La Mer The Treatment Lotion

4.4

on 6/10/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, I love the original CDLM. I’ve used it for years. No, I don’t believe the hype of La Mer, and don’t think skincare needs to be expensive to work, or that all expensive skincare is worth it.

This does have some interesting ingredients: the famous fermented sea kelp, fermented yeast, another type of algae, and a whole bunch of minerals, magnesium gluconate, copper gluconate, zinc, etc. I liked the ingredients so I got the largest bottle.
First off, it’s not very hydrating, if you’re using something like Hada Labo Moist, or another hydrator/serum with plenty of humectants, you’ll notice that this isn’t nearly as hydrating. I’m not sure this is meant to be a hydrator, I thought I could replace my Hada Labo with it, but I’m having to combine the two instead.

It’s about as thick as the Hada Labo, but it sinks into the skin fully. It will not replace a moisturizer or hydrating lotion or serum. It smells a bit like CDLM and a salty, oceany, mineral smell. Not strong and doesn’t linger.

I’m not sure what this lotion is supposed to do. But here’s what it does really, really well - eliminates redness. Helps any spots heal faster. Takes the redness (from waxing my lip) away within just a few minutes. I’m actually shocked because I’ve had redness around my nostrils forever and this stuff I the only thing that literally makes it disappear.

I haven’t been using this long enough to see any other effects. But it’s not causing me any problems, so I’ll use up the large bottle and update my review in month or so.

on 2/25/2018 11:30:00 AM

I really like and believe in facial essences. The La Mer Treatment Lotion is one of the best facial essences I have used. It is extremely light weight yet has a thick enough formula for easy application. The essence glides onto the skin and instantly hydrates and soothes. When using I notice my skin is brighter and I have an even skin tone. It is also nice for using before retinol, Acids and other harsh products. I also noticed an improvement with acne healing faster and less breakouts. I can't imagine not using a facial essence ever again.

Side note, if you are looking for a facial essence but are not ready to splurge on this one, the Melvita Damask Rose floral water is very nice also. I use it along side this one.

Love this 'lotion' (more like toner). The packaging is great because you can use the bottle to its entirety but the small hole in the top means it doesn't pour out like crazy either. It's nice an lightweight and makes my skin feel less tight.

on 12/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was using The Radiant Infusion, loved it, and this is a slight improvement. Friend asked me why my skin was glowing and this is the reason! Shrinks pores and makes skin softer too. Got sample bottles from eBay, but will by full bottle when they're used up.

4 days into using this and I started to get white heads all over my face (which I don't usually get) I used this together with the La Mer Gel Cream though so I'm not sure if using both products at the same time could have been the cause. Either way at almost $140 a bottle and $310 a jar (gel cream) I would have expected the two items to work perfectly together. I had to result to buying a whole bottle which I now have to dispose of since La Mer beauty counters/ consultants are so stingy with samples.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I did not want to like this based on price alone It seems crazy. It kind of feels like a gateway drug to the lofty prices of the La Mer universe but if it gets results I guess I cannot argue much. I have tried SKII treatment essence and MIssha FTE and neither wowed me. I gave the Missha FTE a huge bottle and months to make me love it. This "lotion" however is much richer in texture and once the generous samples I was able to coax out of the La Mer associate were used up. Which took over a month maybe and it was just a few tiny bottles. I was dismayed that I was definitely going to have to buy the full size. On the upside, the bottle will last ages if you apply it correctly so I suppose it is actually a somewhat? "fair" price for what you get since its huge. The product does have a definite scent but It is not what I would call overpowering and falls in line with other La Mer products and definitely goes away quickly. Its silky texture makes application easy and it sinks in leaving skin feeling smooth and ready for more serums and moisturizing goodness. I do not have what I would call very sensitive skin so I cannot speak to it being good for those that do. I would like to say it is worth the price but it is so high I just won’t. I will say however that as of now it is something I would not go without by choice, price be damned.

I absolutely love this. Hydrates and soothes.

on 1/25/2016 3:00:00 PM

I would not recommend a product that is as highly priced as LM TTL. It would be highly unethical. But if you happen to have the financial means to spurge out on a cosmetic product, then this should be it.

It has a very nice not-too-watery consistency, with a bit of body that makes it easier to apply. (Unlike the other Essences and Treatment Lotions.) I also find that it does hydrate the skin and settles into a natural glow. (I don't believe that the hydration will last the whole day but you will definitely notice that your moisturizer or/and serum will "last longer".

It is an identical product to the LM Hydrating Infusion (that is discontinued) but with a bit more added body.

I have used LM TTL since 2014 April and also tested (a full bottle of) Estee Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion and Biotherm Life Plankton Essence.
Although I liked all the three products, I prefer the LM TTL.

Ingredients: Declustered Water (+) /Aqua/Eau De-Structuree (+), Declustered Water (-) /Aqua/Eau De-Structuree (-), Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait De Levure, Sucrose, Glycereth-26, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Laminaria Digitata, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Plankton Extract, Caffeine, Polyquaternium-51, Lecithin, Butylene Glycol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Tourmaline, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycosaminoglycans, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Sodium PCA, Urea, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Polysorbate 20, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Trehalose, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

La Mer foundations and products never break me out (knock on wood) even though I still have tempermental skin, which clogs easily, sometimes dry and flaky, sometimes really oily in the T zone. Go figure...
So I tried a small 5ml eBay sample, which lasted for 8 weeks.
I did a split face test: La Mer on one half, and my usual (Cerave) on the other half for a trial of 8 weeks.
Split face test results:
Good news, this moisturizes effectively (this is the summer with lots of humidity, so I can't tell yet how it will be in the winter), without clogging, spreads easily, like a watery gel but isn't runny. Soaks into the skin, but leaves it mat, not greasy at all.
No flaking on the La Mer side, but lots of flaking on the nose, forehead and chin on the Cerave side (I have to use anti rosacea and anti acne products, and they can be drying - so I'm not blaming Cerave, it's just that it's not moisturizing enough).
After 8 weeks, blackheads are hardly noticeable (BONUS this I did NOT expect)- it's almost as if it calmed down my skin so that oil production was regulated.
Only bad news, pricy**** Aieeeee... Looking around for a cheaper dupe- if I can't find any, will gladly fork out the $$$$

EDIT November 27 2015 Winter dryness kicking in mercilessly...
The combo that seems to be working is La Mer Treatment Lotion thinly applied all over first, then the Lotion mixed in with a small amount (one or two pinheads) of Finacea over the T zone where the rosacea/acne is most prominent. Then for the winter only, Cerave oil-free cream on top of that.

Now it is the fall, it's drier and colder and the La Mer treatment lotion alone is a bit too light, not enough moisturizing by itself when combined with anti rosacea/acne treatment. But with this combo working, I was happy to shell out the $$$ for the full size bottle, since nothing less expensive worked. Sigh....

My trial with the La Mer treatment concentrate did not work out in the long run did not work out this winter (?lavender too strong for sensitive skin), see my edited review.

on 4/28/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this after trying it in the store. I have issues spending this much money on something if it isn't outrageously amazing...in Canada it's only available at Holt Renfew and they do not return products easily. It is pretty cool and different from other toners, it lasted almost a whole year with 2x day use. At this stage in my life though I can't justify spending this much for something that doesn't make a dramatic difference in my regimen, so I will not repurchase. It's not bad, it's good just it's not outstanding.