Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick
Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation StickFit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 2/22/2018 11:59:00 AM

I don't know if I got a dud or what, but after reading a bunch of reviews, comparing prices, accessibility, shade range... you get the picture, I chose this stick foundation. I was really excited because I hadn't tried a stick foundation in years and was really looking forward to the overall easiness of a stick. Well after buying it, I had it in my purse for about 10 mins and my husband ran into another store to get a car part so I reached into my purse and thought, well I'll just swipe and see if it's a good colour match. I turned up the stick a very small amount and when I went to swipe, it mushed. I can't think of any other word to describe it. So I thought maybe it got too hot at my feet, although it was minus 10 degrees outside, the car heater was on but not at my feet. I went home and put it in the fridge right away as I didn't want it to melt. Well left it in the the fridge for a couple of hours, got it out, turned it up a small amount and again, it just smushed. So disappointed, I tried it on my face but if I turned it up enough to put it on my face, it left big musshy lumps. Tried to work around that by applying with my fingertips or a brush but that sorta defeats the purpose of a good stick foundation. Super disappointed Maybelline !!!! Definitely will not be repurchasing this stick foundation. Thought I was going with a reliable company.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok...this is my HG for contour! I would never use it as a foundation but I LOVE the shade toffee to contour with. I just think my contour is perfect every time with this that I haven't even bothered trying a high end product when this one is so amazing. I think the secret is get the right shade! They were out of the toffee and I got the darkest shade one day and it makes me look too muddy. But seriously go buy this if you like to contour! ❤️

on 12/13/2017 11:26:00 PM

I tried this until there was none left. This foundation washed me out and made my skin weird and oily near the nose and under eyes area (think big pores) which is the opposite of what it says it does and left me dry and patchy around the chin and temples. Not a fan :(

on 6/14/2017 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was looking for a light coverage stick foundation that didn't dry me out. This is exactly it. No dryness and the color was excellent--Ivory 115--matched perfectly and evened out my complexion. I was excited to find a drugstore foundation that could replace my NARS Sheer Glow, which I like, but is too expensive. The issue with this foundation is that it disappears and I have no idea where it goes. By the end of the day it's gone. When I wash my face, there's nothing on the towel. The coverage lasts maybe a couple of hours? I've never had that happen with a foundation. It's very strange. I've tried different methods of application: fingers, foundation brush, and beauty blender, and it still disappears. The brush seems to buff it away, the beauty blender seems to rub it off, so using my fingers seems to work it in better. I also set it with powder, but it doesn't last, unfortunately. I was hoping this would be my new HG, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in Toffee as a contour color. I like it but I dont love it. its not the best at blending adn I've tried ever method I can think of. (brush, sponge, artis style brush, fingers)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First of all, it already gets a 3 lippie rating as my initial use consisted of the stick crumbling really bad even though I hardly put any pressure on my face. I really enjoy stick foundations so this was rather dissapointing.
I choose the color "Toffee" to match my self tan and although it's a little more pink than my tan is it blends in pretty well. My self tan is nowhere near super deep and the shade I use is the second to last shade. That means for anyone truly deep they would not have a shade.
The wear of this isn't matte but not full on dewy either, it's a soft satin finish. It holds up fairly well through a full work day although touch ups are needed. It doesn't exaggerate my pores and make them look crazy big.
Altogether this is a nice foundation on the cheap if you can find your shade.

on 3/7/2017 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

UPDATE REVIEW (12/09/2017) : I recently tried Makeup Forever stick and Maybelline still reigns supreme in every way. Seriously, if you can access Maybelline, don't bother with MUFE, stick-wise. Maybelline is slightly lighter coverage, swipe for swipe, but layering Maybelline works so much better than MUFE at base level, and it's cheaper too!

ORIGINAL REVIEW (03/17/2017) : This was the first stick foundation I'd ever tried... and I wasn't that impressed. Until I tried other stick foundations. Now, I still find myself using Fit Me! sticks, long after the hype died down.

These "are what they are" in that stick foundations don't compare to liquid - and vice versa. They're always going to slide around more easily, they're always going to fade sooner, etc. But they're also incredibly convenient for a five-minute, well-put-together look.

I use three shades: highlight, contour and a mid-tone. I have about seven sticks in total that range from 110 to 355. Depending on what I'm going for, I'll quickly highlight my cheeks and forehead with a shade or two lighter than I need, contour with a significantly darker shade on the very edges of where I want to deepen - and I start blending. I add the mid-tone (whatever shade I want to be the predominant color) wherever necessary and blend some more.

Be sure to set these with a powder, even if it's something simple all over. My oily friends may want to consider blot powder or something similar for longer wear, while my dry friends will enjoy the emollient formulation without a need for setting unless you'll be wearing it for several hours.

These *are* stick foundations though. Average wear time about five hours for normal skin, with powder. Perhaps a setting spray would add another hour? I never wear these when I won't be able to take it off within a few hours simply because I have oily skin and it's too many extra products to get it to last, defeating the convenience factor that makes them so great.

I'd call coverage "a light medium" before it starts to look a bit overboard on me.

on 3/3/2017 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've recently returned to wearing full face makeup - primer, foundation, concealer, powder, etc. and the foundation I was using just wasn't working. I didn't want to invest in any one foundation til I'd tried a few new formulations, so off I went to stand in front of lit panels of makeup ranging from six bucks to sixty bucks. I always marvel at how beautiful makeup packaging and merchandising is. Then I stood there some more, wandered around a bit, and finally realized I needed to start with something less expensive and with a decent color range...I'm lighter in the winter, but I get dark quickly in the summer (even with SPF 50). I'm really hoping I can move a shade darker and it will work. Maybelline is a brand I've been using just about all my life, so it seemed a good place to start.

Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free and Balance for Combo Skin was a happy first go. I use a blender sponge and this makeup literally makes me look great. With powder and setting spray - it's a full 8 hour face.

It has very little smell to my nose, and the texture is creamy but not so much that it just slides around on my face. This is makeup that I can wear and not worry about it winding up around my chin!

It's not obvious I'm wearing makeup, but it's obvious to people that I've "done something." LOL.
It's natural looking on me, and makes me feel great, for a $8 dollar stick foundation. Thumbs up.

I decided to test this stick foundation out as a contour stick, and I have really been enjoying it so far. This was my first venture into using cream "contour" products, so I wanted to try something a little more affordable before splurging on something that I didn't end up liking.

The product glides on very easily, and also blends very nicely. I have only used it with a damp Beauty Blender, so I'm not sure how well it blends out when using a brush. The product lasted me a little over a month, and I've been using it almost, if not, everyday.

Since I haven't tried out any other cream contour products, I don't have much to do a comparison, but overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

on 2/28/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan of stick foundation and I ended up giving this away because it didnt do much. Hard to blend