Stila Sensational in Sydney Palette

No Image

1 review

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been wanting some Stila travel palettes for a while now. But every time Sephora gets some in, I go on vacation somewere without a Sephora, and I hate ordering makeup online. Alas, these palettes have since alluded me...until the place I go got an Ulta. Natrually, being the makeup junkie I am, the first place I went was to Ulta. At the checkout, what do I spy? A picked over display of Stila travel palettes! I nearly had a heart attack. There were only two types of palettes there: Empowered in Pink and Sensational in Sydney, the latter of which I picked up for fourteen dollars, which I think is a great deal for this palette. I use it literally every single day I do my makeup.
What it has: It comes with five eyeshadows and a convertible color. The shadows are 'aussie', 'koala', 'bandi beach', 'opera house', and 'harbour bridge'. The convertible color is 'sugarbrush'. I absolutly LOVE aussie. It's a gorgeous shimmery eggshell color I use as a highlight and on the lide. Koala is a nice satin toupe, and bandi beach is nearly identical, only a bid lighter. I use those two for all over bases. Opera house is a slightly shimmery medium brown color, and harbour bridge is a slightly shimmery dark brown. I use opera house in the crease and harbour bridge as a liner, or in the crease if I want a more sultry look. All of the shadows are brilliantly pigmented and of fabulous, slightly buttery texture. Fallout is minimal and the shadows apply quite smoothly.
The convertible color, sugarbrush, is a brick red 'cream' brush. If you've ever tried or seen a Stila convertible color, you know what I'm taking about. I don't like it on the cheeks because it takes off my makeup and feels slightly greasy, but it looks really nice on my lips.
The packaging: This comes in a smallish rectangular flip up palette. It seems to be made of cardboard. The top of it shows a brunette in a blue dress standing in front of what I believe is the Sydney opera house. Next to her in a tree is a koala. There's a sunset in the background. It's very, very pretty, but slightly flimsy.
Overall: I love this pallette and use it pretty much daily. It's a great bargain for the brand and the quality. I definitely reccommend picking this up, and will buy more text time I see it.
UPDATE 4/30/12: The price has gone down from fourteen to ten on Sephora.com, so I assume they are being discontinued. Drat.

Popular Palettes