4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Have used this foundation now on my third bottle. Love it. I change shades between seasons. Recently started exploring others just to see if there was a better foundation (YSL touche eclat and Clinique even better radiant glow). All three are good for my normal to dry skin. But the Givenchy is (still) No. 1. Feels and wears second to none. Application with fingers works best. Hydrated skin and a glow type primer helps to enhance my skin's sheen. I find it a little matte in comparison with the two abovementioned products. The right moisturiser &/or primer makes a difference (for me anyhow) on how the product applies. BB extra bare glow does a good job with smooth application. I hadn't used it for a couple of months until today. And now I remember how much I love it. Packaging : all the great things already provided by other reviews. Easily remove the lid and get the rest out with another utensil.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

I really love this foundation! Givenchy makes the BEST foundations and this is one of 3 that I adore! It has good coverage and makes skin look radiant and truly is long wearing. I especially like to turn to this one during the hot humid summer months. Unfortunately I have to mix 2 shades: Elegant Beige and Elegant Porcelain, but that's no big deal because even tho the initial cash outlay is more it lasts twice as long. I always use Hourglass Mineral Veil primer under my foundations and it gives me a velvety airbrushed finish. I like to buff on a little Teint Couture foundation powder or the Prisme foundation with a kabuki brush.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I have oily skin and wore this over the Skindinavia primer spray (Oil Control). 6.5 hours after application, only very slightly shiny! Much better than most other foundations. This foundation makes my skin look pretty natural, not like. It is higher coverage than Armani's Luminous Silk (to be continued)

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Medium

3 years ago

This foundation is a tricky one. It works for me only if I apply it with my hands. It sets extremely fast- like no other foundation I've ever used. (I've tried applying it with beauty blender and brush.) I use the shade 01 Porcelain and it's a really good match, perfect for those with yellow undertones (though I wish they would make one shade lighter- for winter months). The scent is quite prominent, but I don't mind it as long as it doesn't irritate my skin; it also doesn't break me out. Finish: just what I like- on the matte side, but not "flat", rather satin-matte. I'm pretty sure oily skins will like it. (I have combination skin) Coverage: I'd say it's medium but very buildable, to medium-full. It's surprising since it sets to a matte finish but it doesn't get streaky or cakey if you want to apply more. You get only 25ml so it's less than average. Overall I like "Teint Couture" enough to consider repurchasing it. It's a very "luxurious" product- you get what you pay for.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Givenchy's Teint Couture foundation is pure luxury in a bottle. It has a sheer coverage, with a gorgeous natural/satin finish. It wears for 8+ hours without any touch ups. The fresh floral fragrance is a plus for me too. I am very impressed and would definitely purchase again.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I adore French cosmetics brands such as Givenchy, Chanel, Dior and Guerlain. I find this foundation very natural, it glides on skin smoothly and provides a medium natural coverage for a combination skin or any dehydrated skin. I love the color num 7 for my Nc40 complexion which is med-tan with golden undertones. If you are looking for a natural looking yet covering foundation it's highly recommended.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinDry, Tan

HairBlond

4 years ago

This foundation is amazing on dry or dehydrated skin. If you have an issue with foundations separating because of dehydration, or not blending correctly this is your answer. It blends so well on my skin, unlike most foundations that tend to stick or flake. This is a great one for aging skin as well since it hides flaws without being cakey. I would not reccomend for oiler skin, and of course it will not work for dry skin that has sensitivities to alcohol.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlack

3.0

5 years ago

My slight summer tan left my regular fiundations too light, so the chance to look for something new. This was a miss for me. Expensive with nice packaging, the color beige was nice. Application over primer looked ok, not great. It just didnt look special in any way. After my working day it was past its best and although still even, i felt it highlighted flaws rather than hiding them. If i had been going out after work i needed fresh foundation. There are others i prefer at this price point.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

from

5 years ago

I bought this foundation in shade Elegant Honey 5. I'm in Urban Decay shade 4 and Hourglass immaculate fluid powder foundation in shade Beige. I like the consistency in this foundation. This foundation does contain alcohol if your skin have issue with alcohol skip this foundation. The finished for my skin type which is normal in my cheek area but little oily in t-zone this gives satin finished on my face. I love the satin natural finished that this foundation give but will see will this beat my favorite Hourglass or not. This foundation is not full coverage foundation so keep in mine if you prefer full coverage foundation. Some how with this foundation I love it already. I will buy this again along with my HG Hourglass immaculate foundation. Very happy. Update; 04/19/2015, This one will not beat my HG Hourglass immaculate foundation do to this foundation will not last long as it claim, at least on my oily t-zone. I still love the finish. This foundation remind me a lot with Guerlain Lingerie De Peau(Excellent foundation). The teint conture match me better because Guerlain more pink and too beige undertone. Still love it.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

You would imagine for almost $50 this would be amazing. It's look beautiful but for no more than 30 minutes after that it's a cakey mess. I dried different primers and powders with it and my trusted Mac Prolongwear out does this in a second. It also accentuates pores really bad. ref: dry skin oily tzone.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24