Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation

Black Opal True Color Creme Stick Foundation
True Color Creme Stick FoundationTrue Color Creme Stick Foundation

Active Ingredients Octinoxate 5%, Octisalate 3%, Oxybenzone 3% Other Ingredients Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Nylon-12, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This foundation stick is NOT for oily skin. When I apply it, it goes on very smooth but it feels very oily and I use color beautiful bronze and it's very different in shade compared to the true color foundation. This may work better for dry skin but not for people with oily skin. I will stick to the foundation liquid instead.

on 2/22/2018 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I use this stick foundation in the shade called Truly Topaz and it matches my coloring exactly without looking too 'this' or too 'that'. I really do love the shade of it. The coverage is quite good and buildable and it appears to be a product you can apply quite well using a stippling brush, a Beauty Blender sponge or your fingers. It feels quite lightweight and comfortable on my face as well.

As some people have been saying it does transfer a bit and if I blow my nose and wipe my nose with a tissue all of this foundation comes right off of my nose. Such a pity when the coverage of this foundation is quite buildable and workable and this particular Truly Topaz shade looks so amazing on my skin tone.

I wear Fashion Fair in Butterscotch, Black Opal in Truly Topaz and Nars in Malaga.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

My usual stick foundation is a little pricey, so I decided to try this as a cheaper alternative. I'm on the fence in terms of buying it again as I'm used to LancĂ´me Teint Idol and this is not in the same league by far. However, you get what you pay for, so here it goes....

I had to have a friend pick this up at her CVS as this brand is not available at the CVS's near my home and work. It costs $11.60 with tax, which is cheaper than buying on their website and paying for shipping.

The packaging is no frills yet functional.

It required two applications to get a decent full coverage. It does not go on as smoothly as I expected and it takes a little more effort to blend than I'm used to. Use good light. I got the Rich Caramel as this is the color match suggested by several Internet searches. It has more yellow than I want, but it is still useable. It does not oxidize on me.

This makeup transfers onto EVERYTHING despite a generous dose of setting spray. It requires touchups every few hours as it never really set. It seeps into the pores and magnifies the fine lines. In fairness, I didn't use a primer, only MAC Strobe Cream for luminance. It still had a matte finish.

This purchase is going back to the store.

on 9/4/2017 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love the color (hazelnut), love that it's a stick (great for travel) but not the foundation for hot nor humid weather.

My complexion is medium brown with yellow undertones. I wear a 4.05 in Smashbox liquid foundation, NC50 in Mac Studio Fix (I selected this myself with no color matching) and 350 Coconut--'too orange& 338 Spicy Brown in Maybelline Fit Me and NARS New Guinea.

With the BO Foundation stick, I chose Suede Mocha to contour and Amber as a natural highlight. I ended up mixing the colors together to make an allover foundation that pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. I just ordered the Nutmeg & Beautiful Bronze from the BO website because I cannot find these on the ground. My skin type is normal to dry and I get no oilyness with this foundation. It is lightweight on the skin and stays put even without my using a primer, though I don't wear makeup for longer than a few hours. I use the Real Techniques sculpting brush or whichever makeup sponge is handy, though I like it better with the brush.

This foundation performs as well at $9.95 as the $46 Smashbox (my fav) and better than the Mac and drugstore Foundations I've listed.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm a Beautiful Bronze in this product. This is a full coverage foundation, trust me when I say, this product is definitely my complexion it is so exact almost like a second skin(I'm not exaggerating). I was excited about that, it goes on so smooth BUT I had an issue rubbing it in, I had to use my fingers and that was a complete turn off and mad messy. Sigh, anyway eventually when I got it on I couldn't stop starring at myself in the mirror because this foundation just looks impeccable. Yaaaaaas!!!!! I was digging it. HOWEVER and this is a huge however after applying it and I had it on for maybe like a hour or so, I look like a complete greasy peanut butter and not the dewy misty look that could maybe get a pass, no not that type, I was mad greasy, its crazy. I do have oily skin so maybe this foundation is not for that skin type, so I had to put it down for awhile and try new things.

Just last night I tried it again, this time applying it with a DAMP BEAUTY BLENDER and it looked so damn good but I remembered the oil issue, so I then applied some L.A Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. Maaaaan I tell you it seem as if that has done the trick because I wasn't sweating one bit, I was a very very very happy camper. Because it has such a good coverage I couldn't just give up on it like that ya feel me?

on 5/27/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this foundation stick and loved it at first. However now that I'm working on trying to finish it I've realized what I love it for and dislike it for. The Pros: It's very inexpensive, had a really good match for women of color undertones, is a good high coverage foundation. The Cons: doesn't last for more than 6 hours and starts to get really oily. I was surprised because I'm not that oily. I'm more dry to normal. It's a good foundation, you just have to figure out what you need it for. Long lasting? I say skip. For something of convenience and no more than 4-6 hours, go for it.

The color matched good and the coverage was great but this foundation is very very oily! Not even after a hour I was a grease ball I would've only gave this 1 lippies but this works very well as a cream contour so that's what I'll continue to use it for..

on 12/10/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The color was beautiful! However after a few hours I am an oily mess. No matter what I use to matte and absorb the oil before I put the BO on and after I set it (IE: setting powder, setting spray, primer) I'm still an oily mess. I've tried everything! It will be my run to the store or out for a few hours makeup.

For women with normal or dry skin this will be perfect!

on 11/8/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I saw some reviews & videos on YouTube about this & decided to try it out even though I don't normally get full coverage foundation but I actually like it. It doesn't seem too heavy & makes my skin look so smooth & hasn't broken me out or anything. I got it in heavenly honey & will continue to use it during the fall/winter months.