Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick
Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation StickFit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 6/14/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a light coverage stick foundation that didn't dry me out. This is exactly it. No dryness and the color was excellent--Ivory 115--matched perfectly and evened out my complexion. I was excited to find a drugstore foundation that could replace my NARS Sheer Glow, which I like, but is too expensive. The issue with this foundation is that it disappears and I have no idea where it goes. By the end of the day it's gone. When I wash my face, there's nothing on the towel. The coverage lasts maybe a couple of hours? I've never had that happen with a foundation. It's very strange. I've tried different methods of application: fingers, foundation brush, and beauty blender, and it still disappears. The brush seems to buff it away, the beauty blender seems to rub it off, so using my fingers seems to work it in better. I also set it with powder, but it doesn't last, unfortunately. I was hoping this would be my new HG, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Toffee as a contour color. I like it but I dont love it. its not the best at blending adn I've tried ever method I can think of. (brush, sponge, artis style brush, fingers)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, it already gets a 3 lippie rating as my initial use consisted of the stick crumbling really bad even though I hardly put any pressure on my face. I really enjoy stick foundations so this was rather dissapointing.
I choose the color "Toffee" to match my self tan and although it's a little more pink than my tan is it blends in pretty well. My self tan is nowhere near super deep and the shade I use is the second to last shade. That means for anyone truly deep they would not have a shade.
The wear of this isn't matte but not full on dewy either, it's a soft satin finish. It holds up fairly well through a full work day although touch ups are needed. It doesn't exaggerate my pores and make them look crazy big.
Altogether this is a nice foundation on the cheap if you can find your shade.

on 3/7/2017 3:45:00 PM

This was the first stick foundation I'd ever tried... and I wasn't that impressed. Until I tried other stick foundations. Now, I still find myself using Fit Me! sticks, long after the hype died down.

These "are what they are" in that stick foundations don't compare to liquid - and vice versa. They're always going to slide around more easily, they're always going to fade sooner, etc. But they're also incredibly convenient for a five-minute, well-put-together look.

I use three shades: highlight, contour and a mid-tone. I have about seven sticks in total that range from 110 to 355. Depending on what I'm going for, I'll quickly highlight my cheeks and forehead with a shade or two lighter than I need, contour with a significantly darker shade on the very edges of where I want to deepen - and I start blending. I add the mid-tone (whatever shade I want to be the predominant color) wherever necessary and blend some more.

Be sure to set these with a powder, even if it's something simple all over. My oily friends may want to consider blot powder or something similar for longer wear, while my dry friends will enjoy the emollient formulation without a need for setting unless you'll be wearing it for several hours.

These *are* stick foundations though. Average wear time about five hours for normal skin, with powder. Perhaps a setting spray would add another hour? I never wear these when I won't be able to take it off within a few hours simply because I have oily skin and it's too many extra products to get it to last, defeating the convenience factor that makes them so great.

I'd call coverage "a light medium" before it starts to look a bit overboard on me.

on 3/3/2017 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've recently returned to wearing full face makeup - primer, foundation, concealer, powder, etc. and the foundation I was using just wasn't working. I didn't want to invest in any one foundation til I'd tried a few new formulations, so off I went to stand in front of lit panels of makeup ranging from six bucks to sixty bucks. I always marvel at how beautiful makeup packaging and merchandising is. Then I stood there some more, wandered around a bit, and finally realized I needed to start with something less expensive and with a decent color range...I'm lighter in the winter, but I get dark quickly in the summer (even with SPF 50). I'm really hoping I can move a shade darker and it will work. Maybelline is a brand I've been using just about all my life, so it seemed a good place to start.

Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free and Balance for Combo Skin was a happy first go. I use a blender sponge and this makeup literally makes me look great. With powder and setting spray - it's a full 8 hour face.

It has very little smell to my nose, and the texture is creamy but not so much that it just slides around on my face. This is makeup that I can wear and not worry about it winding up around my chin!

It's not obvious I'm wearing makeup, but it's obvious to people that I've "done something." LOL.
It's natural looking on me, and makes me feel great, for a $8 dollar stick foundation. Thumbs up.

on 2/28/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan of stick foundation and I ended up giving this away because it didnt do much. Hard to blend

I decided to test this stick foundation out as a contour stick, and I have really been enjoying it so far. This was my first venture into using cream "contour" products, so I wanted to try something a little more affordable before splurging on something that I didn't end up liking.

The product glides on very easily, and also blends very nicely. I have only used it with a damp Beauty Blender, so I'm not sure how well it blends out when using a brush. The product lasted me a little over a month, and I've been using it almost, if not, everyday.

Since I haven't tried out any other cream contour products, I don't have much to do a comparison, but overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wouldn't say that this product is completely shine-free, I have combination skin and my nose gets oily throughout the day but the rest of my face looks amazing. And even where this product breaks down on my nose, there is no obvious breakdown of product, it stays blended. I just swipe it on my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and upper lip and blend it out with a flattop kabuki and my foundation is done in two minutes. It's so easy and fun to use, that I would buy one for home and one for on the go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily-combo acne prone skin and this foundation is absolutely awesome.
I bought it on a whim when i was out running errands bare face and had to meet someone last minute. I have fair asian skin and 120 is a bit darker and orangey and 110 is a bit light and pink. So i would mix them on my face to get a decent match. It is very creamy and easy to blend. It gives a satin finish which i dont mind even thiugh im oily. It wears a full day on me with a bit of translucent powder.
I am writing this review in hopes that itll never be discontinued LOL
Amazing quality for a drugstore brand- its better than most high-end foundations. Please test it out, people.

on 12/8/2016 6:30:00 PM

As a foundation, this is OK..but the darkest shade "coconut" is amazing as a contour stick! Its the perfect size, color, and blends great with a beauty blender. I'm not a big fan of powder contours, I don't mind powder bronzers, but no powders for contouring. This stick is under $9, available everywhere, and should be marketed as a contour, because it fails as a foundation.