It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had heard so many good things about this CC cream but it did not work for me. I love the pump tube packaging and I love how it has SPF 50 however that's where it stops. The coverage is decent for a CC cream but no where near full coverage. Also the colors were kind of yellow for me. I'm NW30 and I got the medium shade. I put it on my face without powder and went into the light and my face and neck were 2 different colors. This can easily be fixed with setting powder though. Also it just doesn't last. The SPF is a huge plus but as soon as it gets hot this was completely gone. It didn't fade patchy but I just had nothing left on my face. I think this would be good if you have dry skin and like light coverage but it didn't work for me :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my holy grail. I love this. I love the fact it is easy - I don't need moisturizer, primer and foundation. It covers wonderfully. I have repurchased this over and over. I have to stop myself from using it and use the other products I have. I have both the illuminating and the regular. I have to say I love this one for summer and the illuminating for colder months. Does not break me out and I break out from many foundations. It glides over dry areas wonderfully and lasts. I am NC25 and love it in light.

To Read all 308 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay CC cream. It covered my redness pretty well, but not better than other cc creams I have tried. It can be quite oily so if you're on the oiler side I would not recommend. This has a very citrus like scent so if you are sensitive to fragrances you will not like it. It doesn't dissipate, I was able to smell it throughout the whole day. I also think this might have caused me to breakout, this was the only new product I had tried on when I started breaking out. I think if you are not sensitive then this would be great for you, it does leave your face very smooth and creates a nice canvas for putting on the celebration foundation or you can use it on its own. Overall, this product was okay but not one of my favorites.

Shade: Light (1 pump) mixed with Medium (0.5 pump) (Usually a NC/C20-23 in MAC)

This is my go-to face makeup nowadays!!! There are several excellent properties that drive it to be #1 in my book:

Pros:

- Easy, no muss-no fuss application (Idiot proof and forgiving on low maintenance days!)
- Very good on the latter side of med-full coverage for those with moderate imperfections!
- Broad Spectrum UVA-UVB Physical SPF 50+
- Shades are very close match (I use 'Light' in Winter, a Mix of 'Light' and 'Med' in the Summer)
- The base ingredients are 'Snail Secretion' (!!!). That nourishes the skin and enhances its' healing abilities (i.e. like in most Korean creams and BBs) and gives it a luxurious, bouncy gel-like texture!

Cons:

- Wears off in around 6-7 hours, 4-6 on really humid days or if I break a sweat (but easily reapplied without mussing up the glow-y, smooth coverage)
- Sort of expensive when bought at 1 oz size and at retail (i.e. $38, IIRC)
- Limited shade selection for those who have a very warm or very cool coloring (Though easily remedied with mixing another additive or foundation in)

Overall, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product, and I really didn't want to buy into It Cosmetics' hype, but impulse bought it on QVC in the large 2.53 oz size one sleepless night, and never looked back!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this but it's not worth your money. It claims all these benefits and I've used this for 6 months and saw no difference in my skin. The only good thing about it it's that it's good for dry skin and for a CC cream has a good coverage, SPF50 and the tube lasted me a while. It didn't improve my dry skin though. The scent is odd kinda dish soap lemony scent, but fades away fast. Oily skin stay away from this. Color selection is horrible, I think it only comes in 4-5 shades. I bought light but it's more like a medium. This was OK during the winter as an cc cream, If you're looking for something that will last on your face all day this is is not it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smell is a little funny but the product is quality and it has SPF so I don't mind at all. I don't think this is the best product if you have sensitive skin (a few friends had experiences with this) but it didn't bother me at all. This gets a little sticky when first applied, but don't worry, it sinks in very fast and is a very high quality product! I recommend giving this a try if you don't have sensitive skin.

This is a lot shinier than what I thought it would be, the coverage is virtually nil but the physical SPF is the best bit. This is actually a korean cc cream but if you are able to spend in this bracket, sulwhasoo, Sum37 and Hera make much better stuff. I would say this is really a $10 cc cream but since the wester market is not so familiar with korean stuff, they rave about it. This is just average, it has a nice texture but I still think the Skinfood bb cream is better and much cheaper. I got this as a freebie and I never reach for it since I don't think it rates highly on any aspect except for the physical sunscreen. Give the sample a good go before you buy this, or you can try korean bb samples off eBay. Colour darkens a little and it stays shiny looking all day, if you are into that look.

No. No. No. I would not recommend this to anyone. The packaging is accessible, but, in my opinion, that is the only good thing about this product. The colors all have very orange/yellow undertones. The shades are not for everyone. The product itself is SUPER concentrated. It was overwhelming when I put one pump on the back of my hand and I had enough product to cover all of Georgia. The texture is very tacky and sticky. I felt sticky even when I set this product with a powder. I was just very underwhelmed using this after all the hype this brand has recieved. If you have cool toned skin, please stay away from this CC Cream.

worth a try, but only for specific skin types.

background info: oily combo skin, slightly sensitive skin user, acne / blemish prone skin type. prefers wearing full faced makeup, living in sub tropical conditions ranging in 91.4°F temperatures on average day.

i wanted to try this out so i purchased this in the travel sized version, 12ml. as my country doesn't sell IT Cosmetics so i basically had to guess my shade online and i bought Medium. I am currently an NC35 in mac pro longwear.

the full sized version comes with a pump and the travel sized version comes in a tube form so its easy to control the amount you want.

1) colour match is ok, but i felt it was a bit too pink for me.

2) coverage wise, it was pretty good considering its a CC cream. i've tried BB creams before from korean brands and usually coverage is sheer-light. this CC cream is light-medium but one layer can cover quite a lot. the coverage is buildable, it feels lightweight as well.

3) there's a light scent but it doesn't bother me.
4) slight oxidisation, but it wasn't a massive difference that bothered me.

5) didn't break me out at all.

6) SPF coverage 50++ - need i say more???

*******

i think the ingredients used also play a huge part in the overall product formula. this item has snail secretion extract. i stress this part as this is actually a huge ingredient in many korean/asian skincare brands which brings about added skincare benefits in the long run.

one thing that i need to emphasise is that during snail secretion extract the snails DO NOT GET KILLED IN THE PROCESS - which is what many people would like to assume. the snails produce the slime on its own during the process and the people will collect the slime - they DO NOT KILL THEM. this slime has the ingredients that help in regenerating the skin, hence the added benefits. they need the snails to survive in order to get the slime, lol

how do i know this? i used to work for a korean brand and we were educated to inform the consumers about the process and its benefits as many people think they kill the snails. I highly recommend new users to read up on this information and its benefits because many people are so misinformed to the point it annoys me. As harsh as it sounds, pls research before purchasing a product.

******

hence from my own personal judgement,i believe this extract is one of the few key things that will benefit dry to mature skin users. however these benefits will not appear overnight, so please don't expect some "WOW!" results the next day. it takes time to see the results. i don't know if this extract will affect the SPF factor, maybe its something that you might want to ask the sales representative.

if you have oily combo skin, this product will not work for you. i set this with my regular pressed powder and after 4-5 hours oil start seeping through my tzone area. this won't last you matte for a 6-8 hours average type of day.

i had to give it away, NOT because this product sucks, but the results vary on your skin type.

from my own personal experience, i think this product works BEST if you have dry skin or mature skin types. this product gears towards more on hydration. oily skin people stay away from it.

overall, its an ok product. i can see why this product is hyped as the initial results were quite flawless, natural, glowy looking. but it won't last long if you have oily - oily combo skin. i paid $12 for the travel sized version, and i don't think i will repurchase it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is an initial review, to be updated -- I'm on my second day of use.

SPF 50? No freakin way. At least, whatever sunscreen is in here is being cancelled out by the makeup ingredients. Put this on an hour before I got in my pool to do a workout, used two generous pumps of product on my face and neck. I definitely hoped that giving the product a while to soak in before I went swimming would give me some, if only minimal, protection. I spent a total of 2.5 hours outside right before dusk and I am very pink, aka mildly burnt. I'm a redhead and am prone to being burnt, but I'm not porcelain fair, and I would only expect this burn if I was wearing no sunscreen at all. That's annoying.

As per the quality of the CC cream, SPF aside-- it's lovely so far. I have combination skin that veers a little towards the drier side, and this makes me look PORELESS. Make no mistake, my pores are huge normally. Washed this off last night and my skin was radiant and looks even better than if I had not been wearing makeup! The feel of this product is a little strange, it doesn't go on super smooth and feels a bit thick and sticky like a sunscreen, but it definitely feels moisturizing on the face after application. I have very purple, dark circles under my eyes that this does nothing for, but all redness and mild discolorations are masked by this cream. I have a feeling I will wear it alone on days when I want minimal coverage, or as a base for my Bare Minerals foundation when I'm getting more dressed up.

I've read reviews saying that this product makes dry spots stand out, or does not work well on acne-prone skin, and stays oily all day on the T zone. I'll be looking out for those issues, but my skin is mostly clear and one texture/level of driness, so I don't anticipate weird effects. This might be one of those weird products that mostly works for people who already have decent skin -- I find that this cream just makes me look really dewy and nice.

The minimal sun protection is a huge drawback for me! Not sure I would repurchase at this price point ($38) as I don't have confidence in the SPF. The ingredients are also super questionable -- snail secretion extract??? Regardless if this is good for the skin or not, this can't be a cruelty-free product.