It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

3.8

I don't understand the hype for this product at all. First of all, the shades with IT Cosmetics seem very off, even though I've only tried this and Bye Bye Undereye. I'm generally the lightest or second lightest with most foundations and the second lightest (light) Bye Bye Undereye is way too light (almost white) and medium is too dark, I've had to mix them. However, I tried my mom's light cc cream which is way too dark, so I ordered fair, which is perfect for me. I found it was heavy and streaky, but is far from full coverage and super shiny. I do really like that this has spf 50 and I think pretty much all makeup and skincare should have spf. This might work better for drier skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First of all, I ordered this from Ulta after years of watching the hype on QVC and on infomercials. The packaging is fine, but quite frankly the product did not work for me at all. It was waxy and sort of yellowish in color. I put it on clean skin and it literally sat ON TOP of my skin and never covered redness or imperfections. I could see my skin through the product! I returned it to Ulta. I will stick to my Maybelline Pure BB which covers amazingly well and blends right into my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: I really enjoy this product - it somehow manages to give quite high coverage while maintaining a natural slightly glowy finish. It's the highest coverage base that I have in my collection - I would put it at a medium edging towards full.

I tend to reach for this when I'm having the occasional bad skin day or if I'm going out at night. I always apply with a damp beauty blender and find this gives the most skin like result. It lasts very well on my drier skin type but may get too dewy on those with combination-oily skin. I don't tend to set with powder because I enjoy the glow that this provides on its own. It doesn't get cakey and it doesn't highlight dry patches.

I wear Shade Light and it's a decent but not perfect match. It may be too dark for me in the cooler weather so I'll probably have to mix with a lighter foundation shade then. I rate the packaging - a plastic tube with pump top. It's great for traveling and very hygienic. It's also well priced especially considering how much product you get and how little I use during each application.

What I don't like: The fragrance. I'm not a fan of the lemon scent, it reminds me a little of floor polish. I also prefer fragrance free base products because it's an unnecessary potential irritant for sensitive skin. Having said that, I've not noticed any irritation from occasional use of this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As I've aged, my once super oily skin now has dry patches and it's been difficult to find a foundation that works for me. This CC cream has been the best I've found. My requirements for a foundation are to not break me out, even my skin tone and cover old acne scars. I use approx 2 1/2 pumps with some spot concealing and it works well for me. I set it lightly with powder and usually wear it approx 10-11 hours a day. It does get oily on my t-zone but a blotting sheet takes care of the shine. This holds up well on my skin, does not break me out and provides the buildable coverage I look for. It does have a lemony smell but it's not terribly strong and doesn't last. I highly recommend this for aging skin; I started with the smallest tube and have repurchased the full size tube with the pump.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Heavy. Like wearing clay on my face. There are so few colors that it would be really hard to get a great match. Within 15 minutes of having it on it looked globby and settled into my pores. And
it just felt so heavy, like my face was suffocating. I couldn't stand it and had to remove it. I don't get what the hype is with this product, really. When I read reviews about this product giving people break outs I'm not surprised at all.

There are just so many mixed reviews about this product. So many that it attracted my attention to buy and try this product out. I have yet to find a CC cream that impressed me so I thought this might be the love of my life. Also I have yet to find a product that claims it has versatile roles (one too many). At the back of the packaging it said it can be a moisturizer, sun screen, serum, as well as foundation based on your preferences. Hmm interesting.

The product comes in a plastic tube with a pump (which is a nice start for me). The texture is creamy so a little goes along the way. I am in shade medium which personally is still too light for me. I use beauty blender to apply this product because it allows the product to stretch and gives a sheer-er finish. Upon application it gives a nice hydrating feeling. If your main concern is to even out your skin tone one pump is enough for the whole face. But if you want to have slightly more coverage then this product is build-able but don't expect this to give you a full coverage. The finish is more on a dewy side rather than matte. Application is fast, you don't have to blend the product like crazy. However, it starts to oxidize after 6 hours. This is a cc cream however I expect it to last longer than that. After 5 hours it started to look slightly oily but that is probably because I never applied primer underneath this product.

This is a decent product, however I am sure there are better cc creams out there. But if you are willing to spend extra $$$ you can try this product out.

I'm assuming if you have perfect skin this works wonders for you. However for normal skinned people such as myself this was HORRENDOUS. Doesn't cover much and definitely doesn't last. After an hour it had seeped into my pores. Disgusting. Don't let the ulta people coerce you into buying this... They push all of IT cosmetics products. Don't waste your money. Seriously.

I blame myself for even attempting to try a product with such a long ingredients list that includes, among other potential irritants, citrus essential oils. I know better, but so many people seem to love this product, and it's a wonderful concept...an anti-aging, medium to full coverage, satin finish foundation with physical spf...that I had to try it for myself. Even Angie from Hotandflashy likes it, and she's my age and as discerning as I am. I bought the travel size. But, within 4 days, my skin felt like fine sandpaper, and on the 5th day, I started getting random zits. I haven't had a zit in probably a year. I'm so bummed, because if they would create this product without the potential irritants, I would definitely use it, as it has a nice finish and very good coverage. I think they could expand the shade range, because the medium, which I think is the most popular color, should be made in a warm tone and a cool tone. As it is, it's a bit too neutral for my NC25-30 skin, and I looked a bit greyish. One other thing to note is that it's not exactly the lightest weight on the skin, so it needs a light hand when applying. 2 lippies for the concept, coverage, and the physical spf, and the company does have wonderful blushes, bronzers and eyeshadows.

It's a weird thing but you need to get shades lighten than you would expect from the shade names. It melts in your skin and blends effortlessly and gives you a radiant yet long lasting for my combination dry skin in hot humid equatorial climate w light dusting of loose powder. You will still need under eye and blemish concealer and depending if you happen to want more coverage i feel it's only up to medium cover. You will need more concealer and more opaque powder perhaps to work with this liquid fdn on days you need to for eg have a wedding dinner or a plenty of photos event. This great for an average person who needs sheer to medium coverage radiant- wo powder, prefer longer lasting- w powder even longer lasting /coverage - use a fdn powder over this. Versatile

I'm obsessed with this cream. My skin is super sensitive, and this CC cream is by far my favorite. I like the light sticky application, which dries to normal soon after. It does have a slight citrusy smell that dissipates and I don't mind (I do wish it were fragrance-free, but the rest of my routine is so I don't mind it). It applies SO WELL with the It Cosmetics foundation brush that I got from Ulta. I don't know why ppl are saying it doesn't apply well, maybe try a denser brush?? The foundation brush from It applies the cc cream seamlessly (and I prefer this method bc I get to wash my brushes every other day to keep things hygienic).

This stuff has great coverage. It covers my blemishes, redness, and any pimples I may have with one swipe. Most importantly is that it has NOT ONCE broken me out! durability wise, it lasts me all day but I do have to wipe my oily t zone throughout the day, which I do anyways. All in all, my only (-) is that it oxidizes to a bit of a yellowish tint, but my undertones are yellow despite my rosacea so I don't mind that very much.