3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 months ago

I wandered into a Blue Mercury on vacation recently, and found this scrub. It’s nice, and serves its purpose just fine, but I’m always on the lookout for something better. This isn’t irritating to my fair combo skin.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

2.0

4 years ago

I've used exfoliators that are much better than this like Clinique. This one Full of perfumes, so very sensitive skin may have a problem with it and it really doesn't do much.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

4 years ago

Quite a fine scrub from the avene range which is budget friendly. Strong fragrance which I don't fancy. Doesn't sting my rosacea skin but do not advise to rub hard as it can be abrasive and cause redness.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

4 years ago

It is nice and gentle scrub that comes i the form of transparent gel with some pink scrub bits in it. Feels comfortable on the skin when using it. Leaves the skin smooth and tight. No tingling sensation or redness after use. Yet does not remove the blackheads much.

About reviewer (409 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

5 years ago

I either heard it or read it somewhere once that people who love La Roche Posay products usually hate Avene products and vice versa. And after buying this facial scrub, I have to admit that there must be some truth in that statement, no matter how ridiculous it initially sounds. It quite literally broke me out every single time I use it, just like some previous reviewers mentioned in their posts. It's a pink small bottle that's way too expensive for the tiny little amount of product you get, and there's nothing impressive in the ingredient list. I ended up using it to scrub my body because I just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. For the kind of result that I got from it, I wouldn't put it on my face ever again even if it's free.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

2.0

6 years ago

This has a bit different of a packaging. It has a pink clear color to it with large granules. It is made for sensitive skin which I do not have, but it usable for anyone. I find it mediocre at best. It really does not exfoliate my skin well as the gel gets in the way. It did rinse cleanly off. It does not have a scent to it. If I had sensitive skin or problem skin I may like it a lot better but for normal skin it is okay.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

7 years ago

A gentle but effective face scrub. I use it twice a week and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. In fact i find my skin texture improves after using this product continuously. My skin seems to absorb serum & moisturiser better. It has pleasant smell as well.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

7 years ago

Nothing gentle about it! grains in the product are as massive as a salt granule and as hard as a rock and that is way too much for sensitive and fair skin! This product regularly breaks me out which is funny cause it is suppose to make the skin feeling and looking renewed and supple. as if that isn't enough it is pricey as heck and you get just 50 mL of the product. very nonsensical to me. hope that the avene company changes its' name to body peel instead of facial peel - then it would maybe serve a purpose.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I like this scrub. It's tough enough to really feel like you're exfoliating, but it's not irritating, at least to my skin. If you're super sensitive, it may be a bit much. You can definitely feel the grains, not as much as the original St. Ives apricot scrub, but more than some other gentle scrubs I've tried.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

This is indeed gentle. Might be too gentle I have to admit. It's liquidy and transparent with fine red exfoliating particles. Doesn't feel sticky, doesn't leave any kind of residue and doesn't irritate my skin. Good but not great.

About reviewer (944 reviews)

Age19-24