small amount and it leaves a nice scent in my hair. It gives me decent second day hair. It adds shine and helps give my curls some definition and volume. However it only works when I use it during low dew points for some reason. I scrunched it into damp hair and then plopped. I had very little surface frizz and my hair did not fall flat throughout the day.

on 11/7/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I loooove Living Proof products. They are the only hair products that I actually re-purchase. However, this, for me, was a let-down. It just feels like too much product on my fine caucasian hair. It does help preserve your style but that's not surprising, given that it feels like a light-hold hair gel. If you don't like the feeling of product in your hair, I recommend against this.