3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

from

4 months ago

Nice foundation. Very buildable. Brought on slight breakouts around the mouth but ok on dry/sensitive skin (OK not good nor great just OK) . Glowing finish. 10hr wear? More or less after 8- hours still presentable. Better used without primer. I applied first layer with clean fingers.. Working the liquid into my fingers to heat it.. Then working it into the face. Later I buffed in a final thin layer and finished with powder. Beautiful skin lots of compliments. For summer I used 30 (sand) perhaps a shade too dark and a tas too warm for me even in summer.. however I do like a bronzed look so still workable.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

4 months ago

I really like this foundation and the price is excellent! I wear Vanilla and at first I thought it might be half a shade too dark but I've grown to think that it actually suits me just fine. The coverage and consistency is very natural and long-lasting. No breakouts, I really have zero complaints about this foundation. I will be re-ordering. Update; I’ve got to take a lipstick off because this does oxidize and look a touch too dark on my skin.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I'm just getting into the world of makeup, and so the ladies at Sephora helped color match me to this foundation. It's a pretty good foundation, all things considered. It goes on smoothly, generally hides redness, and lays a good foundation for the rest of your makeup. There's nothing just outstanding about it, but it's worked for me so far, so I'll give it a 4/5.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

orma was great! She did a wonderful job on my makeup and my two sister's makeup! She a WONDERFUL person and tbh mazing group to work with, everything went is absolutely perfect! Now I'm just trying to get more products hope this info helps

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

a year ago

Edit 3/15/19: This has earned its 5th lippie. Its been a couple months now and no breakouts whatsoever from this, no irritation and the color match looks really good on me in photos. I don't always sheer it out anymore, instead I just put it on straight where I need it and really blend it out. As long as my skin is moisturized and primed, it doesn't break up or flake. Between this and my Urban Decay Color correctors (also fungal acne safe), I haven't needed to use concealer. I have a really hard time with foundation. Either it looks terrible or it breaks me out. I have skin thats pretty dehydrated from a mix of tretinoin and living in the desert. Last year I came upon an in-depth blog (Simple Skincare Science) about fungal acne. I already have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and I would often get bumps all over my forehead. I decided to follow the protocols which really helped clear up my skin. My old foundation, Glossier Skin Tint, was on their safe list until they recently changed ingredients. So now I had to find a new foundation. I first tried NYX Drop and that stuff made me look dry no matter what prep I did. So I tried this one that was also on their safe list. I was attracted to this one because I don't want a flat, matte finish and review said this gave a more natural finish. I also liked the color range. I found a match in Cream 20 which is close to NC25 or Nars Fiji which are my winter, low-sun matches. I'll be closer to 23 or 24 when I'm more tan. The finish is pretty natural. I don't like heavy coverage so I only use about a half pump mixed with a drop of squalane for more moisture and a dewy finish that wont cling to dry spots. Been using for a couple of weeks now and no breakouts. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it contains alcohol and I worry that its bad for my skin though I've heard that fear is kind of overblown. It doesn't dry me out though, maybe because of the squalane. Also, if I don't add squalane and prep my skin with moisturizing layers underneath it does emphasize dry spots but this is true for almost every foundation I have used.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

a year ago

I bought this on a total whim -- an inexpensive liquid foundation with good shade range, sure! Except that I should've gotten a sample to try, because I don't like it. I made it work for a while, but it's too fussy and looks very makeup-ey on my skin. First, the consistency is a thicker cream so I had to mix in a drop of moisturizer (Cerave PM, very lightweight) to thin it out. Mixing it with moisturizer also helped tone down the coverage, because I prefer light/natural and used alone this foundation is definitely medium coverage and therefore felt heavy. I applied it with the MAC 170 brush, but with the mixing my brush gets gunky really fast. If you get oily throughout the day, definitely set this with powder. This foundation didn't break me out, the shade was good for my NW20/LLL skin (the Sephora shade finder matched me to 13 Pink Porcelaine) and the packaging is great with its pump. I wanted to finish this foundation, but I can't -- it's too fussy and just doesn't look great. Not a repurchase.

About reviewer (354 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This was such a great find. It’s RARE I find a foundation that is an exact match especially because I’m such a pink cool tone. But they had it. It’s not perfect but it’s one of the best I’ve found so far. It doesn’t upset my eczema or rosacea. It definitely lasts but it’s more breathable.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2.0

2 years ago

Maybe I got the wrong shade, but one of the workers helped me pick the shade! When I wore this I looked bright orange! All my friends kept commenting on how orange I looked.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

2 years ago

This was the first ever Sephora product to buy. I went in there looking for a full coverage. This however was not full coverage and to be honest i was pretty disappointed! But once i got over my disappointment it wasn't a bad everyday foundation and i quite enjoyed using it. I also found i could mix it with a thicker foundation and it made it pretty close to full coverage. It was also the closest skin match i have ever had and loved it!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

When worn on skin that is in good condition (i.e. not dry, not oily, no breakouts or blackheads), it looks beautiful. Makes my skin look like it's been photoshopped. However, I've lately struggled with breakouts and the dryness of acne treatments and I must say, the foundation looked awful in these areas. Now, I am not very experienced in acne cover ups with makeup so I kept up my normal makeup routine. Here are the issues that arise with problem skin and this foundation: Oily mess- the sebum produced in my T-zone broke down the foundation within 4 hours, even when worn with translucent powder Lightweight- although I do not like heavy weight foundations, for anyone looking for anything but an evening-out effect, this will not provide much coverage. Dryness- the foundation clings to dry patches, however I suspect most foundations do this. Anyways, personally I try to focus on stabilising my skin and expect my skin to look good in order for the makeup on top of it to look good. It is has a very natural pay off which I love, however I cannot state that this is a miracle worker. It is slightly pricey in my opinion for 25ml.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive