Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick
Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation StickFit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily-combo acne prone skin and this foundation is absolutely awesome.
I bought it on a whim when i was out running errands bare face and had to meet someone last minute. I have fair asian skin and 120matches PERFECTLY. Like i would apply ti my face and it is so seamless even when i dont blend it out. It is very creamy and easy to blend. It gives a satin finish which i dont mind even thiugh im oily. It wears a full day on me with a bit of translucent powder.
I am writing this review in hopes that itll never be discontinued LOL
Amazing quality for a drugstore brand- its better than most high-end foundations. Please test it out, people.

on 12/8/2016 6:30:00 PM

As a foundation, this is a flop...but the darkest shade "coconut" is amazing as a contour stick! Its the perfect size, color, and blends great with a beauty blender. I'm not a big fan of powder contours, I don't mind powder bronzers, but no powders for contouring. This stick is under $9, available everywhere, and should be marketed as a contour, because it fails as a foundation.

on 11/14/2016 4:10:00 AM

Its a light coverage so best applied with a brush and not a beauty blender. Its ok if you just need a little something on if you're just needing to run a few errand but this just doesn't last on my skin and by the end of the day I find it's breaking up on my nose and around my chin. It looks and feels greasy which is strange as it's meant to be shine free.

on 10/15/2016 10:41:00 PM

This stick foundation is pretty decent, considering the fact that I bought this on a random trip to Rite Aid one day.

I had a really bad breakout over the summer, and I was using a full coverage foundation that I liked but suspected that it was only making my skin worse. As an alternative, I picked up this foundation, which is free of ingredients that I have identified as triggers for my skin (talc and dimethicone specifically. The core of this product does indeed have dimethicone, but I haven't had any new breakouts, so I suspect that there's not enough to irritate my skin. YMMV, though).

As for the foundation itself, I found that 120 Classic Ivory was a good match for my neutral-fair skin. To use, I just swipe it over the areas where I have redness or scarring, which I blend out using a brush. I usually apply a second layer over my problem areas, and this technique gives me decent coverage that layers well with other coverage products and lasts about 7ish hours on me.

My favorite thing about this product it just how easy it is to use. All I have to do is swipe and blend. No messing around with runny liquid foundations. Great for someone like me who needs a certain amount of coverage to feel comfortable in public, but feels disheartened having to painstakingly apply foundation every time I need to leave the house.

However, I can easily see this looking horrible on anyone with overly dry or oily skin. My combination skin is usually pretty balanced, but anytime I have some dry patches this product clings pretty badly. On the flip side, if I'm particularly oily on a certain day this doesn't last nearly as long as it should.

Overall, I would recommend this product to people with combination/normal skin looking for a medium coverage, easy to use foundation.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This stick foundation is really not half bad! It gives a good medium coverage, lasts a really time, and feels light on the skin!

If you have pigmentation, acne, and/or other things that you're looking to completely cover up, then this foundation is not for you! I recommend this for people who have some redness and no real problems with your skin. However, if you have some dry patches, this foundation will kinda cake up on those areas and make them stand out.

Overall, this foundation is pretty good and I will buy it again once I run out. I think it's better than Flower Beauty Skincognito Stick Foundation(which I also like), but this one just seems to blend in easier and doesn't make my face greasy or look as shiny in my t-zone.

on 9/11/2016 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've never had a problem with my pores they have always been small but the second day using this product (shade coconut) it made my pores SUPER CLOGGED. it was so bad terrible experience i suggest don't waste ur money.

on 7/18/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i enjoy this as a contour product. i am ~nc30/35 and i use this in the shade coconut. the pigmentation is great and it's super handy for when i'm in a rush. only downside is this is somewhat hard to blend imo

on 7/4/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst makeup item I own.

This is so oily! a friend of mine with fair complexion and super dry skin bought it for herself is a light shade. Even with her dry skin, she felt like this was making her skin greasy so she gave it to me (medium/dark combo skin) so I can use it as a highlighter.
I totally hate it, its way to much oily even to put under my eyes to highlight because it creases like hell! Can't imagine to put this to my entire face as a foundation...

on 7/1/2016 12:07:00 AM

I have actually never used this foundation stick as a foundation. This product is a perfect cream contour stick. I bought this foundation in a shade a couple of tones darker than my own. it is so creamy and not greasy. It blends very well. It's easily build-able. I've used this for contouring for a while now and I really want to try it as a foundation as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade porcelain to highlight with, and the shade toffee to contour with. Love the colours. Love the consistency. Love the way it blends. Love the way it looks. Love the price ($5.99 each on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart.) But these gave me EXTREMELY PAINFUL, horrifying cystic acne everywhere I used it (literally the pimples were in a horizontal contour line in the hollows of my cheeks.) It broke my heart because I loved everything about these and thought I had found my "holy grail" cream contour routine... But nope. Big regret and heartbreak. I would not recommend to anyone who is even the slightest bit acne-prone. Also, to clarify, these were the only new products I had introduced to my routine and my skin was finally stable and fairly clear at the time.