Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 7/18/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i enjoy this as a contour product. i am ~nc30/35 and i use this in the shade coconut. the pigmentation is great and it's super handy for when i'm in a rush. only downside is this is somewhat hard to blend imo

on 7/4/2016 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst makeup item I own.

This is so oily! a friend of mine with fair complexion and super dry skin bought it for herself is a light shade. Even with her dry skin, she felt like this was making her skin greasy so she gave it to me (medium/dark combo skin) so I can use it as a highlighter.
I totally hate it, its way to much oily even to put under my eyes to highlight because it creases like hell! Can't imagine to put this to my entire face as a foundation...

To Read all 404 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/1/2016 12:07:00 AM

I have actually never used this foundation stick as a foundation. This product is a perfect cream contour stick. I bought this foundation in a shade a couple of tones darker than my own. it is so creamy and not greasy. It blends very well. It's easily build-able. I've used this for contouring for a while now and I really want to try it as a foundation as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the shade porcelain to highlight with, and the shade toffee to contour with. Love the colours. Love the consistency. Love the way it blends. Love the way it looks. Love the price ($5.99 each on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart.) But these gave me EXTREMELY PAINFUL, horrifying cystic acne everywhere I used it (literally the pimples were in a horizontal contour line in the hollows of my cheeks.) It broke my heart because I loved everything about these and thought I had found my "holy grail" cream contour routine... But nope. Big regret and heartbreak. I would not recommend to anyone who is even the slightest bit acne-prone. Also, to clarify, these were the only new products I had introduced to my routine and my skin was finally stable and fairly clear at the time.

SO I got this foundation like two years ago and for some reason never even tried it (or maybe I did and hated it and then forgot)
Recently I didn't want to keep using NARS sheer glow foundation every day (which is honestly so nice it makes my skin look great) because it is so expensive in Australia so I found this in my makeup drawer and tried it and I actually loved it when i first put it on.
It looked really natural and flawless and I felt as though I was wearing nothing on my skin. (I use nude by nature airbrush primer)
I wore it to school and throughout the day i could still barely feel it which is a definite pro f this foundation.
However when I looked in the mirror it had oxidised in my t zone and clung to dry patches - I have mostly normal skin, occasionally I will be oily but very rarely.
As I am 17 I do get occasional spots but nothing serious and they remain in designated areas like my chin.
After using this for three days (I decided to give it another shot after the first experience with different primers and stuff) I broke out like crazy all around my nose and upper lip which I've never had pimples there before.
So, in conclusion, this foundation is not for me although I love the application stick. Other people may not have this reaction and it may fit their skin, but it just wasn't for me!!

good luck xo

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

On a whim I purchased this in Toffee to contour and I will never look back. I love the softness and blendability of this product and how easy and smooth it goes on the skin. If you're a pale person like me who loves cream contour, try this out! It's affordable and has super cute packaging, I will definitely buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had this long ago when it 1st came out & I kept on w my cornsilk & shine free from long ago, my first fdtn HG's & I went on to try most DS fdtn's at least 1 from every brand (max factor pancake makeup is the worst & that ended up going back). Fast fwd 30 years I tried this didn't like it tbh but then I got into highlight contour & cappuccino fit me stick was my first contour! It got lost in the move across country so I replaced it recently couldn't find Capp. so. I got Cococnut. I also bought this in 120 ivory which I don't normally wear ivory I'm LLL NC20 but it works! I wear 120 in fit me powder too then I do my contour & highlight & it makes for a flawless canvas. It's not the world's most longest lasting fdtn in 95°F subtropical summer (I'm such a hot mess =.hof weather). My expectations were low I was pleasantly surprised how Mayb upped its game! Winning!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The product is a good idea, as its ideal to swipe on, blend and go, however as previously stated by others, it's very mask like and not breathable.

There's a decent colour selection however they do run on the pink side and thus it looked even more mask like on me. The shine-free part is not true, you do get quite oily even when set with powder.

Overall wouldn't recommend, there are plenty of other foundations with easy application esp w the rise of popularity surrounding cushion foundations - skip this one.

I am a daily foundation user. My skin is fair with lots of redness. I had never tried a stick foundation so this was my first attempt. I usually use a liquid foundation so this was hard for me to work with. I could never really get an even coverage and it felt awkward applying it. On top of that it didn't have good coverage...very light. I would need to apply many layers to get what I wanted.

I did like the packaging. The stick was easy to use for a lazy girl like me, just swipe and blend. It cost me around $7-8.00 which is pretty cheap but considering the product was crap it wasn't worth the small price tag. I got the lightest shade as I'm paler than paper. It seemed to match my skin perfectly. It didn't sink in comfortably on my face, it felt like a light mask on my skin. My skin felt dirty, gross and greasy, I couldn't wait to take it off. I'm not even kidding slather glysomed hand cream on your face and its the SAME FEELING. It sucked itself on to every little piece of dry skin even though I am NOT dry skinned and am very diligent with moisturizer. It transferred like a MOTHERF. it also lovingly clung to every hair I have on my face making me look like a prepubescent boy with peach fuzz.
So much no on all levels for me.. No bueno.