La Mer The Treatment Lotion

La Mer The Treatment Lotion
The Treatment Lotion

4.2

Declustered Water (+) /Aqua/Eau De-Structuree (+), Declustered Water (-) /Aqua/Eau De-Structuree (-), Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait De Levure, Sucrose, Glycereth-26, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Laminaria Digitata, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Plankton Extract, Caffeine, Polyquaternium-51, Lecithin, Butylene Glycol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Tourmaline, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glycosaminoglycans, PEG-8, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Sodium PCA, Urea, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Jojoba Wax PEG-120 Esters, Polysorbate 20, Hexylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Trehalose, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol

Yet another over priced "step" from LA MER. You have to think to yourself if the original cream is so good, which i own and lovingly use then why add extra steps that are essential watered down versions of the cream and it's glorified Miracle Broth! This personally has too much fragrance and eucalyptus and cannot use it for long without getting irritation and blind pimples. Definitely would not recommend or repurchase!

Sorry LA MER but the line is looking a little ridiculous, stop making so much. Focus on the Cream itself!!!!

Very enjoyable to use. The consistency is somewhere between a toner and an oil (hence, I think, the softening that a lot of people report). Spreadable but not too drippy. I adore how "old-school" this product feels (like a lot of La Mer products), from the faint powdery smell to the pretty bottle. However, the cap is ridiculously large compared to the actual spout...very unwieldy to twist with one hand.

In terms of hydration, I don't think it's superior to other toners and I notice the same softening effect by mixing a toner with oil. I'm not too worried about the fragrance though because I shave my face every morning and then apply this with no ostensible irritation.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff. I haven’t had spots since a teenager I change my contraceptive to the Nexplanon implant & ba bam all of a sudden I’m a spotty ass mess. Now I look after my skin I’m crazy skincare obsessed and am on a crazy skincare regime that most people think is utterly mental but skincare to me is a passion & I love the science behind it. I usually wouldn’t go for a product such as La Mer as I prefer using products with clinically proven actives I read ingredients meticulously and go for things including stable & high potency retinoids, vitamins, peptides, acids, antioxidants etc etc but I love luxury & im a totally sucker for anything posh and love la Mer foundation & powder so had to try the skincare. I was so pleasantly surprised I’ve been using this alongside the La Mer renewal oil, regenerating serum, lifting contour serum, the lifting eye contour serum, the eye concentrate, creme de la Mer & my skin is beautifully smoothed & hydrated. I’ve had my implant out a couple of days ago & the last of my horrid spots are healing. Hooray. My skin is looking fab & I will certainly be re purchasing La Mer items.

I have been a loyal La Mer customer for several years and this is one LM product that I will not repurchase. I am continually perplexed by several of the containers they use for their products. I am adding this bottle to the worst category of containers (it joins the dipping stick bottle for the concentrate that opens the very expensive product up to contamination and gives no precise way to measure it for use). I have to shake this bottle of Treatment Lotion to get any of the drops of it to dispense into my hand. What a mess and a waste of product when too much comes out.
As far as the actual lotion ... I have only had it and used it for ten days, but La Mer asked for my review at this point, so I will give it. After using it as instructed, I neither see nor feel any difference in my skin and I basically feel like I am smoothing on a lightly sticky water without benefit.

on 6/10/2018 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, I love the original CDLM. I’ve used it for years. No, I don’t believe the hype of La Mer, and don’t think skincare needs to be expensive to work, or that all expensive skincare is worth it.

This does have some interesting ingredients: the famous fermented sea kelp, fermented yeast, another type of algae, and a whole bunch of minerals, magnesium gluconate, copper gluconate, zinc, etc. I liked the ingredients so I got the largest bottle.
First off, it’s not very hydrating, if you’re using something like Hada Labo Moist, or another hydrator/serum with plenty of humectants, you’ll notice that this isn’t nearly as hydrating. I’m not sure this is meant to be a hydrator, I thought I could replace my Hada Labo with it, but I’m having to combine the two instead.

It’s about as thick as the Hada Labo, but it sinks into the skin fully. It will not replace a moisturizer or hydrating lotion or serum. It smells a bit like CDLM and a salty, oceany, mineral smell. Not strong and doesn’t linger.

I’m not sure what this lotion is supposed to do. But here’s what it does really, really well - eliminates redness. Helps any spots heal faster. Takes the redness (from waxing my lip) away within just a few minutes. I’m actually shocked because I’ve had redness around my nostrils forever and this stuff I the only thing that literally makes it disappear.

I haven’t been using this long enough to see any other effects. But it’s not causing me any problems, so I’ll use up the large bottle and update my review in month or so.

on 2/25/2018 11:30:00 AM

I really like and believe in facial essences. The La Mer Treatment Lotion is one of the best facial essences I have used. It is extremely light weight yet has a thick enough formula for easy application. The essence glides onto the skin and instantly hydrates and soothes. When using I notice my skin is brighter and I have an even skin tone. It is also nice for using before retinol, Acids and other harsh products. I also noticed an improvement with acne healing faster and less breakouts. I can't imagine not using a facial essence ever again.

Side note, if you are looking for a facial essence but are not ready to splurge on this one, the Melvita Damask Rose floral water is very nice also. I use it along side this one.

Love this 'lotion' (more like toner). The packaging is great because you can use the bottle to its entirety but the small hole in the top means it doesn't pour out like crazy either. It's nice an lightweight and makes my skin feel less tight.

on 12/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was using The Radiant Infusion, loved it, and this is a slight improvement. Friend asked me why my skin was glowing and this is the reason! Shrinks pores and makes skin softer too. Got sample bottles from eBay, but will by full bottle when they're used up.

4 days into using this and I started to get white heads all over my face (which I don't usually get) I used this together with the La Mer Gel Cream though so I'm not sure if using both products at the same time could have been the cause. Either way at almost $140 a bottle and $310 a jar (gel cream) I would have expected the two items to work perfectly together. I had to result to buying a whole bottle which I now have to dispose of since La Mer beauty counters/ consultants are so stingy with samples.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I did not want to like this based on price alone It seems crazy. It kind of feels like a gateway drug to the lofty prices of the La Mer universe but if it gets results I guess I cannot argue much. I have tried SKII treatment essence and MIssha FTE and neither wowed me. I gave the Missha FTE a huge bottle and months to make me love it. This "lotion" however is much richer in texture and once the generous samples I was able to coax out of the La Mer associate were used up. Which took over a month maybe and it was just a few tiny bottles. I was dismayed that I was definitely going to have to buy the full size. On the upside, the bottle will last ages if you apply it correctly so I suppose it is actually a somewhat? "fair" price for what you get since its huge. The product does have a definite scent but It is not what I would call overpowering and falls in line with other La Mer products and definitely goes away quickly. Its silky texture makes application easy and it sinks in leaving skin feeling smooth and ready for more serums and moisturizing goodness. I do not have what I would call very sensitive skin so I cannot speak to it being good for those that do. I would like to say it is worth the price but it is so high I just won’t. I will say however that as of now it is something I would not go without by choice, price be damned.