3.7

Reviews

3.0
from

a month ago

I bought this after having the oil-free after reading it is better but it broke me out SOOOO badly.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

a month ago

When I first tried on this product I was amazed: smooth consistency, great coverage, nice color, and a glowy sheen. I'm also a fan of foundations in a tube, and the pump made this easy to get just the amount I needed. Unfortunately, by the end of the day my skin was greasy and this product broke me out--I'm not sure if it clogged pores or my skin was sensitive to an ingredient, but either way, it gave me pimples. To be fair, I have combination sensitive skin (lucky me!) so I do get oily and I do break out easily. My mother, who has dry skin that is not sensitive, wears this product and looks AMAZING. So, there you have it: if you have dry skin and aren't sensitive or acne-prone, this might be just the thing for you. I did really love the way it felt going on, how nicely it blended, and the good coverage it provided, I just couldn't handle the moisturizer, SPF, or some other ingredient in this that overwhelmed my picky skin.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a month ago

My friend gave me a sample of this product to try, I think she got it in an ipsy bag. Its was wonderful at first, full coverage and left my skin glowing. I wore it for a few hours without a finishing powder and it wasn"t too oily. Unfortunately I have super sensitive skin and I got a major pimple and a few smaller ones by the end of the day. So the culprit must have been this CC cream. I wanted to love it but I can"t recommend it for acne-prone skin. For regular skin though, this is a good full coverage option.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

Too thick, does not blend well with fingers, brushes, anything! Color is off. I have to buy 2 different colors and mix them to get my shade, which makes it VERY expensive. I really wanted this one to work out.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

1.0

2 months ago

Too thick!! Almost like paste. Would not repurchase!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

2 months ago

Warning rant ahead ... I just want to begin saying I absolutely loved this product the coverage, colour, application, hydration and especially the 50+ SPF. But **IT’S ALL FALSE ADVERTISING** I recently went to my local Sephora store and I was just chatting to the sales assistant and explaining how I was very disappointed that they didn’t have any left in stock !! I was ranting on how much I loved this product as I use it as both my makeup and sunscreen. She looked at me funny and went on to explain to me that it shouldn’t be the only sunscreen I’m using !! But why I thought ? She only had just found out too however, apparently for the SPF 50+ to be effective you would have to use almost half the tube and keep reapplying! I was in shock, excuse my ignorance but I love basic products and on their packaging they clearly state this is 50+ I’m not a makeup guru but this is very misleading as a buyer. After a year of using it as my main product for sun protection (on my face) it definitely explains why I have sooooo much sun damage and my skin is the worst it has ever been l!! So disappointed ☹️

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

2 months ago

I’m on my third bottle of this. I love it. I was having issues with wearing too many products as I was desperate to add a GOOD sunscreen to my regime and my dermatologist told me to skip the layer and switch my foundations to this. I have to set it around my eyes with finishing powder but other than that I let it be “dewy” as it never looks oily (and I’m a big fan of Matt foundations).

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2 months ago

Love the idea of a CC cream with medium coverage and high mineral-based SPF. This formula is a little on the thick side but it's easy to work with. It can really emphasize dry skin when used on its own. Received a mini of this in shade Light, which surprisingly worked for me (AAB/NC25). Works best for me if I apply before my primer or moisturizer has dried down, otherwise the dry patches really stand out. UPDATE - IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full Coverage Moisturizer works much better for my dry/combo skin!

About reviewer (970 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 months ago

This is my holy grail! It matches my skin tone perfectly (the most real neutral I ever found), has great coverage and is buildable, it doesn’t highlight my fine lines ànd has an spf of 50. The secret is to apply it with your fingers.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

from

3 months ago

I think that the best way to deal with this product is to use it like a CC cream. It sounds obvious but I see/read that many people think of it as a foundation and are disappointed. This happened also to me. When the SA applied two pumps on my face using a brush it sat on my skin looking dreadfully greasy, cakey and it sunk in all my pores and in my lines. She also matched me wrongly, with "light", which on me was a bit too warm and yellow and made me look ill. But I didn't give up because I liked that in one step I could have an anti-aging moisturizer, a good mineral sunscreen and the natural look of a "nude" foundation because I don't want to suffocate my skin with too many layers of products. So I assumed that the secret is to work it into the skin like a cream rather than on the skin like a foundation - and asked for a sample. I was given light-medium and this was better because more neutral, but it oxidized too dark, making me look blochy after few hours. Finally they gave me a generous sample in fair-light and this matched my complexion perfectly. I apply it like a sunscreen/moisturizer with my fingers, making sure to cover very well every part of my face, working it into my skin until completely absorbed. When I start spreading it looks pasty and extremely pale, but it is absorbed in few seconds by the skin and it disappears leaving a velvety complexion and an even skin tone. Only once it has been completely absorbed, I use a flat top brush just to buff it and remove the excess from the pores. This way it looks very natural, with a medium coverage - it is not enough to completely hide spots and marks, but  for these I would use a concealer. I would also add that 2 pumps is way too much! One pump or less of it is more than enough if you apply it with fingers - of course brush and beauty blender absorb lots of product so maybe in these cases 2 pumps are ok. Depending on the climate and my skin condition, I apply it on damp skin (right after toner or niacinamide serum) and finish it with mattifying powder on my nose and chin because they tend to be oily, or when my skin is dry from heating or air-con I only apply a good moisturizer underneath. This way, it doesn't transfer and it lasts decently well. For more coverage sometimes I apply some mineral powder foundation but this is mostly not necessary also because at my age I'm starting appreciating the look of a natural make up, and I think that for this purpose this product is quite nice.

About reviewer (147 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool