Beauty Without Cruelty Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner

Beauty Without Cruelty Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner

4.3

Not tested on animals

Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) gel*, cetearyl alcohol, cetereth-20, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil*, Cananga odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Salvia officinalis (sage) extract, Equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, Urtica dioica (nettle) extract, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, panthenol, allantoin, behentrimonium methosulfate, biotin, soy protein, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid, citric acid, ethyl hexyl glycerin, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.

on 4/13/2017 10:47:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have straight, fine, easily breakable/split-able hair. I somehow became allergic to something in spray-on leave-in conditioners, so about 7 years ago I gave this one a try and never looked back.

It smells fragrant, not bad, and makes my hair very easy to comb. In fact after toweling, I can put this in, not comb, and just bum around the house, and my hair will mostly untangle and be "combed" before I do anything. I discovered the Wet Brush about 2-3 years ago and this has made my hair-combing experience perfect!

FYI I am a daily hair washer (I know, omg) that leaves for work directly after combing wet hair, so keep in mind that for me this conditioner is washed out every day and then reapplied. I also often use the BWC highland lavender shampoo and conditioner before this, but I don't recommend these two a fraction as much as the leave-in conditioner.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I started using this leave-in after the Kiehl's leave-in was discontinued. I have 3a/b curly hair that's also fine, so I needed something that was going to detangle my hair without weighing it down -- this leave-in is perfect for that. It moisturizes and leaves my hair smooth and shiny without it being greasy. Also, since you don't need to use that much (I use somewhere between a pea- and a dime-size), it lasts a really long time. The best part is, it's cheap!

on 11/20/2011 9:57:00 AM

I am neutral on this. I wanted a leave-in conditioner that would help detangle my wet hair and that would lock in some moisture in the ends as my hair dries. It does detangle, but I don't know if it helps with the moisture issue. My hair feels the same after I blow dry it. It still gets very flyaway at the ends (you know what I mean if you have very fine hair). I don't feel like I am benefiting from it, but I also don't think that it is making my hair any worse. I will probably not repurchase.

I love this product it left my hair soooo soft and smooth. My friend Melissa begged me to tell me how i had such healthy hair!!! thanks BWC

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product! I purchased it over a year ago and I still have about a 1/4 of product left in the bottle and I use it about every other day. So that means it should last about a year with daily use. It smells faintly like lavender and doesn't weigh my hair down at all (I have long, fine hair that is generally oily). And, I'm crazy with my hair. I don't use heat, styling products in it at all. I just let it air dry and I shampoo and condition in the shower, use this stuff, and then finish it off with some argan oil hair serum and my hair is shiny and healthy as anything. I only get hair cuts about twice a year now and I never get split ends.

I highly recommend this product. It really helps to get the knots out, as well, so it makes brushing long hair a breeze!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is perfect, and proves that no, you don't need toxic chemicals to protect and give shine to your hair. The smell is very neutral, it keeps hair light. I have a lot of very fine long straight hair (tendency to wave) and it is great for me. I'm not sure it'd do enough for someone with a big mop of hair.

on 2/4/2011 3:56:00 PM

I LOVE this product. My only tiny complaint is that I don't love the smell, but it fades quickly. It is cheap, natural, and best of all, moisturizes my wavy, dry hair without weighing it down like almost all other products I've tried. The bottle also lasts almost a year...although I don't wash my hair daily, so it would probably not last as long for someone who does. Prior to this, I was using Phyto 7, which is a great product, just REALLY expensive considering the tiny amount you get. I think this is comparable, and highly recommended for anyone with dry but fine hair who wants something without silicones.

on 10/23/2010 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

The Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In Conditioner is AWESOME! It really does control the hair frizz and defines my curly hair. Now how cool is that! Yet it is in 250ml and you only need to use a little even for very long hair like mine. Plus, it lasts for whole day!
Would I buy this product again? Definitely YES!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE (11/2010): alas, can't use this any more--gone more irritable and eczematic, back to minimal fragrance-free stuff. I'm not changing the ratings here, as otherwise (in more normal circumstances, and for most of the population) a great conditioner. That I miss.

Very good so far. Hair here: long, fine, dense, slightly wavy, untreated (and air-dried etc.), slightly dry. I'd been looking for a decent leave-in for a while. A Goldilocks conditioner: moisturising but not too greasy or too heavy, light but still detangling, concentrated but not too overloading: in short, one that's just right.

BWC does the job, leaving hair detangled, shiny and sleek, light and swingy, no frizzies. Lightweight: not weighing hair down. But also nice and moisturising. Simple formula, contains aloe vera, panthenol, some protein (which my hair, being fine, rather likes), oil (coconut-derivative, jojoba), no silicones. Fine on scalp (not usually applying near there, to be fair) and neck; mine can be irritable. Smells pleasant: herbal from the rosemary and chamomile; ylang-ylang; slight lavender (I'm not a lavender fan, but rather like this). As others noted, it does smell slightly Aveda-esque: a unisex (but rather s**y / enticing) herby-spicy-smoky.

It's a creamy liquid; easy to use--wash hair, towel-dry, work a blob of this into the ends and another blob down the length. It does also do a fair job of de-frizzing, though I'm usually also using Phytodéfrisant.

Can also be used as a rinse-out conditioner: excellent, indeed better than BWC's Moisture Plus conditioner.

Previously-used leave-in conditioners: Phyto 7 (pretty good, but very expensive), John Masters Organics (nice-ish but too heavy and some rash on neck), Giovanni (horrid scent, worked OK for a few uses, then hair went to straw), Aveda Curessence and Elixir (love, love, love: alas discontinued, like anything I've ever liked from Aveda). I'd used BWC many years ago, and it's a delight to return to them.

Costs around $6.00-10.00 for a 250 ml bottle. Somewhat haphazard availability in physical shops, quite widely available online for decent prices (even with shipping to here in Canada). Like other BWC products, vegan and cruelty-free: one of the first cruelty-free companies from nearly 50 years ago, and at the start of the Fixed Cut-Off Date policy campaign.

INGREDIENTS (on the bottle): Aqueous infusion of organic rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary), lavandula angustifolia (lavender), and anthemis nobilis (roman chamomile), organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe vera), cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (vitamin B factor), soy protein, allantoin, organic simmondsia chinensis seed oil (jojoba), lecithin, organic cananga odorata essential oil (ylang ylang(, organic lavandula hybrida essential oil (sweet lavender), sodium benzoate, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

Note change from older ingredients (and as listed on various e-tailer sites):

OLD INGREDIENTS: Botanical infusion (rosemary, chamomile, sage, horsetail, nettle, lavender), organic aloe vera gel, cetearyl alcohol (from coconut oil), ceteareth-20 (from coconut oil), panthenol (vitamin B factor), soy protein, allantoin, jojoba oil, biotin (vitamin B factor), organic aroma-therapeutic essential oils of Ylang Ylang and Lavender, citric acid (from citrus fruit), sodium benzoate, ethyl hexyl glycerin, potassium sorbate, vitamin C (ascorbic acid). continued >>

on 6/28/2010 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am usually a Giovanni product fan, but their leave in conditioner just did not work for me. I was hesitant to try another all natural creamy leave-in after that did not work for me, but this really has proved to be great! Just gets absorbed into my hair without it feeling greasy or weighed down. My hair felt soft and moisturized after using only once, and it has definitely gotten better with continued use.