Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation

Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation
True Color Creme Stick FoundationTrue Color Creme Stick Foundation

Active Ingredients Octinoxate 5%, Octisalate 3%, Oxybenzone 3% Other Ingredients Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

My usual stick foundation is a little pricey, so I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative. I'm on the fence in terms of buying it again as I'm used to LancĂ´me Teint Idol and this is not in the same league by far. However, you get what you pay for, so here it goes....

I had to have a friend pick this up at her CVS as this brand is not available at the CVS's near my home and work. It costs $11.60 with tax, which is cheaper than buying on their website and paying for shipping.

The packaging is no frills yet functional.

It required two applications to get a decent full coverage. It does not go on as smoothly as I expected and it takes a little more effort to blend than I'm used to. Use good light. I got the Rich Caramel as this is the color match suggested by several Internet searches. It has more yellow than I want, but it is still useable. It does not oxidize on me.

This makeup transfers onto EVERYTHING despite a generous dose of setting spray. It requires touchups every few hours as it never really set. It seeps into the pores and magnifies the fine lines. In fairness, I didn't use a primer, only MAC Strobe Cream for luminance. It still had a matte finish.

This purchase is going back to the store.

on 9/4/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love the color (hazelnut), love that it's a stick (great for travel) but not the foundation for hot nor humid weather.

My complexion is medium brown with yellow undertones. I wear a 4.05 in Smashbox liquid foundation, NC50 in Mac Studio Fix (I selected this myself with no color matching) and 350 Coconut--'too orange& 338 Spicy Brown in Maybelline Fit Me and NARS New Guinea.

With the BO Foundation stick, I chose Suede Mocha to contour and Amber as a natural highlight. I ended up mixing the colors together to make an allover foundation that pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. I just ordered the Nutmeg & Beautiful Bronze from the BO website because I cannot find these on the ground. My skin type is normal to dry and I get no oilyness with this foundation. It is lightweight on the skin and stays put even without my using a primer, though I don't wear makeup for longer than a few hours. I use the Real Techniques sculpting brush or whichever makeup sponge is handy, though I like it better with the brush.

This foundation performs as well at $9.95 as the $46 Smashbox (my fav) and better than the Mac and drugstore Foundations I've listed.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a Beautiful Bronze in this product. This is a full coverage foundation, trust me when I say, this product is definitely my complexion it is so exact almost like a second skin(I'm not exaggerating). I was excited about that, it goes on so smooth BUT I had an issue rubbing it in, I had to use my fingers and that was a complete turn off and mad messy. Sigh, anyway eventually when I got it on I couldn't stop starring at myself in the mirror because this foundation just looks impeccable. Yaaaaaas!!!!! I was digging it. HOWEVER and this is a huge however after applying it and I had it on for maybe like a hour or so, I look like a complete greasy peanut butter and not the dewy misty look that could maybe get a pass, no not that type, I was mad greasy, its crazy. I do have oily skin so maybe this foundation is not for that skin type, so I had to put it down for awhile and try new things.

Just last night I tried it again, this time applying it with a DAMP BEAUTY BLENDER and it looked so damn good but I remembered the oil issue, so I then applied some L.A Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. Maaaaan I tell you it seem as if that has done the trick because I wasn't sweating one bit, I was a very very very happy camper. Because it has such a good coverage I couldn't just give up on it like that ya feel me?

on 5/27/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this foundation stick and loved it at first. However now that I'm working on trying to finish it I've realized what I love it for and dislike it for. The Pros: It's very inexpensive, had a really good match for women of color undertones, is a good high coverage foundation. The Cons: doesn't last for more than 6 hours and starts to get really oily. I was surprised because I'm not that oily. I'm more dry to normal. It's a good foundation, you just have to figure out what you need it for. Long lasting? I say skip. For something of convenience and no more than 4-6 hours, go for it.

The color matched good and the coverage was great but this foundation is very very oily! Not even after a hour I was a grease ball I would've only gave this 1 lippies but this works very well as a cream contour so that's what I'll continue to use it for..

on 12/10/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The color was beautiful! However after a few hours I am an oily mess. No matter what I use to matte and absorb the oil before I put the BO on and after I set it (IE: setting powder, setting spray, primer) I'm still an oily mess. I've tried everything! It will be my run to the store or out for a few hours makeup.

For women with normal or dry skin this will be perfect!

on 11/8/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I saw some reviews & videos on YouTube about this & decided to try it out even though I don't normally get full coverage foundation but I actually like it. It doesn't seem too heavy & makes my skin look so smooth & hasn't broken me out or anything. I got it in heavenly honey & will continue to use it during the fall/winter months.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice but doesn't maintain its matte finish. You will need to top with powder. For those trying to decide between Carob and Suede Mocha shades, Carob has neautral undertones and looks a tad bit muddy. Suede Mocha has a slight reddish undertone and is a better match for me.

on 6/4/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Let me start by saying, your enjoyment of this product will depend on how you use it. I really like it, and it will be my foundation of choice for the foreseeable future.

I am NW45, with combination skin- a very oily t-zone. I use Hazelnut and Truly Topaz (contouring). If you have oily skin it will melt off through the day and become patchy. To combat this, you must use a good primer- I use milk of magnesia. I went on holiday to sunny Greece for my sisters wedding, and I used this combination throughout my stay, including for my mom and I as a bridesmaids, with great lasting results.

The coverage is perfect. I have acne scars, and all I need is this- no concealer, nothing! Give it a try with a good primer, and remember a little goes a long to avoid the cakey look.

The bad point about this, is the transfer. Maybe use a setting spray or powder to solve this?