L'Oreal Paris Advanced haircare - Triple resist

on 8/20/2016 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

ALLERGY ALERT!
I used this product and its matching conditioner and I'm itching like crazy. The back of my ears are on fire! It started slowly and became a little worse with each use. I am one of those people who isn't allergic to much of anything, And if I am allergic to something it takes days or weeks before I get any kind of reaction. At first, I noticed the tiniest bumps on the back of the neck. Then the itching started about 5 days later. I quit using this and it cleared up.
Proceed with caution.
P.S. Both products did nothing to help my hair! Buy something else, I'm returning these!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I have no idea how such a drying shampoo could possibly make hair stronger as it claims.
I could have just washed my hair with laundry detergent. Although it did make my hair super clean, the drying effect was not worth it. Even conditioner did not mitigate the drying effect. It might be useful as a clarifier to remove all oil and silicone buildup both natural and from other hair products maybe once a month. Normally, I like to rave about products, but the name is so misleading, I had to warn others.

on 12/8/2013 4:23:00 PM

I bought this because I needed new shampoo, I tried another new product from L'Oreal that I loved (the yellow bottle dry oil spray thing) so I thought I would give this a try since it was on sale. I don't really have "thinning" hair as far as I know, but I do have LOTS of breakage everywhere. This shampoo is pretty horrible. I used it a couple times, and I don't know... my hair was just... not feeling nice during the shower or after. Felt kinda dry. It has alcohol and then like salicylic acid and benzol peroxide which are ingredient in face washes to clear up spots... so that's extremely troubling to me. It's pretty much just a bunch of really unhealthy ingredients thrown in a bottle in my opinion... save your money towards a better product.

on 11/21/2013 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this shampoo because I had previously used the Tresseme anti breakage shampoo and.conditioner, which didn't really work. I bought this one because it was L'Oreal. I did notice a little less hair falling out but the wash is not good!! Did not clean my hair good. After 3 days or so of washing my hair, I'd get crust buildup!! I have never had that before, totally disgusting. Because of that, I frequently had to wash my hair, so the bottle finished fast. Now I'm using Aussie moisture repair, something like that. So much better!!! No more crust buildup. I will never rebuy this shampoo again.

on 5/30/2013 11:56:00 AM

I have yet to finish up the bottle and see how it goes. I intended to buy this as a replacement for the Elvive triple resist (It is called Elvive worlwide except in USA and in Canada) which made my hair super healthy and soft, but later got reformulated to a cheap yucky shampoo (even the packaging)

L'oreal Advanced haircare launched this line, and I thought "Wow! Maybe it's the original formula of Elvive?!?" And I also read the ingredients and compared them to the latest version of Elvive and it was different, so there I went and bought it along with the conditioner.

My hair has been either thinning lately, or the root has weakened (Probably due to all the school stress, hormones, etc) And this shampoo is meant to thicken and reinforce the hair strands and stimulate the follicle (Although I don't remember the Elvive version actually did that to my hair) I have used it for not more than 2 weeks and I already noticed my hair getting thicker, and I did notice my hair loss slowing down a bit.

The packaging is sleek, I like it. The scent is lovely, not the usual scent shampoos have IMO, and it lathers a lot! It does make my hair shiny, but I'm having a residue issue with it, or maybe it's too heavy, it is just coating my hair and I don't feel it has a lot of movement and my ends aren't that healthy. This is definitely not comparable to Elvive's original version IMO, but I also have to mention I don't have any breakage, and this shampoo is meant for that.. so... if you have breakage I'm sure your hair will like it, it has a lot of good reviews in Loreal's webiste, Ulta, and target, so don't be afraid! And even though I found it a bit heavy or coating for my hair, it does clean the scalp well. I don't know If I want to continue using it though.. I don't want my hair strands to get indian thick! But I don't want to waste this either :(

The conditioner on the other hand though, is amazing! I now learned the lesson that you're not always going to like both the shampoo and conditioner (Only because it happened once, I couldn't get over it haha)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I've never used a product so bad that I had to write a negative review before, but here goes. This product gave me SUCH dry scalp. Literal dry flakes on my scalp. I don't use it too frequently, I don't use an insane amount of products, this was the only new thing I tried. It's super embarrassing too because there are actually flakes of skin in my black hair. Oil treatments help, but I just couldn't deal with it. I threw it out half full. Shame too, I like other l'oreal hair products.

on 4/6/2013 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this shampoo and the conditioner because I damaged my hair so bad! Any way it makes my hair so bouncy and soft, but when I first started using it, it made my hair very oily at the roots. Also it is a little expensive, I like it but not that much...LOL