Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick
Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation StickFit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.4

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 3/7/2017 3:45:00 PM

This was the first stick foundation I'd ever tried... and I wasn't that impressed. Until I tried other stick foundations. Now, I still find myself using Fit Me! sticks, long after the hype died down.

These "are what they are" in that stick foundations don't compare to liquid - and vice versa. They're always going to slide around more easily, they're always going to fade sooner, etc. But they're also incredibly convenient for a five-minute, well-put-together look.

I use three shades: highlight, contour and a mid-tone. I have about seven sticks in total that range from 110 to 355. Depending on what I'm going for, I'll quickly highlight my cheeks and forehead with a shade or two lighter than I need, contour with a significantly darker shade on the very edges of where I want to deepen - and I start blending. I add the mid-tone (whatever shade I want to be the predominant color) wherever necessary and blend some more.

Be sure to set these with a powder, even if it's something simple all over. My oily friends may want to consider blot powder or something similar for longer wear, while my dry friends will enjoy the emollient formulation without a need for setting unless you'll be wearing it for several hours.

These *are* stick foundations though. Average wear time about five hours for normal skin, with powder. Perhaps a setting spray would add another hour? I never wear these when I won't be able to take it off within a few hours simply because I have oily skin and it's too many extra products to get it to last, defeating the convenience factor that makes them so great.

I'd call coverage "a light medium" before it starts to look a bit overboard on me.

on 3/3/2017 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've recently returned to wearing full face makeup - primer, foundation, concealer, powder, etc. and the foundation I was using just wasn't working. I didn't want to invest in any one foundation til I'd tried a few new formulations, so off I went to stand in front of lit panels of makeup ranging from six bucks to sixty bucks. I always marvel at how beautiful makeup packaging and merchandising is. Then I stood there some more, wandered around a bit, and finally realized I needed to start with something less expensive and with a decent color range...I'm lighter in the winter, but I get dark quickly in the summer (even with SPF 50). I'm really hoping I can move a shade darker and it will work. Maybelline is a brand I've been using just about all my life, so it seemed a good place to start.

Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free and Balance for Combo Skin was a happy first go. I use a blender sponge and this makeup literally makes me look great. With powder and setting spray - it's a full 8 hour face.

It has very little smell to my nose, and the texture is creamy but not so much that it just slides around on my face. This is makeup that I can wear and not worry about it winding up around my chin!

It's not obvious I'm wearing makeup, but it's obvious to people that I've "done something." LOL.
It's natural looking on me, and makes me feel great, for a $8 dollar stick foundation. Thumbs up.

on 2/28/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan of stick foundation and I ended up giving this away because it didnt do much. Hard to blend

I decided to test this stick foundation out as a contour stick, and I have really been enjoying it so far. This was my first venture into using cream "contour" products, so I wanted to try something a little more affordable before splurging on something that I didn't end up liking.

The product glides on very easily, and also blends very nicely. I have only used it with a damp Beauty Blender, so I'm not sure how well it blends out when using a brush. The product lasted me a little over a month, and I've been using it almost, if not, everyday.

Since I haven't tried out any other cream contour products, I don't have much to do a comparison, but overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wouldn't say that this product is completely shine-free, I have combination skin and my nose gets oily throughout the day but the rest of my face looks amazing. And even where this product breaks down on my nose, there is no obvious breakdown of product, it stays blended. I just swipe it on my forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and upper lip and blend it out with a flattop kabuki and my foundation is done in two minutes. It's so easy and fun to use, that I would buy one for home and one for on the go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily-combo acne prone skin and this foundation is absolutely awesome.
I bought it on a whim when i was out running errands bare face and had to meet someone last minute. I have fair asian skin and 120matches PERFECTLY. Like i would apply ti my face and it is so seamless even when i dont blend it out. It is very creamy and easy to blend. It gives a satin finish which i dont mind even thiugh im oily. It wears a full day on me with a bit of translucent powder.
I am writing this review in hopes that itll never be discontinued LOL
Amazing quality for a drugstore brand- its better than most high-end foundations. Please test it out, people.

on 12/8/2016 6:30:00 PM

As a foundation, this is OK..but the darkest shade "coconut" is amazing as a contour stick! Its the perfect size, color, and blends great with a beauty blender. I'm not a big fan of powder contours, I don't mind powder bronzers, but no powders for contouring. This stick is under $9, available everywhere, and should be marketed as a contour, because it fails as a foundation.

on 11/14/2016 4:10:00 AM

Its a light coverage so best applied with a brush and not a beauty blender. Its ok if you just need a little something on if you're just needing to run a few errand but this just doesn't last on my skin and by the end of the day I find it's breaking up on my nose and around my chin. It looks and feels greasy which is strange as it's meant to be shine free.

on 10/15/2016 10:41:00 PM

This stick foundation is pretty decent, considering the fact that I bought this on a random trip to Rite Aid one day.

I had a really bad breakout over the summer, and I was using a full coverage foundation that I liked but suspected that it was only making my skin worse. As an alternative, I picked up this foundation, which is free of ingredients that I have identified as triggers for my skin (talc and dimethicone specifically. The core of this product does indeed have dimethicone, but I haven't had any new breakouts, so I suspect that there's not enough to irritate my skin. YMMV, though).

As for the foundation itself, I found that 120 Classic Ivory was a good match for my neutral-fair skin. To use, I just swipe it over the areas where I have redness or scarring, which I blend out using a brush. I usually apply a second layer over my problem areas, and this technique gives me decent coverage that layers well with other coverage products and lasts about 7ish hours on me.

My favorite thing about this product it just how easy it is to use. All I have to do is swipe and blend. No messing around with runny liquid foundations. Great for someone like me who needs a certain amount of coverage to feel comfortable in public, but feels disheartened having to painstakingly apply foundation every time I need to leave the house.

However, I can easily see this looking horrible on anyone with overly dry or oily skin. My combination skin is usually pretty balanced, but anytime I have some dry patches this product clings pretty badly. On the flip side, if I'm particularly oily on a certain day this doesn't last nearly as long as it should.

Overall, I would recommend this product to people with combination/normal skin looking for a medium coverage, easy to use foundation.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This stick foundation is really not half bad! It gives a good medium coverage, lasts a really time, and feels light on the skin!

If you have pigmentation, acne, and/or other things that you're looking to completely cover up, then this foundation is not for you! I recommend this for people who have some redness and no real problems with your skin. However, if you have some dry patches, this foundation will kinda cake up on those areas and make them stand out.

Overall, this foundation is pretty good and I will buy it again once I run out. I think it's better than Flower Beauty Skincognito Stick Foundation(which I also like), but this one just seems to blend in easier and doesn't make my face greasy or look as shiny in my t-zone.