beautyblender Solid Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.6

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Coconut acid, Titanium Dioxide, Palmitic Acid, fragrance, Sodium Chloride, tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This does a good job of removing makeup from sponge blenders. I've tried it with my makeup brushes and it wasn't as effective as baby shampoo and olive oil. After I've tried this, I also tried to wash my blenders with regular glycerin soap and it was just as good if not better. The packaging is cute though.

I like this product, as it is convenient and less scented than the Cinema Secrets spray. I think this solid bar is good for a basic clean but I use it in combination with an oil/soap mixture for a better deep clean for my kabuki brush and eye shadow brushes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This soap does clean out the BB really well and leaves it squeaky clean. The downside is that it's super drying and my hands were covered in little eczema patches after using this for 3 days. Yes, 8 moisturised, and no, it didn't get appreciably better until I stopped using this.

It's also horribly overpriced. If you have a look at the ingredients in this soap, it's basically plain old vegetable soap. The free hotel soap I got from Novotel in New Zealand has almost the exact same ingredients, with the difference being in the last few ingredients, which, as everyone knows, are usually present in such tiny amounts that it has little impact on the effect of the product. Just google "vegetable soap" and compare the ingredients of that to this Solid Cleanser, you'll see what I mean.

I also find that regular bar soap works just as well in cleaning out the BB- I wash it after every use and it's still spotless.

Would definitely not repurchase!!

it cleans all the gunk that other cleansers were not able to. the downside is the price! expensive for a small product. what i would keep is the packaging (it has the 'scrubber') so that i can get a dupe to be placed in it. makes cleaning easier for my brushes. thanks to the review below mine for the dupe suggestion!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff, everything others have said and more. I own 3 beautyblenders for personal use and just bought a micromini too. I'm able to easily clean all of them in under 5 minutes, which helps me avoid procrastinating.

I used my sponges to apply self tanner to my face and the self tanner stained them, which is when I bought this. It does take some of it off but also removes some of the color, leading to a weathered look.

One caveat that I do have is that the formula is so deep cleansing that it dries out my hands even more than dish soap. I feel like I need to put moisture gloves and a hand mask on afterwards every single time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wrote this product a good review initially (although I was shocked by the tiny size in relation to the price tag)...

I am editing, because I have since learned that Dr. Bronner's bar soap is almost identical to this cleanser, in both ingredients and performance. It's only around $5 and you can get it at Trader Joe's, Walgreens or Target. It's a huge bar for a fraction of the price of the Beauty Blender Cleanser and it does exactly the same thing. I am convinced now more than ever that Beauty Blender is massively ripping people off! Go buy a bar of Dr Bronner's, trust me!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush/beautyblender cleanser. Before I would clean my brushes mixing olive oil and dish soap, but this makes it's 10 times faster and easier. Just wet your brush, wet the soap, rub rub rub, rinse and let dry and I've got a clean brush in seconds. I have a ton of brushes that need cleaning and this makes it so easy. It even got out powder clumps from my kabuki brush that are hard to get out. I definitely cannot live without this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this with the Beautyblender Pure travel pack (really wanted that Air.port travel case) and I like it a lot more than the regular liquid cleanser. Its compact and doesn't take up much room and you can pack it in your carry on when you fly (a big reason it was made in the first place). It works just as well as the liquid cleanser but uses much less product.

Heres how i use it. I usually clean my beautyblenders when they are dry meaning I wash them right before use instead of after. The reason for this is when the sponge shrinks the makeup is pulled to the surface of the sponge and is easier to remove. I put a little water on the cleansing cake and rub the beauty blender all over it. I repeat this a couple of times until the sponge is covered and then rub the cleanser into the sponge. I then rinse it out and blot out the excess moisture.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools