It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.9

Absolutely love this! I heard about it on YouTube and ordered it. It is so freakin awesome, makes my skin flawless. I don't think it is greasy at all and I apply a moisturizer under it (I do have dry skin). The shade I ordered was medium, it looks like it could match a variety of skin tones. It is slightly yellowish, which I love because I cancels out my redness.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My initial review of this product was a good one but upon continued use I just found it to be too greasy / oily for my face. I am not a huge fan of BB or CC creams anyway - think they are mostly for the young who have great complexions - but this one, after the day was done, just didn't work out for me. I would much rather use a good pore reducing primer and foundation than one of these anyway.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HOLY CRAP, BEST CC cream on the market! I am SUPER picky about CC creams and BB and this is the BEST I have tried. FULL coverage, moisturizing, so many crazy good ingredients, corrects, and performs well over 10 hours!

The ONLY crappy thing about this? SHADE range...I am NW20 and I am ok, but darker ladies don't have much to choose from. That needs to change.

This covers like a serious foundation, no joke, its skin-like and natural, and does NOT look like anything is on your skin. My skin just looks like its that good rofl. I sometimes even skip other makeup and just use this with a tiny bit of gloss and mascara and people think I have no makeup on at all except for the mascara and gloss. Its that good.

My pores also seemed very diminished. I have yet to find any foundation that has done this. My skin looked very smooth and even. Also, according to the site, it has Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum ( 50+ Hydrating Anti-Aging Peptides, Essential Lipid-Rich Oils, Vitamins, Extracts & Soothing Botanicals), and SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Physical Only Broad Spectrum Sunscreen.

This is WELL worth the $38. I wear NW20 in MAC and I can wear light in this and medium. Medium is warmer. Light is cool-toned. I hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EDIT: After original review, I returned it. Color match wasn't good enough and was really emphasizing any flakes. Fast forward 2 months... skin less flaky (thank you Noble soap! and springtime!) and a 25% sale. I bought two colors (fair and light) to mix. Very nice - toned down the yellow and gave let me go a little lighter. I've been able to sheer this out to medium coverage using BB - 1,000x better than brush (and yes I have the fabulous IT brush). Looks SO skin-like! I wear SPF under b/c no one is going to wear a 1/4 tsp of this CC to get anywhere close to SPF 50. On me, it looks like satin finish w/o powder which is HUGE! I hate using powder on my dry skin. This week, I applied self-tanner on my face and now the Light looks good on me w/o having to mix in Fair. I'm still going to hang on to the fair for when seasons change. Love this! Adding some primer under oily t-zone really improved how long this wears.

EDIT #2: Still LOVING this. It is holding up SO WELL to extreme high heat and humidity. Just love this stuff!!!

****ORIGINAL REVIEW****

Me: NC20, dry skin/oily t-zone

SHORT REVIEW: Great foundation for someone wanting FULL coverage IF you can find a color match (good luck!).

LONG REVIEW...

Coverage: This is true FULL coverage. Much fuller than I expected - I know the name says full but I didn't believe it. I can sheer it out to about medium coverage but still sometimes get too much between eyebrows and it can look cakey. It is thick and VERY pigmented and somewhat tricky to work with. Best method I've found is using fingers then finish with beauty blender. After application because it is full coverage, sometimes I look too "all one color" and "one note" for my preference, and I *have* to highlight and contour to give myself some dimension. There is definitely some green in the product to help cancel redness which is a HUGE plus.

Finish: I would call this a satin finish but I do set it *lightly* with powder. Would be dewier without the powder. Looks dewier throughout day as powder wear off and oil comes through - which is fine with me. May be shiny on oily skin.

Color match: I am a little lighter than NC20. The light is a *little* too dark for me. I'm afraid the "fair" shade will be too light though. Looks OK on my face but definately the dreaded line where face meets neck. I normally wouldn't "knock" a product for not having "my" color but since this is a full coverage product - color match is essential. Four colors is just too limited. I'm writing this review at the very end of winter at my "peak paleness". I'm hoping this will look better this summer.

Lasts: Unlike several reviewers here, I was actually impressed with the staying power. But I do think it kind of "breaks down" instead of just fades away when it does start to wear - that only happens at the END of the day - like nighttime.

Hydration: I have dryskin. Usually lack of hydration and/or emphasizing flaziness is my #1 reason for me nixing a product. I found this with a decent level of hydration. I'm a little drier on my chin lately so I put a little moisturizer under that area. Really pleasantly surprised! Some days by the VERY end of the day, I do FEEL a bit dry but don't look it. If I have flakes, this does make them look worse (most foundations do though - flakes suck!)

Irritation/Scent: I was VERY nervous about the potentially irritating citrus oils in this product. Beautypedia (who I take with grain of salt) slammed this product with a "poor" rating. I have experienced NO sensitivity/irritation. I'm not overly fond of the scent but it goes away very quickly - by the time I have completed my m/u. I have to agree with other review that I can't understand what purpose these ingredients serve in this product marketed to sensitive skin women??? Uber sensitive women beware!

Price: Not bad IMO at all since it is an "all-in-one type product. IT site has frequent sales and promotions (sign up for emails). Correction to another review... this tube is 1.08 NOT 1.8 fl oz. Big difference there!

Repurchase??? I'm not sure... I was wanting an all-in one product for quick days and casual days. This IS a great all-in-one product (even has physical s/s which I LOVE!) but... it ISN'T casual since it's full coverage and it really ISN'T quick since I feel the need to highlight and contour to add some dimension to it. I feel like my PC All Bases Covered looks better on me (more skin-like and MUCH better color match) than this CC cream - and is about half the price. I do think this CC has slightly better longevity and isn't quite as moisturizing which could be a plus this summer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This really seems to be a "love it or hate it" product. I'm in the "love it" group. Got this as part of a Showstopper and it came with a flat paddle-type brush for applying it. I find I get really lovely results using the brush and one pump of the product. I have this in "Light" and the shade is perfect and looks natural. Sometimes, I have to be really careful just where my cheeks meet my nose or else foundations and similar products can settle into "dots" in my pores but that doesn't seem to happen with this. After applying with the brush, I use the flats of my hands to sort of "press" the CC cream into my face. I like that this isn't a totally matte product (unlike my Smashbox CC, which I use in summer, when it's humid and I appreciate a more matte finish). Some concealer on my under-eye circles and my skin looks perfect. I especially like using this mixed with a pump of Clarins Instant Light Complexion Illuminating Base (the new one or the "old" original) - one pump of that mixed with a pump of this CC cream and then blended on my fingers before dotting onto my face gives the nicest, dewy and flawless look. It has become my favourite way to wear this CC cream for evening or in the cooler weather (when it's hot, I "glow" enough most of the time not to need this step)

Interestingly, in Canada, this makes no claims about SPF and a sticker has been added to cover the "SPF 50" on the tube. On the tv promo, Jamie Kern had a bunch of labelled jars to represent all the products this CC replaces in her presentation but the one jar had to be labelled "titanium dioxide and zinc oxide" rather than SPF because this has not passed the Canadian testing for products making claims about sun protection (ditto Tarte BB Cream and now my beloved Clarins eye cream with SPF has been pulled from the market temporarily while it is tested to ensure it meets its claims).

Anyway, I like everything about this CC cream though I might find it a bit heavy for summer. Because I got this in a "Showstopper", the price was quite reasonable.

UPDATE: August 2014: This product has now been approved to be sold with its SPF claims as of a month or 2 back. The label covering the SPF rating has been removed and in her Shopping Channel pitches, Jamie Kern can now tout this as replacing your sunscreen in your daily routine.

And ANOTHER UPDATE: I was able to purchase the "supersize" tube of this a few months ago and I'm really happy. It was in a special offer on TSC so the price was outstanding and it's just so nice to have the larger size of something I use so frequently. This really is a fabulous product!

I walked into the store to purchase a light foundation to mix with the one I had been matched with which was too dark. I told the associate to excuse the flaking caused by my retinol product. She came back with a bottle of the It primer serum and the flakes were instantly gone. Then she used the CC Cream on top. I did not expect much. I looked amazing and it took a few years off my face.
The coverage was good enough to cover or diminish the look of a couple of age spots.
Apparently my other primer and foundation products were just to drying for my skin. After I left, I ran my errands and kept checking my face. There was no dryness and no pilling. Using these two products is so easy than applying four as I had to do previously.
The thrill of it all was that the associate was not an It rep. so she did not try to promote additional product.
I am 58 with skin on the dryer side and am fighting wrinkles. If your skin is like mine, sample it and expect to be pleased.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great full coverage CC cream. I've used drugstore BB creams in the past, and decided to try this CC cream at the recommendation of one of the women at Ulta. I have very fair dry sensitive skin that breaks out occasionally, and this cream has not caused any irritation or flare-ups. It is surprisingly full coverage, more so than many of the foundations I've used. While the color of the "Fair" product is quite light at first, it gets darker after setting and leaves more of a matte effect. My face looks more radiant and even since using this cream. Ultimately, this cream is a great alternative to foundation, especially if you don't want to spend the time applying primer and SPF in the morning. Definitely worth a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely amazing! I would have given it 5 lippies, but I do feel it is a bit expensive.

To start with, I was debating on what color to order. I tend to wear 'medium' shades, but have been noticing recently a lot of the medium products I have been trying recently in other brands (I'm looking at you Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer!) have been seeming too dark for me. I wear IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye and Celebration Foundation in medium, but I decided to order this CC Cream in 'light.' I'm glad I did because it is a perfect match!

This CC Cream does have definite yellow/gray-ish undertone to it. However, this works well for my yellow undertoned skin. I'm unsure if the undertone of the product is related to the fact that is is a color corrector or not.

My skin has been pretty dry recently, so I have been reaching for more moisturizing products. While I would not consider this a really moisturizing product, it doesn't feel drying and does not accentuate any dry spots on my face. It also doesn't feel one bit greasy and sets extremely well.

I would definitely consider this medium to full coverage. It does build well in the spots I need more coverage without looking cakey. I have been setting it with my Inglot HD Iluminating Finishing Powder and it looks flawless. It wears well for a good 8 hours without fading or melting off my face.

There have been some comments about the fragrance of this CC Cream. It has a bit of an orange-citrus-y sent to it likely from the orange, lime, and grapefruit oils listed on the ingredients. The fragrance is a natural citrus fragrance, not something sweet and sickly. In addition, there has been a lot of concern about these oils being irritating to the skin. I have not experienced any irritation from this CC Cream associated with these oils.

The pump packaging is awesome! And so is the SPF 50, especially for summer. If you have been debating about this CC Cream, I would say give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Forget the label, BB, CC, XYZ !!!
IT IS A FOUNDATION, PERIOD.
I like it, because this is the first IT foundation that actually has human skin colour, I remembered in the past I bought into their foundation twice, all the medium shades are whitish/pink. Needlessly to say I returned them.
This medium shade has a neutral/yellow tone that is usable, their spf does not pass the Canadian standard so it was covered with another label. And even if it does, the rule of thumb is one teaspoonful of sunscreen for face & neck. I doubt if anyone will use this much of a foundation without looking like Norma Desmond.
I used this on top of my regular sunscreen, yes, I will buy again for summer, all the titanium & zinc oxide looks Ok under the sun, but not for cold weather.

EDIT May 2015 - As much as I thought this was a mediocre product then, my skin loves it NOW. It evens out the skin tone and looks natural, under the sunlight. They must have altered some ingredients and now they claimed it has spf 50. Cosmetics are really highly personal, what's trash for you could be treasure for me, even the same products works differently on the same person at a different time. Go figure !!!

I've used a bunch of foundations and bb creams, as I've struggled worth redness and dry skin. I saw a YouTubeer rave about it so I figured I'd try it. It's extremely moisturizing, and gives great coverage. It even stayed on through my Zumba and yoga classes and kept my redness to a minimum. Very impressed with this product.