4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

Better than Wet n Wild. Its less drying on the lids and helps eyeshadow stay put and aid in a smoother application. Its a cream tone but doesnt show up on the lids. Its creamy but not thick and i like it a lot more than other primers ive tried. I have very oily lids and this formula is just right and not drying nor crease.

About reviewer (417 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

7 months ago

I am a little confused and disappointed. I got this due youtuber Emily Noel praising it. It doesn’t really do anything for me. It does not make my eyeshadow more vibrant or long lasting. Would not repurchase

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

7 months ago

My go to eyeshadow primer. I like this way better than UD primer potion and would never buy that again after trying this. I mainly wear this with very shimmery eyeshadows, like my Anastasia Beverly Hills ones, which are prone to fallout and creasing on me but this primer keeps them lovely, fresh, pigmented and never lets them crease even after hours and hours. I also love using this when I use eyeshadow as a liner on my lower lashline, it keeps the color exactly where it's supposed to be and no where else. This isn't drying at all, the tube contains a lot of product and you need very little per application anyway so it's really inexpensive considering how long it will last you.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

7 months ago

This is a colourless silicone putty texture eye primer used to help eyeshadow show up better and prevent creasing. It does not have an applicator. I have heavily hooded eyelids that get moderately oily. Without a primer that prevents creasing I can't wear eyeshadow at all so this product is a game-changer for me. This is not drying, but it's also not moisturizing. If you're familiar with the putty type silicone face primers, this eye primer feels exactly like that. The silicone in this is probably what prevents creasing, so you could also use it under your eye for priming concealer if you like. You could also use it even when you don't apply eyeshadow to simply keep your eyelids from getting oily. Applied in the morning, by night my eyeshadow is still intact. I rarely see any creasing by the time I remove my makeup. The shade this comes in is "nude" but it's really just colourless after you pat it in. If you are looking for colour-correcting or concealing in your eye primer then this won't do that. As for intensifying eyeshadow, this does do that(compared with applying eyeshadow on bare skin) by giving you an even base for eyeshadow to adhere to, but as it dries smooth instead of incredibly tacky it won't give you a super "foiled" effect on it's own. It also definitely won't hold on to glitters either. It comes in squeeze tube with a skinny opening and no applicator so you just squeeze some out and pat/spread with a brush or fingers. Fingers is preferable since it spreads better. Due to this kind of packaging the product doesn't dry out. My only gripe with the packaging is that some product can get smeared around on the lid making it look messy. This was the only eye primer I could find in stores in Canada at the time, but this is also the only eye primer I have ever used to date and I have repurchased many times because I have never felt the need to change it up. It's usually around 10 CAD at Superstore or Walmart.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

7 months ago

I struggled with writing a review for this one. I have loved this primer so much since I bought my first tube (I'm on my second) & a little bit of the product goes a long way. A tube will last forever. However, I applied it this morning to do my makeup for work &.....it had separate. I got oil and product. The same thing happened with the first tube I bought. I thought maybe it was just because I had purchased an older tube. I put the cap back on & squeezed the tube a few times. The primer seemed fine again after a few more uses. I will do that again with this tube but I'm curious if anyone else has had the same experience? I'm so disappointed! I love this primer & want to keep purchasing it but I can't put basically oil on my eyelids...🤢🤢 I won't buy it again if this is common with this primer.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Other

8 months ago

This is better than Wet n’ Wild eyeshadow primer. Not so drying. But if you have oilier lids you may go for the WnW.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

10 months ago

Not going to even buy a different plan primer. Why would I? So good, not dry, I like it better than any I have tried. Thanks emilynoel83

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

I do not have oily or veiny eyelids. I bought it because I watched so many videos with good reviews. It did nothing. It did not give me vibrant eyeshadows, not resolved fading or smudging issues. I put concealer (catrice hd camouflage) and I obtain much better results.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

I thought I would give this primer a shot after hearing a lot of positive reviews. It costs an affordable $6.99 for one tube. I purchased the primer in Nude 01. As it was labeled nude I assumed that it would have opaque coverage, which I need because I need to cover the veins on my lids. However, it was patchy in color and applied surprisingly thin. If I added more primer than necessary I could get decent coverage of my lid veins. Despite this I found that the primer held the shadows well. I would consider it a solid, cheap alternative to the popular original Urban Decay Primer Potion. While I do like this primer, I will probably not repurchase because I have found other primers I like that have better coverage for me. If needing to cover up veiny eyelids is not an issue for you then this primer will probably work very well for you.

About reviewer (332 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

Doesn’t live up to the hype. Personally, I don’t find this to be much different than elf’s. They have a similar consistency and gave similar results. This holds eyeshadow ok, better than just concealer would. Eyeshadow settles into the crease of my eye and fades where my eyelid moves. However, this does have more product than elf. I’m getting tired of trying subpar drugstore eye primers. I think I’m going to return to old faithful, ud primer potion. Wet n wild holds shadow the best at the drugstore, because it is literally like spackle for your eyes. Way too drying and had a tendency to bunch and cake up.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

Age19-24