It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better SPF 50 CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 44-55

3.9

Do you know when I came on here to review I was all "can I be the ONLY one who doesn't love this CC cream?" I was literally relieved to see the people in my age bracket have many of the same "meh" and "it's a no" response that I did with this incredibly hyped and popular cream.... One thing I noticed with myself and many other people who don't love it is the fact that there is an ingredient that is sucking the moisture out of our face and making it look very dry. I WISH I knew who the culprit ingredient is! I have normal to dry skin - NC 20/25 and I use this in Light. Fair is a bit too light. I just don't get how this cc cream can make my skin look so bad. I feel like I'm a FAIL with so many IT cosmetics when so many others love them! What can I say that's positive... hmmm... well, the packaging is good. The premise is good in that it has such a high physical sunscreen and good for your skin actives... but there is not much more positive things for me to report on. It sits in my marionette lines and highlights the crepiness under my eyes. I have tried both the regular version and the glow/glitter version... I've tried them combined, separately, with a brush, with a blender, with my fingers... and it still continues to show me no love. What prompted me to write this review is that I thought I will give this CC cream ONE more shot today and all I want to do is go home and wash my face b/c it feels so tight and dry.... For me, Illuminaire is a much better (though lower in SPF) mineral makeup cream. But for my skin, I think I will stick with GA Luminous Silk, Face Atelier, and Shiseido Syncro Glow. I do want to try Osmosis though.. but this is a FINAL pass from me. It's getting de-cluttered.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't like the consistency, I don't like the odor. I don't like the the color. It sits on my skin and looks artificial and unnatural. It is long lasting. It transfers to my clothes and all are stained. I used for 2 weeks and would throw away. Also the pump doesn't dispense well and splashes around.

I just purchased my 4th tube of this CC cream and I'm so happy with it. My first purchase was the original formula in Light and that was too dark. My second purchase was the original formula in Light AND the Illuminating formula in Fair to mix together. That was pretty good but the sparkly stuff looked really odd as the day wore on. Yesterday I purchased the original formula in Fair and now it's perfect!!! I'm a makeup artist and work for for Estée Lauder and Clinique. I love their products so much but I still like to "cocktail" my favorites to create new "skin finishes." My challenges when choosing products at other retailers is that they try to sell you colors that are too dark, or too light in some cases. When I shop at stores like Ulta and Sephora the BA's tend to push the wrong colors. From now on I'm going to go in bare faced and do my experimenting on my own. I recommend that you go outside with a mirror and examine your makeup in natural light. That's the best advice I can give!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I consider myself a bit a of a foundation junkie, and have tried just about every high end foundation with a similar finish to this cc cream.
Nothing comes close. I would class this as others have said more as a foundation than a true cc cream with a light to medium coverage.
It just gives off a lovely natural sheen to the skin which dries to the touch, but never looks dull, or over dewy through out the day, doesn't crease, or ever look cakey, hides pores well, with 50 plus sunscreen. It does have a citrus scent, but disappears immediately once it dries down.
Now, how i like to judge a good foundation is how it appears in my cars rear vision mirror, (might sound weird) but a bad foundation will show every crease, dry patch and tell if you have chosen a good colour match due to the natural lighting, and is the only foundation that makes my old skin look almost flawless !
I would say this foundation would last a good 6 hours, but i do follow up with hourglass ambient lighting finish powder to help with the lasting time.
Now for reference, i am colour matched perfectly to Nars sheer glow( Deauville), Mac studio fix ( NC 15), Two faced born this way (vanilla) & Makeup forever HD stick (117)
The only downside to this foundation is the poor colour range. I find the lightest shade "Fair is just a little too light for my skin, and "Light "is slightly obvious on my skin.
I have to buy a full size tube of fair and mix in a small travel size of light to get my perfect shade. Then store in a airless pump tube which i purchased on eBay.
Due to how popular this foundation is, i hope IT Cosmetics plans on working on more shades soon.
I highly recommend this foundation, and whilst i challenge myself to find something just as flattering, i know i will keep on trying to find that HG foundation (i cant help myself !) but so far nothing comes close.
Although Makeup forever HD stick would be my second favorite, if for what ever reason i was unable to purchase the IT Cosmetics CC cream.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I went back and forth for so long over this product. I'm 48,very fair skinned, many lines and wrinkles and have combination skin.My overall goal was to look fresher and younger without looking like I have plaster all over my face and this seemed too good to be true. I finally gave in and bought it on an easy payment offer and I honestly have to say I fall more in love with it every time I use it.It goes on effortlessly,I have used a brush(came with it)and my fingers and am happy with both results.It really does look like my skin but better.I look healthier and younger.Not dramatically younger but definitely more put together and the lines aren't as pronounced.This is completely buildable for a light to a more full coverage.I don't notice the scent others have mentioned but it wouldn't deter me if I did because this stuff is a keeper.Especially now with the warm weather this is the perfect go to product for my face.I love the fact that it has a high spf and it's also filled with skin loving ingredients like hyaluronic acid,collagen and other yummy stuff for my aging face.So 5 lippies and if you're on the fence about this product I encourage you to try it as they have a money back guarantee.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used to like it, but I never loved it..it is a bit thick, and blends it nicely, but for some reason tends to look chalky on my face..I find it really overrated, it is good if you want good coverage, but on my dry mature skin, the finish is a bit flat, and it looks like I am wearing makeup..The SPF is great no doubt....I don't know, it doesn't waow me as much as I expected it to!'

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've tried so many BB and CC creams. This is the best I've ever tried. It lasts all day with no touch-ups needed. This is by far my favorite. *****

I wanted to like this and I know many people really do but it didn't work for me. I find it is hard to get even natural looking coverge without it looking cakey. It is also too glowy for me and by midday I am very greasy. I also find the shade range vary limited. I might try using it only in places I would normally put concealer on to see whether it works for me that way. So for me this is a pass.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this foundation. I was drawn to it after seeing a demo on QVC and learning that it had a 50 SPF. I pigment easily and this HG not only has ingredients to fade pigmentation, but covers impeccably. If you want to build coverage you simply let it dry a moment then go over it again.

I like to use a sunscreen under this--Some may need a primer with it although it has wonderful "spread" and is easy to blend. I get a great effect just with my fingers, and sometimes I just use a dry air brush to go over it before it sets.

I agree that it could be better for normal to oily skin even though I am quite dry and use it well. You just have to moisturize a little more before you lay it down.

I would like to try the illuminating version of this foundation, just for the cheeks and forehead, to see what kind of effect I could get.

I just took my MIL to Ulta to try the CC foundation and we got her the Medium shade. I use the second lightest shade, Fair.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Great skin product for my sun damaged mature skin!!